Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram (34342 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Customs Impounds 3 Trailers In Katsina, Conveying Contraband Goods / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by lizliz: 6:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Am 100% supporting them. Our leaders should do the right things, our soldiers r nt animals that u jt butcher anyhow there r human beings like them(d leaders)

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Otunbakay(m): 6:07am On Aug 11, 2014
If na you nko?
Who would knowingly allow his/her loved once to go on a suicide mission? We all do everything possible to protect them.
Let the ogars at the top lead by example by leading the way into the troubled villages. Enough is enough!
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 11, 2014
yousee: i have always been skeptical of this AK47, especially when i see our armed forces with just one extra magazine taped to the gun....
in my mind, im like "when bullet finish nko" and those BH never even start shooting...

Hey...don't diss the AK. It's a gun that can operate in any weather and any climate ,and is very very effective......and cheap.

The main problem with the war in the NE is that the Boko boys are playing unorthodox. But thankfully,with the deployment of special forces to the area...they should be able to meet Boko at their game.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by searay(m): 6:10am On Aug 11, 2014
It's a pitiable pizza disimay thatu in countury thatu is wellu endowedu withu everly rusourcis sujazz are kiven an AK14 to gu and dies while the microscopic few is sharing the moony and...
Hon Pat over to you
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by kobonaire(m): 6:12am On Aug 11, 2014
Emeca: One wonders what EXACTLY d billions of dollars spent on fighting the insurgency is used for.
very good question .... my estimate:- 80% on our fat thieves .... 20% on our brave military men sent to the battle field.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by mainheart(m): 6:16am On Aug 11, 2014
u need to witness military equipment. Johnathan is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by mainheart(m): 6:19am On Aug 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Hey...don't diss the AK. It's a gun that can operate in any weather and any climate ,and is very very effective......and cheap.

The main problem with the war in the NE is that the Boko boys are playing unorthodox. But thankfully,with the deployment of special forces to the area...they should be able to meet Boko at their game.
do u know AA. I laugh u
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Haryoryhemie(f): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Emeca: One wonders what EXACTLY d billions of dollars spent on fighting the insurgency is used for.

D billions of dollars is actually used to fund and sponsor insurgency while our soldiers are left to untimely death. Image insurgents having better weapons than d soldiers, they even knw how and when d soldiers will attack......... I see a Trojan Horse!
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Cyberbaze(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2014
hardbody: Just sad. Why murder these patriotic men? I am just tired of this rubbish, why don't they even resign en masse and let BH overrun the North once and for all times so that they can have the north of their dream.
You are an imbe.cile, North are the leaders of Nigeria and if Boko Haram takes over North then be prepared to be ruled by Boko haram. Besides, if they can win and seize North, seizing South will be a piece of cake to them. Am from South East though, speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by san316(m): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2014
wheesin: first lemme laugh at the post on top of my head cheesy secondly saharareporters cooked up this story
chilax man. This was not cooked up. Don't u c pics? Btw, i stay in d barracks and soldiers sent to borno either apply for discharge or they desert. Many soldiers are missing and many are dead. I m jst lucky my dad doesn't go 4 field ops.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Horlawoomey(m): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2014
The FG is not ready to fight this insurgency and I wonder what is stopping them to monitor how fund is being used to purchase all the necessary arms. . No wonder Camerounian soldiers do have upper hand over Boko Haram, they are better equipped with better and modern amunition.... Imagine sending a whole person with family to a war front with only 3 catridges for his rusty AK47 in the year 2014.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by popson1st: 7:03am On Aug 11, 2014
Our leaders playing politics with our lives.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Chibokgame: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Good development for them,
please O ,
They should also block the boko haram boys from entering into their barracks to attack them .
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by omenka(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2014
2015 agenda, simple as that!!

Not a dime of all that colossal amount of monies actually goes into the purposes for which it is intended, yet the president want the NASS to approve a loan of $1bill without giving account of what the monies that were previously appropriated achieved!

I weep for my country!!
What aa terrible leadership we have on our hands.

3 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by davidif: 7:05am On Aug 11, 2014
nnamdibig:
The reaction came after nearly 60 soldiers killed in Gwoza and Damboa- both in Borno State- were given a mass burial at the Maimalari Barracks Maiduguri.

WHAT?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Vicotex(m): 7:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Ebola T-shirts now avialable at www.naijaclux.ml
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 11, 2014
is that soooo!!!
now i know why govt is begging people to come and join d army, so that they will go and die. chei my beloved country.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by BetaThings: 7:08am On Aug 11, 2014
Fighting elections
Arranging impeachments
Setting up task forces to intimidate opposition - NSDC now carry guns. DSS used to be invisible but are now carrying guns openly during elections. Go to Lagos toll gate and see another task force : the dark-shirted boys and girls waiting to go into action for 2015

But the men doing the real fighting are starved
Gov Shettima alerted us - they said it was unpatriotic propaganda by APC
Any sane man knows that there was urgency when 59 boys were killed in Burni Yadi. Jonathan did not ask for his $1billion
About 4months ago when 200+ girls were abducted, it was urgent but Jonathan did not ask for anything

After impeaching one governor he wants $1b URGENTLY
Why? He has seen a breakthrough strategy in fighting opposition governors

6 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Cyberbaze(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

we are talking about better equipment and you are talking about cheap equipment.
If Boko can buy a better equipment, why can't Govt of the so called giant of Africa with the highest Economy and Oil as source of income buy it for our soldiers to tackle insurgency? Are you mad?
Look at Isreal, well equipped to tackle Hamas.. And you are telling me AK419...don't tell me nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by jamd: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2014
hardbody: Just sad. Why murder these patriotic men? I am just tired of this rubbish, why don't they even resign en masse and let BH overrun the North once and for all times so that they can have the north of their dream.
and u think u will be save in the south, why do u think america are fighting in iraq? Alway reason beyound ur enclve

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 11, 2014
YoursGEJ:

You are a useless human being who is not even worth the space you're occupying. We are talking about people's loved ones here and you are asking them to go and die in the name of oath while your pot-bellied generals continue to loot money and buy choice properties in Abuja and to buy their kids bentleys and fly them abroad. Did you even consider the concerns of those women and children or do you not just care? If their breadwinners die while fighting without equipment, will you take care of their families? God will judge you

there bride winners made the choice to join the army. situation on ground is pathetic but our boys can't afford to stay away from the war
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2014
arewarepublic:

You mean an oath to die for a country not worth dying for? angry
. For us Dying for Nigerians to have safe homeland is our obligation,,No retreat No surrender
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Cyberbaze: we are talking about better equipment and you are talking about cheap equipment.
If Boko can buy a better equipment, why can't Govt of the so called giant of Africa with the highest Economy and Oil as source of income buy it for our soldiers to tackle insurgency? Are you mad?
Look at Isreal, well equipped to tackle Hamas.. And you are telling me AK419...don't tell me nonsense.

I still stand by my comment....the AK is the best rifle that you can get at a low price.

After all.,the Vietnamese drove out the USA from Vietnam in the70's with AK's.!

What is needed in the NE is a change in tactics.

Of course they also need new weapons.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 11, 2014
I makes one ponder how a system of government with over-enough resources, territory, population (manpower) & financial availability could not tackle & obliterate thiS terror group (if it isn't coming from within).The worlds biggest arms deal (US & Saudi Arabis) was worth $60 billion, these are highly sophisticated weapons systems such as the multiple launch rocket system (MLRS), upgraded F-15 & F-16 fighter jets, upgraded M1-Abrams Tanks, newly developed drone systems & loads of other military hardware most of which will be paid for by crude oil. In our government every now & then we make over $20billion from crude oil excesses & this cash dissappears into a few hands (they claim the funds were used for maintenance of a facility that was built to last 100 years). The Saudi military being able to use this equipment underwent proper training (just like the Israelis) Saudi has a population of roughly 29 million people, whenever I get on my knees to pray & weep for my country of roughly 180million people I ask God why can't this country just change I pray for every single person & soldier that have lost their lives & loved ones in this dirty political war, I also thank GOD that we are not faced with an enemy such as ISIS of Iraq, I also pray that God should take away & destroy the causes of Nigerias problems (whoever they are). I also support the women & children locking the gates so their husbands & fathers don't go & get their asses shot-up & killed like fowls!

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by simpleseyi: 7:33am On Aug 11, 2014

The billions have been shared by Jona-daft and his light skinned bedmates namely Princess Stealer Oduah, Deizaini Allison-Madueke, world bank fraudster called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwella, Aruna Oteh, Kema Chikwe, Bianca Ojukwu, e.t.c so that 2015 election can be smooth.

4 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 11, 2014
@Cyberbaze@bushdoc9919: gentle men Ak47 gets the job done within 300m,its rugged and good to go. But we need better fire power like the MTAR or its sister the TAR. Even the AK 74 is much lighter 1kg than d 47.DSS,Navy sbs and AirforceQRF use these guns. The war is not abt the guns but the political will to end it

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by eaglechild: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2014
If the locals are not ready to rat out the terrorists amongst them then Boko Haram will continue.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by prophetone(m): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2014
Everywhere you turn, all you see are the red flags of corruption in this government. Over a trillion naira has been allocated to defence and they are seeking another billion dollars to add yet there is no evidence that the funds are being spent by the military.

Why? Because all the money has gone into the campaign fund for 2015, along with the looted $20b. That's the only logical explanation to the disappearance of these funds(except if they're being used to finance BH itself). How any sane human being can refuse to protest this government is beyond me in the face of gross incompetence, wanton looting and institutionalized corruption.

Now the men are agreeing with their women to defy the orders of the commander-in-thief...is that not a shame?

6 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by jerryjere(m): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2014
have u given d billions dollars out nonsense
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by jerryjere(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2014
arewarepublic:

You mean an oath to die for a country not worth dying for? angry
den y did u join d force
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by aduboy(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:
I still stand by my comment....the AK is the best rifle that you can get at a low price.
After all.,the Vietnamese drove out the USA from Vietnam in the70's with AK's.!
What is needed in the NE is a change in tactics.
Of course they also need new weapons.
Nobody is saying AK is bad but in combat the AK 47 cannot match the AA because of there various effective killing range. While the AK is about 300 meters, the AA is 2.5 km. The best comparison is like using stone throwing to fight someone armed with the AK 47. Another problem is the use of night vision goggles by the enemy whereas our troops don't. I also agree to an extent on the change of tactics but the problem here is civilian casualties and collateral damage whereby air and artillery bombardment are used to soften the ground before the ground forces move in. Sincerely our officers and men are sacrificing so much in this battle and there are also minor incidences of sabotage by some of their sympathizers amongst our troops.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by huptin(m): 7:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Now i have serious doubt about the competence of the present chief of Army staff, Things were not so bad during the time of Ihejirika. I dont know why GEJ appointed him in the first instance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RIVERS ELECTION: TRIBUNAL DISGRACED DAWARI, ODILI …Declares PDP winner / Ambode Orders Invasion Of Funmi Tejuoso's Residence By Policemen (Video) / Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.