Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) (11906 Views)

Niyola Strips To Her Pant And Bra For A Magazine (Photo) / Pregnant Omawumi & Daughter Grace TW Magazine(photo) / Femi Otedola On The Cover Of Forbes Africa Magazine (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
frankben: grin grin grin. Na question wey i ask you na......

Eh??..
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
scribble:

Nairaland...we thought the world to copy
tell 'em
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
glitest:

Eh??..
since you don't wanna answer, i've placed my cctv camera on you grin. Check your followers
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

for ur info, I didn't copy and paste. most of my articles are my own initiations .u think I would have started this thread if I had copied the article?

that most people copy and paste doesn't mean everybody does .

I even went extra mile to look for Kenneth okonkwos ex wife pic.

ohkay, sorry for dat....that's a good way to start.....but it had been published on a blog of yours...it might be easier...but that does not stop you from trying...!!!
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
frankben: since you don't wanna answer, i've placed my cctv camera on you grin. Check your followers

Hmmm!!!....Good luck with that
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
smiley
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by akpanikpe(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Am very sure all the other topics on the fp of the magazine is copy write too. Smh for them.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by TOYNEX(f): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
sue them? dat can only work if u will work along with the platform owner I.e. Seun, he owns the platform from where they copy and NL is copyrighted... but to sue alone .... I doubt d success
and besides.. the faster the better... delay defeats equity...
just my 2cent
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by hushmail: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
d guy no get case, na NL get case.

Bt i advice him to consult a lawyer asap
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by TOYNEX(f): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
hushmail: d guy no get case, na NL get case.

Disclaimer : Every Nairaland member is solely
responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads
on Nairaland.

you no see this abi? so na now Wey e Don b money matter NL con get case?
@Op, considering dat seun don get SAN for here, wait till he win d case den sue him

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by mekaboy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lol, if the op is sure of what he is saying he won't even be taking on NL. We will be talking about updates on court case. Unable think say unable need money pass am.?
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by amiskurie(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala: I just saw the cover of the Icon Weekly Magazine featuring my article which I first wrote and published here on Nairaland on the 30th of June.

The article centred on 30 divorced cases that shook Nollywood and it made front page with over 50,500 views.

Icon Weekly Magazine just copied my well written article in their August edition. I doubt if they gave credit to me as the writer or to Nairaland as the platform through which other bloggers copied the article.

Meanwhile, below is the link to the article am talking about here on Nairaland:

https://www.nairaland.com/1793645/divorced-cases-shook-nollywood-photos#24373431
I just hope the celebrities sue u too
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Blackteeth(m): 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sue them this, sue them that. Na so poverty grip Nigerians?
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by barrymoagua: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
smiley
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
You'd only be wasting your time and money if you sue them.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by tandj: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by ignis: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Op, sue them and demand for 500 Million Naira Damages.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by mencade5(m): 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
enemies don remove the thread from frontpage ooo.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by TOYNEX(f): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
hushmail: d guy no get case, na NL get case.

Disclaimer : Every Nairaland member is solely
responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads
on Nairaland.

you no see this abi? so na now Wey e Don b money matter NL con get case?
@Op, considering dat seun don get SAN for here, wait till he win d case den sue him
Hayjaycity: bro, you can't sue dem a dime, because you didn't include .'no part of this publication maybe republished without due aithorisation bla bla bla bla.... you too copied and parted it here nah from somewhere.....sheyb ur assignment for school too na copy and paste stuff we dey run for school days nah....no waste you lil change o, and don't mind dose wey tell you too sue o..., because na waste of time....your article is not an intellectual material!!!!as you free to visit your Nairaland to be informed, dats how others too come for info....shey u hear!!!! a word is enough.....
small thing... na just to modify the post na... but magazine Wey dem don published, them no fit edit *** grins*** ear to ear
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by LadyH(f): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why did this leave fp??
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by hushmail: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
chei... B like d legal tussle don start

dis topic don disappear from FP

bt wetin concern me
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by RebelLeader15(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
sauceEEP: The same soft sell magazine that accused 2face of impregnating his account officer.
2Baba the Destroyer aka.2FACE IDICKSON
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by hushmail: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
I advice any NL wey want b witness 4 case to quick quick download and save this page

as i dey see am efit disappqer just as FP own disappear
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Abbott(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
@ All: You should not advice on something you know absolutely nothing about.
@ lalasticlala Make sure you do not attempt to write them yourself...get a lawyer to do that for you.
You don't have to sue them but you can get an acknowledgement payment and letter of apology from them with a undertaking to include a corrigendum in their next printed edition and also online.
You can in addition to the above, become a guest contributor or a column editor, this can be negotiated with them.
You can transfer your copyright in the article to them, outrightly, for a fee of course.
You can always sue them but be sure to get a good lawyer.

@ All The position on copyright in Nigeria is as follows:
A work is protected by copyright if and only if it is original and expressed in a definable medium of expression. (That is all you need to know) s. 1 NCA 2004
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by mencade5(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
lala na you make them remove this topic from frontpage? Abi the magazine people don settle you? Abeg gist us. Hw far.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Dreyl(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
mencade5: you are right bro.
That is why i have stop creating topics in romance section. Most of my topics are my own idea and i believe someone somewhere is eating from my sweat without giving me kobo.

Seun should license all the threads in nairaland fiction or real, stale or juicy, we must be protected. There was a time i heard my topic being discussed in a radio programme in abuja, i just shake my mind.

We spend money to buy megabytes or gigabytes to upload such topic. We think greatly with our brain to create this topic, why cant we benefit from our sweat?

I once had a conversation with someone here, and the person actually testify how we have been blessing them with our post, commemts and threads in nairaland. I have met quite a number of people physically who visits nairaland, and each time i introduce myself as ''mencade5'' they will burst into laughter in disbelief because of the impact i made here jokingly and otherwise they strongly appreciate my wokj and that of many people here.. Dont think people dont recognise your work. We are all celebrities in the sight of millions of nigerians.

#protect our work seun, some of us may sound like clowns but we are great poeple here in nairaland.
spot on!
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by egopersonified(f): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

d pics where from goggle.

anyway I don't know how to reach them

My dear Lala, though I have always(and always will) teased you about yr threads making fp, I always knew they were fp worthy. I always thought u copied and pasted but i'm just discovering you dont. In this life, we have to take chances and know we did our best. I dont know what u do presently but pls open yr eyes and see beyond what everyone else sees. If u are able to contact them, just go along with a lawyer and a laptop and negotiate for a pay or freelance job. If u sue, u ll be in court for donkey years. If at the end nothing comes of it, dust yourself up and start applying for jobs related to this, always go with your laptop. U can walk into anywhere even if they didnt advertise for. U can also make money online just writing. And most important of all, pls, pls,pls,plssssss,oh, start your own blog or something online. See linda ikeji today. Pls I want to come back online in five years from now and hear of one lalasticlala as i'm hearing about linda ikeji now. Lots of love and all the best.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by lalasticlala(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
egopersonified:

My dear Lala, though I have always(and always will) teased you about yr threads making fp, I always knew they were fp worthy. I always thought u copied and pasted but i'm just discovering you dont. In this life, we have to take chances and know we did our best. I dont know what u do presently but pls open yr eyes and see beyond what everyone else sees. If u are able to contact them, just go along with a lawyer and a laptop and negotiate for a pay or freelance job. If u sue, u ll be in court for donkey years. If at the end nothing comes of it, dust yourself up and start applying for jobs related to this, always go with your laptop. U can walk into anywhere even if they didnt advertise for. U can also make money online just writing. And most important of all, pls, pls,pls,plssssss,oh, start your own blog or something online. See linda ikeji today. Pls I want to come back online in five years from now and hear of one lalasticlala as i'm hearing about linda ikeji now. Lots of love and all the best.

thank 4 d encouragement

anyway, my main aim of creating this thread wasn't to sue or embarrass them but to let fellow nairalanders know what really happened so that they wouldn't think I copied the article from Icon Weekly.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by ACM10: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
egopersonified:

Lalasticlala,

Pls consider this advice. Nigerian judiciary is not yet matured to deliver a timely judgement on a case like this one. Suing them might be too expensive for you. Try to extract some concessions from them. Above all, start a blog like Linda Ikeji. I have confidence in your ability to succeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lemar Obika Dies In Skiing Accident (Hoax) / Hajia Kudirat Flaunting Her Body In Hot Pants & Bra After Breaking Her Fasting! / Hottest Bachelors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.