Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide (64461 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by lebesgue(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
The amount of ignorance on this thread is staggering.

20 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by mencade5(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
God forbid bad thing.

Nigerian doctors, killing patients since 1900. Let them try the nano on their children first before they give innocent nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by gboss0(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
stoopid motherf#?!ers give us drug,they wunt give nw we make our own, u condem ,God punish all dose u said that may ebola catch dem.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Danjunior(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
size38: Nigeria should go develop their own drugs not depending on other peoples sweat and investments. Just yesterday GEJ sacked 16,000 resident Doctors in Nigeria. Have we seen America or any other developed countries do this? Have we seen from other countries where universities and polytechnics were shot down for several months? All these happens in nigeria frequently.
and did strikes start in gejs time. Its being der everly since. Nigerians are their own problem

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ZUBY77(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
stardragon:
first to contrat ebola or what?

Watch your mouth there.

Didnt you see the name Zuby on the original post?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Korrection(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
oh come on shut up...stay on track please.....
size38: Nigeria should go develop their own drugs not depending on other peoples sweat and investments. Just yesterday GEJ sacked 16,000 resident Doctors in Nigeria. Have we seen America or any other developed countries do this? Have we seen from other countries where universities and polytechnics were shot down for several months? All these happens in nigeria frequently.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by kobonaire(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Moblord: I told u.. They created this virus.
Yes, you are rice, I saw a pishure on NL of Obama himself cooking this virus in the white house kitchen shocked

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by nairaman66(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
overhypedsteve: We need the pesticide.

You don't need to wait to get the pesticide! JIK BLEACH will do the trick. Besides, it is inexpensive.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ibdeals1(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
yes they shud shut it,we want the pesticide angry
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by kobonaire(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
lebesgue: The amount of ignorance on this thread is staggering.
It's just another normal day on NL cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Godjone(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Whether na pesticides or insecticide or na otapiapia na our business e no concern UNa. Useless us! grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by mickyarams: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Of course the Americans don't want the cure to come from a black country because they want us to continue to depend on them for everything. We will find the cure for this Ebola they have created just like HIV, they can ridicule us as much as they want, God will make the pesticide work. God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
chidi2pus: This is really shameful.
It surprises me that we still have universities in this country that offer disciplines such as Med & surgery, Pharmacy,Dentistry,Microbiology nad biochemistry...It is more surprising that in these fields, we have professors and authorities.

Where are the authorities,professors and graduates when you need em?

cry cry cry

Where is the funding?

This is one of the main reasons ASUU goes on strike....but most people pretend that they are striking only for salaries.

Plus....where is the light? Will you conduct good research in a country where light is patchy...and water does not flow24/7?

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Our Traditional Practitioners said Bitter Kola, US kicked against it.

Our illustrous son who is a medic developed Nano Silver, USA called it pesticide.

To hell with USA!! We are not under their phucking Drugs Agency! In bitter Kola and Nano Silver we trust!!!!

#Africa has come of age
#Nigeria has come of Age

Have you considered that the US may have been right both times? Are you interested in fact or in sentiments?

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by adezzy01(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
we should test our pesticides like that biko
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by nairaman66(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
chelseabmw: I dont even know what to say.... US should be ashame of themselves ......na only war matter them sabi lipsrsealed

They are the world's police! Where is Britain when you need them? They can only help you to conceal large sums of foreign exchange, that's what they know how to do best!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by AdeniyiA(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
it amount to calling dog a bad name in order to hang it.
There's nothing as embarrassing as to seeing someone does what you believe he/she can't do or couldn't be done. How i wish our govt cud just call their bluff and encourage the citizens to do our things our way. I blame our cluelessly corrupt leaders for this embarrassment undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by abworld6deep(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yes we need it..let them term it pesticides, we really need to put it to work...We dont have that time to waste, peoples lives are @ stakes.

What is the essence of all these research units and labs? Let them do the needful and let us know the negavity implications involved.
I believed the decoy putting this stuff down too have their own careers too on the line...There must be something good about that drug if they can give it to us and put up a video to that effect on youtube denoucing what US FDA or what so called saying regarding it...

Am getting pissing off about US stand on this trivail issue..

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
[size=14pt]YESTERDAY I SAID: "I SEE WHAT YOU MODS ARE DOING" AND IT WAS HIDDEN.

SOMEONE QUOTED ME AND ASKED ME WHAT THE MODS WERE DOING, AND THEIR POST WAS HIDDEN TOO.

I SEE YOU MODS. I EFFING SEE YOU. YOU WANT TO DISGRACE NIGERIA WITH THIS BULLSHIT.
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Korrection(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
yes oh my brother even in boko haram camp.... grin
hikmojj: hmmmmmm.........only Allah knows the hidden
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
xp17: if you want to shittt on a road, make sure you ain't going to pass that road again. Nigeria don't really need to reply the US in other to use the nano silver.

speaking from common sense, the so called nano silver appears like scam to me. this is just an independent business man who is looking to put more money in his bank . beside, nano Silver was not originally meant to cure Ebola, it was for other unrelated sicknesses, unlike the azmap which was made just for this purpose .hence, US skepticism should be given a benefit of doubt.

if nano silver must be used, no federal budget or commitment must be made until it becomes the right medicine for Ebola . more so, a plan B (azmap) should also be seek for, incase this fails .and from the way Nigeria is taking it, I don't see US obliging to our future requests for azmap, should nano silver fails. perhaps, they are awaiting Nigeria crawling back to them, begging like a baby.

answer for the gods only

this thread go make sense.

Oya let the bashing begin.

gan gan gan gan !!!

will you buy a drug without you testing it?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
so u.s think they're lord of lords..only theirs is right nd good..

to hell with them nd their rodenticide (zmapp)
hope they've nt forgotten zmapp was developed from rodent

even if an insecticide or indocid works against ebola we will use it

period!
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
Facts about nano silver

1.It has no proven anti-viral activity....either in animals or in humans.

2.It is used as a topical anti-bacterial agent., and for other bio-medical uses.

3.It was not invented by an African or a Nigerian.

For more info....Google for the article :Nanosilver particles in medical applications: synthesis, performance, and toxicity

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Korrection(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
now thats why we need consultants in laboratory fields..reseachers should swing into action even if doctors are on strike they will still prescribe drugs made my pharmacists...stoooopid azzhooles...
abworld6deep: Yes we need it..let them term it pesticides, we really need to put it to work...We dont haave that time to waste, peoples lives are stakes.

What is the essence of all these research units and labs? Let them do the needful and let us know the negavity implications involved.
I beleived the decoy putting this stuff down too have their own careers too on the line...There must be something good about that drug if they can give it to us and put up a video to that effect on youtube denoucing what US FAD or what so called saying regarding it...

Am getting pissing off about US stand on this trivail issue..

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by AdeniyiA(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
...and yes, the USA are the parasitic ebola pests ,PEP ,which we needed nano-silver to flush out of our systems nd national life. angry
#we need d pesticides.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Have you considered that the US may have been right both times? Are you interested in fact or in sentiments?
we are not answerable to the US. They are NOT right to dictate to us as long as I am concerned.

#Nigeria Has Come of Age

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Idrismusty97(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
MissMeiya: Whoever put this on the front page is a type A móron on a mission. Vanguard quotes two people and calls it "a social media backlash".

I hate this site. Look at what you caused with your foolish misinformation yesterday.

[size=16pt]There is no effing drug called nanosilver. It is an antibacterial compound that has been in existence for years.[/size] But the dummy who titled and promoted yesterday's threads wants people to think this "nameless Nigerian in the diaspora" invented it.

WHY must you embarrass Nigeria like this? Are you secretly a white racist? The world is laughing at us.
If you hate this site so much then hop out! Are you at gun point to comment?

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by fm7070: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
US is friendly enemy.
Their assistance is embedded with disaster

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Alexk2(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Princek12:
Since majority of Nigerians are either illiterates or
educated illiterates, their response to America's claim does not
surprise me. The sci

Which laboratory was used in the development? Has it been tested on
animals?
Good luck to the people taking Nigeria's Ebola drug.

u are so lucky that i don't go insulting but bros., you shld think again abt all that you post here.
do u seriously think the health minister and all the health professionals don't know all these?....again, who said the dectector of this nono-silver is anonymous-u need to read abt the genesis again..
pls., check ur facts b4 going viral with ur insults.
Btw., who said itz only USA that can test an experimental drugs and certified them for use?....did any country tested there Zmapp b4 they used it on there citizens?
must we continue now to wait for them even after refusing to give us there own Zmapp..
don't we have an effective Nafdac and renowned scientist who can check the drugs for us?

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by pacretus(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
andrewza: How did nigeria develop this. They do not have a BL4 lab and have no reported attemptes at trying to counter Ebola? Any case this strain is only 55% fatel more people will die from the flue in lagos than ebola. With 11 cases I would instead spend my resources on tracking down every one they got in to close contacted with. That way you can limt the spread and keep it out the slums.
ok.you do that in your country l'afric de sud.or has augugust defeated you in militarily.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Idrismusty97: If you hate this site so much then hop out! Are you at gun point to comment?

Are you the internet police? How is it your business? Eff off.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Help I Need A Drugs That Can Make Me Last Long In Bed / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases / A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.