Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (854357 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good day everyone, I'm only 30 minutes new on this fine and reputable trend, I have been following your comments, you guys are out of this world, so brilliant. I have a few questions, to be honest, I've no idea about TRV applications or whatsoever, I got on here sometimes ago and saw some useful infos. I applied for TRV on the 4th July 2014 through VFS Lagos, I had a conference based on energy in Alberta invitation letter, I'm also a presenting author (my abstract was accepted) I paid for the conference through paypal, I made a hotel bookings, Lufthansa flight reservation, My marriage certificate, letter from my church since I work in the Church; in the letter from the pastor, they will fund my hotel bookings and furnish me with 750USD since I'm only going for a week, My GTB bank ACC statement running good for 6 months but with =N= 630,000 final balance as at in July. My rent agreement and receipt showing my rent still run through till ending of 2015. cars particulars, wedding pictures, letter of recommendation from my Dean where I graduated from, letter of purpose, and so on. My concern here is that, I made a mistakes on my family information forms due to my hasting up at that point, I filled em up well but sign and dated where i believe I should not have signed and dated, would that be considered as a simple mistake or have I blew my chances. (2) the conference is in Oct, and my application is stretching to the second month, do I just contact them or should I wait more? Thank you as you advice me on this issues ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TeamclicksAir: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

Pls what is the best deal I can get for 4th sept to Toronto. Best I got is klm 356k.. Your response will b appreciated.
You can get KLM on 2nd for 340k. It has 2 stop, one in FRA and second at CDG before arriving Toronto.

For 3rd you get KLM for 338k.2 stop same as above.

While Airfrance has one stop At Amsterdam.

Both are okay since they bypass US.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
einsteino:

Please what school did you get an Msc with a tution that low? mind sharing? 450,000naira is really cheap. mine is 1.2million naira a year for civil engr. pls share

Bros....nah MuN oooo...d programmes dre r relatively Ok....sha....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Merciful Lord, am grateful! Jz landed @ toronto airport. Journey was fine and smooth.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
deehusby60: Good day everyone, I'm only 30 minutes new on this fine and reputable trend, I have been following your comments, you guys are out of this world, so brilliant. I have a few questions, to be honest, I've no idea about TRV applications or whatsoever, I got on here sometimes ago and saw some useful infos. I applied for TRV on the 4th July 2014 through VFS Lagos, I had a conference based on energy in Alberta invitation letter, I'm also a presenting author (my abstract was accepted) I paid for the conference through paypal, I made a hotel bookings, Lufthansa flight reservation, My marriage certificate, letter from my church since I work in the Church; in the letter from the pastor, they will fund my hotel bookings and furnish me with 750USD since I'm only going for a week, My GTB bank ACC statement running good for 6 months but with =N= 630,000 final balance as at in July. My rent agreement and receipt showing my rent still run through till ending of 2015. cars particulars, wedding pictures, letter of recommendation from my Dean where I graduated from, letter of purpose, and so on. My concern here is that, I made a mistakes on my family information forms due to my hasting up at that point, I filled em up well but sign and dated where i believe I should not have signed and dated, would that be considered as a simple mistake or have I blew my chances. (2) the conference is in Oct, and my application is stretching to the second month, do I just contact them or should I wait more? Thank you as you advice me on this issues ....

Wait.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
pyhz: Merciful Lord, am grateful! Jz landed @ toronto airport. Journey was fine and smooth.
To Him be the glory...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sofykay: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
deehusby60: Good day everyone, I'm only 30 minutes new on this fine and reputable trend, I have been following your comments, you guys are out of this world, so brilliant. I have a few questions, to be honest, I've no idea about TRV applications or whatsoever, I got on here sometimes ago and saw some useful infos. I applied for TRV on the 4th July 2014 through VFS Lagos, I had a conference based on energy in Alberta invitation letter, I'm also a presenting author (my abstract was accepted) I paid for the conference through paypal, I made a hotel bookings, Lufthansa flight reservation, My marriage certificate, letter from my church since I work in the Church; in the letter from the pastor, they will fund my hotel bookings and furnish me with 750USD since I'm only going for a week, My GTB bank ACC statement running good for 6 months but with =N= 630,000 final balance as at in July. My rent agreement and receipt showing my rent still run through till ending of 2015. cars particulars, wedding pictures, letter of recommendation from my Dean where I graduated from, letter of purpose, and so on. My concern here is that, I made a mistakes on my family information forms due to my hasting up at that point, I filled em up well but sign and dated where i believe I should not have signed and dated, would that be considered as a simple mistake or have I blew my chances. (2) the conference is in Oct, and my application is stretching to the second month, do I just contact them or should I wait more? Thank you as you advice me on this issues ....
Provide details of your employment even if u are been sponsored cos they gonna wonder how the 630k came abt. As a grown adult u supose to be doing something to make ends meet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
pyhz: Merciful Lord, am grateful! Jz landed @ toronto airport. Journey was fine and smooth.

Welcome to Mapleland! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Amefrica:

Welcome to Mapleland! cheesy

thanks bro, i no won leave airport as i dey njoy the freee wifi grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
pyhz:

thanks bro, i no won leave airport as i dey njoy the freee wifi grin

Make them give you bed nah! grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nabylet:

Yes o, Concordia. I dint get anything below C5 in all my waec n Neco courses. And even in my high school transcript, I got A from Jss1-Ss3

Iwe Iwe iweeee

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
I got some USDs at WemaBank today ...I have account with them tho. The lady was telling me, they wouldn't accept a One-Way ticket, that only a 'return' would be accepted. Na so I begin dey rake for em in Canadian/American accent combined grin grin *too much hollywood* grin grin say I'm on a student visa, and I'm not coming back home anytime soon.

They were just telling me to calm down and they later accepted. They photocopied my e-ticket, visa and int'l passport and I was told to write a letter - they also stamped my data-page
with their stamp/logo.

So if you're looking to buying some USD, you should go to WemaBank - I'm recommending them. The rate is/was NGN163 to USD1

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kicon: 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

...Yes pls. They ll definitely give you a reply. R'membr to quote your passport no and Ref no.. Sorry for d late response. And pls do asap.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lonewolf001: hello guys am planning to do a masters in chemical engineering in canada please wat are the best schools i can apply to that are not too difficult to get into............ i earlier applied to mcmaster and alberta for msc in chem engineerin but was not offered admission even though i met the requirements they sed my application was not competitive enough i wanna apply again......... any sugestions would be great.....

Do you have some work experience in the field? If yes, re-apply and support your application with a statement of purpose stating why you think you are a right candidate for the program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
ifegy:

Re the PGWP question, check with your school or the CIC. Seems since June a one year Master's will get you up to a three year's PGWP, as happened for a kid who just finished their Master's in ON this year and applied for their PGWP in Alberta a few weeks ago.
@ ife, thanks. How and Where exactly on d school site do one as not sure it's stated explicitly on skul's site?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

Hello Bro.. Pls if one takes a flight that is going through the US, do you need a transit visa even if you're not stepping out of the airport? Or it is just the basic requirement when passing through? Thanks

You need a transit visa or a regular visiting visa to board the plane to go to US and besides, whether or not you are going out of the airport, you do all immigration checks as such, you need a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
kjbobo:
Interesting..I backed up a lil and saw that the 'culprit':saxywale had a chat with you. ..he was the one I was referring to. ...lol...yup I finished a set after you guys. ..trust you are good. ..
All the best bro

If you finished set after me then I should have quite a number of people I know in your class since we are same cohort except that you took a five year course. I am good, God has been keeping me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
gentpeace: pls who knows if i can apply for canadian study visa from another country,or will they request that i must come back to apply from Nigeria ?, @ amefrica pls help

You can apply from any other country and I think the major condition is you must have lived in that country for at least 6 months prior to applying.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
skylar2020:

lol. which one is bogan again?
is their food bad?
Bugan na bread na! Lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Amefrica: I got some USDs at WemaBank today ...I have account with them tho. The lady was telling me, they wouldn't accept a One-Way ticket, that only a 'return' would be accepted. Na so I begin dey rake for em in Canadian/American accent combined grin grin *too much hollywood* grin grin say I'm on a student visa, and I'm not coming back home anytime soon.

They were just telling me to calm down and they later accepted. They photocopied my e-ticket, visa and int'l passport and I was told to write a letter - they also stamped my data-page
with their stamp/logo.

So if you're looking to buying some USD, you should go to WemaBank - I'm recommending them. The rate is/was NGN163 to USD1

What do you need USD for? Why spend so much for PTA? It is of no relevance as you need to change it when you land at the airport. Some taxi drivers will collect it for your at a 1:1 rate which I consider cheating. If you have one of the Naira denominated MasterCard, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lonewolf001: ok tanx i'll check them out. ar u studying dere already

you can check University of Ottawa, MUN, University of York, University of Manitoba etc

I think you should forget Mcmaster for now. I wonder why you wanna go there anyways because it is one of the most expensive schools in Canada. I would suggest you look at university of Windsor, Brock university, University of Waterloo and University of Newbrunswick.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
misturchris: Hello nairalanders, those coming to lambton should act fast because houses are going faster than i can type this message. and classes start next week. good to be back here and cannyis a beautiful place. more TRVs for all......
I hope the Lambton boys who behave like god fathers have dropped their dirty attitudes. I just hope you guys wont make life difficult for the new students that are coming in this fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
GboyegaD:

What do you need USD for? Why spend so much for PTA? It is of no relevance as you need to change it when you land at the airport. Some taxi drivers will collect it for your at a 1:1 rate which I consider cheating. If you have one of the Naira denominated MasterCard, you are good to go.

Yes sir, you're right.. I just can't come over with my pocket empty. I will be changing it in a bank not at the airport.. cheesy My friend who changed USD100 got only CAD87 (at the airport), they told him they've removed their charges.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
GboyegaD:

You need a transit visa or a regular visiting visa to board the plane to go to US and besides, whether or not you are going out of the airport, you do all immigration checks as such, you need a visa.

..Thanks bro.. Redirecting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
You can get KLM on 2nd for 340k. It has 2 stop, one in FRA and second at CDG before arriving Toronto.

For 3rd you get KLM for 338k.2 stop same as above.

While Airfrance has one stop At Amsterdam.

Both are okay since they bypass US.

Tanks bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by misturchris(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
demoah:
I hope the Lambton boys who behave like god fathers have dropped their dirty attitudes. I just hope you guys wont make life difficult for the new students that are coming in this fall.

well i dont know where you got your info but i have no idea what you are talking about. I am barely 3weeks old in sarnia and i am speaking based on what i have seen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
@sofykay in my personal letter, i did wrote what i do, i'm a solar energy dealer, i work part time with the nigeria army which my work identity card photocopy is included and i also work in the church. i have a valid malaysia and tanzania unused visas ign my passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
misturchris:

well i dont know where you got your info but i have no idea what you are talking about. I am barely 3weeks old in sarnia and i am speaking based on what i have seen.
Oh nice. You wont understand what I'm saying. The so called god fathers there would understand. Just watch who you relate with.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
@sofykay in my personal letter, i did wrote what i do, i'm a solar energy dealer, i work part time with the nigeria army which my work identity card photocopy is included and i also work in the church. i have a valid malaysia and tanzania unused visas in my passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
thanks bro. i will have to wait and hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sofykay: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=deehusby60]@sofykay in my personal letter, i did wrote what i do, i'm a solar energy dealer, i work part time with the nigeria army which my work identity card photocopy is included and i also work in the church. i have a valid malaysia and tanzania unused visas in my passport.[/quote
If i understnd u well u hv summited already. So lets hope for the best.wish u the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
demoah:
....Hahahaha!!!....Demoah my man....wetin Lambton boys do you ngwanu...gist me biko....You dey Sarnia?....

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.