Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) (11907 Views)

Niyola Strips To Her Pant And Bra For A Magazine (Photo) / Pregnant Omawumi & Daughter Grace TW Magazine(photo) / Femi Otedola On The Cover Of Forbes Africa Magazine (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by sauceEEP(m): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2014
The same soft sell magazine that accused 2face of impregnating his account officer.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2014
teeo:

Okay I hear grin

Go and edit your post. That's the sensible thing to do!
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Firefire(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

it was originally mine. I wrote d article myself , I did d research myself, if u have been reading my posts on Nairaland, u would have noticed that 80% of my articles are written by me.
if I wasn't d originator of d article, I wouldn't have bothered at all.

I would recommend you check the details of their own write-ups and not only the front page caption.

Then, you can take further step(s)

Goodluck!
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
The thing is the person that copy your work on nairaland will still be here looking for other threads to copy, he or she will still come across this thread @op don't be surprise if they contact you few days later
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by MaziOmenuko: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

thanks. will try to reach them

Good. Unless your phone has a call-record app, its better you communicate thru mails and always for reference purposes. Send a mail to their address and copy it to xxxChambers@gmail.com make dem know say one barrister for that chambers is monitoring the conversation (u know wat I mean).
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 14, 2014
SeaGold:

Go and edit your post. That's the sensible thing to do!

Why do you sound so familiar undecided
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by moscobabs(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2014
before u sue them,ask seun if he has not collected anything from them
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Atmmachine(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Don't let them catch you because you are the original plagiarius grin grin grin grin
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Ofyyou don't sue dem for plagiarism.. I'll sue you for bringing my attention to it angry
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2014
I can recommend a good lawyer...
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2014
teeo:

Why do you sound so familiar undecided

Cos I know where u pick your hate from
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by linearity: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2014
onihaxy: Sue them for wetin. Does he has a copyright for it?. Or does nairaland has a copyright for his writers on this forum?. Try your luck sha.

One of the dullest bulbs in the room. Copyright is not like patent or trademark that you have to apply for or register.

Even unregistered patents and trademarks have common law protection albeit weak compare to registered ones that have statutory protections.

His work is automatically protected i.e. If he can prove that it is his work, it is the law that makes it illegal when you copy a Nollywood DVD.

The only caveat here is that, I think Seun or Nairaland might have a better claim against the magazine compare to the OP...if you read Nairaland disclaimers when you signed up for your account and when you were posting the article, you will notice that, you willingly gave up some of your rights immediately you hit the submit button.

The other argument is, the OP's work might not be deemed original since the pictures were not taken by him and he did not obtain the consent of the people...but since the pictures appeared on a latter post and not the post with the article, the OP can argument that, the pictures are not part if his work and his case will be stronger.

In any case, the OP should pursue this case, he should not let it go, buy several copies of the magazine, read up on Nigeria laws regarding copyright, read up all Nairaland's disclosure and terms then contact icon magazine and see what they say....make sure to download and locally store your old nairaland article with dates, blogs, plus your other works...take screen shots, download the pages/blog, there are many free app online you can use to download websites to your hard drive....you do not want to leave your evidence under the control of someone else, even if you trust them to show up, when you critically need the evidence...

2 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by xtervaganza(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2014
codedflowz:
Sue their F*cking Asssangry

hmmmmm f#cking asssss

You f#ck asss?
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Itoroetti(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

imagine, they just copied the article verbatim. and other blogs that carried it recently gave the credit to Icon Weekly Mag

u can sue them.not recieved ur mail for a while.wat abt our discussion
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by ACM10: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
slap1: OP modify that post of yours and put a disclaimer. Then call the editor of the mag and report the issue. If s/he says what you don't want to hear, SUE FOR INTELLECTUAL THEFT!

Too late. . .they have the screenshot of the said article already. Basing his argument on that will make him appear dishonest and this will give the defense team a much needed escape route to argue for the case to be thrown out. The writer should just sue Icon weekly for straightforward plagiarism, link his true identity to his online identity, then argue based on that. This should serve as a lesson to other posters here. Always protect your post. Some lazy journalists are lurking around to feed fat on your intellect.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by BotherMleeper(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
You can't sue them, whatever you post on nairaland belongs to seun.

Law of blogs.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by tdayof(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
moscobabs: before u sue them,ask seun if he has not collected anything from them
shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
SeaGold:

Cos I know where u pick your hate from

Trust me I don't hate. What's there to hate online
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by shegeblend(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
why is our society so delighting in cheating, injustice, corruptions etc.why?
what are the products of your parent-ship, what?
are you parent enough?
are meeting your responsibilities as parent?
then why is our society is fill our all these ungodly behaviors.
We parent must rise up to our responsibility to make sure that my family is not producing bad apple into the society and for our own children to have a better tomorrow.
thanks
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Opiosko: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sue them my azz
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by mencade5(m): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
Meldrick: These days we have very lazy journalist. All they do is copy the work other people did. They lack creativity and update the covers of their magazine with stale news or copyright works. The worst of them are these bloggers. They just lift write-ups from other blogs withour editing and paste on their blog, claiming credit for the job.

i have known ICON MAGAZINE to be made up of a lazy team. I first read the article on Nairaland and surprisingly saw it on Icon magazine. Shame on the management.

MANAGING EDITOR
Julius Akpovire

ONLINE EDITOR
Chim Obioha

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Victor Okeghene

GENERAL INFORMATION AND INQUIRIES
66, Ijaiye Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

Tel: +234-80………………..; +234-8021333330,

Email: iconweekly@yahoo.com; iconweeklyonline@gmail.com
you are right bro.
That is why i have stop creating topics in romance section. Most of my topics are my own idea and i believe someone somewhere is eating from my sweat without giving me kobo.

Seun should license all the threads in nairaland fiction or real, stale or juicy, we must be protected. There was a time i heard my topic being discussed in a radio programme in abuja, i just shake my mind.

We spend money to buy megabytes or gigabytes to upload such topic. We think greatly with our brain to create this topic, why cant we benefit from our sweat?

I once had a conversation with someone here, and the person actually testify how we have been blessing them with our post, commemts and threads in nairaland. I have met quite a number of people physically who visits nairaland, and each time i introduce myself as ''mencade5'' they will burst into laughter in disbelief because of the impact i made here jokingly and otherwise they strongly appreciate my wokj and that of many people here.. Dont think people dont recognise your work. We are all celebrities in the sight of millions of nigerians.

#protect our work seun, some of us may sound like clowns but we are great poeple here in nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by lalasticlala(m): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Firefire:

I would recommend you check the details of their own write-ups and not only the front page caption.

Then, you can take further step(s)

Goodluck!

thank u

pls follow this link below

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/28455/35/top-30-marriage-crashes-that-shook-nollywood.html

the website copied the content from them and gave the credit to Icon Weekly. They pasted it on 11th August.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by abbeyberry(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
If you're the researcher/originator of the post in its entirety ; buy 10copies ,get a lawyer and sue them
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by mencade5(m): 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

thank u

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/28455/35/top-30-marriage-crashes-that-shook-nollywood.html

the website copied the content from them and gave the credit to Icon Weekly. They pasted it on 11th August.
haba! Nigeria why na?
Look how they copies everything word for word and they acknowledge the fvcking magazine.

Lala, for the sake of all nairalanders, you must sue them. If you do not then you will let our guard down.

To add: abeg help me check that magazine whether you see any story that has to do with bashing of naija ladies. I need to make money from my own thread too. Thank you
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
frankben: Sue them..... Na your chance to hammer be this o shocked
Omg!! this is freaking hilarious! nairalanders are sooo funny
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by nduchucks: 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
@OP, the only thing the author of the article in Icon Weekly Magazine is guilty of is plagiarism.

(1) Plagiarism is not a crime.
(2) The material you posted on NL was not copyrighted by you
(3) You really have no case
(4) If you take them to court, expect a countersuit which will accuse you of stealing the material from the author before they published the article. cheesy
(5) If you no get moni to spend on lawyers, just put your hand for chin and remember say, diaris god o.

nwanne m, ndo o.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by GodMode: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
NairaMode:

He doesn't have to put a (c) or "do not copy". He did not envisage such to happen. Does not really matter SEF.

What matters is that it is morally wrong and more importantly against media ethics to copy and produce what is not originally yours except by the express consent of the writer/ Owner.

Nigerians don't know the law. Anything anyone writes creatively is his/her work. They don't need copyright to defend it.

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by joe17: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
shocked grin
moscobabs: before u sue them,ask seun if he has not collected anything from them
grin
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by adeokunade: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
All of u dey say sue them, u no ask Seun if he don collect money from Icon Magazine? Beside we don't use our real name on Nairaland, are u going to sue them with your moniker?
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Firefire(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

thank u

I check that link you provided; nigeriafilms.com gave credit to Icon Weekly. I can see that your post is copied precisely.

Kindly contact them and let both of you settle the case amicable or otherwise if they want.

What they have done is plagiarism.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
http:///h5958L

sad God will punish those that is due for punishment. sad
[url]ginimaxtechnology.com.ng[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hajia Kudirat Flaunting Her Body In Hot Pants & Bra After Breaking Her Fasting! / Hottest Bachelors In Nigeria / Charly Boy And Denrele Caught Cuddling Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.