Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military (22511 Views)

Fayose’s Lawmakers Flee Ekiti State To Avoid Arrest By Police-Adewunmi / Kayode-Are Under House Arrest By EFCC / Exposed At Last: President Jonathan Behind Boko Haram Insurgency - Labaran Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by ayukdaboss(m): 6:02am On Aug 10, 2014
Punch News – Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of being behind his ordeal in the hands of the masked security agents who arrested him on Friday, in Osogbo, Osun State.

The APC spokesman described his arrest by the security men as an act of illegality and intolerance by the Jonathan administration. He claimed he was arrested because he was a member of the opposition party.

“Our party, the APC, has no doubt whatsoever that the depravity being exhibited under President Jonathan’s watch, in the name of politics, has his imprimatur. We have no doubt that elections, which should be a celebration of democracy, have now been turned to war because of the desperation of President Jonathan to win re-election at all costs,” he said.

In a statement issued and signed by him in Osogbo on Saturday, shortly after he was released, Mohammed said he was arrested along with Mr. Sunday Dare, the media aide to the APC chieftain, Bola Tinubu, and the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Ogun State governor, Mr. Afolabi Salisu.

Narrating his ordeal, he said, ‘’We were being driven to the Government House when we were stopped at a military checkpoint by men in military and DSS uniforms, all hooded and armed to the teeth with AK-47 assault rifles, pistols and other weapons. Since there was no curfew in Osun State and people were moving around freely, we felt it was a routine check.

“Suddenly, the men, some of them apparently drunk, ordered us out of the car, took our phones, pointed their assault rifles at our heads and said “you are under arrest”. They herded us into their bus like animals and drove away. There is no doubt that they knew who we are because I introduced myself.”

According to the APC spokesman, the securitymen also had in their ranks ex-militants and thugs dressed in military and state security service uniforms, also alleging that his driver was beaten and robbed by the agents.

“We, Lai Mohammed, Sunday Dare and Afolabi Salisu are just fortunate to be alive. The guns pointed at our heads by drunken armed men could have gone off. Since our arrest took place in the dark, we could have been driven to an unknown destination and shot dead. This is a dangerous time for Nigeria and her democracy.

Mohammed chastised Jonathan for the heavy deployment of security operatives during the Osun governorship election and urged Nigerians to protest against the action.

He said, “Again, we call on President Jonathan to stop deceiving the world. In one breath, this President says he is committed to credible elections and that his political ambition is not worth the life of any Nigerian. In another, he sanctions state-sponsored harassment, intimidation and even killing of ordinary Nigerians by security forces that are now the enforcement arm of the ruling party, all in the name of politics.

“He desecrates national institutions by willfully using them against the opposition. This is not the democracy that many of our compatriots fought and died for. This is not the Nigeria that was envisaged by our past heroes. It is time for all concerned to step in and stop President Jonathan before he brings the country crashing down on our heads.”

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room which is a coalition of 70 civil society groups which monitored the Osun State governorship election has asked security agents to investigate the alleged arrest of some leaders of the All Progressives Congress.

This is contained in the preliminary report issued by the group and made available to our correspondent by one of its coordinators, Mr. Clement Nwankwo.

The group commended the people of the state for trooping out to exercise their franchise.

The report read, “We commend the people of Osun State for their turnout and the peaceful and orderly manner with which they have conducted themselves thus far.

“We recognise that in majority of the polling stations, materials arrived on time, accreditation started in good time and election officials have carried themselves professionally.

“We have received allegations and counter allegations of arrests and intimidation. We wish to call on all the relevant government agencies in particular the Inter Agency Task Team on Security to please investigate and inform the public on the truth behind these allegations. This needs to be done urgently to ensure that we maintain the public faith in the process.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-behind-my-arrest-by-military-lai-mohammed

9 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by ugoezeik(m): 6:05am On Aug 10, 2014
u need to b arrested old man because u don talk too Much! Imagine a man talking lik dis, i wonder hw u go de compete wit ur wife at home wen talking mode activate

46 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by freshness2020: 6:06am On Aug 10, 2014
When will you start to take responsibility of Ūя̲̅ own woes, Lie Mohammed!
Maybe Jonathan will soon be the reason of Ūя̲̅ wife not feeding ♈όϋ well.. ♈όϋ better go get a life old man!

28 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by jayseehe(m): 6:17am On Aug 10, 2014
politics sha, but what does the President stand to gain from your arrest

26 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 10, 2014
oga o...but dis man dey talk.

Learn How to Invest at profitng and earn 50% profit every 20days... www.profitng.com

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by vikel2104: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2014
The APC is always feeling persecuted. You won't win the people's hearts by feeling paranoid and throwing tantrums. It is not good for your party image. *speaking on general terms*

14 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Smone(m): 6:20am On Aug 10, 2014
y must these politicians always make nuisance? Is it already written or wat? Destiny?

@ Lai Mohammed... u talk too much, should av summarized this. Gat many thread to read.

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2014
GEJ will meet his waterloo in 2015.

53 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by IYANGBALI: 6:22am On Aug 10, 2014
ugoezeik: u need to b arrested old man because u don talk too Much! Imagine a man talking lik dis, i wonder hw u go de compete wit ur wife at home wen talking mode activate
with fooools like you,Nigeria is doomed

96 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by SurePresident: 6:22am On Aug 10, 2014
That's bad!
Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by PassingShot(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2014
PDP loyalists and sympathizers are pathetic. You now insult and condemn the man instead of addressing the grave issue at hand.

Answer these questions:

1. Was Lai whisked away by masked military men or not?
2. Did GEJ/PDP arrest many APC leaders on the eve of the election and on election day or not?
3. Was sending the huge number of military personnel to Osun not meant to intimidate the voters and rig the election or not?
4. Is PDP playing divisive politics by demonizing APC as Islamic party or not?

There are many sins against the PDP and by the grace of God, their leaders will be held accountable at some point.

105 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by IYANGBALI: 6:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Oguntimmy: oga o...but dis man dey talk.
it his right to talk so shut the fuuuck up and hug a transmitter

36 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by holuwashezy(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2014
before nko?, u planned ur arrest to tarnish Gej image.

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by egift(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Zoologist Goodluck Jonathan is ruling Nigeria with Animal Instincts. Please can someone remind him Nigeria is not a Zoo.

49 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by olapluto(m): 6:24am On Aug 10, 2014
Why use masked men for elections? Armed thugs and militants wearing masks can kill anyone and get away with it..
Anyways I am so proud of my state right now. We remain the ONLY state in the South to reject PDP in all forms. For presidential elections, APC can count on Osun state to deliver.
CAN Osun state can now focus on religious functions after being used by PDP for the last 4 years.
And as for Omisore, I guess its time to go back to Abuja where he came from. Eating corn in all its form did not deceive us.
For Obanikoro, Abduljeleel Adesiyan and other PDP thugs in SW, the people will fight you with their votes. Ekiti is the eye opener we needed to wake us up. Next time, if you bring the whole of Nigerian army to SW to win elections, it will fail.

70 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by yinkarh187(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2014
its too early to read long story I'm goin back to sleep *yawns*
but seriously, wat will boda jona gain from his arrest after all he wasn't assasinated

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by condralbede(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2014
lai Mohammed why do you blame GEJ in every mischievous things that happens around You

Honestly its d right time you stand up and take ur own responsibility by yourself..

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Mentcee(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2014
Lying Moh'd

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by IYANGBALI: 6:26am On Aug 10, 2014
olapluto: Why use masked men for elections? Armed thugs and militants wearing masks can kill anyone and get away with it..
Anyways I am so proud of my state right now. We remain the ONLY state in the South to reject PDP in all forms. For presidential elections, APC can count on Osun state to deliver.
And as for Omisore, I guess its time to go back to Abuja where he came from. Eating corn in all its form did not deceive us.
For Obanikoro, Abduljeleel Adesiyan and other PDP thugs in SW, the people will fight you with their votes. Ekiti is the eye opener we needed to wake us up. Next time, if you bring the whole of Nigerian army to SW to win elections, it will fail.
you have spoken omoluwabi enia

15 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 10, 2014
IYANGBALI: it his right to talk so shut the fuuuck up and hug a transmitter
e never reach fight na... Chill small
Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Ismahill(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2014
PDP with power sha.God go save us one day
Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by LMAyedun(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2014
Liar Mohammed at it again.

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by holyboss: 6:26am On Aug 10, 2014
I woke up early to read updates on Osun state election not this undecided

Abeg dem don announce am?

Boh anyway first page comment tinz grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by IYANGBALI: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2014
condralbede: lai Mohammed why do you blame GEJ in every mischievous things that happens around You

Honestly its d right time you stand up and take ur own responsibility by yourself..
who controls the police,the army and dem dem?you just dey type shiiiiiit blindly without reasoning.

14 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by UpLoyo: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2014
ugoezeik: u need to b arrested old man because u don talk too Much! Imagine a man talking lik dis, i wonder hw u go de compete wit ur wife at home wen talking mode activate

Ediots like you really need to start removing Jonathan's dick from your mouth. Enough already. Do you guys even have any functioning brain cells?

22 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by sohl7(m): 6:28am On Aug 10, 2014
Story
Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by IYANGBALI: 6:28am On Aug 10, 2014
Oguntimmy: e never reach fight na... Chill small
ok I don remove my gloves

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by Swagavillage(m): 6:28am On Aug 10, 2014
ok
Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by IYANGBALI: 6:28am On Aug 10, 2014
UpLoyo:

Ediots like you really need to start removing Jonathan's dick from your mouth. Enough already. Do you guys even have any functioning brain cells?
i tire for dem o

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by BrAkingNews: 6:30am On Aug 10, 2014
These people always trying hard to feel important, blaming GEJ at every opportunity. Ode gbogbo. Maybe he was the one behind you being released too.

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military by UpLoyo: 6:30am On Aug 10, 2014
holuwashezy: before nko?, u planned ur arrest to tarnish Gej image.

Gej has an image? What image? 200 girls are still not accounted for months later; you talking about stup1d image; I'm guessing you meant the image only you have in your head.

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All Igbo Females Are Prostitutes - Nnamdi Kanu / Buhari’s Govt Is Shameless For Talking About 2019 — Junaid Mohammed / APC Lawmakers Allege PDP Plot Against Buhari On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.