Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos (27179 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by PetmaxFlame: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the establishment of a seaport in Badagry, Lagos to bring in big vessels into the country.

Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, disclosed this to State House correspondents after the meeting presided by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

He stated that the new port would cost $2.58 billion and would be completed in five years.

Ministers of Transport and Information, Mr Rotimi Amaechi and Mr Lai Mohammed respectively, described the seaport as a viable infrastructure.

The Badagry seaport was said to have been started by the past administration and was abandoned midway.

He said that the approval was consistent with the Federal Government’s macroeconomic policy to emphasise on tax income following a fall in the oil revenue.

http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/08/fec-approves-seaport-for-badagry.html

14 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by aresa: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
And the ugu liars still think SWners no get sense with their political strategies and bravery... grin grin

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Tolexander: 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
95% working!

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Lanretoye(m): 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
i wish this is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by samcolee(m): 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
And the will tell the ND keep calm your dev is coming. Sha na only lagos get sea

20 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by DeLaRue: 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
SW aligning with the centre certainly helped in getting a relatively quick approval for this project.

This is Nigeria. Work for your interest with your vote.

During GEJ period, we could only fold our arms & watch as the PDP govt turned a blind eye to Fasola's years of pleading to fix Oshodi - Apapa road.

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by viyon02: 11:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
This is amazing my people will now have a good job

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by menix(m): 11:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
Make them do quick complete am ooo, cous I want dey collect rent as Lekki people dey do...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
DeLaRue:
Aligning with the centre certainly helped in getting a relatively quick approval for this project.

This is Nigeria. Work for your interest with your vote.

During GEJ period, we could only fold our arms & watch as the PDP govt turned a blind eye to Fasola's years of pleading to fix Oshodi - Apapa road.

What is this one sayin?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ajibel(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
I knew with BRF position in the 3 key ministries, Lagos would get lots of favours.

Now Lagos state has or intend to have how many seaports About 4 in total in the next 6 years.

The Lekki deep seaport is already ongoing.

Edited :::

Thanks to naptu2, Lagos is expected to have 7 seaports

1) Apapa Port
2) Tin Can Island Port
3) Lekki Port
4) Badagry Port
5) Ikorodu Port (Lighter Terminal. NPA is working on making it an export port).
6) Ijora Wharf
7) Customs Quay (the original port of Lagos)

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by DeLaRue: 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
yanabasee:

What is this one sayin?

Well, I'm saying that having a lot of SW influence at the federal level probably helped in getting a quick approval for this project.

Contrast this with GEJ regime's frustrating tactics concerning the Lekki Seaport project.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
DeLaRue:

Well, I'm saying that having a lot of SW influence at the federal level probably helped in getting a quick approval for this project.

Contrast this with GEJ regime's frustrating tactics concerning the Lekki Seaport project.

Who told you that the previous regime overlooked the lekki seaport? How much of the NASS "Assessment and Evaluation" do you know?

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Shukuakukobambi: 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
hehehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy

While SW is racking up projects after projects, some OSU are quibbling over appointments. Ask them what they did with all the appointments the ogogoro master poured into their enclave from the unceasing sucking of his balls, they start speaking Indonesian language. They couldn't even mould one block for 2nd Niger bridge from it cheesy

I laugh in success cheesy

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by 9ja4show: 12:00am On Aug 04, 2016
Ajibel:
I knew with BRF position in the 3 key ministries, Lagos would get lots of favours.

Now Lagos state has or intend to have how many seaports About 4 in total in the next 6 years.

The Lekki deep seaport is already ongoing.

shey its not the federal account that they will deduct the money from abi

It will favours nigeria not just lagos

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Shukuakukobambi: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2016
9ja4show:

shey its not the federal account that they will deduct the money from abi

It favors nigeria not just lagos

You're right cool

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by DeLaRue: 12:06am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Who told you that the previous regime overlooked the lekki seaport? How much of the NASS "Assessment and Evaluation" do you know?

You're going round in circles...& I haven't got the time to regurgitate all I know about Lekki Seaport federal govt wahala.

Let's put it this way, the PDP federal govt was not best friend with Lagos State.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 12:10am On Aug 04, 2016
DeLaRue:

You're going round in circles...& I haven't got the time to regurgitate all I know about Lekki Seaport federal govt wahala.

Let's put it this way, the PDP federal govt was not best friend with Lagos State.

Yet....the previous PDP was made up of 70 percent of the westerners!.... Am sure, the problem wasn't from the party but from the people within.. Who felt that lagos had had much more than the neighbouring western states.....

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by fromnigeria(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2016
cheesy
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Shukuakukobambi: 12:13am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

[s]Yet....the previous PDP was made up of 70 percent of the westerners!.... Am sure, the problem wasn't from the party but from the people within.. Who felt that lagos had had much more than the neighbouring western states.....[/s]
Gerrarahia

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4011850_4004457asoldierwithawhippursuingsomebodyusethisgififyouseeauselesspostjpegfaabe749e08592f59893225a6876e150_jpegc87acb7de2d76a8992e7642d98ce3945

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Shukuakukobambi: 12:14am On Aug 04, 2016
DeLaRue:

Stop bothering with that hater. He's one of those praying for nothing to come to the SW so whenever he sees anything positive happening there, he goes into fits of dumbness

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2016

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by gabng(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:
And the ugu liars still think SWers no get sense for with their political strategies and bravery... grin grin

I am from the south south and you are not far from the truth.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 12:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

Stop bothering with that hater. He's one of those praying for nothing to come to the SW so whenever he sees anything positive happening there, he goes into fits of dumbness

Dude, I don't hate....

More so... I don't even see a seaport as a big deal in lagos state... With seaport or not.. Lagos will remain the way it has alwys been....

Again... You SW are lousy toddlers... Your words run faster than u think! Stop talkin and start thinking!

9 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Reminez(m): 12:25am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Dude, I don't hate....

More so... I don't even see a seaport as a big deal in lagos state... With seaport or not.. Lagos will remain the way it has alwys been....

Again... You SW are lousy toddlers... Your words run faster than u think! Stop talkin and start thinking!
Ogbeni , go sell ugu joor

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Shukuakukobambi: 12:26am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Dude, I don't hate....

More so... I don't even see a seaport as a big deal in lagos state... With seaport or not.. Lagos will remain the wait it has alwys been....

How can any sane man say SW dominated PDP govt of GEJ to 70%? How can any rational human say other SW states were responsible for Lagos not getting much from the FG?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by yanabasee(m): 12:28am On Aug 04, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

The problem with you SE is that you don't think at all. You're just lousy and empty cheat beaters!!

How can any sane man say SW dominated PDP govt of GEJ to 70%? How can any rational human say other SW states were responsible for Lagos not getting much from the FG?

What kind of idiocy is that?

What do you lousy things know about politics?....

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Shukuakukobambi: 12:29am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

What do you lousy things know about politics?....

What do you empty things know about common sense?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 04, 2016
The Biafrans will wail again grin yoruba leads, others follow

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions The New Airport Terminal In Abuja (Photos) / “You Are Wrong, You Erred In Law” - Obaseki Fumes At Tribunal Judges / Jonathan, Gowon, Shonekan, Oritsejafor Singing At Presidential Breakfast Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.