Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide (64438 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ukandi1(m): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
moyinoluwabun: Viruscide ni. Beginning to av hatred for d America.

me too

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
musicwriter: Soon you will hear US have come up with a magical drug that cure ebola in 24 hours and western pharmaceutical companies will start smiling to the bank out of our penury.

Science is one thing the west is hiding from Africa because they know science is the shortest way out of poverty for nations. This's why scientific collaborations is always off-topic in their conferences.

Application of science to solve problems naturally lead to Technology.
Science + Technology = Industry.
Science + Technology + Industry = Wealth.
Science + Technology + Industry + Wealth = Economic independence!.

This includes freedom from world bank and IMF trojan loans, freedom from western control, freedom from hunger, ebola, disease, freedom from technological slavery, e.t.c. Africa will have total freedom and wealth when we get science right. This's what the west don't want Africa to know.

Neo-colonialism is very sophisticated tool for undervelopement as it included elite brainwashing. As a matter of fact Neo-colonialism is targeted at African leaders cause that's the only way Africa and it's people will be remote controlled from overseas. You can read more about it at http://www.africason.com/2014/08/africa-must-rise-against-neo-colonialism.html

BLA BLA BLA

Invest in science, develop and stop blaming others for being a failure.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
fnk: this nano-silver has been around for a very long time, I even have the machine that makes the solution since 2010 and i have been making and using the solution for various ilness and I know that a strong PPM can kill the Ebola virus. The powers that bee in U.S has always kicked against it, because it will course bad market for them. When I saw that someone came up with the solution, I knew they will kick against it, don't be suprise that the active ingredient in the so called Zmapp is nano-silver. My machine can make 12 liters of the solution per process, If I was in the country I would have tried to contact any of these agencies that will listen. I hope that Chukwu and co, will go with their gut feeling and don't listen to the ney sayers.

Lets try it, it will work.

brother yu av my support! I've bEen pro-selfsufficient. The US are greedy bunch

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
Princek12: Since majority of Nigerians are either illiterates or educated illiterates, their response to America's claim does not surprise me. The scientist who created the so called ebola drug chose to remain anonymous. Why? He chose to because he is a scam. A real scientist will stand by his creation and defend it in peer review and scientific journals.

Which laboratory was used in the development? Has it been tested on animals? Is there a procedure in place for clinical trials? This "feel among" attitude displayed by all these benighted Nigerians without the infrastructure that entitles you to be among is laughable. You want to feel as though you are producing an Ebola cure but you don't have electricity, you have a decrepit educational system, you have no funding for scientific research, and you have no procedure for regulating clinical trials. But you want to feel among.

Good luck to the people taking Nigeria's Ebola drug.
...and goodluck in trying to appear smart and bright before nairalanders.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by musicwriter(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

BLA BLA BLA

I'm not blaming anybody please!. All I'm saying is the same thing you've just said. We need to invest in science.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by andrewza: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
danikik7: This a challenge to all African Scientists in particular and Africans in general. How long shall we remain as tutelager.EBOLA was discovered dacades ago how come by now Africa has not been able through collaboration developed a trial vaccine. Must we always run to China , Europe or USA ? Is it not time we raise up and put our woes to shame. There will never be emancipation in african until we Africans take the bull by the horn in all ramifications. It is what we do to promote our selves collectively thatwill accord us the respect we desire internationally. This was China came to where they are today. We can achieve more than that IF we believe

Well SA did get a drug to human trail phase. But it was not a orginal ebola drug but for a simlar viruse. It was given to one person who stil died though.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by andrewza: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: The USA should learn to keep quiet sometimes. The ZMAPP was untested b4 it was used. They dnt want to gv us dia drugs n de dnt want to allow us test ours. Make dem rest jooor!!!!
As for me na bitter kola sure pass grin

it was test just not on people
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
musicwriter:

I'm not blaming anybody please!. All I'm saying is the same thing you've just said. We need to invest in science.

You were implicitly and explicitly blaming others.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by HARDDON: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Stupidity kills indeed.

When there is an epidemic in Europe and the media annouces that it may come from an animal or a plant, people will stop eating this animal or this plant right away until they are told that it can be eaten again. In Nigeria people will shout "Tradition, tradition." even if it may cost them their lives and those of their entire family.

Stupidity kills.

In the West, drugs are tested on animals first before given to people and drugs are strictly controlled but in Nigeria you can sell people rat posion and become rich.

Stupidity kills.

well we just realised that some diseases don't affect some animals! lol

and bliv me, it is not every time d "coloured" folks test on animals, thatz why u have something called "human subjects" .....go figure.

@topic, a solution, is a solution!

if ours is pesticide, Zmapp must be an Insecticide then!
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
BluIvy:

Bro, it was just an opinion. And I would rather eat bitter kola as part of my everyday life than overdose on nano-silver. Nano-silver is still theirs not ours btw. That gives them the right to comment don't you think?
My dear, they don't av patent right to nano silver. Who gv dem dat ryt? Lol.. Anyway, I believe bitter kola more any "drugs". Its 2 per day in my house grin

How are yu doin sweety?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by VantagePoint: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
There's such a thing called the SCIENTIFIC METHOD.
It entails many principles, chief of which is to vigorously test and vet any claims, theories, hypotheses, cure. It is not a method of CHANCE, GUESSWORK, or LUCK.
Zmapp was developed specifically for Ebola, nanosilver is not.Ot is generic and has been around since antiquity.
The same doctor that proposed it use also claimed it would kill HIV, hepatitis, etc.Why wait until Ebola outbreak to say that?
Nanosilver has known antibacterial properties. As for its virucidal effects, all one is asking for is PROOF that it has worked before-in animals or humans.
New 'untested drugs are not just unleashed on to people for a simple reason-the side effects are not well known.
What is to say silver, a metal, cannot damage the kidney? Or that it does not damage it?
These are fine points CHUKWU should have addressed secretly in human trials before coming out publicly about using the drug.
If it indeed worked, with no serious side effects, then we would be justified in attacking the US.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
HARDDON:

well we just realised that some diseases don't affect some animals! lol

You have just realised it? Seriously?

and bliv me, it is not every time d "coloured" folks test on animals, thatz why u have something called "human subjects" .....go figure.

Human subjects are paid in the West and the risk is first reduced through tests on animals.

@topic, a solution, is a solution!

if ours is pesticide, Zmapp must be an Insecticide then!

Ok, why don't you help your country and become a human subject?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by great664(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
America own don too much self: Why bother on what we are going to use when they refuse to give us theirs, I think this conspiracy is getting clearer everyday.

It was an American Citizen who brought it into Nigeria forget the fact that he is Liberian-American, he is a US citizen sent by his country to infect and destroy African most populous Country.

Check what a US Neurologist wrote and see that they truly created this Biological weapon to reduce Africa Population, http://ask9ja..com/2014/08/america-created-ebola-virus-to-reduce.html

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by bonnybonco: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
They created terrorism to destroy Africa, to sell their arms to both terrorist and African govts, it seems its not working fast for them, they sent CIA agent Patrick Sawyer to kill Nigerians with ebola. I know they have more devastating plans for Nig. and Africa but God will disappoint them. Ever since Nig. was named the no 1 economy in Africa and prospective world leader in future, all these attack have been on the increase.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by dasparrow: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
CoenzymeA: This new drug you people keep talking about has been mentioned on Nairaland since 2011. It is the same as colloidal silver you can order from anywhere. I wonder what the hype is about it been invented by a Nigerian. I'm sure the people who have used colloidal silver in Nigeria or the distributors can tell us whether they've had successes in treating viral infections with it or not.

https://www.nairaland.com/832973/sell-ionic-colloidal-silver-nigeria

http://colloidalsilversecrets..com/2009/02/colloidal-silver-and-nanosilver-whats.html

Thank you! I have a bottle of Silver Biotics at home (see pic attached) which is the same as colloidal silver and Nano silver I suppose. Colloidal silver/Silver biotics supports the immune system. The Americans swear by this thing just going by the comments on the products page on amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/American-Biotech-Labs-Biotics-Ultimate/dp/B009D0WBWI/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1408205377&sr=1-1&keywords=nano+silver

So, I don't know why people are making so much noise. I read several comments by Americans who say that this colloidal silver/silver biotics is always in their medicine cabinet at home. They have used to it to cure nasty ear infections, sore throat, cold/catarrh, they have even used it on their beloved pets like dogs and cats and it worked wonders. So, after reading, I purchased a bottle of it from amazon.com while in the States and I still have it with me. If Nano silver is the same thing, then I say Nigerians should try it abeg.

@Post

I say, try it. America will not support any cheap drug that can potentially heal a person of a deadly virus because their pharmaceutical companies want to make money. USA does not owe us ZMAPP and Nigeria deserves to find a solution to this deadly virus. I am not sure if colloidal silver otherwise known as Nano silver will cure people of ebola but I know that those who may not have the disease but who came in contact with a secondary person like the people in the plane with Sawyer could try Nano silver to boost their immune system thereby making it more difficult for the disease to ravage the organs in the body. Just a suggestion....don't crucify me.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Damiruth: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
Usless state of America May Almighty God lay his hands on the Pesticide and make it work for Ebola ppl in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
fnk: this nano-silver has been around for a very long time, I even have the machine that makes the solution since 2010 and i have been making and using the solution for various ilness and I know that a strong PPM can kill the Ebola virus. The powers that bee in U.S has always kicked against it, because it will course bad market for them. When I saw that someone came up with the solution, I knew they will kick against it, don't be suprise that the active ingredient in the so called Zmapp is nano-silver. My machine can make 12 liters of the solution per process, If I was in the country I would have tried to contact any of these agencies that will listen. I hope that Chukwu and co, will go with their gut feeling and don't listen to the ney sayers.

Lets try it, it will work.

I trust you !
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am not a worshipper. I am a REALIST. Don't be ridiculous, if you or one of your family members suffered from Ebola, you would be the first to cry for foreign aid. Africa has come of what? Nigeria struggles even with electricity and you want them to cure Ebola. Go and let nano silver be tested on yourself.
It is your family that will contract ebola. Next time you bring my family into your madness I will throw caution into the wind and mess you yu in dis forum!!!!! Inferior dimwit

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by InvertedHammer: 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
/
Desperate time calls for desperate measures.

I will vote that they go ahead and use the nano-silver.

FDA approval means nothing. The vaccines used in Kano were FDA-approved after all. Yet it destroyed many lives.

Any resident of USA is familiar with the commercial that goes thus,"Have you or your loved one taken _______, and developed
____________,call this number 1-800-__________ for compensation".

If you listen to drug advertisements on TV, you will never want to take any medications at all.
They tell you what the drug is used for. Then the list of adverse side effects follows. Gosh. The adverse effects are
even worse than the original ailment.

For me, FDA does not mean much just like the rating agencies.

\

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
let the US leave us all alone with our pesticide,all we are saying give us cure to ebola.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: It is your family that will contract ebola. Next time you bring my family into your madness I will throw caution into the wind and mess you yu in dis forum!!!!! Inferior dimwit

Did I insult your family? Learn to read before you freak out.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: My dear, they don't av patent right to nano silver. Who gv dem dat ryt? Lol.. Anyway, I believe bitter kola more any "drugs". Its 2 per day in my house grin

How are yu doin sweety?

Am doin good, dearest. How's yu?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ceejayluv(m): 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
tk4rd: If Nano silver can help., then, let it help..
Do we have a chance.?
If we don't have the zmapp, and we have something at hand already, do we wait for zmapp that we don't even have yet.?
Or do we wait until the people are about to die, so that we administer our nanosilver and watch the magic that might follow.?
Nano silver is as good as saline water and kola therapy.
segzy14: let the US leave us all alone with our pesticide,all we are saying give us cure to ebola.

Leave you alone or give you cure, what now?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by dasparrow: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

BLA BLA BLA

I agree! You are a Nigerian, ain't you? What's stopping you from leading the way? Finding a solution perhaps? Talk is cheap. Coming on social media to huff and puff, blow hot air and throw insults at Nigeria and her incompetency in the health sector is cheap. Let's not just talk the talk but walk the walk as in DO SOMETHING!

Jeez!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Leave you alone or give you cure, what now?

i mean nigeria should give us cure not US
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
andrewza:

it was test just not on people
they shd mind dia business and leave us alone. I dnt gv 1 fvck abt their help. Nano must be tried but in bitter Kola I trust
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ceejayluv(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
duni04:
Lol its a shame! And u look good o
She's clearly a bimbo....
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
dasparrow:

Thank you! I have a bottle of Silver Biotics at home (see pic attached) which is the same as colloidal silver and Nano silver I suppose. Colloidal silver/Silver biotics supports the immune system. The Americans swear by this thing just going by the comments on the products page on amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/American-Biotech-Labs-Biotics-Ultimate/dp/B009D0WBWI/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1408205377&sr=1-1&keywords=nano+silver

So, I don't know why people are making so much noise. I read several comments by Americans who say that this colloidal silver/silver biotics is always in their medicine cabinet at home. They have used to it to cure nasty ear infections, sore throat, cold/catarrh, they have even used it on their beloved pets like dogs and cats and it worked wonders. So, after reading, I purchased a bottle of it from amazon.com while in the States and I still have it with me. If Nano silver is the same thing, then I say Nigerians should try it abeg.

@Post

I say, try it. America will not support any cheap drug that can potentially heal a person of a deadly virus because their pharmaceutical companies want to make money. USA does not owe us ZMAPP and Nigeria deserves to find a solution to this deadly virus. I am not sure if colloidal silver otherwise known as Nano silver will cure people of ebola but I know that those who may not have the disease but who came in contact with a secondary person like the people in the plane with Sawyer could try Nano silver to boost their immune system thereby making it more difficult for the disease to ravage the organs in the body. Just a suggestion....don't crucify me.

Spot on my brother. So much ignorance and chest beating/govt bashing on this thread. Let us try it first and if it doesnt work, then we'll know what next to do. No need to start jubilating till we get a result, positive or negative. One thing is for sure, any cheap drug or herbal remedy to any deadly disease will not be sanctioned by the west as their pharmaceutical companies would not make a dime out of it. The sooner African leaders understood the intricasies of world politics, the better they can position thier the continent for better bargains.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ceejayluv(m): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bernardinho: qosh!! U quys are so irritatinq with ur "only we can" behaviour.You hoarded ur so called cure 4 ebola n now we created our own n u label it "pesticide" Y cant u js allow us use our pesticide instead of suckinq,, white MONKEYS!!!
We created what??... Sorry, but you're daft...
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
segzy14:

i mean nigeria should give us cure not US

In an ideal world, yes.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ceejayluv(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
Adetayo100: Give them no gree give, we make our own those fuckerz call am pesticide

God purnish American
We make wetin?.. Bros, you dull oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases / Help I Need A Drugs That Can Make Me Last Long In Bed / I Have This Skin Problem And I Am About To Get Married (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.