Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (26184 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
sunnyprof: Ajegule and Amikoko is also clean, I can shoe you their pics also.

I think Rjigbo and Ikotun offended the Governor or their Obas/Chiefs chopped the monies for the contracts. one of the two.

LAGOS IS WORKING GENERALLY SHA, compared to other states who only work o state capital (like ikeja only).
yap, i visited ora street and yaya crescent close to wilma bus stop in olodi apapa, it was ok, olodi apapa as a whole is better than ikotun and ejigbo environ.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by monex(m): 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ty207:
This statement is not true i leave in ejigbo too....to me ejigbo can be classify into two..the west and the north...what you are seeing here is northest side of ejigbo(Ori-lowo side) why the western side ailegun,ronik side, burkor side etc....though 80% of the roads are bad but is not as dirty as this....70% of people living here are igbo's.

... and I weep for Nigeria

falsehood, tribalism and a total lack of objectivity in your post

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by gistmelove(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
still available.. call 08085310359

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by misterjosh(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chei, d pple is dat area sef too dirty, dme no dey do environmental? They just use style resemble their local gvt chairman, none of dem wan work.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by acqiusitions042(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
warrior01:

What is this one saying? Can you bring forth this kind of shameless excuse if it's a pdp that is in power in Lagos? What is fashola doing with the IGR that amounts to almost 30billion per month? From ago Okota to ejigbo to ikotun- ijegun etc can you tell me one place that is motor able? FYI, Lagos currently stinks. no wonder, Ebola cases are on the rise here.
my bro I tire for the guy o. Giving excuses left and right but unwilling to listen to the fg's own. To make matters worse the lagidi govt is being run like a secret cult. How else would one explain their refusal to implement the FOI? They are happy to marshal out the amount of money required to improve infrastructure but are afraid of telling us how they have been spending the one they get.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maxkia(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
EJIGBO ROAD IS EVEN FAIR. YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT IJEGUN ROAD LEADING TO IJAGEMO ROAD. WE THE YOUTHS IN THE AREA ARE AWAITING APC TO COME DO ELECTION CAMPAIGN FOR THE FORTHCOMING GENERAL ELECTION. NA ACID WE GO POUR THEM. THEY HAVE THE MANDATE FOR LIKE 16 YEARS NOW, WHAT DID THEY ACHIEVE? FAILURE. THE WHOLE OF IJEGUN AND IJAGEMO ARE EXPERIENCING ERRATIC POWER SUPPLY. THEY SAY IT IS 2 DAYS ON, ONE DAY OFF. EVEN THE 2 DAYS RATIONING SELF, ELECTRICITY HARDLY COME ON. WE AWAIT THEM, HONOURABLE BAMGBETAN AND HIS POLITICAL THUGS UNA GO SHOOT GUN TIRE. ASSHOLES

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by TamzyTamudo: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Seequadry: broz u er jst passing chei....den Wat makes u think d people of ejigbo er celebrating doz fools...I live in ejigbo...I think u help us Photoshop doz pics to look more beautifull small abi...cos d state of ejigbo roads er faar worst dan doz pics...

maybe d people u came to visit er d ones benefiting frm d government
lol no o,I just took my time to help ejigbo people,u won't believe most women that do see me around was laughing at me telling me dats its joblessness that is disturbing me,I was like damn!!!,the level of illiteracy there is alarming yet one of their APC councillor will continue to abuse GEJ while his street has been in darkness for the past 1week due to bad transformer and mind u they even share power supply in the mode of 1day off 1day on in this part of the community,ejigbo is just simply a good example of "Grace to Grass"
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Ishilove: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
TamzyTamudo: In fact the case now is almost all roads in ejigbo presently are bad exception of the newly built Ejigbo-Ajao link road,nnpc road and ifelodun street that connects ejigbo and orisumbare
You should see Orisumbare, especially that street that leads to the back of the airport. I went with a colleauge to go visit an invalid friend. But the time I left that area, I was wondering why I didn't carry along mountain hiking gear. Simply awful sad

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Dexema(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
Abeg oo! We rightly predicted the effects the ejigbo-ajao estate bridge wud have ajao estate and now its coming true,all other alternative routes in the estate were not put in good condition b4 they opened the estate to evrybody,now all our roads are bad with traffic evry evening...not adding dat the so-called LG chairman put a signboard just behind my house praising himself and saying the road would b done in 3 weeks,its almost a year now + he expects the inhabitants of the estate to tax themselves and
Contribute to fixing the road. #arrant nonsense
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by TamzyTamudo: 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Seequadry: broz u er jst passing chei....den Wat makes u think d people of ejigbo er celebrating doz fools...I live in ejigbo...I think u help us Photoshop doz pics to look more beautifull small abi...cos d state of ejigbo roads er faar worst dan doz pics...

maybe d people u came to visit er d ones benefiting frm d government
lol no o,I just took my time to help ejigbo people,u won't believe most women that do see me around was laughing at me telling me that its joblessness that is disturbing me,I was like damn!!!,the level of illiteracy there is alarming yet one of their APC councillor will continue to abuse GEJ while his street has been in darkness for the past 1week due to bad transformer and mind u they even share power supply in the mode of 1day off 1day on in this community,ejigbo is just simply a good example of "Grace to Grass".BRF has really failed to address the need of the common man in lagos state,we are so going to kick Tinubu and his APC demonic party out of this state of excellence come 2015,Fashola,Tinubu APC ur time is up,biding my own farewell to the SLICKs now but I neva believed BRF will fail this much.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
mbulela:
so we should never condemn?

Engage the government.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by TamzyTamudo: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:
You should see Orisumbare, especially that street that leads to the back of the airport. I went with a colleauge to go visit an invalid friend. But the time I left that area, I was wondering why I didn't carry along mountain hiking gear. Simply awful sad
Lol!!! as in en don't just mention orisumbare because the orisumbare people has already given up,erosioon is washing away their top soil there by digging temporary mountains there.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by TamzyTamudo: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
monex:

... and I weep for Nigeria

falsehood, tribalism and a total lack of objectivity in your post
yeah he is making a point,this area I snapped is heavily populated by people from ILU-OKE,the good areas in ejigbo are the Igbo dominated areas.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by anonimi: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
misterjosh: Chei, d pple is dat area sef too dirty, dme no dey do environmental? They just use style resemble their local gvt chairman, none of dem wan work.

And you are too MUMU.
The LGA has the constitutional RESPONSIBILITY for environmental sanitation of common public areas like gutters, roads, parks etc. Please see below:

Immacula8:
According to the CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 1999

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:
(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities
as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;

Source http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

Your MUMUness is one of the CLUELESS legacies of General Muhamadu Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:

Hmmmm...Ishilove which one is @ the bolded again grin grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by rildwanullahi(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
TamzyTamudo: In fact the case now is almost all roads in ejigbo presently are bad exception of the newly built Ejigbo-Ajao link road,nnpc road and ifelodun street that connects ejigbo and orisumbare
shey dem do remove d blockade on ejigbo ajao link road
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Originalsly: 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Poster...why should you talk about how bad the roads are and not show us pictures?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by hakunajay(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Alright, im out of here. No more pics, na gossips remain... tongue
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by 735i(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

Engage the government.

O boy.. if you have nothing to say… you can keep quiet!!! Because you really haven't said anything that makes sense.
There's no need to constitute a nuisance on this thread. Ejigbo is a sad situation right now and you can sit behind your screen and type nonsense because you have access to internet?
The people who live in Surulere and Ikoyi… did they 'engage the government" before their roads were fixed? Do they pay higher tax?
"We should learn to tell the truth in all situations and condemn any wrong in it's entirety"
That is the debt we owe our children; so they can become better people than we are and live better lives
Enough of the B*S!!!
Fashola's 2nd Term is a Disaster!!!

8 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by oduastates: 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
What do you expect?
You want free everything without paying taxes.
You want LASU fee to be N25000 while reserving N1,000,000 for bribing your way towards a degree.
Later,those degrees end up as useful as a piece of tissue paper
Where is the government going to get the money to provide services?
Accepted, the state has usurped some of the powers of the dysfunctional local government .
But even in the absence of corruption,do people feasibly think that the government has the resources to give them free stuffs.
The state makes a budget proposal but typically achieves between 60% - 80% performance .
In Lagos case, this means that he government could not generate between 20% - 40 % of the tax revenues anticipated.
Until that sense of entitlement is totally eradicated, I refuse to criticise the ACN governors.
I keep my criticism away from this blog because,most often than not, the level of discuss can be kindergarten .
While a road may be your priority, the priority for those who focus on the more important stuff(stuffs that make road building possible) of policy making.
For instance,my criticism will be towards the mega city project,unionism,certain proposed projects like the 4th mainland bridge etc.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ademoladeji(m): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Na wa oooo. Wetin make Aboru people come talk? Let's juz hope sey development go reach everywhere one day... Dem no fit do everywhere once.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by redcap: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop: OP thanks for this thread. Fashola's government is concentrating majorly in Ikeja,VI,Lekki and some part of Surulere. APC government has failed Lagos state and some part of the west. A party that is noted for sewing Uniforms for agbero's in Lagos State and causing confusion here and there. What happened in Osun state on saturday was because PDP candidate wasn't credible and the indigenes never wanted him so they voted Aregbesola and not APC because most people are already tired of that party.

I wish people from other areas of Lagos State can as well create threads like this so we can know the rate at which APC government has failed Lagos State. Except PDP doesn't have a credible candidate for the 2015 Election that's when APC will win Lagos state but if not,na osa big time for them. Recently they reversed LASU school fees which to me is their election strategy which will never work for them. We need change in government and that's what will happen come 2015.

Ijesha thread will follow suit,just gimme few days.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by oldenglish: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
oduastates: What do you expect?
You want free everything without paying taxes.
You want LASU fee to be N25000 while reserving N1,000,000 for bribing your way towards a degree.
Later,those degrees end up as useful as a piece of tissue paper
Where is the government going to get the money to provide services?
Accepted, the state has usurped some of the powers of the dysfunctional local government .
But even in the absence of corruption,do people feasibly think that the government has the resources to give them free stuffs.
The state makes a budget proposal but typically achieves between 60% - 80% performance .
In Lagos case, this means that he government could not generate between 20% - 40 % of the tax revenues anticipated.
Until that sense of entitlement is totally eradicated, I refuse to criticise the ACN governors.
I keep my criticism away from this blog because,most often than not, the level of discuss can be kindergarten .
While a road may be your priority, the priority for those who focus on the more important stuff(stuffs that make road building possible) of policy making.
For instance,my criticism will be towards the mega city project,unionism,certain proposed projects like the 4th mainland bridge etc.

really, Fashola increase school fees GOOD, GEJ increase fuel price BAD. Make una fear good ooh.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by fm7070: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Come and see Ayobo-Ishefun Road, it doesn't even seems as if government exist at all
The worst part is that the lagos state government demolished over 1000 houses in 2008 most of who used to contribute towards the grading of the road, since then, the road has become a nightmare. Ayobo environ is bad in terms of road network.
Funny enough, the LCDA chairman was awarded as 'best performing LCDA Chairman in Lagos State'
What an irony!
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
redcap:

Ijesha thread will follow suit,just gimme few days.

Where in Ijesha? Is it the one in Ikate Surulere?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
TamzyTamudo: Lol!!! as in en don't just mention orisumbare because the orisumbare people has already given up,erosioon is washing away their top soil there by digging temporary mountains there.
Lol. Mountains, hills and gullies.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop:

Hmmmm...Ishilove which one is @ the bolded again grin grin
It means 'ill' friend. smiley
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:
It means 'ill' friend. smiley
Ok...but i don't understand the meaning of Ishilove. Can you do justice to that as well
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by redcap: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop:

Where in Ijesha? Is it the one in Ikate Surulere?

Exactly.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
redcap:
Exactly.

Is that area also bad as Ejigbo? Itire part of Ikate had been tarred so am wondering what part of Ijesha that you are referring to. I am also working on creating a thread on Gbagada region as well. I can see APC posters everywhere. Hmmm smh for them all.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by damoskiy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
I have been in this area for over 18yrs and I must confess that the road is extremely bad...but as a stake holder in Ejigbo I have informed the chairman since 2011 and he has refused to do anything.The road leading to his house at Iwa mimo is extremely Bad that's why they where able to kidnap him....I hope he comes back to his senses soonest...
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by seedsower(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chei !

Both the Local govt Chairman and his vice lives in an area where their own street is worse than these. The only things that works perfectly in Ejigbo are as follows; The Omoniles, the Okada catchers(lol) The Okada Police Catchers, plenty state and federal package people claiming to be forces looking for yahoo boys to forcefully obtain money from. Then finally agberos commuters will always say, Iyana Ejigbo no enter o o o o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Gets Apology From CNBC / DSS Set To Release El-zakzaky And Wife / Buhari hosting Outgoing Ministers This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.