Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Children And Divorce - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children And Divorce (2463 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children And Divorce by pickabeau1: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I do not dispute that it is important TO HER.

If the mother is aging and needs someone to play bingo with her, then she should relocate to the daughter. However, her mother is not aging.

Look, it is easy for him to get a lawyer but I am not sure whether it is good to fight the mother of your child with the help of a lawyer.

How was the divorce finalised.. did he have a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

How was the divorce finalised.. did he have a lawyer

I don't have all details and I don't think it is relevant at the present moment.

If he gets a lawyer now then to fight against the mother's decision to take the child to a remote place.
Re: Children And Divorce by pickabeau1: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't have all details and I don't think it is relevant at the present moment.

If he gets a lawyer now then to fight against the mother's decision to take the child to a remote place.

ok.. no problem
Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is your opinion and you are entitled to it but I don't think that the wish of a grown up woman to be close to her mummy is more important than the need of a child to have a father.

Your opinion, and you are entitled to it!
Glad it is a woman LIKE YOU! kiss
I am also GLAD that when it comes to children, it is A WOMAN'S WORLD!
We can't lose ALL WAYS ABI?
Hallellojah! kiss

If Na to go chase woman, this same man will drive 2000 miles.
Shior!

4 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

I don't understand the second part. Sorry.
Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't understand the second part. Sorry.

Meaning hope you NEVER have to find yourself in any position WHERE other women LIKE YOU will question YOUR DECISIONS!
AMEN! kiss

5 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Meaning hope you NEVER have to find yourself in any position WHERE other women LIKE YOU will question YOUR DECISIONS!
AMEN! kiss

I don't have to show solidarity with all women just because I am a woman.

1 Like

Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't have to show solidarity with all women just because I am a woman.

Irrelevant but in this case!
As long as there are no joint custody stipulations, ANY woman is free to relocate to any part of the world if she chooses!
It is the man's responsibility to TRAVEL AND MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH HIS CHILD!
Shikena! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Look, any human being can question my decisions as much as he or SHE wants. I will do what I think is right anyway but I think that it is wrong to take a loving and caring parent his or HER child without a good reason. Very simple.
Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Look, any human being can question my decisions as much as he or SHE wants. I will do what I think is right anyway and I think, in this case, that it is wrong to take a loving and caring parent his or HER child without a good reason. Very simple.

Is is not wrong!
The woman is entitled to start afresh. Clear away from ANY UNHAPPY MEMORIES!
I don't know MANY women who do not move after A DIVORCE!
Especially, if it was a NASTY one!

5 hours is not far!

The woman needs a break.

4 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Carefree are you suggesting she stays In the same place even when she has nothing doing there. Just sit there and wait for allowance from the ex?

She needs to move on, but they both try and find a way to meet up the child's need

2 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by Stillfire: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
I am also GLAD that when it comes to children, it is A WOMAN'S WORLD!
We can't lose ALL WAYS ABI?
Hallellojah! kiss
If Na to go chase woman, this same man will drive 2000 miles.
Shior!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Is is not wrong!
The woman is entitled to start afresh. Clear away from ANY UNHAPPY MEMORIES!
I don't know MANY women who do not move after A DIVORCE!
Especially, if it was a NASTY one!

5 hours is not far!

The woman needs a break.

You act like the woman is a victim and you don't even know her.

I don't care if she needs a break or not, I just know that the child needs a father.
Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara: [img][/img]

As long as there are no joint custody stipulations, ANY woman is free to relocate to any part of the world if she chooses!
It it the man's responsibility to TRAVEL AND MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH HIS CHILD!
Shikena! kiss

Now I know why so many kids do not know their fathers.
Re: Children And Divorce by isokey: 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Isnt this the KANWULIA i used to know? U've changed....am luving the new youuu....
Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 5:20am On Aug 15, 2014
isokey: Isnt this the KANWULIA i used to know? U've changed....am luving the new youuu....

Hmmmmmm
I have always been the same o!
I have not changed one bit! kiss

1 Like

Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 5:23am On Aug 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You act like the woman is a victim and you don't even know her.

I don't care if she needs a break or not, I just know that the child needs a father.

carefreewannabe:

Na who send dem message? undecided
Abeg, na dem sabi jor!
Nothing we can do on or off NL. kiss

1 Like

Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I agree wink

1 Like

Re: Children And Divorce by pickabeau1: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

If i may ask, what is the reason?
Re: Children And Divorce by CircleOfWilis: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Hmmmmmm
I have always been the same o!
I have not changed one bit! kiss
I missed the old u...what happened to ur old moniker :kanwulia
Re: Children And Divorce by damiso(f): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2014
Even though I see the dilemma the father is placed in here I actually don't really see the mother wanting to stay close to her mother as being necessarily selfish.Divorce can be a very emotionally draining time for anyone and sometimes a clean break and having supportive family around you helps.

A good compromise might probably have been mum coming over to her city (but then again mum might still be married, working, have her own life etc) so that might not even be possible. I agree though that its not fair for the father to have to work extra hard to see his kid but unfortunately that's one of the fall outs of divorce and life.Like most have said if it was not this life could have happened in other forms (new job opportunities, remarriage, transfer etc) their lives  can't just be on hold. 

The sad reality is that either parent might eventually have to work harder to see the child.Its just what it is.When you are married those decisions are taken together but unfortunately as much as the child's welfare is also paramount the parents still have their own lives to live somewhat now that they are single. The dad too might get a very good job offer hours away someday. Even one half of married couples sometimes have situations that take them away from the family with the other parent having to take on the bulk of parenting for a while.

3 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by FKBZ: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Look, any human being can question my decisions as much as he or SHE wants. I will do what I think is right anyway but I think that it is wrong to take a loving and caring parent his or HER child without a good reason. Very simple.

I believe u are being over defensive.
If u are in the same shoe u do worse
If the man truly loves the child as u claim he would have made the marriage work if only for the child.
The woman has the right to take the child anyway has long as she doesn't deny him custody.

5 Likes

Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2014
CircleOfWilis: I missed the old u...what happened to ur old moniker :kanwulia

What did you like about the old me?
My shoes? wink

Well. . . . .an ongoing battle with your extremely SEXXXXIST Seun(who believes every woman should act and look llike a POVERTY-STRICKEN, OLD, FILTHY, BATTERED, TOOTHLESS hag/bytch/WITCH from his OGUN STATE BUUUUUUSH/JUNGLE cool. . . . .) and his BOKO HARAM HAREM of trisexxxxual-swinging, faceless cowards of "bottom-for-air" Lokitto MODS and ASHI-SUPER MODS o!

I ain't going nowhere.

"Kanwilia" is in jail, and does not really care about HER salvation or a release date ON OR OFF NL! cool

*awwwwwwwww somebarrrry likes moi* cool

1 Like

Re: Children And Divorce by FKBZ: 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

What did you like about the old me?
My shoes? wink

Well. . . . .an ongoing battle with your extremely SEXXXXIST Seun(who believes every woman should act and look llike a POVERTY-STRICKEN, OLD, FILTHY, BATTERED, TOOTHLESS hag/bytch/WITCH from his OGUN STATE BUUUUUUSH/JUNGLE cool. . . . .) and his BOKO HARAM HAREM of trisexxxxual-swinging, faceless cowards of "bottom-for-air" Lokitto MODS and ASHI-SUPER MODS o!

I ain't going nowhere.

"Kanwilia" is in jail, and does not really care about HER salvation or a release date ON OR OFF NL! cool

*awwwwwwwww somebarrrry likes moi* cool

lol at your comment....
the beef between u and seun is something else ooooo
i think i need to start following you.
Re: Children And Divorce by KanwuliaJara: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
FKBZ:

lol at your comment....
the beef between u and seun is something else ooooo
i think i need to start following you.

Na today?
I fit reach to born am by American or by AFRICAN BOKO HARAM TOTO-WASHING standards . . . . But tufiakwa!!! Praise my H-Agnostic GAAAAAWD for H-Abortions of "such" imps as sacrifices to Satan!

Amen!!! cool

But I go show am say I get brothers we pass I'm age!!!

Na me and am ke!!!

F'O'st to HANG!!!! kiss

*back to Dallas. . . . what a wonderful rest period. work do start again. . . . .and lofting h-it cool*
Re: Children And Divorce by jumzzy448: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Kanwuliwuli the iron lady.

Miss no nonsense.
Re: Children And Divorce by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
FKBZ:

I believe u are being over defensive.
If u are in the same shoe u do worse
If the man truly loves the child as u claim he would have made the marriage work if only for the child.
The woman has the right to take the child anyway has long as she doesn't deny him custody.

I don't think I am "over defensive". I have a clear stand on such issues and my stand is that a father should not be denied his child / children and a child / children should not be denied their father if not absolutely necessary. You don't have to agree.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. / How To Discipline A Very Stubborn Child...works Like Magic / Hong Kong Woman Who Died While Giving Birth Leaves A Shocking Discovery For Meds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.