Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? (3247 Views)

Photo: If She Ask What This Is Used For, Cancel The Wedding / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by audreybrian(f): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
A friend of mine needs this advice.

Her fiance schooled and stays in england with her presently and he have a family business in nigeria.but the problem now is that the fiance lost his dad and wants to relocate permanently to Nigeria next month and not just to Nigeria but to his home town(A Village in ENUGU STATE).She wants to relocate with him but wants to be based in abuja or lagos just to have a quiet and private home but he refused cos the businesses are in his home town.Now,her parents and entire family wants her to cancel the marriage because they think his people are diabolical(pls not offence to anyone) and there will be too many inlaws around even if they dont live in the family house but in thesame village.
Note-My friend really loves him and money is not their problem.But you know ones family have a way of seeing ahead.
Please Advice!

1 Like

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
This s strange, is she sure the guy is not being called bak with the african traditional way of bringing back our people.. I think he can manage the business anywhere in the world, must he come bk home n even to the village... I hope the bro is not bein charmed tho... I agree with the gal's parent tho..
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by purplesummer(f): 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sorry, I'm not here to give advice, I'm here to listen to read opinions. grin
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Crocz(m): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
She wants to relocate with him but wants to be based in abuja or lagos just to have a quiet and private home but he refused cos the businesses are in his home town.

To be honest, the only business I can think of in villages are farming, pounding akpu to sell except uncommon palm oil factory...so which of these is the business?
Anyways, d point is nobody is a slave to anybody in marriage and the wife should have a say in the matter...if she doesn't want to live in village, then they should make a compromise...probably she'll be visiting 2ice a week or something
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Raxxye(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
The truth is that your friend was in love with the guy because he was abroad and has been in money. Now, she wants to leave him because he wants to relocate back home to run his business. She is just another gold digger and an opportunist. Shame on her!

6 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
Raxxye: The truth is that your friend was in love with the guy because he was abroad and has been in money. Now, she wants to leave him because he wants to relocate back home. She is just another gold digger and an opportunist. Shame on her!
There might be an iota of truth in this...
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by audreybrian(f): 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Crocz: She wants to relocate with him but wants to be based in abuja or lagos just to have a quiet and private home but he refused cos the businesses are in his home town.

To be honest, the only business I can think of in villages are farming, pounding akpu to sell except uncommon palm oil factory...so which of these is the business?
Anyways, d point is nobody is a slave to anybody in marriage and the wife should have a say in the matter...if she doesn't want to live in village, then they should make a compromise...probably she'll be visiting 2ice a week or something
There is an NNPC depot in his village and his dad is like the biggest shareholder there.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Estimable(m): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
E be like say d guy papa dey serve d families ancestor and nw he's dead its d guys turn.....if nt why relocating to d village........
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by audreybrian(f): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Raxxye: The truth is that your friend was in love with the guy because he was abroad and has been in money. Now, she wants to leave him because he wants to relocate back home to run his business. She is just another gold digger and an opportunist. Shame on her!
This is totally not true,any place other than his village where inlaws would interfer will do her.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by CoachDX: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Double problem!
A man directed by his family and a woman controlled by her family.

Well, tell your friend, she could be in deep trouble if she tries to seperate her man from his family. No matter the fears her family instilled into her, if he refuses to base in Abuja as she prefers, she should join her man wherever he goes. If such family business is that important, i'm sure the location is not as bad as a typical village. There's nothing to see ahead. . .let her family leave them alone to plan their lives.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Raxxye(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
audreybrian:
This is totally not true,any place other than his village where inlaws would interfer will do her.
In that case she is the type that wants the man all to herself; no visits from husband's parents or siblings. They should be as far away from his family as possible. I still stand on earlier statement that she's a gold digger. If you are the one, better repent! Mtscheew!

6 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Amya(f): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
If she really loves him, does it really matter where he lives? The basic comforts of life can still be enjoyed in a remote village if he can fund it. From the story, money is not a problem. What matters most in this world is love and happiness and if she gets that from him, she should never let it go for something as mere as city life. If she leaves him, she may live to regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
Raxxye: The truth is that your friend was in love with the guy because he was abroad and has been in money. Now, she wants to leave him because he wants to relocate back home to run his business. She is just another gold digger and an opportunist. Shame on her!
Pls keep queit # no apologies

Didn't you read that she's ready to relocate to Nigeria , why would he want to live in his village of all places , if he loves her he should at least listen to her and stay in the city or somewhere cool and not the village , which business is he going to do there that he can hire people to work there while he thinks of something else to do in town , if it was me I won't even need advice from my family before calling it quit , mmmmttttthhhhhheeeewwwwwww. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Lorlaahlozz: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dnt think she should cancel d marriage..they should consider sitting down..nd discussing d ish...
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Raxxye(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Elantracey:
Pls keep queit # no apologies

Didn't you read that she's ready to relocate to Nigeria , why would he want to live in his village of all places , if he loves her he should at least listen to her and stay in the city or somewhere cool and not the village , which business is he going to do there that he can hire people to work there while he thinks of something else to do in town , if it was me I won't even need advice from my family before calling it quit , mmmmttttthhhhhheeeewwwwwww. undecided
You, like the lady in question, love the big cities and not the man. So it's either UK or Abuja or Lagos otherwise no marriage? If I were the man I would simply dump the gold digger like a bad habit! Mstcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Crocz(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
audreybrian:
There is an NNPC depot in his village and his dad is like the biggest shareholder there.

If your father is a shareholder in a company doesn't in most cases mean you manage the company unless he holds highest share which is unlikely in NNPC, so he's probably a worker there...I suppose he can have weekend off and probably some months leave to enjoy his family in abuja if the wife has her way
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by ifysimple(f): 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2014

Why calling the girl a gold digger? Didnt you read where she said money is not their problem and both of them stays abroad? Some people sef! I m sure you are not commenting from your village.
Her problem is staying permanently in the guys remote village considering that the people are diabolical.

5 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
ifysimple:

Why calling the girl a gold digger? Didnt you read where she said money is not their problem and both of them stays abroad? Some people sef! I m sure you are not commenting from your village.
Her problem is staying permanently in the guys remote village considering that the people are diabolical.
You can stay put in obodo oyinbo then. We don't want you here either. Imagine calling your own people evil. 'awa o ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba awa'
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by pasqal09: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
audreybrian:
A village that has an NNPC Depot? Maybe its not so much of a village
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by BoiledCorn: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
This girl and her seeking advice threads angry
| |
V V

2 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Raxxye(m): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
ifysimple:

How do you know that the village is such a remote one? (and what is wrong with one anyway if that is where your business is thriving)?
How did she come to the conclusion that the people in the guy's village are diabolical? (I suppose she also means the guy's parents are diabolical)
Do you know it must have been the proceeds of that family business that sent him abroad where she met him?
For a guy who has been abroad, and who I suppose is well educated, do you think he would be so stupid to abandon whatever he is currently doing abroad to relocate to the village to manage the business if it wasn't quite a profitable one? Should he leave a profitable business to die and stay in the city just to please her? How would she expect him to live in Abuja and manage business in the village?
If she loved him, cancelling the marriage on the grounds of relocation wouldn't even cross her mind.I put it to you that all she wants is city life and not the guy, and she is nothing but a gold digger!

7 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Raxxye(m): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
[
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Just to read people's opinion.

Have got nothing to say.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Raxxye(m): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
BoboYekini: You can stay put in obodo oyinbo then. We don't want you here either. Imagine calling your own people evil. 'awa o ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba awa'

Don't mind all these girls with fish brains.To them everything village is diabolic, yet that is where they were born and raised. As soon as they step out to the city, the village becomes evil. They fail to realize that the big cities were once people's villages too!

6 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
village life is sweet, easy and comforting especially when you're in real money.
You can be in a village and still be more enlightened than those in the cities. I've met more dull/dum,b people in the city than I've in villages, and the simple fact that someone stays in the City doesn't mean they have access to all available goodies.

The diabolical trash is a framed excuse for the lady to cover her hatred towards the village idea smiley

The man should simply move on, run things and control all resources. The richest man in my state (Kogi) lives in the village. We call it 'resource control' cool You can also ask Igbinedion in Okada, Edo State for confirmations.

Do not waste away in the city if you have better opportunity to resources in the village.

2 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by fnep2smooth(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
i think Seun need to ban some female when it comes to critical matters like this. Since i have been a member of this forum almost all the female always support there kind.
People thinks village is the worst place to stay. Having NNPC depot in your village really shows that the area is not much a village. What i understand is that the girl doesn't love the guy, i will advise the guy to quit the marriage cos girls like this can create hatred between the guys family.
just imagine, she don't want interference from the guys family but she takes advise from his OWN family, to the extent that her family decide what will happen
the marriage is a working time bomb waiting to explode , and the guys family will suffer it most. This is the perfect time to detonate it [ leave the evil girl ] before He regret the marriage.
some girls are selfish
next thing you will hear is honey i don't like the way your mum keep visiting, we are married and we need some privacy. Na that day she GO land her parent house

3 Likes

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by ifysimple(f): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
BoboYekini: You can stay put in obodo oyinbo then. We don't want you here either. Imagine calling your own people evil. 'awa o ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba awa'

I m just saying from what the girl wrote. She may know the village better than you do. Thats just her fears and i dont think she has concluded to call off the relationship.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by ifysimple(f): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Raxxye:

How do you know that the village is such a remote one? (and what is wrong with one anyway if that is where your business is thriving)?
How did she come to the conclusion that the people in the guy's village are diabolical? (I suppose she also means the guy's parents are diabolical)
Do you know it must have been the proceeds of that family business that sent him abroad where she met him?
For a guy who has been abroad, and who I suppose is well educated, do you think he would be so stupid to abandon whatever he is currently doing abroad to relocate to the village to manage the business if it wasn't quite a profitable one? Should he leave a profitable business to die and stay in the city just to please her? How would she expect him to live in Abuja and manage business in the village?
If she loved him, cancelling the marriage on the grounds of relocation wouldn't even cross her mind.I put it to you that all she wants is city life and not the guy, and she is nothing but a gold digger!

wetin be your own sef? You jus carry the matter for head dey vex any how. Na you be the man? Lol
All the 'op' wants is a good advice of which you and i have not provided.
i was just telling you to put the gold digging matter aside, consider her fears and then advise her. Its her own problem and her personal way of seeing it.
Marriage is a serious matter of which you cannot even go into it alone . Your family must come in and you must also listen to them before arriving to a conclusion.

Women have fish brain yet they decieve you all the time.

1 Like

Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by audreybrian(f): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2014
@Ifysimple thank you sis.
Please my beloved nairalanders,my friend needs these advice as the relocation date is already near.So,pls just drop the advice you have and stop casting blames.No need for arguements as this is a very serious matter.Thanks.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2014
Let me advise u over the phone
audreybrian: @Ifysimple thank you sis.
Please my beloved nairalanders,my friend needs these advice as the relocation date is already near.So,pls just drop the advice you have and stop casting blames.No need for arguements as this is a very serious matter.Thanks.
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by pickabeau1: 7:53am On Aug 16, 2014
audreybrian: @Ifysimple thank you sis.

Let her leave him if she can't live in his house in naija.

He does not deserve her...a man who dares to help his father's legacy which helped set him abroad when he had said they will live in obodo oyibo together.

Who does he think he is...

He will marry a lokito girl
Re: Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? by mamziii(f): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2014
y are pple so insensitive? Is every gal a gold digger? Even afta stating her reasons 4 not wanting 2 go wit him u still say such? Get a life pls

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guy Throws Surprise Party To Catch His Cheating Wife. / Only Girls +pic / What Does This Mean.. she Said She Is Dating Me Out Of Pity...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.