Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (20332 Views)

2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2014
The candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, at the just concluded Osun State gubernatorial election, Iyiola Omisore, has attributed his defeat to the “clearly partisan” acts of the former Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, in the state.
At his first post-election briefing in Osogbo, Monday, Mr. Omisore said that by the time the electoral commissioner was removed, he had already done the damage.
Rufus Akeju, the Osun State REC, was replaced by Segun Agbaje, a few weeks before the election.

At the end of the election, Mr. Omisore’s 292,747 votes was not enough to defeat Rauf Aregbesola, the incumbent governor and candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, who polled 394,684 votes to emerge winner.
“It was not a race we came into unmindful of the odds stacked against us,” said Mr. Omisore, a former Senator.
“For instance, we had a situation where a clearly partisan Resident Electoral Commissioner had opened the entire electoral system to our opponent from registration stage through data storage to personnel loading.
“Though the leadership of INEC eventually took him out of the state weeks to the elections, he already did a lot of harm in the system that would take years to rectify. In spite of this and the fact that all democratic structures in the state are in the hands of our opponent, our supporters still fought gallantly in every poling unit in the state to achieve the feat we posted in this election,” Mr. Omisore added.
The PDP candidate urged his supporters to remain calm as the party is still studying the election results to determine their next line of action.
“In the meantime, our situation office and party are presently analyzing the results of the elections against field reports. We shall be making public our findings and the appropriate steps accordingly,” said Mr. Omisore.
“I however appeal to all our supporters to remain calm, law-abiding and peace-loving. Our abiding guide is that Osun state must not be governed in the old ways anymore and August 9 has given the demography of the change-seeking people.”
Mr. Omisore said that his campaign strategy took him to the nook and cranny of the state where he saw the impact of “propaganda-led governance” on the people’s lives.
“We shared the daily experiences of a people traumatized and fervently hopeful of beneficial change that democracy has promised to them,” Mr. Omisore said.
“It did not escape our notice that many of the everyday people in our towns and villages who trooped to meet with us, valued our presence and the regard we had for them, yet they bore with courage and hope, the scars of neglect, extreme poverty, and excruciating suffering.
“We were bold to reject financial recklessness, deform of our education sector, scams that deployed technology for profit rather than for learning, bastardized empowerment programs that only deny opportunities to our young people, partnership that mean our artisans are jobless, significant capital flight from the Osun state economy and the lack of transparency in public procurement process.
“We have been successful in raising the consciousness of every one in Osun state to these issues, enabling them to demand accountability that will enshrine good governance today and forever.”
Mr. Omisore also said that the result of the election showed that the PDP is no longer a push over in the South West.
“The best man does not always win, but a winner emerges. We congratulate all the gladiators in this effort; everyone gave of their best,” he said.
“Collectively, we have achieved much more than our individual aspirations for the Office of the Governor of Osun state that we all contested for. Our achievements go beyond Government House in Abere, to the heart of the people and our followers. We in Osun PDP assert with great confidence that the business of governance in Osun state will be not be as usual again. The positive change we fought for in the Rescue Mission campaign has indeed started. We are all wiser.
“This is success we are thankful for. We must celebrate PDP leadership, its members and the extensive engagement of supporters of the Iyiola Omisore Organization (IOO) on all platforms, including the Omisore Youth Support Forum (OYSF) and the engagement of all media – print, digital and social.

“We collectively with the citizens and people of Osun state will sustain the Rescue Mission from a campaign to what I note it has become, a socio-political movement for positive change in Osun state, a force for change that no one can deny or stop. We came into this race to make that difference in their lives and offer hope in the land,” he added.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/166572-why-i-lost-osun-governorship-election-omisore.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=why-i-lost-osun-governorship-election-omisore?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=why-i-lost-osun-governorship-election-omisore

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2014
Its alright Mr. Afterall you have 292,247 votes in 6 local government that you won. Although no one is talking about that. U should stop all those excuses. There is nothing ur people can analyze again. Aregbe won by a wide margin. (101,937) Haba!

32 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2014
Where are all the PDP now? They have all deserted you so quickly after sharing bags of rice and 15b naira from Jonathan!
Omisore, you are not even ashamed, a murderer like you wants to rule Osun state? In saner climate, people like you should be serving life sentence for the murder of chief Bola Ige or perhaps you should have been at the gas chambers long ago!! Now you are lamenting loosing a relatively free and fair election!

54 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2014
Cry Cry!! Cry!!! Murderer wink

24 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by slimfit1(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Senator for how many years no single bill sponsored that makes impact on the people then you think you can rule over them just to come and pay salaries and loot mr man my people are not daft like other state that I'm not going to mention ( kogi, bayelsa and the rest )

25 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2014
Loser

33 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by slimfit1(m): 11:46am On Aug 12, 2014
We are not after salary paying governors we are after governors that will expose our state to investors and explore our resources tap every resources around us. Aregbe needs to start tapping resources in osun state enough of waiting for federal allocation.

4 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2014
slimfit1: Senator for how many years no single bill sponsored that makes impact on the people then you think you can rule over them just to come and pay salaries and loot mr man my people are not daft like other state that I'm not going to mention ( kogi, bayelsa and the rest )

People like Omisore can only govern backward states like Abia, Kogi and Ebonyi States!

30 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2014
slimfit1: Senator for how many years no single bill sponsored that makes impact on the people then you think you can rule over them just to come and pay salaries and loot mr man my people are not daft like other state that I'm not going to mention ( kogi, bayelsa and the rest )

People like Omisore can only govern backward states like Abia, Kogi and Ebonyi States!

39 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Proxy001(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
u dis baba ijebu..... haba! d people u so much desire to govern say they don't want u so y weep? or is it by force to rule over them? after all u were once a senator and according to reports u did nothing

6 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by egift(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
The man is simply asking for his corn back grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by PaulJohn1: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omisore should better forget about ever governing Osun. It's a pity he came from the same senatorial district with Aregbe, I would have adviced him to go back to the senate.
But the Ijeshas that are the majority in his senatorial district won't let that happen.

In short, he should look elsewhere for relevance outside Osun. Perhaps, GEJ can make him a minister or an ambassador.

12 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by PaulJohn1: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2014

It'll be unfair if we ignore what Omisore did when he was a senator even if we don't want him as a governor. Omisore increased the monthly allocation for Osun when he was in the senate while Oyinlola was the governor, he thought he would be the next governor after Oyinlola, but I think destiny says otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by kokoA(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
This man looks like one politician I saw on paper some weeks back eating corn with both hands as if his life depended on it o.. Eyah, and I was hoping that people will vote for him out of pity o. Chai! Osun people, diarisgoduooo.. Thid guy ate probably up to one basin full of corn o.. Smh.

40 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lolz! I don't know what to type sef.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by solomakindees(m): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omisore,
Go back and look at some of your campaign fotos where 'lagbaja' security men were guarding you! shocked
Where do you see a popular politician with armed, masked security aspiring to rule? Automatically, when you win, you would be totally inaccessible.
Now that you have lost, for how long can you keep masked security?
Hope you've learnt your lessons from this fall?

18 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by larride(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sorry Omisore but the people voted for the man of their choice, I rather think the vote you pulled should be looked into, how come you pull over 290,000 votes from just 6LGA while your opponent pulls over 390,000 from over 20LGA, It would be argued that you won Ife convincingly but it must be noted that Aregbe also won convincingly in Ilesha, Osogbo, Iwo, Ikire and Oloruda and other LGA.

You better be happy with the over 292,000 votes that you purported garnered. The jubilation that follows Aregbe victory all over the states should tell you that Aregbe indeed is the people choice, stop whining and get on with your life. Ire ooo

Ipinle Omoluabi A dara ooo

39 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by RockMaxi: 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
“For instance, we had a situation where a clearly
partisan Resident Electoral Commissioner had
opened the entire electoral system to our
opponent from registration stage through data
storage to personnel loading.
“Though the leadership of INEC eventually took
him out of the state weeks to the elections, he
already did a lot of harm in the system that
would take years to rectify.

The extract above speaks volumes and if properly placed it should be "We have our game plan that was leaked to the opponent"

Next time eat more than 2 corns at a time..

32 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by huptin(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
I am not a supporter of PDP..... but i will say this, i commend their resillience, here was a party on the brink of total collapse, less than a year ago under Tukur, but with the change of leadership, and the coming of Muazu, the rebound has been dramatic if not spectacular.

Yes i think with a little more luck they can capture the south west. This is the best time for introspection for APC, If you want us to vote out PDP and vote for you then the burden is on you to prove to us that you are far better than PDP, not only in words but in action. Southwestern people vote for the candidates they perceive as the best and not based on sentiments.

15 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by sonyjacobs(m): 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
Baba Omisore go to court if u are not satisfy with the result undecided

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by EmmaOgbu(m): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
""
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by playcharles(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
How dose dat change the fact about Ebola leading the government

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by hazyfm: 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
[size=28pt]THE MAN OF THE PEOPLE[/size]

29 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
HAHAHA
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by hazyfm: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
[size=38pt] THE MAN OF CORN[/size]

16 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Guidette(f): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nope. You lost because you are a murderer and the people did not like you. Learn to take defeat like a man!

12 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Firefire(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
ok
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by letitgo: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
this is so funny.

a promo is on, 50mb each to 25 PERSONS.
D new Android plans with Etisalat.
50mb@N100_1gb@1.4k n mor
https://www.nairaland.com/1840190/d-new-etisalat-android-plans
enquires on whatsapp/voice call 09090431565
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by okonja(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
At the end of the election, Mr. Omisore’s 292,747 votes
was not enough to defeat Rauf Aregbesola, the
incumbent governor
and candidate of the All
Progressives Congress, APC, who polled 394,684 votes
to emerge winner.

Can someone pls tell me the meaning of incumbent?

Seriously, I feel like axing this man now...How on earth would you tag someone who brought all the seen developments in the state unlike yours that's always on paper an "Incumbent one"...seriously am vexing.

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by slimpoppa(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sorry about that...........Better luck in 2018.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by ayusco85(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
Really? ur a sore loser

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by gbaskiboy: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
My suggestion to you sir; every eyes watched as you are being defeated during the election on saturday. Take duress to calm you down, seems u are being traumatised with nightmare of your defeat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Vs APC: Picture Says It All / Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community / Imo Assembly: PDP National Leadership Say Defectors Have Lost Their Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.