Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

6 Main Causes Of Liver Damage - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Main Causes Of Liver Damage (836 Views)

The Main Causes Of Liver Damage / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Main Causes Of Liver Damage by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 12, 2014
I just read this on Noble Doctors facebook page so I decided to make my fellow Nigerians aware by posting it here
""The liver plays a vital role in the body by regulating most chemical levels in the blood. It’s involved in many vital roles including cleansing and detoxification processes in the body, and therefore must be in top performance for optimum health.A healthy liver relies on a healthy diet, regular exercise, lots of rest, and avoiding things that can cause liver damage.Too much alcohol consumption is a culprit that has been known to cause extensive liver damage. In addition to this, here are habits that can damage the liver:
1. Too much eating.
Your body needs foods, but too much consumption, especially carbohydrate can cause fatty buildup in yourliver and add to liver dysfunction.
2. Consuming too much preservatives, additives, food colouring, and artificial sweetener.
3. Consuming unhealthy cooking oil.
As much as possible reduce cooking oil when frying, which includes even the best cookingoils like olive oil.
4. Consuming overcooked foods.
Overcooked foods have lots of free radicals (molecules that can cause damage to the body), as well as toxins which then puts the liver under undue pressure to detoxify this built-up toxin.
5. Consuming too much medication.
There are thousands of drugs and chemicals that are capable of causing injury to the liver. Many over the counter (OTC) drugs that people usually consume can do more harm than good on the long run. All medications are processed through the liver to some degree. It is the liver’s job to detoxify substances that are potentially harmful to the body and if it can’t handle it, the toxins will accumulate which will cause damage to the liver cells
.6. Alcohol and Acetaminophen combination:Never take acetaminophen with alcohol. Thecombination is potentially hazardous to yourliver cells. An example of a brand of acetaminophen in the market is Tylenol.Get a very good food supplement that can burst stress cycle, boost immunity, gets youto look younger and makes you strong against malaria, typhoid and other infections""

1 Like

Re: 6 Main Causes Of Liver Damage by Ezedon(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2014
I hope keeping too much girl friends doesnt in any way or by any means cause damage to the liver
Re: 6 Main Causes Of Liver Damage by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2014
Ezedon: I hope keeping too much girl friends doesnt in any way or by any means cause damage to the liver
that's if you're from Liverpool or you are a fan of Liverpool

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: 1 Quarantined, Doctor Placed Under Surveillance In Uyo. / FG Fails Doctors Again!!! / I Could Barely Move From The Stabbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.