Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. (10795 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Clapping For Pastors After Preaching / When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2008
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by sexyLeamon(f): 11:39am On Nov 08, 2008
lol did I upset you?
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by wirinet(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2008
Germaine,

Next time there is a fellowship at your house, and there is a clapping and shouting frenzy, take a look at the faces of the participants, take a hard look at their eyes, what do you see?

I will tell you you see hopelesnes, despair, confusion and insecurity. That is the stage at which we live in the third world, forget all the cars packed outside (for onces that can somehow afford them), for get the smilling faces, you will see past all that.

So you see most people need these physchological boosts, it helps us wake up tomorrow and look towards a new day, it offers us hope, any kind of hope.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2008
@Sexy,

Nope, your post didnt just seem relevant.

@Wirinet,

Yeah, i have looked into their faces, even my parents

it holds those things, sad but true.

Hope, yes theres nothing like hope.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by cyprianjr(m): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2008
I don't have problem with clapping in the church especially for my CHRIST !! and i don't want to ever have one cause i can't even have one even if i tried.

@Gamine,  if you get tried of clapping,it's understandable now cause we are humans. There's nothing bad in resting your hands or feet for a while and then bouncing back to join in the praises.

PRAISE THE LIVING JESUS !!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by ikeyman00(m): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2008
gamine

be fore-warned! i ve told by devil that u shouldnt clap ur hand whenever u step in ur church. u can only clap when u walkin down the street for health reason

ikeyman00 has spoken
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2008
Rotflmao grin grin

Mr Superman, i always know say you no well

wh you no dey speak your first language na
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2008
Gamine clap for Jesus with all your might and strenght.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2008
Eeh

Abeg wey you find might and strength, come give me o
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by arramyjay: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ poster,
If you dont feel like clapping then dont,although alot of people may not understand your reasons,but left to you,dont clap if you dont want to.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Image123(m): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2008
@Gamine and friends
Although there may not appear to be a big deal in clapping of hands but definitely, it is not wrong practice.And it did not start from Africa neither is it only found among blacks.My advice is just that you try to be of one mind with the people you worship with ( I think htat is in the Bible).There's no harm or worldliness in clapping sister.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gaminechic: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2008
Yes my Brother,

Thank You
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by chiwaochi: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2008
There is time for everything if you're tied of claping then stop,it doesn't matter what matter's is do you practice what you preach? because most people follow the activity of the church not of God, you can praise and worship God in different way but the matter of fact is that we need to exalt his name and obey his commandement that's the greatest of it all.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by wanitas(f): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2008
clapping's got nothing to do with worship, abeg,
i cant belif som1 actually quoted Heb 13:15- how does d fruit of our lips translate into clapping? lets stop getting into a frenzy and understand wat worship really is,
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2008
lol

Abeg help me tell em o!!

Im so Sick of "Church", i dont even know if i want to be called a Christian anymo. cry cry

Things are just WRONG!

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2008
@Gamine
Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. (KJV)
Just want to encourage you not too be tired or 'sick' of being a child of God.Thats the devil's vision.pls don't give in.You know what,brighten the corner where you are.Be a light
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by teenyyinka(f): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2008
MADAM IF U DEY TIRED TO DEY CLAP 4 CHURCH THERE AR 2 WAYS TO GO ABOUT IT,
1) U FIT DEY GO TO MOSQUE
2) GO TO SOKOTO OR MAIDUGURI OR ANY STATE WEY DEN DEY PRACTICE SHARIA WELL WELL, DEN FIT HELP U CUT AM
grin grin grin grin grin
U DEY MAKE GOD REGRET SAY HE GIVE U HAND SELF angry angry sad sad sad
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2008
LOL

Shattap! grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by tkb417(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2008
Germaine,

Next time there is a fellowship at your house, and there is a clapping and shouting frenzy, take a look at the faces of the participants, take a hard look at their eyes, what do you see?

I will tell you you see hopelesnes, despair, confusion and insecurity. That is the stage at which we live in the third world, forget all the cars packed outside (for onces that can somehow afford them), for get the smilling faces, you will see past all that.

So you see most people need these physchological boosts, it helps us wake up tomorrow and look towards a new day, it offers us hope, any kind of hope

satan flee from the poor gurl grin grin

Gamine
u dont wanna be called a xtian again?
U need deliverance. u have been talking to witches n wizards
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by gentleemmy(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2008
I guess by now you should have taken ur decision from the numerous posts above, on the issue you raised.
The thing is this "it is not compulsory to clap after a ministration" neither is it mandatory to shout or blow whistles when impressed or touched by an activity/prophetic declaration in church. My advice is simply "be yourself" and in fact it is the best position to assume because when you are in church, you are in God's Temple and pretense/hypocrisy is detestable by God.

Or what do you think.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2008
Lol, witches n wizard abi na sorcerer n sorceress Ko!

@gentlemmy, i think you are on point!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by otokx(m): 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
@Gamine
Take it easy sha; there are a lot of people who feel the way you do but are too scared to speak up.  A lot of things in "Churchianity" don't seem to add up and since we mistake it for Christianity we end up with a misplaced aggression. Read your bible and since your online, you can check out some cool christian sites and on sunday when you go to church just relax and be yourself.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 11:12am On Nov 21, 2008
Otokx, yeah, thanks, thats exactly how i intend to continue for now, i used to feel guilty if i didnt "partake" in the ceremonies

Gods guidance is paramount, irreplaceable.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by eldee(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2008
@Gamine
Seriously, I feel your pain
Haba . . . they push it to the extreme sometimes

A well known Pastor one said 'the more you clap, the bigger your testimonies' like it's some mathematical equation or sumn
Like . . . WTF?? C'mon, was he reading a different Bible??

It's so funny, why does sumone have to clap cause a Pastor comes to the pulpit??
It's like a hidden propaganda 'Clap for Jesus while the man of God comes to the pulpit'
C'mon!!!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2008
A well known Pastor one said 'the more you clap, the bigger your testimonies' like it's some mathematical equation or sumn
Like . . . WTF?? C'mon, was he reading a different Bible??
lolol

Everything na formula these days o,

The faster you clap, the louder it sounds, the more blessings you get

The better you dance, the more you sweat, the bigger the blessing you get

Chai!

Clap for Jesus, no that one is too small for me my Jesus

Clap clap Clap clap clap!

Kai!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by donjohano(m): 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2008
@gamine - don't forget to speak in tongues when they tell you! This is also compulsory! grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2008
LOL

i know oh cry cry

grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by kodewrita(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2008
I guess since you are all focusing on clapping as separate from praising God, then its worth saying so. The issue here is do you really want to praise God and do you see any point in praising or worshipping him. Do you derive any personal benefit and pleasure from Christianity or do you consider it "the opium of the depressed". Do you just feel its a state or phase of our evolution or a necessary part of your life?

Please find answers to those before criticizing those pastors. they do what they know best. Its simple. When i am tired in church, I sit down. I praise God because I want to not because I have to. I attend church because I want to not because I have to. I have been away from my parents for long periods of time since I hit 17 and have had the time to try going and not going.

I hope you'll find your way back to Christ. enough said. take care of yourself.

donjohano:

@gamine - don't forget to speak in tongues when they tell you! This is also compulsory! grin

While I appreciate the hypocrisy in some christians, I would advice donjohano not to jeopardise his eternity by making jokes that seem harmless. speaking in tongues is not compulsory, I don't. It will come only as a free gift of the Holy Spirit.

wanita_s:

clapping's got nothing to do with worship, abeg,
i can't belif som1 actually quoted Heb 13:15- how does d fruit of our lips translate into clapping? lets stop getting into a frenzy and understand what worship really is,

Its all about praise idiot. You might as well tell us singing has nothing to do with worship. Its just a form of worship. We are africans and our music mainly relies on percussion. Clapping during worship predates our acceptance of christianity. its a cultural thing but still you praise God , the way you know how.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by mamagee3(f): 2:12am On Nov 18, 2009
What were you doing in the church that you were so tired? undecided
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by alex0026(m): 6:17am On Nov 18, 2009
You seem to be mentally asleep and i feel so sorry for you 'cos you don't understand who you are and the stuff you are made up of and funny enough you have deliberately handed yourself to substandard,lesser human beings than you mentally and that is the reason why you are not happy.

In a nut shell,you need to discover yourself first.That is the beginning of true happiness and i tell you  then you will be responsible for your decisions whether to clap or not.

Finally your existence has got nothing to do with ANYBODY except yourself.Stop bugging your mind with uncertainties and an invincible being as you are made to believe who is responsible for your existence.

The invincible you don't see and will never see,feel,hear,touch,percieve,smell because it doesn't exist.If it exist then you should be able to interact with it with your inbuilt abilities as a human.

You are what you are and nothing can change it except you.

Have a great day.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by modupe01: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
alex0026:

You seem to be mentally asleep and i feel so sorry for you 'cos you don't understand who you are and the stuff you are made up of and funny enough you have deliberately handed yourself to substandard,lesser human beings than you mentally and that is the reason why you are not happy.

In a nut shell,you need to discover yourself first.That is the beginning of true happiness and i tell you  then you will be responsible for your decisions whether to clap or not.

Finally your existence has got nothing to do with ANYBODY except yourself.Stop bugging your mind with uncertainties and an invincible being as you are made to believe who is responsible for your existence.

The invincible you don't see and will never see,feel,hear,touch,percieve,smell because it doesn't exist.If it exist then you should be able to interact with it with your inbuilt abilities as a human.

You are what you are and nothing can change it except you.

Have a great day.

Am I right that you are an atheist?  If so, are you also aware that God doesn't believe in atheists?

1 Like

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
So . . .(yeah i know)

I went to a church yesterday, where they DO NOT clap.
But I realised that I had been so conditioned, I wanted to clap
at every interval.
My friend said she would just tie my hands to the chair.

Funny enough, after the service I met a friend of mine,
who used to attend my ex-church. He said the same thing.

Now, I'm not saying clapping is bad. But if a simple thing like clapping
can become so ingrained in someone's mental process where you don't even think,
you just begin to do. I can't imagine how much more people have been subjected to do, in these so-called churches.
The thought of the extent of conditioning and poisoning is staggering.

May God save us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Chris: Christ In You The Hope Of Glory! / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.