Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! (3805 Views)

Arms Deal Probe: Goodluck Jonathan Blasts Prof Sagay / "Probe Goodluck Jonathan Over Arms Deal" - His Ex-Political Adviser Tells Buhari / Where Are Those Jonathan's Snipers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 14, 2014
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, has given the National Human Rights Commission a 14-day ultimatum to investigate an alleged violation of the rights of an accredited observer, Mr. Lanre Suraj, by masked snipers during the governorship election in Osun State.

Falana, in a petition dated August 12, 2014, threatened to sue the NHRC if it failed to investigate the the violation of Suraj’s rights during the August 9 election.

The SAN said his client was “brutally assaulted by a gang of snipers without any justification” while monitoring the election in Osogbo, the Osun State capital.

The petition, which was addressed to the Executive Secretary of the commission was entitled, ‘Request for investigation of the abuse of our client’s fundamental rights by snipers during the Osun State governorship election held on August 9, 2014’.

Falana said Suraj, who is also the national coordinator of a non-governmental organisation, the Human and Environmental Development Agenda, was accredited as an election observer by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

He added however that Suraj could not identify any of the “snipers” who assaulted him because they were masked.

According to Falana, his client also witnessed how the snipers violated other innocent persons’ rights on the day of the election.

He said that his request for the recording of the “criminal activities of the official terrorists” was rejected by the police.

The petition read, “We are counsel for Mr. Lanre Suraj, the national co-ordinator of the Human and Environmental Development Agenda, a non-governmental organisation on whose behalf and instructions we write this letter.

“Our client was duly accredited by INEC to monitor the Osun State gubernatorial election which held on Saturday, August 9, 2014.

“In the course of monitoring the said election at Osogbo, Osun state, our client was brutally assaulted by a gang of snipers without any justification.

“As the snipers were allowed to wear masks our client was unable to identify any of them. Our client also witnessed the harassment and intimidation of other innocent people by the snipers. “However, our client’s request to the police to record the criminal activities of the official terrorists was turned down.

“Having confirmed that the masked persons are not members of any of the security agencies in the country, we hereby request the NHRC to investigate their involvement in the Osun State governorship election and the brutalisation of our client by the extra-legal security outfit.

“More so, that the Federal Government had vehemently denied knowledge of the existence of snipers in the country.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/falana-seeks-probe-of-snipers-for-rights-violation/

Opinion
Finally, GEJ has succeeded in proving right Obasanjo’s allegation that hundreds of snipers are been trained against 2015. If Omisore could have Ninja, masked men, as security personnel without the Federal govt calling him to order....2015 can be best imagined!

Websters Dictionary Full Definition of a Sniper:
To shoot at exposed indiividuals from usually a concealed point vantage....... Intransitive Verb.

Please all pro Gej commentators do the needful and get an education!

8 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by brownlord: 3:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Obasanjo's letter comes to mind.

9 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by ROCKJ1(m): 6:09am On Aug 14, 2014
Check the meaning of Sniper in the dictionary... it's important.

12 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by kkkp: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2014
D clueless retardeen is power drunk and wicked

5 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 14, 2014
So just because anybody wearing masks attacks people, these masked fellows are now regarded Jonathan's masked Snipers? Any man can wear a mask (a face mask is even cheap in the market) so as to conceal his identity especially when he/she wishes to carry out an activity and he doesn't want recognition. Did they see GEJ training masked snipers? Where are the proofs, who are the masked men, did they refer to themselves as GEJ's boys? Did GEJ say he trained snipers? The last time I checked, even thieves wears masks, even children in amusement parks or people going for carnival could use some form of facial covering which is still referred to as a mask. A sniper isn't seen (snipe means to shoot from a hiding place) because he/she shoots from a concealed place. So their allegation is silly. Those saying GEJ is the mastermind of the attack should bring evidence linking GEJ to the masked fellows or they should be sued for making false allegation and character assassination of the person of GEJ. (I have no affiliation whatsoever with GEJ, I am not in support of any attacks, and I am not a PDP worshipper so quote me with that in mind).

15 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 14, 2014
And so? Secret Services the world over sometimes use mask especially on special duties. what's this fuss about DSS having masked agents. If Mr Falana has run out of cash doing charge "n" bail, he better join his colleagues in collecting house rent for landlords. what nonsense undecided

16 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by PassingShot(m): 6:49am On Aug 14, 2014
I support Falana on this. The last thing we need in our polity is to start this trend of using masked men to intimidate and harass electorates during election all in the name of providing security.

10 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Collynz0II: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2014
Yorubas are very funny.
Snipers indeed

11 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Omexonomy: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2014
ROCKJ1: Check the meaning of Sniper in the dictionary... it's important.
Yoruba people are the problem we are having in nigeria. It is either the mumu SAN does not know the meaning of sniper or obj does not know the meaning b4 using it.

19 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Omexonomy: Yoruba people are the problem we are having in nigeria. It is either the mumu SAN does not know the meaning of sniper or obj does not know the meaning b4 using it.
SHaaarrrraaaap your silly stinking garbage bin you call a mouth. How dare you rascal just conclude Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Collynz0II: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2014
With all the snipers Jonathan has, no one has been killled yet.
Those snipers must be really ineffective.

17 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Collynz0II: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike:
SHaaarrrraaaap your silly stinking garbage bin you call a mouth. How dare you rascal just conclude Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria?
Google informed him, you can check it out yourself.
Just type ''Yorubas are'' in google and see what happens.

10 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Collynz0II: Google informed him, you can check it out yourself.

So you want me to believe in a search engine where people come to search. Can I tell you that if 5million people typed 'collynz0II is a thief' on google and hit the enter button, when a neutral person comes online and type 'collynz0II' it will show up its recent search which is 'Collynz0II is a thief' even when the person hasn't hit the send button?

My brother don't let recent or most searched items on google.com fool or mislead you.

2 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by jfking2005(m): 7:20am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike: So just because anybody wearing masks attacks people, these masked fellows are now regarded Jonathan's masked Snipers? Any man can wear a mask (a face mask is even cheap in the market) so as to conceal his identity especially when he/she wishes to carry out an activity and he doesn't want recognition. Did they see GEJ training masked snipers? Where are the proofs, who are the masked men, did they refer to themselves as GEJ's boys? Did GEJ say he trained snipers? The last time I checked, even thieves wears masks, even children in amusement parks or people going for carnival could use some form of facial covering which is still referred to as a mask. A sniper isn't seen (snipe means to shoot from a hiding place) because he/she shoots from a concealed place. So their allegation is silly. Those saying GEJ is the mastermind of the attack should bring evidence linking GEJ to the masked fellows or they should be sued for making false allegation and character assassination of the person of GEJ. (I have no affiliation whatsoever with GEJ, I am not in support of any attacks, and I am not a PDP worshipper so quote me with that in mind).

You are a grown up man and i believe you are not a baby.
please mention any democractic country in the world where securities that are available to secure the life and properties and to prevent violent during election processes are wearing mask?
We talk as if we dont know exactly what is right from what is wrong..
If you love a man or his process of governance, then when you feel something/a process is wrong, i believe it is right to point it out.
in as much as he is trying to seucre the life and prevent violence then he should use the right security mode approved by constitution but not mask security men.

7 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike: So just because anybody wearing masks attacks people, these masked fellows are now regarded Jonathan's masked Snipers? Any man can wear a mask (a face mask is even cheap in the market) so as to conceal his identity especially when he/she wishes to carry out an activity and he doesn't want recognition. Did they see GEJ training masked snipers? Where are the proofs, who are the masked men, did they refer to themselves as GEJ's boys? Did GEJ say he trained snipers? The last time I checked, even thieves wears masks, even children in amusement parks or people going for carnival could use some form of facial covering which is still referred to as a mask. A sniper isn't seen (snipe means to shoot from a hiding place) because he/she shoots from a concealed place. So their allegation is silly. Those saying GEJ is the mastermind of the attack should bring evidence linking GEJ to the masked fellows or they should be sued for making false allegation and character assassination of the person of GEJ. (I have no affiliation whatsoever with GEJ, I am not in support of any attacks, and I am not a PDP worshipper so quote me with that in mind).

This is a democracy not a totalitarian state where security men are above the law.

9 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Omexonomy: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike:
mumu. Ask OBJ or The mumu SAN to define sniper

7 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Omexonomy: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike:
mumu. Ask OBJ or The mumu SAN to define sniper. I insist Yoruba are the problem of nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Collynz0II: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike:

So you want me to believe in a search engine where people come to search. Can I tell you that if 5million people typed 'collynz0II is a thief' on google and hit the enter button, when a neutral person comes online and type 'collynz0II' it will show up its recent search which is 'Collynz0II is a thief' even when the person hasn't hit the send button?

My brother don't let recent or most searched items on google.com fool or mislead you.
There is a reason why so many people would have typed such a thing on the internet in the first place.

8 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2014
jfking2005:

You are a grown up man and i believe you are not a baby.
please mention any democractic country in the world where securities that are available to secure the life and properties and to prevent violent during election processes are wearing mask?
We talk as if we dont know exactly what is right from what is wrong..
If you love a man or his process of governance, then when you feel something/a process is wrong, i believe it is right to point it out.
in as much as he is trying to seucre the life and prevent violence then he should use the right security mode approved by constitution but not mask security men.
apparently, you didn't read and understand the article. The report said 'masked snipers'. The report didn't in anyway say 'masked security officers' anyone could wear a mask. (Appologies to my muslim fellows, but even some muslim women wear a covering to conceal their face and that too is a mask and it doesnt make them snipers) so anyone can wear a mask.

9 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2014
impromptu: Why should a Soldier man wear mask if there are no sinister moves.

Go read the article S L O W L Y, assimilate and understand it and come tell me if you saw masked soldiers.

8 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 14, 2014
Collynz0II:
There is a reason why so many people would have typed such a thing on the internet in the first place.
Most folks in Europe and America haven't been to Africa, yet they type Africa is poor, uncivilized, corrupt, most fellas there even think Nigeria is nothing but a weed country where people live in caves and on trees. When they type these on google, it saves it as recent searches so as to quickly return related search keywords. A lot of people do these out of sheer ignorance, hatred, and racism or to play pranks.
Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by smallJagaban: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2014
OBASANJO DOESN'T TALK AIMLESSLY.

GEJ IS A FAILURE

5 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Collynz0II: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2014
lomomike:
Most folks in Europe and America haven't been to Africa, yet they type Africa is poor, uncivilized, corrupt, most fellas there even think Nigeria is nothing but a weed country where people live in caves and on trees. When they type these on google, it saves it as recent searches so as to quickly return related search keywords. A lot of people do these out of sheer ignorance, hatred, and racism or to play pranks.
My friend I know how google and search engines in general work, your tutorial isn't needed at all.
The results you get on google aren't entirely because of the popular searches, but also contents of different websites on the internet on the same subject.
Most of what you get there are true to a large extent.

3 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by lilprinze: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2014
kia dis Femi Falana, iz a big fool i wonder d skul he finished frm he does nt even knw d meaning of snipers. Snipers r highly trained marksmen who operates alone, in a pair, to maintain close visual contact with the enemy and engage targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the detection
capabilities of enemy personnel. Snipers dnt torture ppl dy kill ppl . We need to stp electing uneducated foolz as our leaders in diz country .

14 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by smallJagaban: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Collynz0II: Google informed him, you can check it out yourself.

IT'S YOUR GULLIBLE PEOPLE THAT PUT SUCH WORDS IN GOOGLE SEARCH MACHINE.

SO PUT MORE EFFORT

3 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by bokoslayer: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2014
Collynz0II: With all the snipers Jonathan has, no one has been killled yet.
Those snipers must really ineffective.

lol. I don't understand why my Yoruba family behaves like this. Why people no go call us illiterates when we can't even use the word 'sniper' in the right parlance. I know it is part of our deceitful ways to sometimes act ignorant intentionally when we want to spread propaganda - that's what the APC brought to the southwest and it's disheartening that even the most educated amongst us have caught this bug.

As for Femi Falana, he is a proper disgrace but I'd forgive him for this, even the best hands do have their 'off days'. This is one of those days.

12 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by talktimi(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2014
undecided So even Femi Falana is an illiterate ? Chai !!! Obj see wetin you don cause

9 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2014
talktimi: undecided So even Femi Falana is an illiterate ? Chai !!! Obj see wetin you don cause

Yes an illiterate who rescued Clara from Chime.....better than dishonorable Bipi who you people adore in Rivers...or the thug who could not end Asup strike in 13 months that a retired principal ended in 24 hours!....... I would rather give birth to a Falana than your admired leaders!

3 Likes

Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by Habakus: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2014
I totally support Falana on this.
They should be investigated,and Nigerians should know who authorized them and on what platform/office/portfolio they operate/d- be they snipers or not.

A society like this(Nigeria),such trends of using masked men as public securities should be utterly discouraged and condemned because of tendencies to use such to abuse,intimidate or terrorize other people.
Re: Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! by jmaine: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2014
Falana doesn't even know the correct definition of a "sniper" . . . . . . *smh*

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s Sickness Grounds APC Campaign, Osinbajo In The Dark, Campaign Worried O / Biafra Tv To Launch In 48 Hours, Biafran Herald {biafran Newspaper} Is Out / Niger Delta And Biafrans Lets Keep Calm Diezani Madueke Is Fine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.