Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. (1254 Views)

How Should She Handle Her BIL? / 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 12:05am On Aug 12, 2014
thanks.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 12, 2014
shocked shocked

may i ask why you ask this unaskable question
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Osama10(m): 12:14am On Aug 12, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: shocked shocked
may i ask why you ask this unaskable question

grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Jhosh(m): 12:33am On Aug 12, 2014
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 12, 2014
weird question tho...
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Big4wig(m): 12:53am On Aug 12, 2014
Op how did ur own mum handle menopause

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Dymondgurl(f): 1:05am On Aug 12, 2014
Of all questions to ask! So u expect us to be studying our mom in that condition.? Why don't u start by talking bout ur momma first
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Big4wig: Op how did ur own mum handle menopause

Thanks

Dymondgurl: Of all questions to ask! So u expect us to be studying our mom in that condition.? Why don't u start by talking bout ur momma first

some of you are more familiar with the symptoms of menopause than others.

so, educate the rest of us who are here to learn, since yall are the experts on menopause.

I have never said I know anything about menopause, but since some nlers have long been in contact with it, share your knowledge.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 1:08am On Aug 12, 2014
still waiting!!!!!

share knowledge, not insults, thank you!

dont know why nobody has dropped any info!
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Big4wig(m): 1:15am On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1:

some of you are more familiar with the symptoms of menopause than others.

so, educate the rest of us who are here to learn, since yall are the experts on menopause.

I have never said I know anything about menopause, but since some nlers have long been in contact with it, share your knowledge.
abeg no quote me again abi i resemble old woman for ur eye??,guy #OVER o angry

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 1:44am On Aug 12, 2014
if you cannot read english then i wonder why you're here to derail the thread.

I did not ask if your mother is an old woman.

i said discuss your mother's menopause.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by MizMyColi(f): 3:49am On Aug 12, 2014
smh for some commenters above.

Mom hasn't gotten there yet, but its approaching, I think

I remember one night, at about 11pm, she told me to come and pray for her, that she was feeling very serious hotness in her tummy and it felt like some part of it was being tied. She even attributed it to Enemies. shocked

At first, I pretended to take her seriously, but when she started saying stuffs like: "Nobody can kill me, My Hands are clean"
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

For Dear Mother Life!!, I didn't know I could still pray like I did. (Thank God for my days in NCCF). After a while, she told me to go and sleep, that she's was okay.

Sleep ke? I was doing vigilante all through the night, I'd even go to her room and be like: "Ma' you okay?"

undecided undecided Later the next day, after going to see a doctor, she was told its part of menopausal signs.

The Relief Was So Evident On Me

cheesy
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 4:14am On Aug 12, 2014
thanks, not sure what gives folks the heebies jeebies in a simple discussion.

for some, misogyny is their way of life.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by SAMBARRY: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2014
She handled it the way most women of her age would handle it

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by crackhaus: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2014
I wonder what my business is with how my mom handled menopause, these are not things we would 'normally' discuss undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by angelTI(f): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Pls let's discuss how our mum's handled menopause o. Tpia is fasting approaching hers and need how to prepare for it

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
^obviously, its not something you plan to experience, so drop tips for those who will.

no need to call names, thank you, just share how your mum did her own.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
I didn't notice any shit...
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by freecocoa(f): 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
Tpia don't worry, there's nothing to be scared of, it's a normal thing, you'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
^ aunty, discuss the topic, not a person.

thanks, stay on track, dont let your personal issues get the better of you.

menopause is something every woman goes through if God allows. If you are a woman, discuss it here instead of throwing stones.

discussing it will not chase away your nl suitors, admirers and butt kissers.

if it will then maybe you should have avoided the thread.

if you know nothing about it and did not observe it in your mama, then say so.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hian! shocked mama mie! [runs out of thread]
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by Richy4(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
hhahaha Children of nowadays. see wetin too much education and available internet dey cause.

very soon a thread will appear on how my papa and mama take do am come give birth to me.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
My mum's menopause was terrible. Infact,I can't share the story cos it will bring back hurtful memories. Thank God she survived it and she is back to normal.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by flyca: 12:27am On Aug 14, 2014
Funny. Lemme share mine.... Not my mum directly though....

We had one neighbor back in the days, she was never married and very advanced in age (even though she never admits). She was also a lecturer and was staying with her young nephews. So my mum was somehow her confidant.

When we were younger, she will call my mum to attend to her "strange" ailment. My mum in turn comes back to tell us that she doesn't understand her kind of sickness and she has refused to go to hospital, she said she takes drugs but never shows her what drugs. The thing really lingered o, no be small. Hehe. From vomiting, to weakness, to fatigue, to sprain, to headache, bodyache, dizziness and the rest. Mind you at that time, my mum didn't know it was menopause o. She was just playing an adult role around and ailing neighbour. Lol. The woman in turn didn't tell her because she was a civil servant that had falsified her age to about 10years younger. Hehe

Ok. Years later, my mum's own started, and that when when she thought back and realised our then-neighbor was on menopause. By then too she had known how to handle herself better.

Today, my mum has been retired for a few years, the woman is still a "youngie" lecturer cheesy. That's the end of my story. #Tans

Aunty OP, can we hear your own story? Or are you the one on menopause? Are you getting really close? Spill it out, lets hear...

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by tpia1: 4:27am On Aug 14, 2014
ma'am i'm not an expert on the subject, i opened the thread because nlers seem obsessed with the subject of menstruation and menopause.

i read up on it occasionally, however, others seem more familiar with the topic.

Look like a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation- its a problem if you do menstruate likewise its a problem if you dont menstruate.

misogyny and some misguided females trying to score a hit with some awry males.
Re: How Did Your Mum Handle Her Menopause? Please Share. by red101(f): 5:40am On Aug 14, 2014
The main symptom is hot flashes. Keep yourself cool with cold water, fan, airconditioner, open your windows etc

(1) (Reply)

When Will This Stop? / Couple Issue.... Can U Go For Advice Afta Marriage / Who Are We?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.