Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,532 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital (28642 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by jmoore(m): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2014
Just in>> Spanish missionary infected with ebola dies in Spain.

Source>> BBC Tv

Another source below

MADRID (AP) — A spokeswoman for a Madrid hospital says a Spanish missionary
priest who was evacuated from Liberia last week after testing positive for Ebola has
died.
The spokeswoman said Miguel Pajares, 75, died Tuesday at Carlos III Hospital,
where he was being treated.
Spain's Health Ministry said Monday it had obtained a course of the U.S.-made
experimental drug ZMapp over the weekend to treat the priest. The Madrid hospital
on Tuesday would not confirm that he had been treated with the drug, but his order
said earlier he would be.
The hospital official spoke on condition of anonymity because the hospital's rules
prevent staff from being identified.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/12/priest-ebola-dies/13939545/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 12, 2014
Silly Americans. Your drug came in too late. RIP. Died in the work for Christ. Heaven awaits you.

75 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by BlackPeni5: 10:40am On Aug 12, 2014
Strong thing...But i want to believe Nigerians are naturally strong. By the grace of God, we'll only have one fatality.

8 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by hushmail: 10:54am On Aug 12, 2014
truly find it difficult to believe

sure it was due to negligence

wt all d advancement n medical

equip d priest still die

thank God naija cases don dey recover

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by coldsummer: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2014
why have the americans that are also on this test drug not died? hope what they are sending out of the states are the real thing? otherwise this battle is far from over o

RIP

10 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by henchamb(m): 11:08am On Aug 12, 2014
upon all the zmapp wey obama use do shakara. could it be that America gave out the wrong one. Liberia beware
RIP sir.

7 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by DONMAYOR19(m): 11:08am On Aug 12, 2014
Two American got the virus, they were treated with the same experimental drugs and things are getting better, but the same drugs couldn't save the spanish priest. Ok no problem.

5 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by NaMe4: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Well from my understanding of this disease, there have to be key therapeutic steps to be put in place early enough before complications set in.

I don't think ZMAPP would directly attack and kill the virus by the way.

Our government has to welcome our experts in science and the medical field in particular for us to develop our own solution by making easily accessible portals for interested individuals to volunteer vital expertise, skills and even man-power in defeating this menace. Not by announcing formation of some committee and nothing more heard since then.

A commendable job has been done in enlightening the public about the infection/disease with preventive measures.

How about inviting experts and volunteers ready to tackle it head-on?

28 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Alishachris: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2014
so Zmapp is not really a cure? wahala dey!
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Eldavido1: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Enough wahala dey o..!!!
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by eaglechild: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2014
That is a sad development.

The man was 75 years, he has also allegedly been receiving ZMapp, there is a possibility that his age and immune status could have played a role here.

I will still commend our struggle here in Nigeria to keep the infected cases alive.

28 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by MizMyColi(f): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Omase oo angry

#Sad
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Really saddening to read.

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Ddonoflife(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2014
eeya rip priest god loves u more

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Tucees(f): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2014
Ebola take it easy nah! We know what you are capable of no need to keep flexing your muscles at us humans! Go back and remain dormant in bats and monkeys na Chineke name I take beg you o! For my office na so I dey screen my customers of high temperature before them enter and its becoming burdensome (though effective so far) but I don tayaaaaaaaaa!!!sad sad sad rest in peace sir.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by jnrbayano(m): 11:58am On Aug 12, 2014
This Ebola has benched Aids and Cancer

Horrible disease!

4 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2014
They should give him Bitter Kola cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

God Bless Africa grin grin
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by epospiky(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2014
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen!

13 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Iceking1(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Wahala dey ooo, wahala dey ooo, i dey see danger, danger a, he don red ooo mama he don red ooo, na nw beta fear won real enter pple body naaa e red well, so d ZMAPP nor der guarantee say na all life he go save, oya APC supporters of APC blame GEJ for the spanish priest death

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by QMark: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Sad

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by regulated(f): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
So sad, RIP. angry

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chai, that ZMAPP thin is so overrated... Abi na the China own dem give am?

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by sirjohnson(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Meanwhile here in Nigeria, a pregnant woman just tested positive to Ebola. Read it here: www.kn9eg1wz5mi
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by 4reigningqueen: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP baba.
Say me well to mko,fela,lukuluku,funmi martins,abacha,bola ige,yar adua,funsho williams,margeret thachter,2pac,biggie,alhaji agba,
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
R.I.P sir, it might also due to the old age. At least he was an achiever by helping alot of victims at that age.
May his soul rest in peace.....

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by livinbygrace: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
American wants to control the world by all means .They have the cure for their citizens but none for others .My People this is scientific slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by EbolaParasite: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Two American got the virus, they were treated with the same experimental drugs and things are getting better, but the same drugs couldn't save the spanish priest. Ok no problem.

Did you notice the part that says he was 75?

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ah,he don reach Europe ni?
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by redcliff: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
livinbygrace: American wants to control the world by all means .They have the cure for their citizens but none for others .My People this is scientific slavery.

Are they the ones that sent you message or did they stop you from being developed? Is it 5 brains an average american has or one jist like YOU

14 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
This is getting serious,maybe with his death,the WHO will hasten up with the cure..me no wan die now,I never enjoy life to the fullest ooo.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ndlife: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
they are not sure if they administer the zmapp

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Domingo1: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
REQUISAT IN PACE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage / Top 10 Health Questions The World Googled In 2017 / Please Help My Mum Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.