Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62746 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 6:35am On Aug 10, 2014
19naia:
they cant fool people who feel healthy ,into not trying to flee health care workers from the government, when in Nigeria it still remains that health care workers are the ones who first spread the disease in Nigeria and they are still the primary source of it in Nigeria after it came with the Liberian man who also came with "Government" envoy.. The Liberian was not fleeing, he was doing his job unaware of his situation. Further, Look into Sawyers profession and his relatives profession, Sawyer was a government related worker and i suspect health related workers had contact in or were his family as they mingled in government circles over concern and counsel about the Ebola crisis in Liberia and Co.. If the suspects feel healthy and have health care workers coming to detain them under suspicion, they are just as well founded to run from the healthcare workers for fear that the healthcare workers will infect them...

I never stated or stand by the Idea that the volunteer health workers sacrificing to help ebola victims, are deliberate intent to spread the disease. They are doing a work of good intentions but it is not as easy as they believe and they themselves can and are doing more unintended harm as is proven now by the spread of ebola in Nigeria by the well intended yet miscalculated health care workers.. Remember that if those professional control and quarantine systems/protocols work as you keep insisting, then answer how it is that Nigeria has Ebola on the loose in community environs from the very health workers you continue to say have it under control and should not be feared or avoided like a source of ebola?

I don't assume every Nigerian is bad, i know many good ones all over the world and i know many bad people from USA, and many other countries, the worst person i had encounters with was an american as a matter of my opinion.. What i will stand by ,is quarantine from the chronic disease of corruption and negligence in Nigerias Organized government and economic culture where big money and power are congregated... I have stated my view and you have stated yours and you have that space to do so without me trying to stop you.. But it wont stop me from standing by what i have stated with hope to learn about a better way for the Pandemic of Ebola..

I am happy for those who will take caution towards the healthcare workers and try to stay away from them.. Naturally, if some one was feeling ill and thinking they had Ebola, instinct is not to run, they will seek health care..
My suspicion is the people running are feeling well and fearing infection from the hysteria gripped healthcare workers... Simple as that and a life saving common sense/instinct no matter what kind of rationalization authoritarians try to put to it.. they didn't steal or kill and they dont want to be killed by good yet blind intentions going blundered....

Please stop spreading WRONG information.

As of now ALL the confirmed cases in Nigeria were primary contacts of Sawyer.

There is no evidence that any Nigerian healthcare worker has transmitted the disease to a non healthcare worker.

Sawyer was a primary contact of a confirmed case.

Sawyer was under surveillance and he travelled against advice, that is why the Liberian government has apologized.

You are speculating.

I am giving you facts.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-alert-nigeria-records-2-deaths-9-cases/ Giving the current status of the outbreak, Chukwu said; “Since the last time I addressed you on Tuesday when I informed the global community that Nigeria has confirmed seven cases of Ebola Virus Disease, between then and today we have additional two confirmed cases.
“The total now is nine confirmed cases of which two are late. They are the same two we told you about earlier, the index case and the health worker who we unfortunately lost some days ago.  So as at this morning, total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria stands at nine. Eight are Nigerian and one was an American – Liberian. Seven are alive and receiving treatment in Lagos. “
28.5% case fertility
The Minister affirmed that so far Nigeria’s case fertility rate is 28.6 percent.  “In the ECOWAS region, the case fertility rate stands at 55 percent which means 46 percent of people who have suffered Ebola are alive and living witnesses. I want to reiterate again that in the last 48 hours we have confirmed two additional  EVD cases here in Nigeria . They are Nigerians and are people who have had contact with the index case and as at today our fatality is two.
“ We do not want anybody to be lost. They are surviving and we are treating them here in Lagos. There are more suspected cases. We will let the media know the result of these suspected cases that we are currently monitoring,” Chukwu remarked

This is the minister's briefing on 09-08-2014.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by CoenzymeA: 7:01am On Aug 10, 2014
With people thinking this way, I now believe that Nigeria has a bigger problem. From time immemorial contact tracing has been used to combat epidemic of this magnitude whether they've been confirmed or not. The same thinking drove Patrick Sawyer to Nigeria and you can see what we have on our hands. So Sir, good luck to everyone cos I don't even have the strength to argue with you. SMH for Nigeria.
19naia:

the gross speculation is to chase those people around under speculation that they are infected.. Its speculation to say they are infeected until they are tested.. Furthermore.. It is the doctors and nurses of your so called WHO and CDC impeccable procedure/protocol that are becoming confirmed infected and at risk of spreading to their very own patients and even the suspected patients who are not eveon infected..
Two american doctors, one liberian and one Nigerian nurse and doctor..

Its disoriented to think people should not even consider running from Ebola doctors and nurses when the doctors and nurses are the only ones Confirmed so far to have it... The confirmed reality is that the Health workers ,chasing down innocent suspects, have the only proven cases of infection among themselves... The non speculative confirmed cases in Nigeria would lead any clear considering person to stay away from the health authorities who run around chasing Ebola and catching the disease themselves.. if they haven't proven that they don't catch the disease themselves in the treatment and quarantine environment, its only speculation for the health officials to say they can keep patients from cross infection..
.. People aren't wild animals to be chased down like vermin under the speculated suspicion that they are infected... the health workers are the ones most proven to be the ones likely to have the infection and spread it to their captive patients or innocent suspected patients..

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:35am On Aug 10, 2014
CoenzymeA: With people thinking this way, I now believe that Nigeria has a bigger problem. From time immemorial contact tracing has been used to combat epidemic of this magnitude whether they've been confirmed or not. The same thinking drove Patrick Sawyer to Nigeria and you can see what we have on our hands. So Sir, good luck to everyone cos I don't even have the strength to argue with you. SMH for Nigeria.
I have tried to inform him but he has refused to listen even with his apparent level of education.

Now imagine what others less educated are thinking.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mamarika: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2014
Facts from the minister of health my foot,facts on the internet Απϑ media but outrightly doiing nothing,ℓ̊ wish they do all they say ,ℓ̊ would be happy if they were doing but № they only work on. Media.in a sane country government are absolutely best but in a country filled with lies Απϑ deceit where people wants power'money Απϑ fame Απϑ nobody wants to do any work ,,hmmm ℓ̊ fear what is best here.
Now for your information that nurse who first died was allowed home as usual after wrk Απϑ am sure it was so with others too who worked on that day .she took ill in her house last Sunday before she was taken with an ambulance on Monday by some WHO persons after the family. called to say she was ill.now tell me was she or anyone supposed τ̅☺ be allowed home?

Allowing the liberian into this country was the greatest nightmare of Nigerian.as Nigeria Απϑ our corrupt system cannot curb this spread.We are in deep trouble this country people especially in a situation like this where people do nothing Απϑ lie to its populace on the media .ℓ̊ would have beleived all these lies if ℓ̊ don't know the family first hand .it Ȋ̝̊̅§ dawn τ̅☺ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ that this country is in trouble"
eaglechild: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-alert-nigeria-records-2-deaths-9-cases/ Giving the current status of the outbreak, Chukwu said; “Since the last time I addressed you on Tuesday when I informed the global community that Nigeria has confirmed seven cases of Ebola Virus Disease, between then and today we have additional two confirmed cases.
“The total now is nine confirmed cases of which two are late. They are the same two we told you about earlier, the index case and the health worker who we unfortunately lost some days ago.  So as at this morning, total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria stands at nine. Eight are Nigerian and one was an American – Liberian. Seven are alive and receiving treatment in Lagos. “
28.5% case fertility
The Minister affirmed that so far Nigeria’s case fertility rate is 28.6 percent.  “In the ECOWAS region, the case fertility rate stands at 55 percent which means 46 percent of people who have suffered Ebola are alive and living witnesses. I want to reiterate again that in the last 48 hours we have confirmed two additional  EVD cases here in Nigeria . They are Nigerians and are people who have had contact with the index case and as at today our fatality is two.
“ We do not want anybody to be lost. They are surviving and we are treating them here in Lagos. There are more suspected cases. We will let the media know the result of these suspected cases that we are currently monitoring,” Chukwu remarked

This is the minister's briefing on 09-08-2014.

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by CoenzymeA: 8:01am On Aug 10, 2014
I see you're not in Nigeria that is why you feel so comfortable misinforming people. How many people have you heard that health workers infected in Nigeria except those that had initial contact with Mr Sawyer's secretion through whatever means? (Airborne, fomite etc). The other new infections could have been family members of the health workers or people on the same plane as Mr Sawyer. Please stop misleading people in your faraway America and let Nigerians on ground handle the spread of this disease properly.
Moreover, if you feel it is a natural instinct for them to run due to some perceived threat; your duty is to educate them on what to do so as not to further spread the infection. Everyone is tensed now and are looking for information concerning this disease. Your posts would only further complicate issues.
19naia:
they cant fool people who feel healthy ,into not trying to flee health care workers from the government, when in Nigeria it still remains that health care workers are the ones who first spread the disease in Nigeria and they are still the primary source of it in Nigeria after it came with the Liberian man who also came with "Government" envoy.. The Liberian was not fleeing, he was doing his job unaware of his situation. Further, Look into Sawyers profession and his relatives profession, Sawyer was a government related worker and i suspect health related workers had contact in or were his family as they mingled in government circles over concern and counsel about the Ebola crisis in Liberia and Co.. If the suspects feel healthy and have health care workers coming to detain them under suspicion, they are just as well founded to run from the healthcare workers for fear that the healthcare workers will infect them...

I never stated or stand by the Idea that the volunteer health workers sacrificing to help you don ebola victims, are deliberate intent to spread the disease. They are doing a work of good intentions but it is not as easy as they believe and they themselves can and are doing more unintended harm as is proven now by the spread of ebola in Nigeria by the well intended yet miscalculated health care workers.. Remember that if those professional control and quarantine systems/protocols work as you keep insisting, then answer how it is that Nigeria has Ebola on the loose in community environs from the very health workers you continue to say have it under control and should not be feared or avoided like a source of ebola?

I don't assume every Nigerian is bad, i know many good ones all over the world and i know many bad people from USA, and many other countries, the worst person i had encounters with was an american as a matter of my opinion.. What i will stand by ,is quarantine from the chronic disease of corruption and negligence in Nigerias Organized government and economic culture where big money and power are congregated... I have stated my view and you have stated yours and you have that space to do so without me trying to stop you.. But it wont stop me from standing by what i have stated with hope to learn about a better way for the Pandemic of Ebola..

I am happy for those who will take caution towards the healthcare workers and try to stay away from them.. Naturally, if some one was feeling ill and thinking they had Ebola, instinct is not to run, they will seek health care..
My suspicion is the people running are feeling well and fearing infection from the hysteria gripped healthcare workers... Simple as that and a life saving common sense/instinct no matter what kind of rationalization authoritarians try to put to it.. they didn't steal or kill and they dont want to be killed by good yet blind intentions going blundered....

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 10:59am On Aug 10, 2014
mamarika: Facts from the minister of health my foot,facts on the internet Απϑ media but outrightly doiing nothing,ℓ̊ wish they do all they say ,ℓ̊ would be happy if they were doing but № they only work on. Media.in a sane country government are absolutely best but in a country filled with lies Απϑ deceit where people wants power'money Απϑ fame Απϑ nobody wants to do any work ,,hmmm ℓ̊ fear what is best here.
Now for your information that nurse who first died was allowed home as usual after wrk Απϑ am sure it was so with others too who worked on that day .she took ill in her house last Sunday before she was taken with an ambulance on Monday by some WHO persons after the family. called to say she was ill.now tell me was she or anyone supposed τ̅☺ be allowed home?

Allowing the liberian into this country was the greatest nightmare of Nigerian.as Nigeria Απϑ our corrupt system cannot curb this spread.We are in deep trouble this country people especially in a situation like this where people do nothing Απϑ lie to its populace on the media .ℓ̊ would have beleived all these lies if ℓ̊ don't know the family first hand .it Ȋ̝̊̅§ dawn τ̅☺ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ that this country is in trouble"

The Liberian was handled with a high index of suspicion by the healthcare workers based on his symptoms and history of travel.

No one was certain it was Ebola at the time he presented and he denied history of contact which would have helped curb the spread. However, the medical personnel still insisted that he be tested for Ebola

Quarantine processes started immediately the case was confirmed to be Ebola and that was when contact tracing also started and that was when the nurse was picked up. I cannot corroborate your story that the nurse was neglected because she was not the only contact and she was not even the first to test positive.

Bear in mind that a host of other illnesses can present as Ebola, it is not a spot diagnosis, and the singular most important thing in this scenario that would have helped is a history of contact which was vehemently denied by the index case.

Do not let emotions and hear say becloud your judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mamarika: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
ℓ̊ am not interested in making arguments with you,cos you are the one speaking from informations U̶̲̥̅̊ gather over the media,Απϑ ℓ̊ may not blame you, ℓ̊ only pray that GOD will sanitise our system .
Now let me tell you,ℓ̊ knw this family to the core to,so ℓ̊ knw all that happened step by step.
Who is speaking heresay?for you information thant nurse was picked from her house on Monday last week and that was after her family called first consultant hospital to say she was sick ,Απϑ then she died on tueday night .before then ℓ̊ have been reading over the internet that a doctor who treated th liberian man has tested positve Απϑ Ȋ̝̊̅§ critically ill,little did ℓ̊ knw someone close was involved.if she was quarantineed initially as they made us believe @ least she shld not have been in her house not even when the doctor tested positive Απϑ was down.she started manifestintg @ before she was taken forr trtment Απϑ she died even before the doc.
This is what happened in a country where people talk much Απϑ do less,a country where there Ȋ̝̊̅§ № EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS.
What measures did the ministry of health put in place τ̅☺ curb dis situation if it ever got τ̅☺ Nigeria?nothing !!they believe it was only the birthright disease of liberians,see myopism?
Was anybody from liberia not suppose τ̅☺ be a suspect whether sick or well since it has an incubation periood of 21day Max .
Listen ℓ̊ knw @ least the family of this nurse too well to be deceived by the lies on the media ,they can't even lie τ̅☺ me cos ℓ̊ observe tins forr myself as A̶̲̥̅♏ close .ℓ̊ may not say of other workers cos ℓ̊ dnt knw Dem except for what ℓ̊ read on the media which ℓ̊ dnt even believe anymore
♍Ɣ hand Ȋ̝̊̅§ paining me typing Απϑ ℓ̊ have got τ̅☺ take care of ♍Ɣ darling Bby Rika now,but the truth is we Ƌ̲яε̲̣̣̣̥ in trouble .we need God S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ seriously τ̅☺ help cos our govt is so corrupt even in cases as this ,God help heal our land for the sake of your people ,in Jesus name ,Amen.=eaglechild]

The Liberian was handled with a high index of suspicion by the healthcare workers based on his symptoms and history of travel.

No one was certain it was Ebola at the time he presented and he denied history of contact which would have helped curb the spread. However, the medical personnel still insisted that he be tested for Ebola

Quarantine processes started immediately the case was confirmed to be Ebola and that was when contact tracing also started and that was when the nurse was picked up. I cannot corroborate your story that the nurse was neglected because she was not the only contact and she was not even the first to test positive.

Bear in mind that a host of other illnesses can present as Ebola, it is not a spot diagnosis, and the singular most important thing in this scenario that would have helped is a history of contact which was vehemently denied by the index case.

[/quote]
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
mamarika: ℓ̊ am not interested in making arguments with you,cos you are the one speaking from informations U̶̲̥̅̊ gather over the media,Απϑ ℓ̊ may not blame you, ℓ̊ only pray that GOD will sanitise our system .
Now let me tell you,ℓ̊ knw this family to the core to,so ℓ̊ knw all that happened step by step.
Who is speaking heresay?for you information thant nurse was picked from her house on Monday last week and that was after her family called first consultant hospital to say she was sick ,Απϑ then she died on tueday night .before then ℓ̊ have been reading over the internet that a doctor who treated th liberian man has tested positve Απϑ Ȋ̝̊̅§ critically ill,little did ℓ̊ knw someone close was involved.if she was quarantineed initially as they made us believe @ least she shld not have been in her house not even when the doctor tested positive Απϑ was down.she started manifestintg @ before she was taken forr trtment Απϑ she died even before the doc.
This is what happened in a country where people talk much Απϑ do less,a country where there Ȋ̝̊̅§ № EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS.
What measures did the ministry of health put in place τ̅☺ curb dis situation if it ever got τ̅☺ Nigeria?nothing !!they believe it was only the birthright disease of liberians,see myopism?
Was anybody from liberia not suppose τ̅☺ be a suspect whether sick or well since it has an incubation periood of 21day Max .
Listen ℓ̊ knw @ least the family of this nurse too well to be deceived by the lies on the media ,they can't even lie τ̅☺ me cos ℓ̊ observe tins forr myself as A̶̲̥̅♏ close .ℓ̊ may not say of other workers cos ℓ̊ dnt knw Dem except for what ℓ̊ read on the media which ℓ̊ dnt even believe anymore
♍Ɣ hand Ȋ̝̊̅§ paining me typing Απϑ ℓ̊ have got τ̅☺ take care of ♍Ɣ darling Bby Rika now,but the truth is we Ƌ̲яε̲̣̣̣̥ in trouble .we need God S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ seriously τ̅☺ help cos our govt is so corrupt even in cases as this ,God help heal our land for the sake of your people ,in Jesus name ,Amen.=eaglechild]

Amen.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mamarika: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
[/color][color=#000099]ℓ̊ am not interested in making arguments with you,cos you are the one speaking from informations U̶̲̥̅̊ gather over the media,Απϑ ℓ̊ may not blame you, ℓ̊ only pray that GOD will sanitise our system .

[/quote]
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jpphilips(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ashantiking:

Did I ever say I was a nigerian. I already have my reasons for saying what I said if don't like it, don't quote me. I will continue to say what I have to say. Is people like you that allow the government to take u for a ride.

Even if they are not deliberately killing them, I believe they are not giving them the necessary care.

Have you been to the quarantine zone to know this or just another h0rny lame fvck w@nking over tom and jerry pictures?
Take your lame arse outta here, dumb fvck!!!

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jpphilips(m): 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Aggrippa: mumu country, mumu minister?, mumu medics, mumu people how can you dump force everyone you suspect has Ebola into one small area for quarantine without giving them proper care? and not expect the disease to spread?
solution: each case or suspect case should be singly isolated or quarantined in specified individual locations and also cautiously treated with great care!

Are you guys this dumb? so dumb that you dont even understand what the TV says anymore?

Nigerian press are too scared to go anywhere close to the quarantine zone, they rely on online hearsay for their news.

WHO website is there and Aljazeera shows Ebola update, if you are too dumb to be watching African magic all day, how are we supposed to help you?

There is WHO guidelines for Ebola Quarantine, their officials are already in Lagos, the Lagos State health commissioner explained their quarrantine zones and it was shown live!!

outside the open space is where you find the secondary contacts, primary contacts who have tested positive without symptoms, one side, then those with symptoms are inside the Air tight portacabin, they showed and explained all the zones guess you are too dumb to understand what they were saying.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jpphilips(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kirinwa:

Not that I support their running away but last time I checked ebola doesn't have a cure just like HIV virus.

If detected early, infusing you with electrolyte, eating and drinking foraciously and prolly blood transfusion will increase your chances. The difference between the death toll and confirmed cases is a proof of that so far 112people have survived. 64 in Guinea alone including old Diallo in his sixties.

"MSF says that if patients receive
treatment for the secondary
infections and are well-rehydrated in
adequate health centres, their
chances of survival are higher".

news.yahoo.com/guinea-joy-mixes-fear-stigma-ebola-survivors-201427090.html

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Leopantro: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

The index of suspicion started two days after he was admitted. Bear in mind that this was a VIP patient that flew in for a lecture in calabar, the doctors on call would have been in their toes to provide the best care they could give. How else would you explain two doctors and nurses getting the virus and testing positive? Or could the doctors be so incompetent not to inform the authorites immediately the patient entered the hospital. Given that he was hiding the history of contact and didn't start bleeding at onset, they would have though sepsis and started treatment. Also, considering the recent abandonment of one of those doctors until awareness and intervention was done, I wouldn't put it pass the government to do such.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jpphilips(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Leopantro:

my apologies for what you and the family is going through. can i have your permission to copy and use what you wrote. i want to link you up with thr proper officials. have also sent you a PM. kindly reply. thank you.

Did you ask her to come forward with her story?
Does it occur to you that the lying minister for health could send an army to silence her?
Are you aware a lot of people may have been in the same situation who will need the same assistance you want to render in private?

you should drop the contact here not sending private messages, you are even more dumb than your government.

I opened a thread calling for the sack of prof. chukwu, guess her revelation caps it all.
A family in distress has been officially declared " on the run" by dumb officials.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
jpphilips:

Are you guys this dumb? so dumb that you dont even understand what the TV says anymore?

Nigerian press are too scared to go anywhere close to the quarantine zone, they rely on online hearsay for their news.

WHO website is there and Aljazeera shows Ebola update, if you are too dumb to be watching African magic all day, how are we supposed to help you?

There is WHO guidelines for Ebola Quarantine, their officials are already in Lagos, the Lagos State health commissioner explained their quarrantine zones and it was shown live!!

outside the open space is where you find the secondary contacts, primary contacts who have tested positive without symptoms, one side, then those with symptoms are inside the Air tight portacabin, they showed and explained all the zones guess you are too dumb to understand what they were saying.
Thank you!

Another person who understands.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Leopantro: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
jpphilips:

Did you ask her to come forward with her story?
Does it occur to you that the lying minister for health could send an army to silence her?
Are you aware a lot of people may have been in the same situation who will need the same assistance you want to render in private?

you should drop the contact here not sending private messages, you are even more dumb than your government.

I opened a thread calling for the sack of prof. chukwu, guess her revelation caps it all.
A family in distress has been officially declared " on the run" by dumb officials.

Guy, calm down. Why the insult? We all know the minister is not "on top of the situation". I'm a concern doctor trying to help out someone in dire need. And you have been watching too many movie's; to silence her? Dude, check online and Twitter.soo many things are being said about the minister. I'm trying to help them and I have linked them to some public health doctors that are working without the government's involvement to try and help. What have you done to help the situation apart from act hysterical and write publications. If the health minister is removed, will the scourge of Ebola disappear? And considering Nigerian's politics, do you think someone else that is competent will be easily found?

Take a chill pill. Why don't you post your number so that she can call you?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Leopantro: 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

Exactly as I explained earlier is how the incident occurred. Read the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1851567/ebola-outbreak-how-50-year-old-nurse
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 11, 2014
May God guide you,well respected
12inches1:

Very irresponsible statement. Do you know that in Liberia with early treatment over 60 percent of people survive the virus? This drops to the 90th percentile when the treatment is late. This reason contributed to the nurses death. So I heard. Now she put not only herself at greater risk but also the lives of her husband and children. Assuming she turned herself for treatment and didn't run, she will probably still be alive now. This is the message we should be spreading. Ebola is not a death sentence with early treatment. People survive it and thereafter becoming forever immune to it. I think her husband and children names and pictures should be released as WANTED with strict consequences for harbouring them.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mamarika: 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Leopantro:

Exactly as I explained earlier is how the incident occurred. Read the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1851567/ebola-outbreak-how-50-year-old-nurse
that's not how it happened ♍Ɣ friend,but what you were made to believe from the lies on the media
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by tollu: 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
mamarika: that's not how it happened ♍Ɣ friend,but what you were made to believe from the lies on the media

I can't even lie Mamarika, this story is really saddening. How are they doing currently? I hope none of them has fallen ill?

Leopantro:

Hello Leopantro,
Thank you for trying to take this up. Have you and Mamarika talked about this?

This situation is one to be really concerned about.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Leopantro: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
tollu:

I can't even lie Mamarika, this story is really saddening. How are they doing currently? I hope none of them has fallen ill?

Hello Leopantro,
Thank you for trying to take this up. Have you and Mamarika talked about this?

This situation is one to be really concerned about.

We have and I'm happy to say the family had been linked with the W.H.O officials and proper care started. But I have learned that what we read on the media is different from what is really happening on ground.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by morpheus24: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
mamarika: Facts from the minister of health my foot,facts on the internet Απϑ media but outrightly doiing nothing,ℓ̊ wish they do all they say ,ℓ̊ would be happy if they were doing but № they only work on. Media.in a sane country government are absolutely best but in a country filled with lies Απϑ deceit where people wants power'money Απϑ fame Απϑ nobody wants to do any work ,,hmmm ℓ̊ fear what is best here.

@ Mamirika

I happen to know this familly as well and can confirm your story is true. I wil lnot reveal the nurses name but can tell you her name starts with and "E",just know I know the family as well.

Please if you are in direct contact with the rest of the family, inform them to stay vigilant for the next four weeks and quarantine themselves so they do their part in curbing this vicious disease. There are children involved here.

PS, Nairalanders, your government is ill equiped to responde rapidly to this outbreak and i suspect there will be more secondary cases that will come up in the next several months. Nigeria needs to brace herself for this problem for the next 6 months to 1 year to fully say we are out of the red.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by tollu: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Leopantro:
We have and I'm happy to say the family had been linked with the W.H.O officials and proper care started. But I have learned that what we read on the media is different from what is really happening on ground.

Well done Leopantro

morpheus24:
@ Mamirika
I happen to know this familly as well and can confirm your story is true. I wil lnot reveal the nurses name but can tell you her name starts with and "E",just know I know the family as well.
Please if you are in direct contact with the rest of the family, inform them to stay vigilant for the next four weeks and quarantine themselves so they do their part in curbing this vicious disease. There are children involved here.
PS, Nairalanders, your government is ill equiped to responde rapidly to this outbreak and i suspect there will be more secondary cases that will come up in the next several months. Nigeria needs to brace herself for this problem for the next 6 months to 1 year to fully say we are out of the red.

Damn!!!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by whitecat007: 7:05am On Aug 19, 2014
Like tolo like wele! What can you ibos pronounce? Your father's dead flesh is choking you, sorry.

Okeikpu: Oloshi grin I was actually playing -,-) wele buruku! Omo jati-jati grin
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Okeikpu(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2014
whitecat007: Like tolo like wele! What can you ibos pronounce? Your father's dead flesh is choking you, sorry.

Obo nne gi! Ikpu iyaa gi

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jbblues24(m): 12:34am On Jun 02, 2019
Sorry, I can't hangout. My uncle's cousin's sister in law's best friend's insurance agent's roommate's pet goldfish died. Maybe next time. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Some Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Naturally / 10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.