Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62528 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Okeikpu(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2014
Yoruba pple wt run-run things... always running when nothing is after dem (-.- A nwo wele!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Heamah: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia: Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking for you because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

I have been scrolling to see if someone could think about it this way rather than being selfish. 1million likes

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2014
PresidentAde:

Hi friend ..........Doctors are on strike :..Yes.......But not really in Lagos state,,,,,,,,Walk into any Primary health care centre in Lagos state today & a Doctor will attend to You !
Yes we were talking about an incident in Owerri.
Thanks.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia: Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking foryou because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
[s] If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. N[/s]ever underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

Please stop speculating rubbish.
There running is NOT justified by your factless epistle.

Confirmed and unconfirmed cases are ALWAYS separated and each unconfirmed case is treated individually.

It is a very basic rule in public health and the cases are being managed by public health consultants in conjuction with the WHO and CDC.

Why do people like making irritating speculations that bias the public.
And people are already happy with your funny ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 9jatatafo(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2014
I also heard that the Liberian, Mr. Sawyer who imported EBOLA VIRUS to Nigeria also ran away too at first and the death he was running from still caught up with him. I don't understand why we Africans act in this barbaric manner. For the husband and children of the nurse to go on AWOL is a bigger danger because they are already spreading the Ebola virus. Please, whoever know their where about should contact the federal ministry of health ASAP!!! Why are people so daft? We all will die one day be it through natural death, accident, diseases, illnesses et al.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2014
Seun plz get dislike botton into this fuc-kin forum some people are talking trash here. Typical African mentality. Who's infected let him or her die. No remorse.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by orlaryhincah(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2014
MissyDivah: Lol no I didn't am not dumb I know that can never prevent or cure Ebola nah tongue am sure u did
Nneka
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Onegai(f): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:

Confirmed and unconfirmed cases are ALWAYS separated and each unconfirmed case is treated individually.

It is a very basic rule in public health and the cases are being managed by public health consultants in conjuction with the WHO and CDC.

Can you assure us that is the case in Nigeria? Are you in contact with anyone at the hospital in Yaba, who can assure us that yes, 7 infected individuals are isolated separately, not sharing the same toilet or the toilet being disinfected after each use, that they are being taken care of? Please confirm that, then these innocent people will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2014
Onegai:

Can you assure us that is the case in Nigeria? Are you in contact with anyone at the hospital in Yaba, who can assure us that yes, 7 infected individuals are isolated separately, not sharing the same toilet or the toilet being disinfected after each use, that they are being taken care of? Please confirm that, then these innocent people will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.

Yes.
I can
My post refers to Nigeria.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Dragonking: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2014
egbe4real: y not de clear dem wanted, put their pix here is dat if we see them. We can run frm them. Am sure d devil is using them to infest more ppl?

Wetin concern devil for this matter?? the way you people reason is very shallow
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Pipsland78: Anyone with such a contagious disease as ebola and decides to run is wicked and deserves no mercy

It is ignorance and being overwhelmed by the whole situation that probably prompted this man to disappear with the kids. Could you imagine the different kind of messages this man must have been getting from several people? This is just like the ignorance of people drinking and bathing with salt water, unaware of the damage they are doing to their body systems from this hypertonic substance. For all I know, this man, due to lack of proper education of the disease, may have feared that the rest of his family could be exterminated.

I believe the citizenry should be given an official daily awareness of the disease through the media, including radio (english and local channels), private and television stations, newspapers, churches, sms alerts from the mobile phone companies. Such awareness will teach people how to prevent themselves from possible infection, and if they suspect they are infected, that they have a higher chance of survival if they report themselves to a health center. A coordination between federal minister of health and information with the state commissioners of health and information shall do the trick. There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Dragonking: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Almighty consultants don see the one dem no fit CONSULT.

They think say Ebola na JOHESU?
grin grin grin

\

Abi ooo..the useless doctors we have here don see what medicine is all about now they pick race..grin
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Izunwa(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2014
12inches1:

Very irresponsible statement. Do you know that in Liberia with early treatment over 60 percent of people survive the virus? This drops to the 90th percentile when the treatment is late. This reason contributed to the nurses death. So I heard. Now she put not only herself at greater risk but also the lives of her husband and children. Assuming she turned herself for treatment and didn't run, she will probably still be alive now. This is the message we should be spreading. Ebola is not a death sentence with early treatment. People survive it and thereafter becoming forever immune to it. I think her husband and children names and pictures should be released as WANTED with strict consequences for harbouring them.
You just said it all. The hospital officials and the Ministry of Health is not even helping matters in this case at all. Why haven't they disclose the identity of the said nurse up till now let alone her family No name, no pictures etc. For the love of mike, those guys maybe in anoda state walkin freely in public places without hindrance. Na waoh!!!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by demmie1: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2014
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad

You are a fo.ol and those who liked your post too.
how dem take kill their sister.
You and your brother sawyer are the ones that spreads the virus about when you start running from treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by electropiz(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2014
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad

lame, i pray they transmit it to u, we are talking About containing the disease n Ure encouraging spreading it
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Izunwa(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2014
Kalvan500: What are they running from?!

Ehnn!!!

Ngwake, why ban me till 2041?!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Izunwa(m): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2014
Kalvan500: What are they running from?!

Ehnn!!!

Ngwake, why ban me till 2041?!
2014 to 2041 The guy wicked ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by haibe(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2014
Onegai:

I guess he meant those confirmed and those unconfirmed are isolated separately. . Not all infected individuals
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ologunjude(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2014
They are on the run! O yeah, why shouldn't they be on the run! These government has been lying to us then. Both the federal government and Lagos state inclusive. The news we heard three weeks ago was that all those who came across the late Liberian where on the watch list subsequently quarantined. So why was she left to go home to her family! This is simple logic! Think guys think. It's either they are not on top of it or trying to close their tracks deceiving the world they are working.
Have you noticed the no is increasing drastically? These is a sign that 9ja was never ready for such 'they never do' based on antecedents. My peace of advice for everyone is to educate yourself while praying that that Msap drugs come out solidly. So in a week time it would have been confirmed if the 2 American Dr. In perfect state and the drugs produced in good quantity and shipped to Africa! Then all these would now be history. History I believe we would learn from to become neater and more proactive. Jude - Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Natasha2(f): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Na wa ohhhhhhhh
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by tellwisdom: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
demmie1:

You are a fo.ol and those who liked your post too.
how dem take kill their sister.
You and your brother sawyer are the ones that spreads the virus about when you start running from treatment.

I do not blame illegitimate kids like you, but your bearers.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by phemmyjohnson: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Onegai:

Guy! Chilax, Tell me why are they running??
To save their lives??
Cause they have one herbalist that can heal them sumwhere??
Everybody knows their chances of survival whether with the FG or on the run is 10%
Buh its beta to be quarantined and diagnosed at the early stage, probably a little hope might turn up as it happened with those 2 sierra leone kids that just survived Ebola the incurable disease..

Plz don't make FG the agents of death here,
Even tho they prove irresponsible by allowing that infected cow into our country
Fashola clearly stated while visiting the Ebola center that cases are seperated..
Those showing symptoms and crucially ill are seperated from those quarantined and under observation for possible signs of Ebola..

So pls get up ur shitty ass b4 those on the run get in contact with you and I ...

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by tellwisdom: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
electropiz:
lame, i pray they transmit it to u, we are talking About containing the disease n Ure encouraging spreading it

No, I cannot be infected by it because I'm not foolish and careless as the eldest man in your house. Omo ale like you
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by phemmyjohnson: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tell me why are they running??
To save their lives??
Cause they have one herbalist that can heal them sumwhere??
Everybody knows their chances of survival whether with the FG or on the run is 10%
Buh its beta to be quarantined and diagnosed at the early stage, probably a little hope might turn up as it happened with those 2 sierra leone kids that just survived Ebola the incurable disease..

Plz don't make FG the agents of death here,
Even tho they prove irresponsible by allowing that infected cow into our country
Fashola clearly stated while visiting the Ebola center that cases are seperated..
Those showing symptoms and crucially ill are seperated from those quarantined and under observation for possible signs of Ebola..

So pls y'all get up ur shitty a*s b4 those on the run get in contact with you and I ...
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Onegai(f): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
767 is Lagos State Emergency number, it is working. I am urging those who had contact with these our brave nurses and medical staff, to call them. Please call right now. Call 767, the relevant authorities will be waiting for you.

The rest of us, please don't call that number unless there's an emergency.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by iswallker(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:

Even american dr's who were takin the best precaution in liberia got it.

God forbid that u need to enter an isolation unit. Fear go catch u.

God help us.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Run to where kwa? Ebola doesn't have cure your best hope is to start rehyration therapy and antibiotics soonest. All he will do is kill those children and other Nigerians in the process

His also running for his dear life, @ least to live d vicinity where d victim died
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
You're daft! They are looking for them to help them and Nigerians! Those people are doing exactly what Patrick Sawyer did and if they're infected thry will die and infect others. I pray dey visit you. Mtcheew This one go come talk say she go school. Oponu, didirin!

U re very very very stupid for quoting me, wat ȋ̝̊̅§ my biz with urs, he concern u if i go to sch or not, nonenity of d highest order. Id*ot. Must u abuse me bf u correct me. Mi º°˚ gbe enu mi fun alagbafo. Na u den go visit! Si*ly
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Onegai:

I cannot access the mail you sent.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 190theclown: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
hmmm smiley
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
God forbid,that would be wickedness on your part just like the Liberian man that brought it into the country. You'd be exposing more innocent people. Please be your generation/ race keeper. Who will remain if we all die? Please people should not be selfish. If you read the account of the American doctor that contracted the disease while taking care of victims you'd be amazed at the sense of responsibility he exhibited. He immediately isolated himself when he started having the symptoms pending the outcome of the test. That is the way to go!
IMO the relative names should be publicised so that they can be fished out before they wreck more havoc.

Excuse me am not wicked, all i need is more enlightenment n explanation, not abuse
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Orikinla(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
[size=14pt]Did her family disappear overnight?
Living in Nigeria is scary these days.
I am more concerned about the innocent children in this country.
They deserve to live in a safe and secure environment.
Only God can save us. [/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pain During Sex / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.