Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp (923 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by biz2get(m): 1:57am On Aug 11, 2014
The 75 year old Spanish priest who was infected with the Ebola virus in Liberia is being treated with the new experimental drug, Zmapp, which was used to treat two US missionary doctors infected with the virus.

[img]http://eafrica.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/05dbEbola-Pajares_2998843c.jpg[/img]

The Spanish government claimed yesterday that the drug was imported from Geneva and doctors have begun to administer it on Fr. Miguel Pajares at Madrid’s La Paz-Carlos III hospital where he is in isolation.

The first person to be treated with the serum, Dr. Kent Brantly, saw his condition improve after being given Zmapp.

Since his treatment began, Fr. Pajares is said to be in stable condition, no longer has fever, and hasn’t any hemorrhaging. Doctors believe that his condition will greatly improve in the coming days.

So erm, when is Africa going to get this drug?

http://eafrica.xyz/spanish-priest-with-ebola-treated-with-experimental-serum-zmapp-photo/
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by Sylverbox(m): 2:07am On Aug 11, 2014
ItS very unlikely the drug makes it to wesdt Africa where the lab animals are Kept.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by biz2get(m): 2:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Sylverbox: ItS very unlikely the drug makes it to wesdt Africa where the lab animals are Kept.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by 1stola: 3:48am On Aug 11, 2014
As a Laboratory Technologist, I am still willing to help... I have written to many top government health agencies through their website and still waiting on their response.
I will really love to work with anyone or group working on any medication for preventions or cure of the diseases or to help take care of Ebola patients.
I wouldn't mind to travel to any African country where the disease has killed lots of people.
This is not a public stunt! I just want to contribute my quarter in order to curtail this 'epidermic'
#Somebody just have to do something before this thing gets out of hands
I'm currently working in a private research laboratory and, I'll just love to volunteer.
Should anyone here have any information or link, please help!

my link

https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-ebola

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by Mrval20(m): 4:51am On Aug 11, 2014
I guess the efficacy of this "secret serum" is doomed to drop if used on a black man. All the people dying in Liberia and neighbouring African countries don't deserve the drug. Okay.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by phreakabit(m): 5:20am On Aug 11, 2014
Not too "premature" to use on d White man I guess. Laughing at those Africans dat celebrated Obama's election into presidency.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by phreakabit(m): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2014
Why isn't this on front page?
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by red101(f): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2014
phreakabit: Not too "premature" to use on d White man I guess. Laughing at those Africans dat celebrated Obama's election into presidency.

Obama did the right thing. There are some risk involved with the drug and if anything happens, we will be quick to point fingers and blame USA for using us as 'guinea pigs' etc. It has happened before so they don't want to risk it again. Besides, there is a short supply of the drug so it's probably going to be used for the lives that matter to US the most ie US citizens.

Also, there is actually good chance that Dr. Brantley was cured through blood transfusion from a 14 yr old Ebola survivor rather than with Zmapp.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1025435/pg1
This was the earlier report before the story changed. unless they treated him again with Zmapp later on after the transfusion.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by Buchukwu: 9:36am On Aug 11, 2014
All i have to say is , Nawa oo
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by Toyolad(m): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
This is wickedness and hatred for africans.
I'm beginning to believe this conspiracy theorem
about america inventing this deadly virus.

anyway,let all naija ladies adopt the HIJAB and
ALMAJIRI style and all guys shld adopt the
LAGBAJA style..my two centsy
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Treated With Experimental Serum, Zmapp by Amhappy(f): 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Well this is not fair at all. If Spain can get it,why not others.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Gone Crazy After Taking Too Much Alcohol? Narrate Your Craziest Experience! / 3 Easy And Simple Ways To Keep Your Stomach Flat No Matter What You Eat / Health/ Medical Practitioners I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.