Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Aregbesola's Victory Speech - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola's Victory Speech (27267 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Aregbesola’s Victory / Photo: Tinubu, Fashola Celebrating Aregbesola’s Victory / Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by sage2(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
What an ingrate. Not even a word of praise for the electoral officers.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by losak9111(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
Congratulation

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
toluk: .When they win, Its free and fair, when they loose, Its rigging..Bunch of propagandist..
Na there DNA d thing dey .
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by whyman(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
I'm sad by most of the comments I have read from above.

The simple and plain truth is that the election is not free and fair.

Reasons:

1. APC strong party members have to go in hiding because of the fear of their imminent arrest. (Ward 15 Ekerin - osogbo LG, the APC LG rep. (lady) was arrested with the youth leader for no reason on the eve of election).

2. The PDP plan did not work. We were advised by Jonathan and his cohorts not to stay close to the polling booth after the election but people did otherwise even troop out to LG collation centres.

3. If not for monitoring groups and media house, the result would have been changed along the line. people from each unit and ward starts sending individual results to social media for others to know situation of things. Even FFK testified to this in his tweet. He expects another result where PDP would be leading.

4. More security personnel in Osogbo and Ilesha than any other place in Osun State. In fact road blocks in some areas of Ilesha by security personnel while Ile-Ife was less policed. Armed security zoomed to Ife late Friday evening.

5. APC secured a court Injunction to stop illegal harassment and intimidation by security forces and yet they were arrested without any reason.

Upon all these people who are not in Osun State call these free and fair election and praise Jonathan for these.

Those of us in Osun we know what is happening - in 2007 they brought war and panic to us, they use the same security operatives to a harass us.

In 2011, we had a very peaceful election, no single case of harassment or intimidation.

2014, they did the same thing like 2007.

If people can trek form Ayekale - Ota Efun to Isale Osun, from Okefia to Oke Baale and from Iludun to Isale-Aro to cast their vote amid tight security presence shows the determination of our people for good governance. Those who are spewing rubbish can continue.

Osun A Dara!

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Meanwhile, all those wild allegations are coming from a man who has vehemently refused to allow Osun people to elect their local govt chairmen and councillors in the last 3+ years. These guys in APC are just shameless hypocrites.
Could you bliv Apc govern states no they do local government election at all,

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Firefire(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
basty:

You just join and don dey throw knife sebi, if you old na gun you go dey throw

grin
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Firefire(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
sage2: What an ingrate. Not even a word of praise for the electoral officers.

Such is Life! undecided

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by CharliParker: 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
Congrats to U Aregbesola
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by CharliParker: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Good
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Justcash(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
See APC O. LMao. So, they feel that if GEJ wants to "OBASANJORIZE" them, that they will breath? Are you kidding me? See speech o! This governor no even recognize the reforms in INEC. In want GEJ to return MAURICE "KOLANUT" IWU as INEC CHAIRMAN?
These guys need to encourage GEJ to continue the political change that he is instilling. Our forefathers said that the fact that a tall man bowed to a dwarf does not mean that he has become a dwarf. These guys should not make GEJ ANGRY O! Hia!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by moyinoluwabun(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Emessy: What God Has Put Together ...... Man Of The People #no rice needed
but odourless semo needed.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by skimarvel: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Someone should please explain the following
*If the federal government were to be involved in all electoral rigging,will he or even the APC be allowed to stay in office?
*what is it with all those grammer he is spewing? Instead of it to be a speech of appreciation its a speech of blame, was he in his right senses when he wrote and read it?
*FINAL BULLET*
That man better pick one of those his free uniform and go back to school..

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by moyinoluwabun(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ Emessy, na wetin do d magic be dis oooo.

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by vision2050: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lagbaja omo Baba muko muko I salute you not to perform at omisore campaign
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by fyneguy: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
obayaya:

Osun has 1.45 million voters!!! But only 990k voters were eligible to vote yesterday ( Those who were issued permanent voters card)

APC had 394,684 votes, while PDP had 292,747 giving a total of 687431 votes. if I add votes for other smaller candidates and invalid votes.. I'll approximate total votes cast to 700k

700k/990k is around 70%

People felt secured with military men around. They were relatively sure no hoodlum will try to snatch ballot box or cause violence. Hence they trooped out in mass

Are you in Osun state?

The truth is that the over-militarization worked against the PDP. Some people who ordinarily were indifferent to this election saw it as PDP's way of rigging and decided to go and vote.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Mhizjay(f): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
I want Omisore,Aregbesola is too..... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by san316(m): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
obayaya:

I understand how he feels!!! Security clamped down on his party men!!! And that's very wrong especially If those men were clamped down for no just cause.

But discrediting the process and downplaying the voter turnout is not the right thing to do.
So if militarisation is the panacea to electoral fraud, what happens in 2015. How many soldiers will gej hav to deploy to each state? PS: i agree that the military presence was a deterrence against electoral thuggery.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by jaybee(f): 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
toluk: .When they win, Its free and fair, when they loose, Its rigging..Bunch of propagandist..

You did not read Aregbesola's speech. You are probably too lazy to read it.

The man did not mention, or even suggested, the election was free and fair; if you can't read all please read the bolded below.

born2lead01: AUGUST 10,2014
ELECTORAL VICTORY SPEECH BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OSUN, HIS EXCELLENCY, RAUF AREGBESOLA
DEMOCRATIC VICTORY OVER THE TYRANNY OF POWER

After an unnecessarily tense, tortuous and even traumatic process, the Independent National Electoral Commission this morning declared me as the winner of the Osun state governorship election on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC). On behalf of my party, we are delighted to claim victory for our hard work, focus and dedication in this election. I thank the Almighty God for our triumph at the polls, against all odds.

To the good people of State of State goes our unflinching gratitude. We salute your steadfastness, courage, loyalty, commitment and fierce determination to defend your sovereign rights and the integrity of our nascent democracy. You have demonstrated in this election that in a democracy, power truly belongs to the people. I am humbled and honoured by your trust and abiding faith in me and my party. I pledge that your confidence in us shall never be betrayed or taken for granted.

Ordinarily, this should be a moment of joy and celebration consequent upon the hard earned triumph of the people’s will. However, this election shows that democracy is still gravely endangered in Nigeria. We witnessed gross abuse of power and, of due process before, during, and even after the actual voting process. It is so sad and unfortunate that what should be a normal, routine process was maliciously allowed to snowball in to a needless virtual war by the Federal Government and the PDP.

The State of Osun was unduly militarized in an unprecedented manner through criminal intimidation and psychological assault on our people. This election witnessed an abuse of our security agencies and amounted to a corruption of their professional ethics and integrity.
The security agencies were unprofessionally utilized in Osun state to harass, intimidate and oppress the people whose taxes are used to pay their salaries and provide their arms. Hundreds of leaders, supporters, sympathizers and agents of our party were arrested and detained. Also, hundreds of other innocent citizens including women and the aged were harassed, brutalized and traumatized. In spite of this condemnable repression and abuse of human rights, the unflagging spirit of our people triumphed.

Our victory is due to the steadfastness and resolute determination of our people to assert and defend their rights. The PDP obviously did all it could in a most desperate manner to steal the people’s mandate. A critical analysis of the elections shows a trend of general low voter turnout largely because of the atmosphere of deliberate tyranny and fear caused by the excessive militarization of the state. Despite our victory, it is pertinent to condemn and also point out the fact that the number of accredited voters in most local governments was less than half of registered voters. Against this trend, it is curious that the bulk of the PDP candidate’s votes came from only four Local Governments- namely Ife Central, Ife East, Ife North and Ife South. This suggests an inexplicable large turnout in his stronghold which is a curious departure from the general trend of voting across the state.

The outcome of this election, once again, shows the unswerving determination of our people to ensure that democracy triumphs in Nigeria. We have sent a strong signal to all and sundry that no might is powerful enough to thwart the will of the people. This should always strengthen our resolve to ensure that as from now on, every vote must not only be counted but must count in this country. Nobody or party must ever exercise power unreasonably at any level except in accordance with the will of the people to whom sovereignty belongs.

Let me assure the good people of Osun state that I appreciate that this victory is a reward for our hard work and commitment to the welfare of our people. I promise that we shall not rest on our oars but shall be spurred to work even harder with all well meaning people of the State of Osun and the generality of Nigerians to continue to enjoy your trust and support. You can be assured that we will leave no stone unturned in our continued effort to transform Osun into a land of progress, prosperity and peace for all with renewed fervour. I realize that this victory and the challenges we went through is a call to greater service and sustained commitment to our people. I pledge a rededication of myself to the service of our people and the strengthening of democratic values in Osun and Nigeria generally. Our country remains in political bondage and we must set her free.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by obayaya(m): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
san316: So if militarisation is the panacea to electoral fraud, what happens in 2015. How many soldiers will gej hav to deploy to each state? PS: i agree that the military presence was a deterrence against electoral thuggery.

That's the challenge!!! "Militarization" is not a long term solution. Honestly I do not know how they'll manage in 2015. I've given a lot of thought to that. And I must confess, it's going to be difficult.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by jaybee(f): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
Justcash: See APC O. LMao. So, they feel that if GEJ wants to "OBASANJORIZE" them, that they will breath? Are you kidding me? See speech o! This governor no even recognize the reforms in INEC. In want GEJ to return MAURICE "KOLANUT" IWU as INEC CHAIRMAN?
These guys need to encourage GEJ to continue the political change that he is instilling. Our forefathers said that the fact that a tall man bowed to a dwarf does not mean that he has become a dwarf. These guys should not make GEJ ANGRY O! Hia!

SHUT UP MY FRIEND; GEJ AND HIS COHORTS ARE FAILING AT EVERY SLIGHT OPPORTUNITY. ALL HIS ANTICS ARE GLARINGLY BARE. HE IS GOING! GOING!! ........
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by jaybee(f): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
san316: So if militarisation is the panacea to electoral fraud, what happens in 2015. How many soldiers will gej hav to deploy to each state? PS: i agree that the military presence was a deterrence against electoral thuggery.

THE MILITARY WAS SENT THERE TO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE INTIMIDATE THE PEOPLE INTO VOTING PDP, TO BE THE OFFICIAL THUGS, NOT A DETERRENT AGAINST ELECTORAL AS YOU WANT TO TURN IT INTO NOW, AFTER THE PDP FAILED WOEFULLY;AS FOR 2015, THAT IS WHEN THERE EYES WILL CLEAR AND THERE FOLLY WILL STARE AT THEM AND THE WILL SEE THEIR MYOPIC THEY ARE.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by obayaya(m): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
fyneguy:

Are you in Osun state?

The truth is that the over-militarization worked against the PDP. Some people who ordinarily were indifferent to this election saw it as PDP's way of rigging and decided to go and vote.

I'm not in osun sir!!!

You may be right to an extent though but that's not the whole truth. Believe me when I say that many more people would have stayed indoors if there was no assurance of security.

Just one report of violence would've been enough to make a lot of people (especially women and the elderly) shun the election and remain indoors.

Nobody wants to throw away their life so easily

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by veraponpo(m): 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
obayaya:

Which in my opinion isn't necessary!!!

Recent turnout already shows that the so called "militarization" increases voters' turnout!!!

Ekiti was 49% Which was a record high!!! And now Osun is a whooping 70%!!!!

If the militarization increases voter turnout, how on earth is it wrong?

Only if you know what it means for the leaders of a party to be arrested just a day to an election. Jesus said if the Shepherd is arrested ,the sheep will be scattered . When Jesus was arrested all the 12 disciples fled. Now we are not talking of just one or two leaders who were d target but more than hundred leaders of the party.

The intimidation from FG is unnecessary. Let people choose their leaders by choice not force
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by obayaya(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
veraponpo:

Only if you know what it means for the leaders of a party to be arrested just a day to an election. Jesus said if the Shepherd is arrested ,the sheep will be scattered . When Jesus was arrested all the 12 disciples fled. Now we are not talking of just one or two leaders who were d target but more than hundred leaders of the party.

The intimidation from FG is unnecessary. Let people choose their leaders by choice not force

This bros dey quote bible!!!! cheesy

If you see my subsequent posts, you'll see where I stated that the only problem I have with the "militarization" is the alleged clampdown on opposition leaders (for no just cause).

But take away the security, the people will still have to deal with another force (hoodlums and riggers).

Minus this alleged clampdown on the opposition, "militarization" gave the people a greater freedom to exercise their franchise. Unless you can prove otherwise.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by san316(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
obayaya:

That's the challenge!!! "Militarization" is not a long term solution. Honestly I do not know how they'll manage in 2015. I've given a lot of thought to that. And I must confess, it's going to be difficult.

Well, it's indeed goina b a challenge. My theory is: There will be militarisation in state in which APC is perceived to have advantage and security will be loose in PDP strongholds. Everything is politricks in Nigeria.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Emessy: What God Has Put Together ...... Man Of The People #no rice needed

No, Osun peeps prefer fufu.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Justcash(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
jaybee:

SHUT UP MY FRIEND; GEJ AND HIS COHORTS ARE FAILING AT EVERY SLIGHT OPPORTUNITY. ALL HIS ANTICS ARE GLARINGLY BARE. HE IS GOING! GOING!! ........

Hehehehe.....never seen such ingrates. To you, GEJ is weak now because he allowed APC to win sebi? Be careful about what you are asking for.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by 1stUnique(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
solomakindees: Someone should tell Aregbe to stop riding on open vehicles o.
If a masked sniper fires, na die be dat o!
Only the living rules...the dead are buried.
This second term, rule with fear of God o, see how Fashola messed up on LASU fees.
let them try shit with him, u will see d true colour of Baba Kabiru

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by obayaya(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
san316: Well, it's indeed goina b a challenge. My theory is: There will be militarisation in state in which APC is perceived to have advantage and security will be loose in PDP strongholds. Everything is politricks in Nigeria.

Let's hope that isn't the case!!! It is unfortunate that there'll be no election in PDP controlled state before 2015 so we can test this your hypothetical theory.

But then, Adamawa might be a litmus paper to test that on

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Mayouree(m): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
Aregbesola shld not forget to appreciate the diligent work of the Corp members because without dem complying strictly to the rules, PDP wld hav rig the election.
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
#Checks and Balances

Gwamina u haf chop it, u haf chop the election no need pointing fingers...

If u must say anything send ur observation to INEC it will be dully treated!..
Re: Aregbesola's Victory Speech by san316(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
obayaya:

Let's hope that isn't the case!!! It is unfortunate that there'll be no election in PDP controlled state before 2015 so we can test this your hypothetical theory.

But then, Adamawa might be a litmus paper to test that on
actually Adamawa. But it wnt be a perfect sample because of the bh presence n d fact that d leadership is pdp n masses r more apc. So militarization is unavoidabl in any case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afenifere: We Can't Thank Buhari's Government For Ordering Sowore's Release / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos / Saraki's Support Group Campaigning With Aregbesola's Projects In Osun. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.