Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves (1968 Views)

ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / PHOTO: Fully Loaded Cement Truck Spotted Cruising At Lekki With Tyres Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Princecalm(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2014
When it comes to the mechannical aspect of car,women are far from it.But how many women can change tyres themselves.
Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2014
Their tyre neva puncture on top 3rd mainland bridge. grin
Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by overdrive(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Why should they do so,its a [/s]Mugu's[s] duty sorry man.
Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Mutuwa(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2014
Kinda s**y when de do it grin

Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2014
Iv never seen it done! I know there are women out there that are up to the task!

1 Like

Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2014
In the West, lots of ladies change their tyres themselves.

My ex even went as far as replacing her brake pads when due, carry out her own servicing, and she replaced the timing belt on her car. This was a 1989 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 16V.

She's currently doing a mechanic's course, and next year, will be a fully qualified automotive technician.

So yeah, women DO replace their flat tyres themselves. As long as the interest is there, ladies can be as proficient in working on automobile as men are.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by uboma(m): 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Siena: In the West, lots of ladies change their tyres themselves.

My ex even went as far as replacing her brake pads when due, carry out her own servicing, and she replaced the timing belt on her car. This was a 1989 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 16V.

She's currently doing a mechanic's course, and next year, will be a fully qualified automotive technician.

So yeah, women DO replace their flat tyres themselves. As long as the interest is there, ladies can be as proficient in working on automobile as men are.

Here in Nigeria, reverse is the case. Everyday I see some women drive recklessly and later on call their husbands from wherever they are to complain of the car gone bad or the tire gone flat etc. I have a colleague who came to the office one morning crying how her husband scolded her when he checked the radiator and found it empty. I said wow! I'd do same if I were your husband, I told her. There are simply checks like checking the water/coolant level, the oil level etc that shouldn't go unnoticed by anyone driving a car (women inclusive).
I admire your EX who is proactive. I love women who take charge.
Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yes, they do.

Although, I haven't seen any yet. grin
Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Princecalm: When it comes to the mechannical aspect of car,women are far from it.But how many women can change tyres themselves.

It's a complicated issue.

I own maintaining the vehicles in my household so the onus is on me to make sure that the situation doesn't occur. I haven't had an on the road tire changing need in the past 30 years.
Re: Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Siena: In the West, lots of ladies change their tyres themselves.

Right on.

There's simply nothing a Man can do automotive wise, that Women are not doing successfully.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Fixing Engine Oil Leak / Check Engine Light On Camry Car / Mercedes Benz E500 4matic V8 Kompressor For Urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.