Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague (963 Views)

CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP / Corp Members Abandon Sick Colleague In Ekiti For Fear Of Ebola Virus. / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by lekanolas: 9:48am On Aug 16, 2014
One of the National Youth Service Corps members currently doing their orientation in Ekiti slumped and collapsed at the orientation camp.
Rather than his colleagues coming to his rescue, they all ran thinking the guy might have contacted the Ebola Virus.
It took the intervention of camp officials and the Ekiti State Ministry of Health before he was rescued.
It was discovered that he was suffering from chronic fever.
To be sure of his correct state of health, his blood samples were taken and sent to Lagos.
He did not test positive to the Ebola Virus.
The corps member has since been taken away from the camp and is currently being kept at an isolated centre located within Oba Adejugbe General Hospital, Ado-Ekiti.
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by highmey(m): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2014

No date and source

Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by dimexilux(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2014
source??
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by Firefire(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2014
undecided
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by lekanolas: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
My Father My Father
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by Jakumo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is very grave news for Nigeria.

Very bad indeed is the news, as it suggests that the Ebola virus is making silent inroads into ALL parts of Nigeria. The colleagues of the fallen youth corps members must ALL be tested for Ebola as a matter of great urgency, and those who test positive isolated right away.
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by donphilopus: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Corps Members Abandon Sick
Colleague As Ebola Scare Hits Ekiti
The Ekiti State Government on Friday
described as untrue reports that a youth corps
member, who slumped at the orientation
camp at Ise/Emure Ekiti, had contracted the
dreaded Ebola virus.

The state Commissioner for Health, Prof.
Olusola Fasuba, said that the corps member
(names witheld), who was posted to serve in
the state was only suffering of chronic fever.
He advised residents not to mistake common
ailments, such as chronic fever for the
dreaded Ebola virus.

Fasuba spoke at an awareness forum in Ado-
Ekiti, following the speculations in the state
that Ebola virus had hit some towns.

“Although, information reaching my office
from the ministry of youth and sports
confirmed that a particular male corps
member collapsed at the orientation camp.

“But, it was unfortunate that people around
him ran away taking his sickness for the
dreaded Ebola virus.

“Immediately I received the information, I
swung into action by ensuring that the sick boy
was immediately attended to by a team of
health workers.

“They later discovered that he was suffering
from chronic fever, the information they
passed to me without wasting time.

“But, I did not stop at that, at least to be sure
of his correct state of health, his blood
samples were taken and sent to Lagos.

“We received the results on Thursday
indicating that he tested negative to the Ebola
virus.

“The corps member has been taken away from
the camp and is currently being kept at our
isolated centre located within Oba Adejugbe
General Hospital, Ado-Ekiti.

“As I speak, I assure residents that the health
of the boy in question is already improving,
while he continue to show signs of good
health far from Ebola,” he explained.

Fasuba warned rumour mongers to desist
from spreading false information that could
mislead or scare people, saying that
government had taken pro-active measures to
prevent the virus from spreading to the state.

He listed such steps to include banning of
movement of uncertified dead bodies into the
state, constitution of 30 technical committees
and creation of three isolated centres in Ado-
Ekiti, Okemesi-Ekiti and Ifaki-Ekiti.

OP, I followed the source you provided and got this. Where/when did they say he tested positive to the deadly virus?! Try and stop all this rumour!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by hoodboy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
OP I wish you the ebola you have just wished the corper
Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by lekanolas: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
donphilopus:
OP, I followed the source you provided and got this. Where/when did they say he tested positive to the deadly virus?! Try and stop all this rumour!
Read what i wrote very well. I never said he tested positive

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by lekanolas: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
hoodboy: OP I wish you the ebola you have just wished the corper
wish u the same because i never said the corps member has Ebola.Read very well before you begin to post comments.FOOL

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare Makes Corps Members Abandon Sick Colleague by donphilopus: 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
lekanolas: Read what i wrote very well. I never said he tested positive

Maybe you modified your post!

(1) (Reply)

Stay Away From Ikorodu Road Or Trek Home / ISIS Execution Videos Strikingly Similar / Jonathan Visits TB Joshua: Photos Of President At Collapsed Synagogue Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.