Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

The "Fingerprints" Of GOD - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The "Fingerprints" Of GOD (30911 Views)

How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / For Those Who Don't Believe In Existence Of God, Watch..... / Sheikh Jamiu Ajadi Sanusi (ami Olohun) "truely Divine Man Of God" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Rilwayne001: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2014
@,..Op Jazakumallah Kairan.

xtian keep crying as usual grin grin

1 Like

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Jesuspistol: Nawa o. Why some nairalanders like long-long stories like this. It bores nw.

Wtf!!! Who cares about the finger prints.. I want the freaking hand of God. Famed for parting the Nile River and stopping the Sun. Not this meecrob of a thesis
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by maclatunji: 9:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Arysexy:

My friend why are u dodging my question? Give me proof that shows western atheists left Christianity because of the Christian definition of God.
What has the number of Muslims in the west got to do with my question?

of all the reasons that made some people turn atheist, it's only Christian definition of God ur Muslim op chose. And u forgot Islam definition of Allah made the likes of Ali Sina leave Islam and disbelieved?

Most westeem atheist could av chose to disbelief due to other factors. what about the influence of science, comfort, etc

#Yawns

Whilst you and many Christian posters here are busy playing ostrich and being cry babies, this guy hits the nail on the head.

maclatunji:

10 Reasons That People Adopt Atheism

Reason Eight: Inadequate Doctrinal Teaching.
You have some fundamental misunderstanding about Christian theism or theism in general which was probably offered by somebody who also had a similar misunderstanding. This prevents you from belief because it is just seems so ridiculous that nobody could believe in it. Who could believe in a talking snake?

http://thereforegodexists.com/2012/08/10-adopt-atheism/

Why do you think he mentioned "Christian theism" as separate from theism? It is like saying "Agege bread" or bread" in a sentence about someone not liking bread.

#Hahahahahaaa

2 Likes

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Les: 9:57am On Aug 15, 2014
kheart: so athiest have started using shalom too?
did I say I was an atheist too?? Have you heard of freethinkers before?? And stop enclosing your mind, anybody can use anything but what I don't tolerate anyone using is rubbishing one's faith to prove a point. When I was about believing that not all Muslims are terrorist, the non terrorist are even doing worse. Rubbish!!!
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Mintayo(m): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
Les: This thread, it can be inspirational, but to me, it's a bit educative. The portion where he condemned the Christian faith turns me off like real badly. Shalom!!
i find this thread as been intersting,but unfortunately the 'bigotic' and the the 'fanatic' nature of the Op won't stop him from speaking ill of christainity.
I am not surprised though,because i believe no muslim's message or write-up will be complete without mentioning and condemning Christainity! Thats's the way islam strive!
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by bigbozz(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
NO TIME TO CHECK TIME

1 Like

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Orikinla(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2014
'I've Found God' Says Man Who Cracked Genome
By Steven Swinford
The Sunday Times
6-11-6

THE scientist who led the team that cracked the human genome is to publish a book explaining why he now believes in the existence of God and is convinced that miracles are real.

Francis Collins, the director of the US National Human Genome Research Institute, claims there is a rational basis for a creator and that scientific discoveries bring man "closer to God".

His book, The Language of God, to be published in September, will reopen the age-old debate about the relationship between science and faith. "One of the great tragedies of our time is this impression that has been created that science and religion have to be at war," said Collins, 56.

"I don't see that as necessary at all and I think it is deeply disappointing that the shrill voices that occupy the extremes of this spectrum have dominated the stage for the past 20 years."

For Collins, unravelling the human genome did not create a conflict in his mind. Instead, it allowed him to "glimpse at the workings of God".

"When you make a breakthrough it is a moment of scientific exhilaration because you have been on this search and seem to have found it," he said. "But it is also a moment where I at least feel closeness to the creator in the sense of having now perceived something that no human knew before but God knew all along.

"When you have for the first time in front of you this 3.1 billion-letter instruction book that conveys all kinds of information and all kinds of mystery about humankind, you can't survey that going through page after page without a sense of awe. I can't help but look at those pages and have a vague sense that this is giving me a glimpse of God's mind."

Collins joins a line of scientists whose research deepened their belief in God. Isaac Newton, whose discovery of the laws of gravity reshaped our understanding of the universe, said: "This most beautiful system could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful being."

Although Einstein revolutionised our thinking about time, gravity and the conversion of matter to energy, he believed the universe had a creator. "I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details," he said. However Galileo was famously questioned by the inquisition and put on trial in 1633 for the "heresy" of claiming that the earth moved around the sun.

Among Collins's most controversial beliefs is that of "theistic evolution", which claims natural selection is the tool that God chose to create man. In his version of the theory, he argues that man will not evolve further.

"I see God's hand at work through the mechanism of evolution. If God chose to create human beings in his image and decided that the mechanism of evolution was an elegant way to accomplish that goal, who are we to say that is not the way," he says.

"Scientifically, the forces of evolution by natural selection have been profoundly affected for humankind by the changes in culture and environment and the expansion of the human species to 6 billion members. So what you see is pretty much what you get."

Collins was an atheist until the age of 27, when as a young doctor he was impressed by the strength that faith gave to some of his most critical patients.

"They had terrible diseases from which they were probably not going to escape, and yet instead of railing at God they seemed to lean on their faith as a source of great comfort and reassurance," he said. "That was interesting, puzzling and unsettling."

He decided to visit a Methodist minister and was given a copy of C S Lewis's Mere Christianity, which argues that God is a rational possibility. The book transformed his life. "It was an argument I was not prepared to hear," he said. "I was very happy with the idea that God didn't exist, and had no interest in me. And yet at the same time, I could not turn away."

His epiphany came when he went hiking through the Cascade Mountains in Washington state. He said: "It was a beautiful afternoon and suddenly the remarkable beauty of creation around me was so overwhelming, I felt, 'I cannot resist this another moment'."

Collins believes that science cannot be used to refute the existence of God because it is confined to the "natural" world. In this light he believes miracles are a real possibility. "If one is willing to accept the existence of God or some supernatural force outside nature then it is not a logical problem to admit that, occasionally, a supernatural force might stage an invasion," he says.

2 Likes

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Les: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Mintayo:
i find this thread as been intersting,but unfortunately the 'bigotic' and the the 'fanatic' nature of the Op won't stop him from speaking ill of christainity.
I am not surprised though,because i believe no muslim's message or write-up will be complete without mentioning and condemning Christainity! Thats's the way islam strive!
and if he's wise, he could have removed it, he could notice that even Christian read this and writing something to spite them is not cool, what stopped him from making adjustment??
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Dexema(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2014
Great and inspiring article except for the last paragraph which really dissapointed me.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by HerexG(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2014
maclatunji:

Hahahaha... how sophisticated are you? Let us all hide under the cover of our humanity and say we have advanced technology. How come we cannot explain how the ancient Egyptian pyramids were built?

Never dare the will power and intent of man, it is with this Feat a man would trap himself with explosives and blow up himself or herself, because of some based religious teachings by some clueless monsters.

Human will power and intent is a priceless gift man has, if used positively will yield enormous positive results that's is the great tools the Egyptians us, and if used negatively it will yield disastrous results like that of Boko haram, Al queda, ISIS, Nazi soldier etc.
But is so unfortunate many fails to discover it before their demise
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Toks2008(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by malvisguy212: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Jammy2012: Hmmmm. ... there are some things the christian don't know. I ,as a Muslim can never deny Jesus(PBUH) as a prophet of God with whom God love and mentioned in Qur'an more than the last messenger ,Mohammed (SAW) . I believe Mary to be the most glorious of all women in the Quran. As for me,I believe! May Almighty God forgive you and let you realise you're getting it wrong ameen
yes muslim believe in jesus, but the bible say even the devil believe in him, dos that make him[satan] godly? No. You must confess jesus with in your heart.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by maclatunji: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Mintayo:

Al Baqir did not write the posts.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by AKJA(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2014
TRUTH, MY PEOPLE ARE WONT TO SAY, IS LIKE BULALA (THE CANE ). THOSE WHO NEED/ DESERVE IT MOST LIKE IT THE LEAST.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by malvisguy212: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2014
maclatunji:

Why are you looking for a church?
because satan cannot heal satan,it is only in church you get healing.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by klarke(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2014
THE PREEMINENCE OF CHRIST

Colossians 1:15-20
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
18 And He is the head of the body, the
church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father
that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by malvisguy212: 10:39am On Aug 15, 2014
maclatunji:

Comprehension is a problem with many here. The writer is indeed factual, many people in the western world refuse to believe in God because of how Christians have defined Him which is probably the only concept they know.

a brother name cleanvassel make a thread about islam as a religion in the beginning and how muhammad go against the commandment of allah, before any one could notice it, you delete the thread.why are you guys always hide the truth?
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by lordsilver: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Austindark: maybe am d only one disappointed sha, I was expecting to see the picture of one giant finger......

but seriously d write up long, abi na scrolls una for copy am

is all good tho

You are not alone bro.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by malvisguy212: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2014
Rilwayne001: @,..Op Jazakumallah Kairan.

xtian keep crying as usual grin grin
between christian and muslim who suppose to be crying? An't allah already shown the fate of all muslim if the die were they will go according to quran?you should be crying.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Emmaomotob(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2014
natureblack: So much for religion

The most ridiculous concept ever perpetrated by Homo-sapiens is that the Lord God of creation,sharper and ruler of the Universe,wants the saccharine adoration of his creations,that he can be persuaded by their prayers,and becomes petulant if he does not receive this flattery.Yet this ridiculous notion,without one real shred of evidence to bolster it,has gone on to find one of the oldest,largest and least productive industries in history.

iweak
Then tell me the source UNIVERSE came from,pls try to tell me the source of each source you mention,then you will see you have to Go to infinity to answer the source of every source you mention.The likliest answer to the Infinity question is 'God'
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Rilwayne001: 11:05am On Aug 15, 2014
malvisguy212: between christian and muslim who suppose to be crying?

Muslim will not cry here in this world and the hereafter, but you and your people will cry on the day of judgement when jesus tell you he doesnt know you, by then you will know where your destination is..

malvisguy212: An't allah already shown the fate of all muslim if the die were they will go according to quran?you should be crying.

Surah 21:98-103) Surely you (O mushrikin ) and your deities that you worship besides Allah shall be the fuel of hell; therein you shall all enter (waridoona ). If those deities would have been true gods, they would not have gotten there; but there they shall abide forever. In there, sobbing will be their lot, and they will not be able to hear anything else. Certainly those for whom the good reward from Us has preceded them will be kept far away from it. They shall not hear even its slightest sound, and they shall dwell forever in the midst of whatever their souls desire. The time of Great Terror (Day of Judgement) will not grieve them, and the angels will.receive them with greetings: "This is your Day that you were promised."

Try again...undecided

1 Like

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by malvisguy212: 11:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Muslim will not cry here in this world and the hereafter, but you and your people will cry on the day of judgement when jesus tell you he doesnt know you, by then you will know where your destination is..

Surah 21:98-103) Surely you (O mushrikin ) and your deities that you worship besides Allah shall be the fuel of hell; therein you shall all enter (waridoona ). If those deities would have been true gods, they would not have gotten there; but there they shall abide forever. In there, sobbing will be their lot, and they will not be able to hear anything else. Certainly those for whom the good reward from Us has preceded them will be kept far away from it. They shall not hear even its slightest sound, and they shall dwell forever in the midst of whatever their souls desire. The time of Great Terror (Day of Judgement) will not grieve them, and the angels will.receive them with greetings: "This is your Day that you were promised."

Try again...undecided
According to Sura 19:71 every
Muslim will go to Hell (for at
least some time), while
another passage states that
those who die in Jihad will go
to Paradise immediately.perhaps you should die in jihad.
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
publicenemy: These Muslm Fuucks tryin to promote islam and run down Christianity and the birth of Christ....

Maybe you should try preaching to your terrorists Muslim Brothers first.

Rubbish.
blind fellow
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by Rilwayne001: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2014
malvisguy212: According to Sura 19:71 every
Muslim will go to Hell (for at
least some time), while
another passage states that
those who die in Jihad will go
to Paradise immediately.perhaps you should die in jihad.

Read the below thread and stop displaying your numskull brain here

www.nairaland.com/1808889/muhammad-heaven-hell/2#24824033

1 Like

Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by mindurbiznes: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2014
AlBaqir: HIS FINGERPRINT ON HEAVENS

Dr. Sten Odenwald (Hughes STX) for the NASA writes in response to the above question:
“ If our universe is infinite, then you can still have an infinite number of other separate universes outside it because so far as humans understand infinity, it can accommodate an infinite number of infinite things.

If the universe is finite…like a ball…then you can think of a bunch of coconuts floating in an infinite ocean, and again you end up with the possibility of having an infinite number of finite universes embedded in some vaster kind of space.

Yes there could be other universes out there, but they would be unobservable no matter how old our universe became…even infinitely old!! So, such universes have no meaning to science because there is no experiment we can perform to detect them.”

http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/ask/
a11215.html

“This is the creation of Allah, so show Me that which those besides Him have created.”. ~Quran 31:11

Seven Universes
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by macof(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Sorry, but how does this prove Allah exist?? Who says it's not Obatala or Zeus that is the real consciousness behind the universe.

All the OP is about is that the universe is conscious, or there's a consciousness responsible for it, however telling me that consciousness is Allah - an Arab deity that metamorphosed from an Arab pagan deity of the same name - is ridiculous
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by malvisguy212: 11:59am On Aug 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Read the below thread and stop displaying your numskull brain here

www.nairaland.com/1808889/muhammad-heaven-hell/2#24824033
thread that you abandon,you did not answer the op,
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by macof(m): 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Emmaomotob: Then tell me the source UNIVERSE came from,pls try to tell me the source of each source you mention ,then you will see you have to Go to infinity to answer the source of every source you mention.The likliest answer to the Infinity question is 'God'

Lol you such a hypocrite.

You post the bold and you still conclude a sourceless source.
You case is a classic story of a man who doesn't know the answers but makes up one
Re: The "Fingerprints" Of GOD by dnawah(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bros i hail o!CHRIST is coming soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim Falls To Death In Saudi-Arabia / Guide On How To Slaughter Your Ram On Eid Il Adha / We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.