Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62762 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
Please, be informed. Running will not help. It will only increase the chances of the disease spreading even more and you can never know who's next. If people keep running, we'll end up having multiple cases and more deaths on our hands.

Quarantine will take a maximum of 3-4 weeks and i'm sure whoever is quarantined will be well taken care of. If the person ends up being positive, early and aggressive treatment will increase chances of survival.

Ok, thank u ma. Oro opolo leleyi, y u shld someone abuse bf dey make correction. Too common on n/l. Thanks once more

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Silensa(m): 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
grin
donnypool: put their damn picture to the public, and in the next two days they will probably be found dead or alive, but i know nigerians they will surely be found burnt

Tire and fuel way
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by slap1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Here in Owerri, rumour is rife that the woman's daughter has been admitted in Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Owerri. The authorities should act quickly to arrest this situation.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Run to where?
For what?
Ignorance is truly a disease and common sense ain't common.

Must u insult bf u corect someone, can't u correct pple with love, infact ȋ̝̊̅§ good to have home training so as to no au to talk to pple
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Originalsly: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
theplanmaker:

Quarantine doesn't mean cramming all of them into a room to see who goes down first. they are kept seperately and closely monitored. if after 21days (which is the longest incubation period) they show no sign of the disease, they are free to go.
where ever they are right now, everyone around them is at risk . imagine how many people they could infect. if people keep running and hiding, this thing will be difficult to contain.
No doubt....I do agree with you under the standard quarantine conditions and fort he duration you mentioned. But were these the conditions for the family?....or did quarantine mean being separated from the general public by all being huddled under the same roof?....one bathroom...one toilet...community living? Fashiola has made a bungalow available to quarantine the victims and suspects......but is it rally quarantine or separation from the general public? I guessed they were separated and that's why they got away.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
They are probably already infected, and on their way to infect others.

May dem be track down, thanks for d info
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
RUN... BUT SINCERELY TO WHERE??

THE FAMILIES OF THE NURSE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IF THEY STILL STAY FOR OBSERVATION.
THEY ARE RISKING OTHER INNOCENT NIGERIANS LIVES BY ABSCONDING!!

Thanks for d enlightenment
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
and we go hunt you down with jazz, cutlass and guns. O da nkan kan month

Na u den go hunt down, ki ni iwo na da mo?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Originalsly: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
We are not even sure if these people are infected. The question we should be asking is what if someone in your local area or family shows symptoms of infection....where would you take them and would they be really quarantined or bunched in with others? Quarantine units are specially designed and constructed....do we have to house the growing number?...and why don't. i hear of any being urgently built? Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by OBB77(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Its sad wen pp peddle unsubstantiated rumours for mischief. Nigeria does not hv a single health ministry official, we hv both fed n state, so wic of them r u quoting? Evn if ur source is anonymous, den best practises in cases like this demands u specify. U dont create panic in d minds of ppl in order to appear exclusive. I am a journalist, I knw it wrks. U must admit dat d ministry officials in conjuction wt other bodies involved in ds Ebola project in d country hv bn forthcomin wt info as much as possible. Attend any of d press conferences n u wil appreciate wat am talkin abt.
Things might nt b too rosy in d country for now bt in ds situation, we must all close ranks n fight a common enemy. Ds is nt a tym to villify anyone. God bless Naija.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by publicenemy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Missy89: So the Americans were transported to their country and are now in full recovery while dead bodies keep piling up on the streets of Liberia and suspected patients are on the run in Nigeria. ignorant citizens are consuming too much salt and running to churches. mediocre comedians are making meaningless jokes while evil entrepreneurs are making fake products. Africa is really a basket case cry cry

Begging for drugs like beggars. while doctors are on their heels (incredible!!!)

In few months you will see some fuvktards talking about one imaginary Africans that built empires and started civilizations

If you think this continent is so fvcked,what the hell are you doing here? Why come on an african forum and whats ur business with anything african?...

If you are black or african then I pity your children if you will ever have any,because they are doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by BetaThings: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
I am surprised that people are saying to where?

How do you expect them to just lie in the hospital and die
No they will try out the alternatives promised

Did people not talk about laying of hands?
That is better than lying there, waiting, waiting

Or there would be people who can use some concoction or the invocation of spirits to drive the virus out

I am so surprised that we cannot imagine that they will be at Redeemed Church Convention right now!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by dozymars(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
You shouldn't blame them. Probably he must have seen how his wife was quarantined. This is Nigeria, was she treated with care before she died.

How do you expect a bereaved family to summit theselves when their state of mind is not sound.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Okudiover(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin This man enter joint wey we siddon thursday nite as rain don fall finish na im we take off, whether na rain coat or ebola doctor we no wan story oh! Wey una say the Nurse family run go? I hope no be Owerri wey we dey.

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by carolconfee: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
The US produced prototype EBOLA serum ZMAPP is showing positive result and it would soon be shipped to west Africa,A fellow concerned Nigeria has been able too push some buttons and ordered for some bottles of this serum..If you are interested like our page or contact us at carolconfee@gmail.com to order for a bottle of ZMAPP serum but please note that you must give it to a qualified doctor to use on you either for prevention or treatment.stay safe www.facebook.com/confee
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ebonyjummy(f): 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run
Run go where na my sis?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ibaku(m): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
carolconfee: The US produced prototype EBOLA serum ZMAPP is showing positive result and it would soon be shipped to west Africa,A fellow concerned Nigeria has been able too push some buttons and ordered for some bottles of this serum..If you are interested like our page or contact us at carolconfee@gmail.com to order for a bottle of ZMAPP serum but please note that you must give it to a qualified doctor to use on you either for prevention or treatment.stay safe www.facebook.com/confee
una don come ??

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by diamondboa(m): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

Why do you need to run? We are the major agent for this virus then.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by fairheven: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Is o.k to condemn them,but I don't tink they are running from the decease,but rather from Stigma,nigerians discriminate slot wen it come to tins like this...you can ask people living with AIDS.bet you,even if they get treated,in thenext twenty years,people will still avoid them like a plague.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
donnypool: but i know nigerians they will surely be found burnt
Nigeria is not that bad. Nobody would want to come close to them, not to talk of assaulting them.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by curiouses: 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Seun:
Nigeria is not that bad. Nobody would want to come close to them, not to talk of assaulting them.
Nigeria is badder than that...I pray they're not stoned or shot at.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Seun(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
curiouses: Nigeria is badder than that...I pray they're not stoned or shot at.
What for? It's possible that they are self-quarantining themselves.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by curiouses: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Seun: What for? It's possible that they are self-quarantining themselves.

Unless they do not show any sign of them carrying the virus, their safety is in no way guaranteed.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Onegai(f): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
I cannot access the mail you sent.

If you reply it, I can send you an email.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Missy89: So the Americans were transported to their country and are now in full recovery while dead bodies keep piling up on the streets of Liberia and suspected patients are on the run in Nigeria. ignorant citizens are consuming too much salt and running to churches. mediocre comedians are making meaningless jokes while evil entrepreneurs are making fake products. Africa is really a basket case cry cry

Begging for drugs like beggars. while doctors are on their heels (incredible!!!)

In few months you will see some fuvktards talking about one imaginary Africans that built empires and started civilizations
Go kill yourself then.

You won't be missed.

Fool.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mindtricks: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
General reactions and dispositions of most folks here at serious issues like this really leaves concerned minds with so much cause for concern. People generally think every topic raised on nairaland belong to the jokes section. While so many are dying of this, the best we can do is to laugh about it.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 19naia(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:

Please stop speculating rubbish.
There running is NOT justified by your factless epistle.

Confirmed and unconfirmed cases are ALWAYS separated and each unconfirmed case is treated individually.

It is a very basic rule in public health and the cases are being managed by public health consultants in conjuction with the WHO and CDC.

Why do people like making irritating speculations that bias the public.
And people are already happy with your funny ideas.

the gross speculation is to chase those people around under speculation that they are infected.. Its speculation to say they are infeected until they are tested.. Furthermore.. It is the doctors and nurses of your so called WHO and CDC impeccable procedure/protocol that are becoming confirmed infected and at risk of spreading to their very own patients and even the suspected patients who are not even infected..
Two american doctors, one liberian and one Nigerian nurse and doctor..

Your are disoriented to think people should not even consider running from Ebola doctors and nurses when the doctors and nurses are the only ones Confirmed so far to have it... The confirmed reality is that the Health workers ,chasing down innocent suspects, have the only proven cases of infection among themselves... The non speculative confirmed cases in Nigeria would lead any clear considering person to stay away from the health authorities who run around chasing Ebola and catching the disease themselves.. if they haven't proven that they don't catch the disease themselves in the treatment and quarantine environment, its only speculation for the health officials to say they can keep patients from cross infection..
Think clearly and stop trying to simply dominate with your opinion.. People aren't wild animals to be chased down like vermin under the speculated suspicion that they are infected... the health workers are the ones most proven to be the ones likely to have the infection and spread it to their captive patients or innocent suspected patients.. Maybe you are an Enola health worker and a risk to people
You speak from fear and hysteria and not concern for anybody but your self.. and that my friend is rubbish
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 19naia(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
CoenzymeA:
In essence everyone who has had contact with infected person should start running? In as much as you have a valid point, is it not better for few people to die than for the whole nation to be wiped out? I don't mean to be insensitive as we are all in this together, but this attitude would cause a total breakdown of our public system: health, economy, social etc. Go and ask the Liberians and the Sierra Leonians. This not a time to trade blames but proactive steps by all and sundry to curb this common enemy. IMHO

the gross speculation is to chase those people around under speculation that they are infected.. Its speculation to say they are infeected until they are tested.. Furthermore.. It is the doctors and nurses of your so called WHO and CDC impeccable procedure/protocol that are becoming confirmed infected and at risk of spreading to their very own patients and even the suspected patients who are not even infected..

Its disoriented to think people should not even consider running from Ebola doctors and nurses when the doctors and nurses are the only ones Confirmed so far to have it... The confirmed reality is that the Health workers ,chasing down innocent suspects, have the only proven cases of infection among themselves... The non speculative confirmed cases in Nigeria would lead any clear considering person to stay away from the health authorities who run around chasing Ebola and catching the disease themselves.. if they haven't proven that they don't catch the disease themselves in the treatment and quarantine environment, its only speculation for the health officials to say they can keep patients from cross infection..
.. People aren't wild animals to be chased down like vermin under the speculated suspicion that they are infected... the health workers are the ones most proven to be the ones likely to have the infection and spread it to their captive patients or innocent suspected patients..
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 19naia(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
VantagePoint:
Oh, so you have worked with the government in a setting like this before?
Ebola is of PUBLIC HEALTH concern; it is imperative that the spread is limited by isolation of exposed people.
That poo you typed about government infecting non-exposed individuals quarantined in the same place is at best.., poo.
It is better for them to be isolated for the incubation period, tested for the virus and get early treatment (which may be life-saving) or released if they're found to be free of the disease. This is preferable to taking the risk of them having the virus and mingling with unsuspecting people.

Your are disoriented to think people should not even consider running from Ebola doctors and nurses when the doctors and nurses are the only ones Confirmed so far to have it... The confirmed reality is that the Health workers ,chasing down innocent suspects, have the only proven cases of infection among themselves... The non speculative confirmed cases in Nigeria would lead any clear considering person to stay away from the health authorities who run around chasing Ebola and catching the disease themselves.. if they haven't proven that they don't catch the disease themselves in the treatment and quarantine environment, its only speculation for the health officials to say they can keep patients from cross infection..
Think clearly and stop trying to simply dominate with your opinion.. People aren't wild animals to be chased down like vermin under the speculated suspicion that they are infected... the health workers are the ones most proven to be the ones likely to have the infection and spread it to their captive patients or innocent suspected patients.. Maybe you are an Enola health worker and a risk to people
You speak from fear and hysteria and not concern for anybody but your self.. and that my friend is rubbish
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why do you need to run? We are the major agent for this virus then.

Thanks for d info
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mindtricks: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Seun: What for? It's possible that they are self-quarantining themselves.

Even Seun himself thinks it's a child's play?

Let us see how it plays out in weeks to come.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 19naia(m): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
ameenahz:

We are always quick to condemn Nigeria's health care system. It is not that bad. There is a laid down guideline for isolation put together by WHO for level 4 Infections like Ebola and hospitals that are going to be admitting patients with this infection are going to be following them strictly. Even if all the materials are not available, there are good materials to improvise with.

If you know anyone who is likely to be infected please call 0800-EBOLA-HELP. It's toll free.

Just remember that the first confirmed cases of Ebola are the health workers, the doctor and nurse involved with treating the Liberian man who was also affiliated with a government Envoy.. Even the esteemed american doctors with acclaimed world class methods, they caught ebola...
How is it not the focus of Ebola infection should be more so on the government and health officials chasing the disease and catching it themselves..
The clear thinkers on the matter see that the doctors and nurse caught the disease and they are the ones risking spreading it.. How is it we can now convince people with out a doubt that they should now submit to the same doctors and nurses who haven't proven themselves to have an adequate quarantine system and management to keep even the doctors and nurses from Infection?
There is a lot of self preservation bias going on and i must agree, even from my own perspective on the matter, its a confounding predicament still in need of better solution and methods than people just running or authorities chasing suspects like wild vermin...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / 10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection / Some Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.