Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result (2277 Views)

Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 12, 2014
The final tally of APC 394,684 to PDPs 292,747 might at first seem like a substantial victory. But when you analyze further there might not be much cheer for the APC.

With a damaged candidate that had murder rumor hanging over his head which guaranteed him to lose Ilesha massively. The quality of the PDP candidate affected him across state even in his own strong hold of Ife which he did not carry overwhelmingly. Again many could not get over the Bola Ige murmur. Yet a mere swing of roughly 50,000 votes would have swung the election in his favor. This in the original home state of Bola Tinubu the man born in in Osun state. This was no victory at all for Aregbesola. It actually should call for soul searching. What would have happened if PDP had nominated some one other than Omisore as his flag bearer?. Omisore as the candidate of the PDP allowed Aregbesola and the APC to escape a true referendum of the 4 years of stewardship. The murder of Bola Ige became the subtext of the election.

APC should reflect on why all elections in its 'stronghold' of South West are all billed to be tight. Of the 3 left Ogun, Oyo and Lagos, they will be lucky to get 2 of the 3 . I won't put my money on it.

You get the feeling people are not convinced that this is the authentic opposition that Nigeria badly needs to topple PDPs years of poor governance. Why? The difference between PDP and APC is hypocrisy. A thief is bad enough but a thief and a hypocrite that imposes the yoke of high taxes on you while building a kilometer of road for 1.2 billion Naira is unforgivable. That is the future APC must confront.

16 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ayukdaboss(m): 2:14am On Aug 12, 2014
jerseyboy: [s] The final tally of APC 394,684 to PDPs 292,747 might at first seem like a substantial victory. But when you analyze further there might not be much cheer for the APC.

With a damaged candidate that had murder rumor hanging over its head which guaranteed him to lose Ilesha massively. The quality of the PDP candidate affected him across state even in his own strong hold of Ife which he did not carry overwhelmingly. Again many could not get over the Bola Ige murmur. Yet a mere swing of roughly 50,000 votes would have swung the election in his favor. This in the original home state of Bola Tinubu the man born in in Osun state. This was no victory at all for Aregbesola. It actually should call for soul searching. What would have happened if PDP had nominated some one other than Omisore as his flag bearer?. Omisore as the candidate of the PDP allowed Aregbesola and the APC to escape a true referendum of the 4 years of stewardship. The murder of Bola Ige became the subtext of the election.

APC should reflect on why all elections in its 'stronghold of South West are all billed to be tight. Of the 3 left Ogun, Oyo and Lagos, they will be lucky to get 2 of the 3 . I won't put my money on it.

You get the feeling people are not convinced that this is the authentic opposition that Nigeria badly needs to topple PDPs years of poor governance. Why? The difference between PDP and ACN is hypocrisy. A thief is bad enough but a thief and a hypocrite that imposes the yoke of high taxes on you while building a kilometer of road for 1.2 billion Naira is unforgivable. That is the future APC must confront. [/s]

Omisore needed roughly 50,000 votes to win? undecided. Lying bottom. tongue
Ogbeni Rauf won that election with a margin of exactly 101,937 cheesy

Go back to school OP and stop embarrassing yourself. Dumb post.

11 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 12, 2014
ayukdaboss:

He is actually correct. APC amassed 57.41% of the votes while PDP amassed 42.58%.
That is not a wide margin. And Osun state is supposedly the strongest hold of APC in the southwest and despite the fact that PDP presented someone like omisore, a man his own people in Ife can hardly tolerate combined with all atrocities he was accused of committing..

I hope the maths is correct, you can double check too.

19 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by orlaryhincah(m): 2:52am On Aug 12, 2014
Bla bla bla bla. APC sha won?

3 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 12, 2014
analysis on point OP. cool

6 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by oduastates: 3:40am On Aug 12, 2014
There is nothing to be afraid about.
The election was heavily rigged for omisore in the Ife axis as PDP tried to run the numbers in those areas.
However they were overwhelmed by aregbesola support.
They knew that they could not push it further as it would have been so blatant that osun would have erupted .
If osun erupts,the SW erupts and the ensuing mayhem would have been too much to contain.
Like I said before, any omoluabi who votes PDP need to get his head checked regardless of whether you hate the governor or not.
For those who are not witty enough,jonathan has achieved what he wanted in osun.He was very eager to congratulate aregbesola .He does not care about omisore and neither does he mean well for the SW .
What he did was to use osun as a trial balloon for 2015.
Remember that he needs 25% of the votes from 2/3 of the states to win the presidential election .
They rigged the election in osun just enough to get that magical 25 % and 2/3 in 2015 .
So when the election result comes out in 2015,you can be sure that they will manufacture at least 25% of the votes from osun.

14 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by OtunbaJega: 4:01am On Aug 12, 2014
oduastates: There is nothing to be afraid about.
The election was heavily rigged for omisore in the Ife axis as PDP tried to run the numbers in those areas.
They knew that they could not push it further as it would have been so blatant that osun would have erupted .
If osun erupts,the SW erupts and the ensuing mayhem would have been too much to contain.
Like I said before, any omoluabi who votes PDP need to get his head checked regardless of whether you hate the governor or not.
For those who are not witty enough,jonathan has achieved what he wanted in osun.He was very eager to congratulate aregbesola .He does not care about omisore and neither does he mean well for the SW .
Remember that he needs 25% of the votes from 2/3 of the states to win the presidential election .
They rigged the election in osun to get that 25 % and 2/3 in 2015 .
So when the election result comes out in 2015,you can be sure that they will manufacture at least 25% of the votes from osun.

Exactly my thoughts

3 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Mynd44: 5:39am On Aug 12, 2014
You need to ask how Omisore got those +290,000 votes. Massive and umimaginable rigging?

3 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 12, 2014
They rigged the election in osun just enough to get that magical 25 % and 2/3 in 2015 .

Bros na waaa for youooooo,so even after APC won you are still alleging rigging? So in essence APC can never lose an election without rigging?

This sort of mindset will make the party fail woefully in 2015.Any responsible government must always check people's opinion,wishes and aspiration and work in tandem with them or risk rejection @ elections.Fayemi simple beleived APC will always win and look where it got him.Party as it stand no longer wins but candidates do.

Both elections were free and fair and devoid of manipulations

13 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Tolexander: 6:00am On Aug 12, 2014

the election in ife axis wasn't rigged at all for Omisore.

12 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by doofanc: 6:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44: You need to ask how Omisore got those +290,000 votes. Massive and umimaginable rigging?

@bolded, that's what they would have us believe, but sorry, I don't buy it for a sec. there might have been irregularities, but certainly not too that scale.

the fact remains if indeed nearly 300,000 Osun citizens felt a political liability like Omisore would do a better job at the State house than the incumbent, in spite if the latter's much vaunted popularity, then APC should indeed be very worried.

this is no landslide.

15 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by omenka(m): 6:07am On Aug 12, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Mynd44: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2014
doofanc:

@bolded, that's what they would have us believe, but sorry, I don't buy it for a sec. there might have been irregularities, but certainly not too that scale.

the fact remains if indeed nearly 300,000 Osun citizens felt a political liability like Omisore would do a better job at the State house than the incumbent, in spite if the latter's much vaunted popularity, then APC should indeed be very worried.

this is no landslide.

If PDP got over 200 thousand votes and
won convincingly in 4 local govts, while APC got over 300 thousand votes and won convincingly in more than 20 Lgs...
We need to think beyond the victory of winning or pains of losing elections and
ask detailed questions.
Is it that there are more people in those 4 LGAs where the PDP won than most of the whole state?

Thinking caps people

3 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Chaleeee: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44:

won convincingly in 4 local govts, while APC got over 300 thousand votes and won convincingly in more than 20 Lgs...
ask detailed questions.
Is it that there are more people in those 4 LGAs where the PDP won than most of the whole state?

Thinking caps people

Put on that thinking cap and think again. From the breakdown of the election result, PDP has a minimum of 25% of vote cast in every local government. Those were probably rigged too right?

5 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Chaleeee: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Dumbo, you know you have to subtract that figure from the total vote cast of the winner....the margin will be less than 1500 votes. That definitely calls for a run off. And trust me PDP will win in that circumstance because they now know their weak areas...

3 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ayukdaboss(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2014
Chaleeee:
Dumbo, you know you have to subtract that figure from the total vote cast of the winner....the margin will be less than 1500 votes. That definitely calls for a run off. And trust me PDP will win in that circumstance because they now know their weak areas...
Smart ass...Read his post again and see the basis for my calculation, then you'll realize you're just trying to embarass yourself.
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by bokoslayer: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Chaleeee:

Thank you, this is how to school roadside mechanics smiley. Next time, you may have to ask him to subtract 50k spanners from 390k spanners and then add the 50k spanners to another 300k spanners, dude might just get the math in vulcaniser/mechanic terms.

12 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44:

ask detailed questions.

Thinking caps people

PDDP WON IN 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND NOT 4.APC WON IN 22 LGA.THAT IS WHY I LAUGH

2 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2014
DOUBLE POST
Mynd44:

ask detailed questions.

Thinking caps people

PDDP WON IN 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND NOT 4.APC WON IN 22 LGA.THAT IS WHY I LAUGH AT THOSE WHO SAY GEJ WOULD NOT GET 25% IN THE SW

6 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Feb 14 will be wonderful,opposition should continue daydreaming

8 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ayukdaboss(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44:

ask detailed questions.

Thinking caps people
Spot On! Bro!! When some people want to judge issues sentimentally, they put away their thinking caps and end up spewing sentimental bull-crap.

How else will someone win just 8 local governments convincingly yet amass over 200,000 votes if population is not to be slightly or even totally considered.
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by luvinhubby(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44: You need to ask how Omisore got those +290,000 votes. Massive and umimaginable rigging?
You will do well as a moderator (Umpire) in politics section to tone down your political views expressed on topics, irrespective of where your political alliance leans to. This will help the perception of true intents when doing your mods job.
Just an advice.

Thank me later. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Mynd44: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2014
luvinhubby:
You will do well as a moderator (Umpire) in politics section to tone down your political views expressed on topics, irrespective of where your political alliance leans to. This will help the perception of true intents when doing your mods job.
Just an advice.

Thank me later. cheesy
I am a free born human with opinions of my own first.......then a lot of things before I am a moderator.
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ElFenomeno1: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2014
jerseyboy: The final tally of APC 394,684 to PDPs 292,747 might at first seem like a substantial victory. But when you analyze further there might not be much cheer for the APC.

With a damaged candidate that had murder rumor hanging over his head which guaranteed him to lose Ilesha massively. The quality of the PDP candidate affected him across state even in his own strong hold of Ife which he did not carry overwhelmingly. Again many could not get over the Bola Ige murmur. Yet a mere swing of roughly 50,000 votes would have swung the election in his favor. This in the original home state of Bola Tinubu the man born in in Osun state. This was no victory at all for Aregbesola. It actually should call for soul searching. What would have happened if PDP had nominated some one other than Omisore as his flag bearer?. Omisore as the candidate of the PDP allowed Aregbesola and the APC to escape a true referendum of the 4 years of stewardship. The murder of Bola Ige became the subtext of the election.

APC should reflect on why all elections in its 'stronghold' of South West are all billed to be tight. Of the 3 left Ogun, Oyo and Lagos, they will be lucky to get 2 of the 3 . I won't put my money on it.

You get the feeling people are not convinced that this is the authentic opposition that Nigeria badly needs to topple PDPs years of poor governance. Why? The difference between PDP and ACN is hypocrisy. A thief is bad enough but a thief and a hypocrite that imposes the yoke of high taxes on you while building a kilometer of road for 1.2 billion Naira is unforgivable. That is the future APC must confront.

Fu...cking idio...t!
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ElFenomeno1: 8:19am On Aug 12, 2014
Tolexander: the election in ife axis wasn't rigged at all for Omisore.

How sure are you?!
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 12, 2014
luvinhubby:
Just an advice.

Thank me later. cheesy
It is actually very refreshing to see the Mod be himself. To be a Mod is not a call to Papacy. What the Mod must learn however is to ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING.
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ElFenomeno1: 8:21am On Aug 12, 2014
chukwudi44:

PDDP WON IN 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND NOT 4.APC WON IN 22 LGA.THAT IS WHY I LAUGH AT THOSE WHO SAY GEJ WOULD NOT GET 25% IN THE SW

Keep deluding yourself. GEJ wont return to power, all these dumb permutations would be shoved right back in your faces!
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Fu...cking idio...t!
grin grin grin actually rolled on the floor.
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2014
chukwudi44:

Ibo boy, so in ur own reasoning Jonathan is the same as omisore?
What do u take the sw for? U think they don't use their brain when voting? U are in for a shocker.
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by ElFenomeno1: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Demdem:

Ibo boy, so in ur own reasoning Jonathan is the same as omisore?
What do u take the sw for? U think they don't use their brain when voting? U are in for a shocker.

Tell him again!
Re: APC Should Be Concerned About Osun Election Result by luvinhubby(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44:
I am a free born human with opinions of my own first.......then a lot of things before I am a moderator.

Agreed.
But you are a free born with a responsibility & an office that demands you preserve it's sacredness, no matter how little.
Imagine a referee jubilating when a side scores in a football match he is officiating, despite the fact that he is a "free born human".

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-Madueke's Sister Reportedly Kidnapped / To Jonathanians . / Praising GEJ For Just Conceding Defeat Is Just Too Much!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.