Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku (63011 Views)

Fairly Used - 2004 Infiniti Fx35 ( 2m ) The Car Is A B E A S T. / EYE POPPING CARS; NAIRALAND AUTOSHOP. PRE-ORDER THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS FROM USA! / Car Exporter I Will Find You The Car You Require At The Best Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ugoezeik(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
imas: The fire service go come from Nairaland?
bro i wonder, seun need to ban some ppl on dis Nairaland walahi
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
blizard44: Bt na wa ooo.....

A couple of fire extinguishers could have subsided this fire and ameliorated the degree of damage if those plying the road cared enough to help....

None of them has got estinguishers I'm almost certain; who knows?

jimmy4x:
Nawa for Nigerians I swear, we toooo wicked, ordinary FE, dem no fit stop, give them, funny thing is, those who have it inside their cars don't use it o, no one prays to have a reason to use it, d one wey dey my car, I never use am once, if no be road safety people, wetin I wan take am do??
We should learn to be nice to one another and I bilieve it starts from here.
May God help us

erictoonice:
Honesty Nigerians are heartless in many things, we're too selfish, I've lost someone so close and dear to me in a similar situation, someone had an accident around 9am, not like the car got burnt o, they could not rescue them till around 2pm.

Its illogical to think that if some of the commuters stopped and volunteered their extinguishers the fire could have been averted. The question is, why where they not evacuated before the fire. An SUV will not just go up in flame. A crash will have happened and a small fire would have developed probably because of a ruptured tank. Now it depends on where the fire was and how the fire even started. I trust Nigerians, once an accident happens, it only takes a few seconds for sympathizers to show up and attempt a rescue. So that there were no people to help is out of the question. They probably did not have time to help. The car could have exploded before people even had time to get there.

3 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
nerodenero: Is there a kind way to die?
Yep.....
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Kossyne(m): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
richarts: Maybe it's judgement day for the politicians.

Someone just died a very horrible death...someone's husband, father, uncle, leader, king, son, grandfather and this is all could think of.

Sometimes the way people think can be perplexing.

2 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nyikoro: 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
ITbomb: This is the reason I don't lock myself inside the car especially on Highways,
I normally switch off the AC and wind down just a bit, it is noisy though but safe, when I'm inside town, I can afford to feel the AC.
wrong answer. Please lock your door and put on your sit belts. WHAT MUST HAPPEN MUST HAPPEN.
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Just20(f): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
IYANGBALI: hmmmmm lie lie wan start,small time now you go talk say you know the governor and our president
hey mister don't quote me unnecessarily ok... by the way with your myopic thinking, the governor and the president are they not human beings that have viable relations with people? park well abeg

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
banega: Smh, Y'all should please get a room.. Gosh!!
Why you dey vex naaa?
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
zube01: So all of una way dey there non of una get fire extinguisher?

I wonder..

Maybe nah that small type wey dey spray like soapy water dem carry.

Your cars are supposed to be equipped with industrial sized fire extinguishers..
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Jodesky(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
princefunmi:
Its illogical to think that if some of the commuters stopped and volunteered their extinguishers the fire could have been averted. The question is, why where they not evacuated before the fire. An SUV will not just go up in flame. A crash will have happened and a small fire would have developed probably because of a ruptured tank. Now it depends on where the fire was and how the fire even started. I trust Nigerians, once an accident happens, it only takes a few seconds for sympathizers to show up and attempt a rescue. So that there were no people to help is out of the question. They probably did not have time to help. The car could have exploded before people even had time to get there.

You just spoke my mind. The level of illiteracy in this country is baffling as clearly exhibited by most of the contributors on this thread. Can any sane person attempt to put out an explosion-triggered fire with a handheld extinguisher?.
The story of the incident as narrated on the first page of this thread is that the SUV ran into an obviously stationary truck and immediately caught fire. Indeed, the story has it that the two rear tyres of the truck also exploded. That jigs our minds that there was a combustible material somewhere, either in the truck or the SUV. Even at that, an SUV ramming into a truck would have easily trapped the front sitters and they would end up as vegetables if by any chance they survive the accident.
Ive been an accident victim twice and I cant help but marvel at the kind of help attention l received from passersby. Infact, a motorist took the pains to drop me at home in Isolo (way back then) from Shagamu interchange. Nigerians are real good samaritans

2 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by IYANGBALI: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Just20: hey mister don't quote me unnecessarily ok... by the way with your myopic thinking, the governor and the president are they not human beings that have viable relations with people? park well abeg
definitely not with a village girl like you tongue
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
softsparkyy:
Why you dey vex naaa?
um, M nor vexing madam.. I'm only saying!!
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
ITbomb:
In most of this modern cars, you enter, lock the door, wind up, and put on your ac, normally all of these are now control by electronic. In some instances, when the car has an accident, the electronics get jammed (in some instances, the safety belt also lock on you) and the doors and windows cannot be open, unless someone break the glass from outside, there is nothing you inside can do.

Most of these cars were designed to secure the passenger safely till help comes, which in western countries should not be more than 2 minutes. Here in Nigeria, always have it in mind that you may have to break out on your own.

This was what killed the step mother to the first lady on East West Road, where people gathered and just watched people crying inside the car as the flames was too much for anyone to get close and break the glass

@bolded, Keep a hammer under your seat.

RIP to them.

Highway driving is different from driving inside town. The man should have made use of a driver. Visibility errors..
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
IjogzK: Nigerians are wickedddddd. Wickedness is in our blood, we suffer due to our wickedness and that's why God is giving us leaders that are soooo bloody wicked.

There was this particular day in 2007 during the days I was still hustling and entering Danfo's. I was coming back from work that day, very tired when the bus broke down on 3rd Mainland Bridge. Petrol was leaking frm d engine which he fixed. I was still not sure about the bus so I told them that I would rather walk thru the bridge since we already covered 3/4 of the journey. Just as I guessed immediately the guy kicked the engine. Boom there was fire. You wouldn't believe that the driver got down and was begging other cars that was passing for extinguisher. .

No 1 I repeat No 1 stopped. We even joined at Begging. They avoided us like plague. To cut the long story short, the bus got burnt beyond recognition leaving it's skeletal form.

Something that could have been avoided.

I thank God that dere was no casualties. It was as if God sent me to get down. I was the one that opened the door from outside for them

Extinguisher of N500 for the soapy liquid type and N1,000 for the industrial sized dust type.

Lagos, I repeat Lagos is a heartless city. My own experience
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Solowande(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
lrguru: Did the car just start burnin on the road with people inside or when it was parked by the corner? Or was there bomb in the car or did someone lock them up and set the car on fire? Or..... Cos I can't seem to understand how a car can just go up in flames just like that with people inside and they can't even come out. I smell sumthang
PLS try to read post and comments b4 u comment. It's obvious u didn't read b4 commenting.
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by legendglo: 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
R.I.P to the Obi.
But every one of us should learn from other people's mistake!
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
IYANGBALI: I no even sabi use. my own fire extinguisher
lol...no be only you my broda, we no go sabi use am in Jesus' name cheesy
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by specco(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
IjogzK: Nigerians are wickedddddd. Wickedness is in our blood, we suffer due to our wickedness and that's why God is giving us leaders that are soooo bloody wicked.

There was this particular day in 2007 during the days I was still hustling and entering Danfo's. I was coming back from work that day, very tired when the bus broke down on 3rd Mainland Bridge. Petrol was leaking frm d engine which he fixed. I was still not sure about the bus so I told them that I would rather walk thru the bridge since we already covered 3/4 of the journey. Just as I guessed immediately the guy kicked the engine. Boom there was fire. You wouldn't believe that the driver got down and was begging other cars that was passing for extinguisher. .

No 1 I repeat No 1 stopped. We even joined at Begging. They avoided us like plague. To cut the long story short, the bus got burnt beyond recognition leaving it's skeletal form.

Something that could have been avoided.

I thank God that dere was no casualties. It was as if God sent me to get down. I was the one that opened the door from outside for them

I was comming back to lagos last Sunday and as we got to a place after Ore we noticed that other vehicles at our front were parking and comming out hastily and rushing to an accident scene just off the expressway. It happened that a commercial bus fully loaded with passengers on its way to lagos has skidded off the road after some somersaults. People were frantically trying to help rescue the survivors(there were some deaths and splashes of blood everywhere) when I noticed a young man standing by and coolly sipping from a can of Guinness stout in his hands. I thought to myself 'where did he get the appetite. Nigerians are not all that bad, many do care(if fear factor is eliminated) but some can be totally indifferent like that young man.

2 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is a life saving situation and all you could do is to snap pictures? Nigerians we need to wake up, this internet and technology is really taking away the best out of us oh! God bless Nigeria! And R.I.P to Obi Henry....

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ceo003: 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
upon all their juju and jazz . that to show that no one is God.

2 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Just20(f): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
IYANGBALI: definitely not with a village girl like you tongue
Eyaaa kpele you've not served (NYSC) that's why it seems strange to you. I'm a Nigerian and I love my country so when my posting letter was handed to me and I saw issele-uku, I embraced it. Bikooo stop derailing this thread as I've told you before #parkWell

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ibdeals1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
wht a painful way to die embarassed
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by hardbody: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Accidents don't happen, they are caused. Nobody has noted the fact that the deceased was reported to have been driving carelessly. I am certain other vehicles had passed the same spot without ramming the parked truck. I personally drive that stretch all the way from Lagos through to Aba and in at least one instance in a year I go as far as Calabar, so I believe that with concentration and carefulness, you don't only not get into an accident, you manage other careless drivers on the road. I sympathize with the bereaved, as for the deceased, too bad.

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Bigsolo88: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ladystewie: fire service ko
i hope no one was in the car
in ur vilage, cars drove theirselves

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by mbulela: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
cirmuell: i think it's trust issue, people get robbed tryna help....especially that particular spot. That one is just sad though
Exactly. People have even left their broken down cars and ran for safety on that bridge.
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Queendo: Very soon ppl wil start to blame their polotical opponents or worst stil GEJ. Well may d souls of d departed rest in Peace, if they've worked for it.

political** grin grin
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ibedun: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Igbos!
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Just20: Eyaaa kpele you've not served (NYSC) that's why it seems strange to you. I'm a Nigeria and I love my country so when my posting letter was handed to me and I saw issele-uku, I embraced it. Bikooo stop derailing this thread as I've told you before #parkWell

Nigerian** grin grin
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by donnaira(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
r.i.p to the obi.
isselukwus may God grant u all the fortitude to bear ur loss.....
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
bestman09: omg

Oh my God** grin grin
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Mintayo(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Death by fire and water? I hate those two! May their souls rest in peace!
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG! What a painful way to exit d world cry...

RIP to d dead....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Is This Car Worth? (Photos) / *****2009 Toyota Corolla***zero Reported Accident**time Left: 2d 23h 52min / Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.