Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) (11910 Views)

Niyola Strips To Her Pant And Bra For A Magazine (Photo) / Pregnant Omawumi & Daughter Grace TW Magazine(photo) / Femi Otedola On The Cover Of Forbes Africa Magazine (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Aida13: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2014
This is abject plagiarism grin grin Good on you for calling them out. At least the same way they found your article, they'll find this exposé. Shame on these lazy journalists of nowadays!! At least credit it to the original author for goodness' sake!!

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by lalasticlala(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2014
rozzay: Eeeehya sowy hun. Take heart its a norm in naija but am sure deyll c dis post now nd maybe call u for appraisal
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by johnahmed: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.Forupgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by lalasticlala(m): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Aida13: This is abject plagiarism grin grin Good on you for calling them out. At least the same way they found your article, they'll find this exposé. Shame on these lazy journalists of nowadays!! At least credit it to the original author for goodness' sake!!

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by nerodenero: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Maybe Seun can do alot in this regard.He should look into this.My opinion sha!

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
JadeWilliam:

My dear, so many companies&their reps visit Nairaland.U don't knw how big dis forum is.

I remember a tym I started a thread saying Access Bank was fraudulently charging customers #200 monthly calling it account maintenance fee eventhough it wasn't my salary account&u can imagine collecting 200 naira frm ova 1 million customers monthly.

So many ppl voiced their disgust ova dat fee&threatened 2close d accounts they had wit access bank.U won't believe; d nxt mth,they send me a txt dat they hav cancelled d maintenance fee charge&encouraged me 2keep using my account.

Also there was a tym someone started a thread abt Golden morn not suitable 4children below 3yrs whch was then written boldly on d pack of golden morn. Later on da tyear,Nestle had 2reproduce&rebrand golden morn,removing d stuff they wrote on d pack of it not 2b given 2children below 3yrs&their rep even cam 2Nairaland 2dispute that its not suitable 4children below 3yrs.

All in all.God bless Nairaland&may all d evil hackers not destroy Nairaland forum as it brings Nigerians all ova d world

good to know

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2014
Sunkyphil: dnt quote me again,link ko blink ni

*Face palm*

Quit hating. sad

2 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by slap1(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2014
OP modify that post of yours and put a disclaimer. Then call the editor of the mag and report the issue. If s/he says what you don't want to hear, SUE FOR INTELLECTUAL THEFT!

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by xwolverine: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

d pics where from goggle.

anyway I don't know how to reach them

ICONWEEKLY details from their website

66, Ijaiye Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

Tel: +234-8021333330,
Email: iconweekly@yahoo.com; iconweeklyonline@gmail.com

6 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by daveP(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2014
utumunta: Nairaland is a 'copy and paste' forum. How are we sure that the article is originally yours?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by oladayo042: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2014
God don butter your daily bread. You better go and start pricing land in Banana Island.

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by xwolverine: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2014
slap1: OP modify that post of yours and put a disclaimer. Then call the editor of the mag and report the issue. If s/he says what you don't want to hear, SUE FOR INTELLECTUAL THEFT!

Good advice and record every conversation you have with them on the phone. Install a call recording app, and try to make them apologise for the theft on record, then force them to publish a rejoinder in a popular daily admitting the theft. All these will help your case should it get to the courts.

2 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2014
Bertbert: Did you put (c). Or warn against copying your work? ....anway a lawyer will advice you more. Goodluck

He doesn't have to put a (c) or "do not copy". He did not envisage such to happen. Does not really matter SEF.

What matters is that it is morally wrong and more importantly against media ethics to copy and produce what is not originally yours except by the express consent of the Writer/ Owner.

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by StealthyMe(m): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2014
Meet with a lawyer and see what can be done in terms of settlement..monetarily or otherwise undecided
Then next time you write an article of yours,try to add a caveat or copyright it forestalling future copying & pasting without proper credit.

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by daveP(m): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2014
OgBetty: I dnt tink u can sue since ur write-up did nt follow d proper copyright registratn
better person dey talk. Pls explain better. But its still theft overall. This has got to stop.
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Sunkyphil(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

*Face palm*

Quit hating. sad
angry anoda teen
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by DJDOLA(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2014
francawilson: So many bloggers&on air personells visit Nairaland.I can bet dat.

There's dis radio show I used 2listen to evry morning.Most of their topics are exactly what u c on Nairaland's Celebrity section a day b4.When I mean evrythng on d 1st page.

I also recall one day lik dat wen a topic hit Nairaland's frontpage.The topic was "What makes the towel dirty if u shower very well". Nxt it was d topic of discussion on WAZOBIA FM Abuja&i said "I don catch una 2day.Copy copy!

@op,don't sue dem.Just b proud of a well written article worth copying cos its not plagism because it was published or copy write protected,

Just d way ppl listen 2news&bring d info whch they heard on d news 2Nairaland,dats d way it is on Nairaland too.Anybody can copy anythng freely.
all wazobia/naijainfo and coolfm crew are NAIRALAND member...especially dat manny and d yeye angels

4 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Op when you did your research and came up with your work, did you credit your sources?

You can't claim the work is yours, can you do that legally?

The only person that can lay claim to compensation is Seun Osewa. The publishers were suppose to credit their work to Nairaland but since it is an electronic platform, they considered it extensive research otherwise it should have read "culled from nairaland" if it was suppose to be another print publication.

Anyway, I understand how you feel. Imagine the profit they will make from that "gossip" news. Get in contact with the editor sharply and demand compensation if truly you don't work for that publication firm.

You came across like a journalist that write for all this soft sell gossip magazines.

*My Post is the subject of my own imagination and in no way infringe on peoples right of opinion. Any bias rebuttals shall be challenged accordingly*grin

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by daveP(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2014
francawilson: So many bloggers&on air personells visit Nairaland.I can bet dat.

There's dis radio show I used 2listen to evry morning.Most of their topics are exactly what u c on Nairaland's Celebrity section a day b4.When I mean evrythng on d 1st page.

I also recall one day lik dat wen a topic hit Nairaland's frontpage.The topic was "What makes the towel dirty if u shower very well". Nxt it was d topic of discussion on WAZOBIA FM Abuja&i said "I don catch una 2day.Copy copy!

@op,don't sue dem.Just b proud of a well written article worth copying cos its not plagism because it was published or copy write protected,

Just d way ppl listen 2news&bring d info whch they heard on d news 2Nairaland,dats d way it is on Nairaland too.Anybody can copy anythng freely.
they are all guilty thru d week, ive caught 20/ 20 topics.
Punch newspaper does some too, but they give the credit to Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by lalasticlala(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2014
xwolverine:

ICONWEEKLY details from their website

Tel: +234-8021333330,

thanks. will try to reach them

2 Likes

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2014
SeaGold: Op when you did your research and came up with your work, did you credit your sources?

You can't claim the work is yours, can you do that legally?

The only person that can lay claim to compensation is Seun Osewa. The publishers were suppose to credit their work to Nairaland but since it is an electronic platform, they considered it extensive research otherwise it should have read "culled from nairaland" if it was suppose to be another print publication.

Anyway, I understand how you feel. Imagine the profit they will make from that "gossip" news. Get in contact with the editor sharply and demand compensation if truly you don't work for that publication firm.

You came across like a journalist that write for all this soft sell gossip magazines.

*My Post is the subject of my own imagination and in no way infringe on peoples right of opinion. Any bias rebuttals shall be challenged accordingly*grin

And the mumu just arrived
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

honestly I don't know.

but I think Egopersonified contribution above is s nice one

nice revelation...

u should seek advice from legal practitioners.. any at all.we've got them in here too...mayb EGO.p can give more advice on that...

another important thing...u need to contact the editors nd reveal this to them..u can get their contacts from the magazine...

if u gonna take any legal action at all ..u need advice from ur lawyer...

u may not go to court but both parties can come to an agreement which must sure be in your favor...

gracias

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by mitchyy(f): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2014
Icon Weekly in the news again. There were recently sued for publishing a story accusing 2face of adultery.

I don't understand what's so difficult in giving credit to the author of an article. Its very annoying when you spend hours researching for an article and one lazy writer or editor just copies and paste without any regard for your effort.

I really wish you can sue them and make them a scapegoat.

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Meldrick(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
These days we have very lazy journalist. All they do is copy the work other people did. They lack creativity and update the covers of their magazine with stale news or copyright works. The worst of them are these bloggers. They just lift write-ups from other blogs withour editing and paste on their blog, claiming credit for the job.

i have known ICON MAGAZINE to be made up of a lazy team. I first read the article on Nairaland and surprisingly saw it on Icon magazine. Shame on the management.

MANAGING EDITOR
Julius Akpovire

ONLINE EDITOR
Chim Obioha

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Victor Okeghene

GENERAL INFORMATION AND INQUIRIES

Tel: +234-80………………..; +234-8021333330,

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by daveP(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

thanks. will try to reach them
dey fast........

1 Like

Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by aboyaji(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
did they equally copied that ftc guy on the said thread?

If yes, hmm!
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2014
Sunkyphil: angry anoda teen

grandpa
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2014
teeo:

And the mumu just arrived

You don't curse people. Its ungentlemanly behaviour.

Every human being has the fundamental right to express his opinion. God created this world that it can contain each and everyone of us even without bodily contacts
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Jasi7(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

imagine, they just copied the article verbatim. and other blogs that carried it recently gave the credit to Icon Weekly Mag

Lalasticlala go and sue these people...God get as him dey take bless him own...but if u say wan bone am na u sabi...u really need to get a lawyer and sue dem..infact y r u even taking it lightly...u sef
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2014
SeaGold:

You don't curse people. Its ungentlemanly behaviour.

Every human being has the fundamental right to express his opinion. God created this world that it can contain each and everyone of us even without bodily contacts

Okay I hear grin
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Firefire(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2014
I would recommend you check the details of their own write-ups and not only the front page story.

Then, you can take further step(s)

Goodluck!
Re: Lalasticlala's Article Featured By Icon Weekly Magazine ( Photo ) by Dolemite(f): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2014
This is plagiarism, don't just sit there like a dummy, write to them and take legal action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hottest Bachelors In Nigeria / Charly Boy And Denrele Caught Cuddling Up / Swanky Jerry Bags MTN Endorsements Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.