Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,036 members, 7,953,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (853933 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
GboyegaD:

What do you need USD for? Why spend so much for PTA? It is of no relevance as you need to change it when you land at the airport. Some taxi drivers will collect it for your at a 1:1 rate which I consider cheating. If you have one of the Naira denominated MasterCard, you are good to go.

Exactly u really don't need dollars especially when u are not going to the US. A naira MasterCard will be just fine and the official exchange rate for CAD/NGN pairs
hovers around 145 to 150.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Onyeoma3:

What CGPA did you graduate with?

Though its a determining factor, the best way to easily get an admission into a Research Based Masters is to get a supervisor...and with the supervisor's recommendation, your admission is already 60-70% certain if not more than.

Even if you apply to uOttawa, MUN, uYork or uManitoba without getting a supervisor to recommend you for admission, you might get similar response from the schools.

But the main issue now is how to get a supervisor, which is the biggest challenge in getting admitted for a Research based programme.

Those schools you mentioned can easily give you admission if you apply for Course Based Masters and ur CGPA is high as well...

i have a cgpa of 3.9/5.0 which is a 2.1........... i guess dats y i wasnt admitted to mcmaster and alberta because i dint get a supervisor .......how do i go about getting a supervisor.... when i applied earlier i sent emails to some faculty members but they never replied and it is advisable to get 1 b4 applying to a program to start searching for 1 after applying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
degreat11:

Exactly u really don't need dollars especially when u are not going to the US. A naira MasterCard will be just fine and the official exchange rate for CAD/NGN pairs
Yes, official but banks do rip off, i made a payment some days ago and was charged at the rate of 153.34 while official rate was just 148. Called bank but the dude was very unprofessional, laff at me on fonesad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
ManTiger:
Yes, official but banks do rip off, i made a payment some days ago and was charged at the rate of 153.34 while official rate was just 148. Called bank but the dude was very unprofessional, laff at me on fonesad

sorry men. that's really unprofessional.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
ManTiger:

Let me gues..GTB?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
oh boy jz used my gtb card on an atm machine n i was charged Canadian Dollar @ 160 angry n on top 2 dollars are also charged to the amount i wonna withdraw angry embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nabylet:

Yes o, Concordia. I dint get anything below C5 in all my waec n Neco courses. And even in my high school transcript, I got A from Jss1-Ss3
I hail o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ifegy: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
pampem:
@ ife, thanks. How and Where exactly on d school site do one as not sure it's stated explicitly on skul's site?

You can talk to the international students' office of your school; they might have the info on the changes since June. Or even just give the CIC a call; they're pretty good with answering questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
pyhz: oh boy jz used my gtb card on an atm machine n i was charged Canadian Dollar @ 160 angry n on top 2 dollars are also charged to the amount i wonna withdraw angry embarassed
....N152 on my side...N160 bitibawo....you sure say no be reference number for that transaction u see?? grin... check well bro ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DemiSoneye(f): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Amefrica:

Yes sir, you're right.. I just can't come over with my pocket empty. I will be changing it in a bank not at the airport.. cheesy My friend who changed USD100 got only CAD87 (at the airport), they told him they've removed their charges.
Hi, I sent you a mail. Pls could you reply....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
pyhz: oh boy jz used my gtb card on an atm machine n i was charged Canadian Dollar @ 160 angry n on top 2 dollars are also charged to the amount i wonna withdraw angry embarassed
Note that if you are using a Nigerian Mastercard on any ATM machine in Canny. The canny bank will charge you 2 dollars while the bank back home also collect theirs. GT collects about 420 naira. I use Stanbic IBTC and I was also charged 420 naira. Though there is a a particular bank that won't charge the 2 dollars. Try TD Canada ATM. Only the 420 will be charged and you are good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
ChriGo: ....Hahahaha!!!....Demoah my man....wetin Lambton boys do you ngwanu...gist me biko....You dey Sarnia?....
Chrigo, howdy? I'm not in Sarnia ooo. Some Lambton boys messed up after the last time I visited. There was a particular guy that was insulting my friend for not buying his books. Another started selling the gala sausage that a fresh student brought from Nigeria. They where talking trash about me after I left that I'm too proud because I had two neck chains on. I can keep going on and on. No disrespect to you Chrigo but some guys in your school are just full of crap. That aside, how was your summer? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
DFodio: Note that if you are using a Nigerian Mastercard on any ATM machine in Canny. The canny bank will charge you 2 dollars while the bank back home also collect theirs. GT collects about 420 naira. I use Stanbic IBTC and I was also charged 420 naira. Though there is a a particular bank that won't charge the 2 dollars. Try TD Canada ATM. Only the 420 will be charged and you are good to go.
Even TD charges as well. Just because they don't state it on the machine that you're gonna be charged for the transaction doesn't mean you're not being charged for it. The best ATM to use are the ones from a convenience store because they only charge $1.25. It is better you use such ATM if you're making a withdrawal less than $400. If you're withdrawing up to $900 then TD or any other bank is fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
degreat11:

It ranges around 155 - 160.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Let me gues..GTB?
wow... To have guessed right, definately you've experienced what i experience.

Now i made another over 4k transaction and waiting patiently for their exchange rate...sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
degreat11:

sorry men. that's really unprofessional.
Bro, i was so embittered, imaging a customer calling to show his displeasure about a transaction and a little explanation would have been ok and all of a sudden the idiot burst into laughter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
please, lovely people, i am on the process of scanning and uploading of my documents for study permit but the characters of my documents are not that much visible/clear due to compressing of the files in order to get 4MB as directed by CIC...... secondly is it advisable to submit online without Police clearance. have any one here submitted without police clearance and succeeded........ please your general advise is urgently needed. thanks and bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ManTiger; my oga your advise is needed, please see my first post, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
cman4good: @ManTiger; my oga your advise is needed, please see my first post, thanks
eeeh, Oga for where? I be learner o. As for the police clearance, its not compulsory and i believe CIC will have facility to readjust the shrink docs if not, they would not have recommended reducing the dpi in other to reduce the size of the mb.
Conclusively bro, i believe you have no problem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
[ok thnks...plz can i get d anwers on part 6 here? quote author=tnuola]

Please don't let anyone confuse you. Someone had this same issue and was adviced on what to do. Read the early pages of this part. Your uncle could address his so a to the embassy in a sealed envelope.. Just please read and find those posts the person got a lot of great answers[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
kennycooly: [ok thnks...plz can i get d anwers on part 6 here? quote author=tnuola]

Please don't let anyone confuse you. Someone had this same issue and was adviced on what to do. Read the early pages of this part. Your uncle could address his so a to the embassy in a sealed envelope.. Just please read and find those posts the person got a lot of great answers

Please scan through the last pages of part 5 and early Parr 6 not so sure. Will equally try to check for u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
ok..tnks much , wud rily maje sense if he can send it direct to d embassy coz dat was d oda option he tot of
tnuola:

Please scan through the last pages of part 5 and early Parr 6 not so sure. Will equally try to check for u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
[been tryna scan 2ru...stl cant find.....just wanna know which way to go about it, if he can send all d documents to the embassy himself....quote author=kennycooly]ok..tnks much , wud rily maje sense if he can send it direct to d embassy coz dat was d oda option he tot of [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 11:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
ManTiger:
eeeh, Oga for where? I be learner o. As for the police clearance, its not compulsory and i believe CIC will have facility to readjust the shrink docs if not, they would not have recommended reducing the dpi in other to reduce the size of the mb.
Conclusively bro, i believe you have no problem.
thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
buh if he is to access my account, it seems i gatto download that form for (use of a representative) am i ryt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
kennycooly: buh if he is to access my account, it seems i gatto download that form for (use of a representative) am i ryt?

No u don't.. Just go through paper route have him give you a sealed soa .. There's no way you wont see it if u go through the online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ManTige ;demoah;tnuola;,,,,,,, please i wana know if application for temporary resident visa is required after filling the study permit form,,,,..... if no, can i use the space for temporary resident visa to upload my additional sponsor documents that was't unable to fit in the financial space. please ur advise here oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
kennycooly: ok..tnks much , wud rily maje sense if he can send it direct to d embassy coz dat was d oda option he tot of

Yw.. Tomorrow I'll take my time to find the post where it was discussed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
demoah:
Chrigo, howdy? I'm not in Sarnia ooo. Some Lambton boys messed up after the last time I visited. There was a particular guy that was insulting my friend for not buying his books. Another started selling the gala sausage that a fresh student brought from Nigeria. They where talking trash about me after I left that I'm too proud because I had two neck chains on. I can keep going on and on. No disrespect to you Chrigo but some guys in your school are just full of crap. That aside, how was your summer? smiley
.....Sorry about that my man...shiit happens....no mind dem boys jor...Wear 30 neck chains....na ur life ojare...dem boys dey sell gala for Lambton??...thats a funny joke grin...summer's looking sexy....doing ma long term break till winter...how's work going??...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
cman4good: @ManTige ;demoah;tnuola;,,,,,,, please i wana know if application for temporary resident visa is required after filling the study permit form,,,,..... if no, can i use the space for temporary resident visa to upload my additional sponsor documents that was't unable to fit in the financial space. please ur advise here oooo

I'm sorry I know nothing about the online application but i think you do need to fill the form youre applying for Trv so you need to fill the form. then upload additional documents in the letter of explanation section @Amefrica kindly assist thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by allspark: 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello people. Please i need help. when inviting a spouse is it a visiting visa of less than 6 months and then apply for work permit upon entry or visiting visa for more than 6 months and then apply for workpermit on arrival.
Any one knows? asking for a friend.
thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
allspark: Hello people. Please i need help. when inviting a spouse is it a visiting visa of less than 6 months and then apply for work permit upon entry or visiting visa for more than 6 months and then apply for workpermit on arrival.
Any one knows? asking for a friend.
thanks.
....Anyone of the two is okay....

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.