Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities (30990 Views)

Military Uncovers Treasure Trove Of BokoHaram Activities, Intelligence (photo) / Independent Surveys Give Jonathan Edge Over Buhari / Give Jonathan Benefit Of Doubt – Abdusalami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by swedbase(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Parasitic Northerners are very annoying to be honest. It is time we give them the Northern Sudan's treatment
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by amunites19(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Most of Southerners are educated but not Logical, how can you be blaming notherners about Bokoharam instead of Sympathining with them, checkout the number of their scholars that Bokoharam killed because they speak, just imaging you live in the north and Bokoharam known your house, your family and still got courage to speak out publically against them. who can afford the money Bokoharam use for weapons, bombs, Logistic, feeding.....? unless if is receiving budget. Terrorism is internationally connected they also source money from bombing of banks, kidnapping.....
How else can northerners be understood? Bokoharam kill them and Southerners blame them.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by maclatunji: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tinnasmile: Can u imagine? Wat stops u 4rm talkin to ur children to stop killing derself n other innocent ppl.

The way you talk to armed robbers and area boys that are "your" children.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by maclatunji: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
amunites19: Most of Southerners are educated but not Logical, how can you be blaming notherners about Bokoharam instead of Sympathining with them, checkout the number of their scholars that Bokoharam killed because they speak, just imaging you live in the north and Bokoharam known your house, your family and still got courage to speak out publically against them. who can afford the money Bokoharam use for weapons, bombs, Logistic, feeding.....? unless if is receiving budget. Terrorism is internationally connected they also source money from bombing of banks, kidnapping.....
How else can northerners be understood? Bokoharam kill them and Southerners blame them.

There is a difference between being "schooled" and being "educated".

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by BolaNewbreez(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
voltron: GEJ has been given an ultimatum to solve a problem they created. hmmm grin
lol problem they all knw about arrangee masters

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by rasputinn(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Those confused old clowns in the so called northern elders forum better look for something worthwhile to spend their time on.
Bunch of confused,helpless fanatical bigots.
You created book haram,GEJ wanted to tackle it head long in 2011,you threatened thunder and brimstone,the guy then chilled and you called him weak.He then went ahead and declared a state of emergency,albeit a partial one,and you cried genocide and called for the head of Ihejirika.Now that GEJ has refused to declare a total state of emergency which will automaticall lead to a suspension of all democratic institutions in the affected states,you guys are asking him to do what.
When the book goons were only bombing churches,why didn't they give GEJ any ultimatum,now that the monster they created has become untamable,dem dey find who dem wan blackmail
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by kernel504(m): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
amunites19: Most of Southerners are educated but not Logical, how can you be blaming notherners about Bokoharam instead of Sympathining with them, checkout the number of their scholars that Bokoharam killed because they speak, just imaging you live in the north and Bokoharam known your house, your family and still got courage to speak out publically against them. who can afford the money Bokoharam use for weapons, bombs, Logistic, feeding.....? unless if is receiving budget. Terrorism is internationally connected they also source money from bombing of banks, kidnapping.....

I have so much respect for you, because of your approach. But then, remember that the failure of the Northern Leaders to enhance their children educationally gave room to religious nuisance, you can't say they are politically marginalized.
Igbos enjoy the least government benefits, Yorubas also have Muslins among them, so what's the problem with this set of "blood thirsty poor fellows"?
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by T9ksy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
What a load of hogwash!!! Not even worth responding to save for the part, below. However i do not see any of this present crop of nothern leaders capable of steering the nation into a successful outcome. And neither is the extant clueless one in aso rock but unfortunately for the rest of us, they both want power in 2015. Herein lies our impasse!!!

Since there can only be one "King" in a "kingdom" then we can expect to see many more innocent nigerians, making an august visit to their maker.

In the event that President Jonathan fails to do this, Nigerians will be left with the only conclusion that he has forfieted his right to ask for our mandate beyond 2015″.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by 9ja4Change(m): 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
kernel504:

You need at least sound secondary school education, because your discretion is highly beclouded.
NOTE: Am not a pro-Jonathan.

Prove me wrong with facts as I did

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by kernel504(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
9ja4Change: Can anyone please provide us with any evidence that the Northerners or any opposition leader etc created the Boko Haram problem? silly nonentities bigots always proving they know all. If Jonathan with all the security apparatus (SSS, Army, police, NIA etc) and as Chief Security officer and C-in-C for than 4yrs still could not prove anybody northener or politician is behind Boko Haram then, we the masses have no option than to make GEJ come out and prove to us that he is not the number one boko haram member!

Wait !!! I didn't say APC as a party is sponsoring terrorism, but the Northern elite. Do you know how many Northern elite that have openly said they will make Nigeria "ungovernable"?
Do you know that if you should use such language in any part of the world that you will be tried for treason?
But then, Jonathan ignored it, just to give peace a chance and that is what North is calling weakness. Don't be deceived the founder of Boko Haram is from Borno state, and so is there followers.
The parents in the North don't deserve any blame, who allow there children to be used, the state government what have they been doing with all their revenues ?
You can't fail an exam and then, the next person to blame will be your father.
NOTE: I don't like Jonathan, but he is far better than the Northerners.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by 9japatroit(m): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Northern idiots at it again!,what bullshit.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by MRAbudant(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
cliffm43: SEE THE BOKO HARAM SPONSORS ARE OUT TO SAY SOMETHING..........LOL........MR PRESIDENT,I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE,JUST RELEASE THE BIAFRA WHICH YOU BELONG AND ALLOW THOSE BLOOD SUCKING DEMONS TO GO WITH THEIR BOKO HARAM...........ALL THE EMIRS AND GOVERNORS IN THE NORTH ARE THE MAJOR SPONSORS OF BOKO HARAM
it beats me hollow to see some individuals commenting out of immense and elephantine dementia, in a bid to announce their doomed existence to the world.
at the bolded, it is very clear that u posted what u were being fed by irreligious bigots who chose to religiously tribalise the challanges of the north to promote and encourange their religion interests so that people wld troop to their churches. Secondly, it might interest you to know that jonathan comes from bayelsa and bayelsa in turn belongs to south south(ss), if you think the south south wld join the south east to secede you must be in a deep reverie, it is high time you woke up to the fact that the vast and ginormous natural resources belong to Nigeria until statutory rights other otherwise that wld never be in favour of south east because. We, south south are also a people.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by parklamson: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
All is conspiracy theories, GEJ is trying to make himself a competent president, so he arranged with this bokoharam to kidnapped the girls for people to put pressure on him then after some month he will bring back the girls and declare for second time, I guess before that October he bring back the girls by first of October he will declared for second time......diaris GodOoooooo
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by amunites19(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
227. maclatunji: Quote Post

There is a difference between being "schooled"

YAH, SOMETHING LIKE THAT
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Malawian(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
i been think say na only ibos dey give ultimatums. so will they fly saudi arabia flags when october ends? undecided undecided
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by amunites19(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
kernel504:

I have so much respect for you, because of your approach. But then, remember that the failure of the Northern Leaders to enhance their children educationally gave room to religious nuisance, you can't say they are politically marginalized.
Igbos enjoy the least government benefits, Yorubas also have Muslins among them, so what's the problem with this set of "blood thirsty poor fellows"?

THANKS, YES THERE IS PROBLEM OF SOME PEOPLE HAVING MANY CHILDREN IN NORTH AND NOT TAKING GOOD CARE OF THEM ESPICIALLY THE IDEA OF ALMAGIRI WHERE BY PARENTS SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO A DIFFERENT TOWN WITHOUT FINANACIAL SUPPORT OR EVEN TO VISIT THEM AT ALL BUT BOKOHARAM JUST START NOT A LONG TIME A GO, ALL OTHER TRIBES HAS CRIMINALS IS NOT ABOUT TRIBE. I THINK IS ABOUT BRAIN WASH PEOPLE USE RELIGION TO DECEIVE OTHERS, AND MAIDUGURI IS BORDER TO OTHER COUNTRIES SO IS EASEIR TO BRING SOMETHING FROM FOREING COUNTRIES.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by 9ja4Change(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
kernel504:

Wait !!! I didn't say APC as a party is sponsoring terrorism, but the Northern elite. Do you know how many Northern elite that have openly said they will make Nigeria "ungovernable"?
Do you know that if you should use such language in any part of the world that you will be tried for treason?
But then, Jonathan ignored it, just to give peace a chance and that is what North is calling weakness. Don't be deceived the founder of Boko Haram is from Borno state, and so is there followers.
The parents in the North don't deserve any blame, who allow there children to be used, the state government what have they been doing with all their revenues ?
You can't fail an exam and then, the next person to blame will be your father.
NOTE: I don't like Jonathan, but he is far better than the Northerners.

Can you make any reference (I mean with hard evidence, either by a reputable news outlet or means and not hearsay) where anybody said he would make GEJ's rule ungovernable? All we hear are just hearsay and rumours that so so person says this and that. Its just an excuse GEJ and his clueless sycophants use for their failures and ineptitude.

I know Boko Haram exist, but the Boko Haram we are witnessing now is not the first Boko Haram of Yusuf, but a political Boko Haram created to cause havoc to a particular section of the Country.

Would you set fire on your house on your OWN house simply because your neighbour happens to be the leader of your Community? It even sounds so ridiculous.

NOTE: I dont like former Presidents, but they are far more better than GEJ..... At least we sleep with two eyes closed during their time
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Izontubo(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
voltron: GEJ has been given an ultimatum to solve a problem they created. hmmm grin

Exactly...these northern leaders are freaking annoying....chei...angry

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by kernel504(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
9ja4Change:

Can you make any reference (I mean with hard evidence, either by a reputable news outlet or means and not hearsay) where anybody said he would make GEJ's rule ungovernable? All we hear are just hearsay and rumours that so so person says this and that. Its just an excuse GEJ and his clueless sycophants use for their failures and ineptitude.

I know Boko Haram exist, but the Boko Haram we are witnessing now is not the first Boko Haram of Yusuf, but a political Boko Haram created to cause havoc to a particular section of the Country.

Would you set fire on your house on your OWN house simply because your neighbour happens to be the leader of your Community? It even sounds so ridiculous.

NOTE: I dont like former Presidents, but they are far more better than GEJ..... At least we sleep with two eyes closed during their time

My brother, the north have always been known for it's "religious insurgency", the ousted governor of Adamawa,Nyako, you remember him shouting that Jonathan was commiting genocide. Infact, he was asked to read it and he did, who is our enemy?
1. Is it Boko Haram or Jonathan?
2. In the face of war against insurgency, can you count-out the possibility of "collateral damage"? I don't like certain things about Jonathan's administration, but he is far fairer than the best Northern administration.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by MrT2011(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Abagworo:

Most poor Northerners I've interacted with believe wholeheartedly that Jonathan is the one funding aliens whom we call "Boko Haram" to come and kill them in order to reduce their population.

I guess Southern views are separate from Northern view. I however believe there is an element of truth in their claim because the arrested BH members have not been given open trial so that we Nigerians could hear from the horse's mouth. They are usually released from the back door like the 6 arrested in Owerri while planting bombs at Winners chapel who were released on flimsy excuses.

You are so fulish and useless!!! grin cheesy
You are a big poo that blocked ya mama's pussssie!!! grin cheesy

Now you are here to shiit us around
What shall we do to you cry

Nairalanders oya over to una undecided
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Iceathome(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
It seems every party involved on d chibok girls and boko haram are tired of the game. Pls let them set d girls free incase if they are still on hostage. My point of view looks like d north elders are tired of hiding d secret of BH to Nigerians and its time to tell us d truth who d real sponsors are.

For ultimatum GEJ, they failed woefully. They want to use it as a political blackmail come 2015. But wait oo, for me I hv not seen any credible contestant for presidency come 2015 apart from GEJ.

Nigerians should allowed GEJ to finish up his transformation in Nigeria politics, anything short of that will disunite before 2020.

We should reason beyoud our nose, Nigeria will never be ONE NIGERIA FOREVER.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Litmus: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Having not read the transcript, looking at this at face-value, could this not be viewed as the Northern Leaders actually giving the army their blessing to go after bokoharam with full force. By this, i mean that before now,some section of Nigeria public opinion were of the conviction that Nigerian army had always gone after Bokoharam halfheartedly for fear of antagonizing Northerners.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Iceathome(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
@above, if we are to say truth to ourselves, northers are dragging us behind based on their policies and political IQ. They have ruled this country more than any region or tribe in Nigeria still they are not okay but they forgot what is called balancing d law of nature which is taking place now.

Nigeria hv come of age to know that British with their selfish interest fooled us by amagalmenting us one entity.

I would hv love GEJ to call all d northner bros for a crucial meeting to update him about d ultimatum.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by tonychristopher: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
kernel504:

Tony my man!!! Where is that Dambaza? Laughing in China

gone to polish some shoes
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by 9ja4Change(m): 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
kernel504:

My brother, the north have always been known for it's "religious insurgency", the ousted governor of Adamawa,Nyako, you remember him shouting that Jonathan was commiting genocide. Infact, he was asked to read it and he did, who is our enemy?
1. Is it Boko Haram or Jonathan?
2. In the face of war against insurgency, can you count-out the possibility of "collateral damage"? I don't like certain things about Jonathan's administration, but he is far fairer than the best Northern administration.

U still ddnt answer my questions. Ur blind ethnic bigotry will never allow u see anytin gud about past leaders.

But I still maintained they are far better than this clueless leadership which promote and grant pardon to criminals, apart from hundreds being killed and massacred daily! Even during Abacha's rule, with all the sanctions imposed on Nigeria, its still not as bad as it is now. Its either u r still a kid or not born when this people ruled. Seems the only rule u can attest to is GEJ's rule.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by PenSniper: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
NORTHERN "elders" CLOWNS.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by PenSniper: 11:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Northern elders CLOWNS. What effontery ! Speaking with double mouth. Lament imaginary 'woes' in their north while at the same time claim to be speaking for nigerians. Do nigerians know of your existence or the formation of your primitive forum ? You usurped power for more than three decades only to hold down the south for the north to catch up, used our collective wealth to oil your pockets, to train islamic jihadists, take nigeria to OIC and ensure that our fellow travellers in the group of 3rd world countries like India, Iran, Singapore, Malaysia, Pakistan, to mention a few, left us behind and moved into 1st and 2nd world countries. Even sister African countries like Ghana, Benin and Kenya made better progress all because while these countries had humans as their leaders, we had beasts in human clothing ruling nigeria with an ungrained archaic religious bigotry and mediocrity. What has GEJ got to do with your self- inflicted unrest and woes ? Where were your group of imbeciles when your armed wing, BH, was bombing churches and slaughtering christians in your domain - away for greater haj ? Please next time you spew your odious trash, never include the south in your 'nigeria'. Never again would an ayatolah northerner rule nigeria and in case you go through a coup, we have an answer for you. For your own good, you better stop giving GEJ any ultimatum because should anything odd happen to him, you will be the worst for it.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Ekundayo7: 3:25am On Aug 13, 2014
BetaThings:
The statement was issued by NEF
It was read by a Northern Christian who is a member pf NEF
If you did not observe that how can we take other things you say seriously?

Terrorists? Really?
Yahoo-yahoo
Kidnapping
Ritual killing
are now approved crimes?

And your people have not left
It is either a death wish or that observation is untrue
Oh my small brained one, you listen to the message, not the messenger.
There are no "yahoo-yahoo" and ritual killer united, backed and funded by Saudi slime, Sudan slime that in turn back Northern Oligarch slime and other terrorists who are determined to overrun Nigeria. No ritual killer or yahoo yahoo have vowed to dip their bloody sword into the waters off Lagos after subduing the "infidels", or did I miss that part?
Neither have the fecking hausa Fulani left parts southwards and if push comes to shove very quickly they will be buried where they stand. They have been ENJOYING THE CIVILIZED AND ACCOMMODATING HOSPITALITY AND TOLERANCE OF THE YORUBA FOR MANY MANY MANY YEARS and had best not forget that.
You are nothing but a Boko sympathizer with this rubbish talk.
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by nossycheek(f): 4:54am On Aug 13, 2014
dem never hala. BH is defending islamic cause. Let dem carry as illustrous sons of AREWA. BUT we no wan see dem for south
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by OlusolaWarrior: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
Aptly stated. These northern elders are the cause of the problem. They were watching and encouraging their children when they started it. Now the problem has grown beyond them. He who keeps assassins should be certain that he keeps giving them jobs. One day, they'll be thirsty for blood and will have no one to face but their keepers. Now that Boko Haram is murdering their own kith and kin by the scores, they remember that there is a president to call on. But their useless threat is what pisses me off. Even though it is a norther affair, it affects the rest of us in Nigeria as well. Foreign investors are reluctant to come to Nigeria to invest because of the scare of bombs going off anywhere at any time.

Krucifax: The Northern Elders should be ashamed of themselves. They and their people are part of the reason the Boko Haram situation exploded beyond all measure.

Many Northerners were sympathetic to the Boko Haram cause in the early days because they believed BH were fighting the cause of Islam and that only non-muslims and govt people were targets.But Boko Haram have since shown that everybody is now a legitimate target. The chickens have come home to roost and now they are crying foul.

Do you my fellow nairalanders not remember when the same Northern Elders in 2012 put out page after page in all the main newspapers condemning govt forces for killing Boko Haram members in the North. Then the Northern Elders referred to them as northern youths who were marginalized and frustrated. I'm not against any of my fellow Nigerians but we must speak the truth when we see it.

There is a proverb that says "The man who lets a snake dwell in his household,will one day cry tears of regret".
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by crosswire(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
DID ANYBODY READ THE POST FINISH?
THAT IS A WASTE OF MY PRECIOUS GIFT OF VISION
undecided
Re: Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 15, 2014
prophetone:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/new-auto-policy-pan-produce-peugeot-301-508-kaduna/

http://gearloy.com/2014/02/11/nigeria-to-finally-produce-peugeot-301-and-508-in-kaduna/

Enlighten Yourself.
Peugeot is not an indigienous company.

Innoson Motors at Nnewi is just Made In Nigeria, it is of Nigerian Origin with Local content!

Nissan and Hundai are rolling out there vehicles too, but Innoson is purely a Nigerian Brand!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four West African Countries To Buy Nigeria’s Idle Electricity / Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu / Osinbajo, Amaechi, Onu Absent as Buhari Unveils Tinubu’s Campaign Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.