Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here (6319 Views)

Pls Help With ICAN EXAM Status Check / Kindly Help Me With Ican Study Pack 'business Communication And Research Methodo / Tired With Ican Exams! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 15, 2014
You can become a Chartered Accountant easily now with IcanLectures.com.ng. Now qualifying as an Accountant is made much much easier by letting you take your Lectures at home instead of being crammed in a hot place like lecture centers do.
Simply log on to IcanLectures.com.ng and start downloading your Ican Lectures.
Regards,
From The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Jeffflo: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2014
How long will it take a non-accounting graduate, one from the liberal arts in my case, to be attain the peak in ICAN?
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jeffflo: How long will it take a non-accounting graduate, one from the liberal arts in my case, to be attain the peak in ICAN?

Hello Jeff. I would say Two and half years because you must complete a level before moving to the next, You will start from the Foundation Level which has six subjects. Then Proceed to the Application Level with Six subjects also and the Final Professional Level with Five subjects. Please isit the site for a breakdown of your specific courses.
Cheers
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Jeffflo: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
houseoftuition:

Hello Jeff. I would say Two and half years because you must complete a level before moving to the next, You will start from the Foundation Level which has six subjects. Then Proceed to the Application Level with Six subjects also and the Final Professional Level with Five subjects. Please isit the site for a breakdown of your specific courses.
Cheers
Thank you for the info. One more bout of questioning, please. If it is so for ICAN, how many years would ACCA take, with identical circumstances? Thank you.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Jeffflo:
Thank you for the info. One more bout of questioning, please. If it is so for ICAN, how many years would ACCA take, with identical circumstances? Thank you.
Hello Jeff
For ACCA You are looking at five years or so. Why Five? In ACCA You will be writing NINE subjects at the foundational level. Please note that many never even make it out of this level in the first instance. After that, you'll write ANOTHER Four Papers at the Professional Level. After that you'll write Two subjects out of Four Electives and you must also have practical working experience in an Accounting or Audit position with relevant responsibilities as defined by ACCA.
Hope Ive answered your questions.
You can mail me at headtutor@IcanLectures.com.ng
Cheers
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
houseoftuition:
Hello Jeff
For ACCA You are looking at five years or so. Why Five? In ACCA You will be writing NINE subjects at the foundational level. Please note that many never even make it out of this level in the first instance. After that, you'll write ANOTHER Four Papers at the Professional Level. After that you'll write Two subjects out of Four Electives and you must also have practical working experience in an Accounting or Audit position with relevant responsibilities as defined by ACCA.
Hope Ive answered your questions.
You can mail me at headtutor@IcanLectures.com.ng
Cheers

I beg to differ your opinion as regards the duration to complete the acca, it would take u a total of 2 yrs to complete it, you'll write a total of 14 papers with the option of writing 4 papers in a diet
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dyrocha: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
dhameelolar:
I beg to differ your opinion as regards the duration to complete the acca, it would take u a total of 2 yrs to complete it, you'll write a total of 14 papers with the option of writing 4 papers in a diet

Does that mean for someone like me who studied accounting edu.. how long will it take me? one more thing, can you easily break it down in a manner of simplicity how to attain the top most level with ICAN and ACCA. Also which is advised looking at the long term relevance? Sorry about my long series of questioning.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
dhameelolar:

Hello Damilola
Its not that easy Dami. Why? You assumed that every time you take four papers, you will clear it all. This is far from the reality I have personally experienced in my line of work. Now add to the fact that majority are working people with time just not there. I have seen normally bright people take exams they would normally blow away but after one or two attempts with public lectures, they just give it up as unattainable. I said earlier that most never even make it out of the F1- F9 Level and I think that is saying something as regards difficulty, for even fresh single grads then throw lack of time into it for a working person and you have a tangled web of frustration.
I see it all the time so I should know.
That's what led to the solution we came up with to simply watch your lectures at home conveniently like a movie with same textbook in the live lectures and the one with you.
Cheers
www.IcanLectures.com.ng
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
dyrocha:

Does that mean for someone like me who studied accounting edu.. how long will it take me? one more thing, can you easily break it down in a manner of simplicity how to attain the top most level with ICAN and ACCA. Also which is advised looking at the long term relevance? Sorry about my long series of questioning.
Hello Dyrocha
With your Accounting Education degree, you will be granted exemption from the Foundational level with the Five subjects in it. There are Six subjects in the Application Level but you will be Exempted from Two courses there too, leaving you with Four subjects in The Application Level and Five subjects in the Professional Level.
As regards relevance, ICAN trumps ACCA hands down in our environment. Why? This will take a long apologetics in ICANs favor which space and time denies me, but accept it as such.
ICAN can be done in a year if you clear each level at once. The key operative term in that sentence is IF. That is where we come in at www.IcanLectures.com.ng
Regards to You.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
dyrocha:

Since u studied accounting you should be allowed to claim an exemption of the first 4 papers F1-F4, after which you'll focus on the remaining 10 papers, the question on which is relevant on the long term, I'm not discrediting ICAN in any way but in my opinion I'll advice u pick ACCA, the course framework for ACCA seems to be more standard and quite informative. Do u hv any other question?
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
houseoftuition:
Hello Damilola
Its not that easy Dami. Why? You assumed that every time you take four papers, you will clear it all. This is far from the reality I have personally experienced in my line of work. Now add to the fact that majority are working people with time just not there. I have seen normally bright people take exams they would normally blow away but after one or two attempts with public lectures, they just give it up as unattainable. I said earlier that most never even make it out of the F1- F9 Level and I think that is saying something as regards difficulty, for even fresh single grads then throw lack of time into it for a working person and you have a tangled web of frustration.
I see it all the time so I should know.
That's what led to the solution we came up with to simply watch your lectures at home conveniently like a movie with same textbook in the live lectures and the one with you.
Cheers
www.IcanLectures.com.ng

Your assumptions are correct, I think it depends on the approach of study one chooses to adopt and also time planning on the courses, most people tend not to have enough study time due to their jobs, if an individual falls under that category tis best he/she adopts ur video format as his/her lectures.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
houseoftuition:
Hello Dyrocha
With your Accounting Education degree, you will be granted exemption from the Foundational level with the Five subjects in it. There are Six subjects in the Application Level but you will be Exempted from Two courses there too, leaving you with Four subjects in The Application Level and Five subjects in the Professional Level.
As regards relevance, ICAN trumps ACCA hands down in our environment. Why? This will take a long apologetics in ICANs favor which space and time denies me, but accept it as such.
ICAN can be done in a year if you clear each level at once. The key operative term in that sentence is IF. That is where we come in at www.IcanLectures.com.ng
Regards to You.

U said ICAN trumps ACCA ? angry shocked
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dyrocha: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
dhameelolar:
dhameelolar:
Since u studied accounting you should be allowed to claim an exemption of the first 4 papers F1-F4, after which you'll focus on the remaining 10 papers, the question on which is relevant on the long term, I'm not discrediting ICAN in any way but in my opinion I'll advice u pick ACCA, the course framework for ACCA seems to be more standard and quite informative. Do u hv any other question?
houseoftuition:
Hello Dyrocha
Regards to You.

thanks both of you. you really cleared the fog in my head with this, do you mind pointing me in the direction of when the exams are written and how to apply. how much does the application stage cost. sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. its best i say it than die in silence from ignorance.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Debbychi(f): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Plz I just wanna start d 1st stage wit an o level result,aw can I go abt dix
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
dyrocha:

thanks both of you. you really cleared the fog in my head with this, do you mind pointing me in the direction of when the exams are written and how to apply. how much does the application stage cost. sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. its best i say it than die in silence from ignorance.

Acca cost of registration is £79 and the exam fees varies according to the period u make payment for it, the exam fees is divided into early payment, standard payment and late payment, for further info check accaglobal.com or better yet u can go their office on the island :
Seacron Educational Nigeria Limited
(Representative Office of ACCA in Nigeria)
Ground Floor, Right Wing
Plot 259, Etim Inyang Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2014
dhameelolar:

Hello Dami.
Yes ICAN beats ACCA in our environment. one point is that if you are a UK citizen and would work in that environment, then you would do well do get ACCA. What is Globalization of degrees without Local Dominance? ICAN is the local dominating Charter awarding institution IN Nigeria.
In Togo, ICAN is not, in Ghana it is not, In the UK it is not and in the US it is not. But if you are looking to work IN Nigeria even as a first step, holding ICAN Charter carries heavier weight than ACCA.
Did you hear when ICAN was at loggerheads with CITN? Who won?That the other professional bodies in the Accounting and Finance space in Nigeria are simply there as "also rans" Do you know that even the "almighty" CFA, an American Exam has no credence whatsoever in the UK? Do you know why? That they cannot present themselves in the UK using the word "Charter" in their name?
There is no single Certificate that will guarantee you to go to sleep. Everything, once you attain it, is a means to an ends.
I salute you Dami.
Cheers and have a nice day.
Head Tutor
www.IcanLectures.com.ng
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
houseoftuition:
Hello Dami.
Yes ICAN beats ACCA in our environment. one point is that if you are a UK citizen and would work in that environment, then you would do well do get ACCA. What is Globalization of degrees without Local Dominance? ICAN is the local dominating Charter awarding institution IN Nigeria.
In Togo, ICAN is not, in Ghana it is not, In the UK it is not and in the US it is not. But if you are looking to work IN Nigeria even as a first step, holding ICAN Charter carries heavier weight than ACCA.
Did you hear when ICAN was at loggerheads with CITN? Who won?That the other professional bodies in the Accounting and Finance space in Nigeria are simply there as "also rans" Do you know that even the "almighty" CFA, an American Exam has no credence whatsoever in the UK? Do you know why? That they cannot present themselves in the UK using the word "Charter" in their name?
There is no single Certificate that will guarantee you to go to sleep. Everything, once you attain it, is a means to an ends.
I salute you Dami.
Cheers and have a nice day.
Head Tutor
www.IcanLectures.com.ng

Thank u for the words of encouragement, after obtaining acca do u hv any idea on the amount of papers I'll write in ican?
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Debbychi: Plz I just wanna start d 1st stage wit an o level result,aw can I go abt dix

I have no knowledge on where you'll start from so it's best if u contact acca nigeria office :
Seacron Educational Nigeria Limited
(Representative Office of ACCA in Nigeria)
Ground Floor, Right Wing
Plot 259, Etim Inyang Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
acca.nigeria@accaglobal.com
+234 708 060 1845
+234 1 461 6269
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Debbychi(f): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
i meant ICAN
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by hayoakins(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
5years

I just dey observe
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
dhameelolar:

Thank u for the words of encouragement, after obtaining acca do u hv any idea on the amount of papers I'll write in ican?
Hello Dami
How are you? You will be writing three subjects in total. One subject from each level. from the Foundation level, you will write Business Law, from the Application level, you'll write Public Sector Accounting and in the Professional Level you'll write Advanced Taxation.
The first immediate step you must ow take is to first register with ICAN as a student. this costs 7000 with bank commission of 450 at Zenith Bank at Obanikoro Bus Stop. They will give you a pin which you'll use in registering.
Cheers D.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
houseoftuition1:
Hello Dami
How are you? You will be writing three subjects in total. One subject from each level. from the Foundation level, you will write Business Law, from the Application level, you'll write Public Sector Accounting and in the Professional Level you'll write Advanced Taxation.
The first immediate step you must ow take is to first register with ICAN as a student. this costs 7000 with bank commission of 450 at Zenith Bank at Obanikoro Bus Stop. They will give you a pin which you'll use in registering.
Cheers D.

Thank you for the information.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by sheedy407(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pls can a 3rd class holder who studied accounting also apply for ICAN and how many courses and duration will the person cover to obtain ICAN certificate?
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
sheedy407: Pls can a 3rd class holder who studied accounting also apply for ICAN and how many courses and duration will the person cover to obtain ICAN certificate?
Hello Sheedy
Yes You can write ICAN regardless of the grade you came out with provided it is an Accounting degree, you will be given the same exemptions as someone with a First class or 2:1. Follow the instructions given to Dami above and you will claim exemptions after that.
Regards
Head Tutor
www.IcanLectures.com.ng
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by sheedy407(m): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks a lot for your prompt response,I'm a Bsc holder in Accountancy and I want to start ICAN,in all,how many papers will I write and what is the duration for it and if the registration fee is 7000,what other expenses will I have to make regarding taking each papers?Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dyrocha: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
dhameelolar:

I was thinking @Dami, if you are also going to register and sit for ICAN soon, how about we share ideas or more likely study together. I really need someone to draw me out from the corner i am in with studying..
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by Twistkihd(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
hi guys...pls I nid ur advise ere...m an o'level holder n will like 2 enrol 4 ican...jux want to knw if is possible for mi 2 do it while in skul....will resume skul soon .....or should I jux wait till afta skul...nid ur advise
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by MICOYE(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
is there any examption for banking and finance graduate for ican?
if there is?
how many papers?
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
sheedy407: Thanks a lot for your prompt response,I'm a Bsc holder in Accountancy and I want to start ICAN,in all,how many papers will I write and what is the duration for it and if the registration fee is 7000,what other expenses will I have to make regarding taking each papers?Thanks in anticipation of your response
Hello Sheedy
When you register (as above) you will be given a student number. Then you will then apply for Exemption at Zenith at Obanikoro and this costs N50,000. Ican will approve your Exemption within a week then you are good to write the Exams.
As for the papers you will be writing,please visit the Courses Page at www.IcanLectures.com.ng for them.
Cheers Sir.
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by houseoftuition: 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
MICOYE: is there any examption for banking and finance graduate for ican?
if there is?
how many papers?
Hello Mike
Yes there are exemptions for you in the Foundation Level. There are five subjects there but you are exempted from two which are
1)Quantitative Techniques
2)Business and Finance

So you will be taking only three subjects there.
Please follow the same guidelines on registering above as given to Dhameelolar and Sheedy.
May God crown your efforts with prosperous success.
Cheers
Head Tutor
www.IcanLectures.com.ng
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dhameelolar(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
dyrocha:

I was thinking @Dami, if you are also going to register and sit for ICAN soon, how about we share ideas or more likely study together. I really need someone to draw me out from the corner i am in with studying..

I'm currently writing ACCA papers, my ICAN would be next year, which one of them are u registered for
Re: Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here by dyrocha: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
ICAN.. I'm not writing this yr's diet. Will be starting from next yr plus I'm taking foundation stage exemption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigeria Immigration Service Has Promoted 8821 Officers / 12 Ways Of Building Team Spirit In An Office Environment / I Prefer Handwork To "Going To School"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.