Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife (11887 Views)

Poll: Do you like the Good Wife Guide?

Yes: 41% (12 votes)
No: 58% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… / Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / The Wonderful Achievements Of A 6 Months Old Nairalander (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

What protection and from what
I know i will be a good wifey wink

Protection from predators, sexual deviants and sexual harrassments/assaults.
Imagine if Monica Lewinsky was a full housewife. . . . . grin cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

Protection from predators, sexual deviants and sexual harrassments/assaults.
Imagine if Monica Lewinsky was a full housewife. . . . . grin cheesy

Roflmao, maybe she wudnt have given clinton's best BJs tongue of his life but look on the bright side shes made money n find fame from it grin tongue
but i will still take my chances cool
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

Roflmao, maybe she wudnt have given clinton's best BJs tongue of his life but look on the bright side shes made money n find fame from it grin tongue
but i will still  take my chances cool

So u would rather be a Monica because of the money than be a decent full housewife??
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2008
u missing the point
So because monica f****d clinton, women are not supoose to work
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

u missing the point
So because monica f****d clinton, women are not supoose to work

I am saying there's a HUGE RISK out there and it's better to be safe than sorry. . . .
Monica was able to leak the story because she is Caucasian. . . . .
How many Nigerian women would go to the media that they got shagged in the office??
What is to say it does not happen everyday in Nigeria but people don't talk about it because of the social stigma attached to such gists??
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2008
So i guess you are saying, you wudnt allow you wife to work?
well anyways . . .
For me not work, my husband must earning a hell lot of money and be prepare to take care of all my needs :DSo
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

For me not work, my husband must earning a hell lot of money and be prepare to take care of all my needs cheesy

Of course!!!!

Say like 10 mil in your account at any given time, will that do?? cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

Of course!!!!

Say like 10 mil in your account at any given time, will that do?? cheesy

Happy days grin grin grin
New york, Paris, LA and Tokyo here i come, will shop till drop grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

Happy days grin grin grin
New york, Paris, LA and Tokyo here i come, will shop till drop grin

U are a good business woman.

@Sisikill,

I have a new convert. . . . .

Whatz the headcount now?? grin cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

U are a good business woman.

Business ke
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

Business ke

Yea. . . . .
U are open to negotiations. . . . .
Stay at home, pick up 10 mil and u AGREED!!!
It would be nice doing business with u.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2008
Tope, my Naija Sister it saddens me to see you arguing with a man like this? Please don't be hardheaded, just submit now and everything. . . life will be perfect, just like mine. Don't act like non-naija women because you might end up on the losing end of the stick. Let me share a story with you, something that will give you pause and hopefully make you rethink your stance.

The Problem with Mixed-Marriages

I am very miffed today, I could scream but I won’t, I know how unladylike it is to do such a thing. If you are anything like me, I’m sure you understand why anger is not a good thing for a Good Naija wife. . . It sets the tone for the day and it might end up ruining our Husbands’ mood.

First of all, I want to make it very clear that I am not racist or anything but Naija men who marry foreigners make me so mad! These women don’t understand our ways and all they do is complain. I was at the grocery store getting steak for my husband’s dinner when this woman approached me, I guess she figured I was a Naija wife, since I had the tag with MRS (my husband's name) on my neck. Anyway, she wanted to know if I could tell her how to cook Efo riro, gbegiri and laafu for her Nigerian. . . Yoruba husband.

At first I wasn’t going to but then I thought of the poor Naija man who is probably reduced to eating toast, mashed potatoes and gravy morning afternoon and night. So I called my husband at work to seek his permission and of course he was absolutely receptive to the idea of teaching another woman the art of catering to her husband’s every need. Having gotten permission, we went to a coffee shop and started talking and she told me the real reason why she wanted to learn to cook for her husband’s native food.

Apparently, he had told her she wasn’t Nigerian enough for him. . . this after 6yrs of marriage and a son. He told her he was seeing another Nigerian woman (Whoopii! They always come back home) because she (the wife) worked too many long hours. . . she tried to excuse it by saying she had no choice because she didn’t want the Landlord kicking them out for not paying rent but I immediately told her not to even go there. That was such a flimsy excuse, working long hours to keep the roof over your family’s head?

What crock!

Anyway, the new girl is an illegal in the country, she can’t work and most likely relies on the Naija man for money. . . obviously why he fell for her. Lastly, he told her (his foreign wife) he didn’t want to be seen with her outside their home i.e no going to church or party with him. . . can you blame him? She is not a Naija wife.

Upset and at a loss on what to, she sought advice from our fellow Naija sisters who immediately told her not to lose hope, despite the fact that he does not come home to sleep. The lovely, generous Naija sisters also told her to go learn how to cook his food because you know the old saying. . . the way to a man’s heart his through his stomach.

So there you have it.

I won’t lie to you ladies. . . I was ready to get up and leave after she finished telling her story because I was so disgusted! This woman is such a deceiver! Can you imagine what length she must have gone to convince her poor husband she was Nigerian for 6 years! Six good years!! Thank God for the asylum seeking Naija girlfriend who opened his eyes and he finally realized the other woman wasn’t Nigerian enough for him. . . . but that’s six years down the drain!

Anyway, since I had already called my husband to seek his permission to help her, I called him back to tell him how I couldn’t help this woman because of her deceiving ways. He calmed me down and told me to remember the Naija man, he reminded me that our goal was to take our families back from the axis of evil. Fight the terrorist outside the home. . . so we don’t have to fight them in our home.

So I stayed and decided to help this foreigner keep one of our brothers. First stop, was gaining his love back and it had nothing to do with cooking his favorite food. . . . at least not yet. We needed to bring him home first and the only way to do it is taking care of his Asylum seeking Naija Girlfriend.

I have to stop here for today but I will continue as soon as I get the chance to.

Love and Kisses for our Naija husbands.

A Good Naija Wife

The Perfect Naija Wife
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by LadyT(f): 12:06am On Oct 22, 2008
kiss

LMAO

This should go under role play. I love it
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2008
Finally you are getting it, it is all about playing the right tole.

Man - Head of the home, commander in chief, King of the House
Woman - Whatever the man wants her to be.

If everyone played their roles, our families won't be in trouble today.

I am very happy that you seem to be coming around. Please for the love of our husbands, stand firm in your position to submit.

Blessings upon our Najia Husbands. smiley
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by monatoetje: 1:37am On Oct 22, 2008
When was that article written : in the stoneage ROFL

When i look at the picture , i think it was published somewhere in the 50s60s , so in the time that the wife`s only duty was to stay home and take care of the kids, husband & the house,

It`s so out of date!!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by omoge(f): 2:12am On Oct 22, 2008
embarassed
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 2:14am On Oct 22, 2008
This is a clip to accompany the guide posted, it shows us what to do and how to do it. Please for the sake of our families, watch this video. I convinced my husband to install a small black and white TV for me in our kitchen so I can watch these inspirational tapes while I cook his food. I think it makes my food sweeter, at least that’s what he tells me, he says he can taste my obedience and submission in the food.

You too can gift your husband with this kind of experience; all you have to do is pay attention.

May our husbands live long.

A Good Naija wife.

Enjoy.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7T6VqK3Hbs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 2:16am On Oct 22, 2008
omoge:

embarassed

Rotflmao! wasa ne, walahi!

Ki tambaiyi Karma, ta gani.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by monatoetje: 2:22am On Oct 22, 2008
OMG !! Tell me you`re joking!
So becaus of one white lady you met ALL MIXED RACE marriages don`t work?
Please , don`t say you`re NOT a racist, you obviously are one.
I do not understand how another woman can say that the lady is the deceiver , while the husband is screwing another woman??
And why MUST we foreign women HAVE to ACT like Nigerians? They  are not Nigerians and if those  Nigerian men would`ve wanted a Nigerian woman they should have married one, period!
For Christ sake , if any non Nigerian partner would demand their Nigerian husband/wife to act 100% ALL hell would brake loose and their white counterpart will be called a racist & a controllfreak who has no respect for her/his partners culture/background.
A marriage obviously cannot work if there no mutual understanding  , respect & love,

Linda

Baby Jinx:

Tope, my Naija Sister it saddens me to see you arguing with a man like this? Please don't be hardheaded, just submit now and everything. . . life will be perfect, just like mine. Don't act like non-naija women because you might end up on the losing end of the stick. Let me share a story with you, something that will give you pause and hopefully make you rethink your stance.

The Problem with Mixed-Marriages

I am very miffed today, I could scream but I won’t, I know how unladylike it is to do such a thing. If you are anything like me, I’m sure you understand why anger is not a good thing for a Good Naija wife. . . It sets the tone for the day and it might end up ruining our Husbands’ mood.

First of all, I want to make it very clear that I am not racist or anything but Naija men who marry foreigners make me so mad! These women don’t understand our ways and all they do is complain. I was at the grocery store getting steak for my husband’s dinner when this woman approached me, I guess she figured I was a Naija wife, since I had the tag with MRS (my husband's name) on my neck. Anyway, she wanted to know if I could tell her how to cook Efo riro, gbegiri and laafu for her Nigerian. . . Yoruba husband.

At first I wasn’t going to but then I thought of the poor Naija man who is probably reduced to eating toast, mashed potatoes and gravy morning afternoon and night. So I called my husband at work to seek his permission and of course he was absolutely receptive to the idea of teaching another woman the art of catering to her husband’s every need. Having gotten permission, we went to a coffee shop and started talking and she told me the real reason why she wanted to learn to cook for her husband’s native food.

Apparently, he had told her she wasn’t Nigerian enough for him. . . this after 6yrs of marriage and a son. He told her he was seeing another Nigerian woman (Whoopii! They always come back home) because she (the wife) worked too many long hours. . . she tried to excuse it by saying she had no choice because she didn’t want the Landlord kicking them out for not paying rent but I immediately told her not to even go there. That was such a flimsy excuse, working long hours to keep the roof over your family’s head?

What crock!

Anyway, the new girl is an illegal in the country, she can’t work and most likely relies on the Naija man for money. . . obviously why he fell for her. Lastly, he told her (his foreign wife) he didn’t want to be seen with her outside their home i.e no going to church or party with him. . . can you blame him? She is not a Naija wife.

Upset and at a loss on what to, she sought advice from our fellow Naija sisters who immediately told her not to lose hope, despite the fact that he does not come home to sleep. The lovely, generous Naija sisters also told her to go learn how to cook his food because you know the old saying. . . the way to a man’s heart his through his stomach.

So there you have it.

I won’t lie to you ladies. . . I was ready to get up and leave after she finished telling her story because I was so disgusted! This woman is such a deceiver! Can you imagine what length she must have gone to convince her poor husband she was Nigerian for 6 years! Six good years!! Thank God for the asylum seeking Naija girlfriend who opened his eyes and he finally realized the other woman wasn’t Nigerian enough for him. . . . but that’s six years down the drain!

Anyway, since I had already called my husband to seek his permission to help her, I called him back to tell him how I couldn’t help this woman because of her deceiving ways. He calmed me down and told me to remember the Naija man, he reminded me that our goal was to take our families back from the axis of evil. Fight the terrorist outside the home. . . so we don’t have to fight them in our home.

So I stayed and decided to help this foreigner keep one of our brothers. First stop, was gaining his love back and it had nothing to do with cooking his favorite food. . . . at least not yet. We needed to bring him home first and the only way to do it is taking care of his Asylum seeking Naija Girlfriend.

I have to stop here for today but I will continue as soon as I get the chance to.

Love and Kisses for our Naija husbands.

A Good Naija Wife

The Perfect Naija Wife
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by monatoetje: 2:28am On Oct 22, 2008
, What if the wife ALSO works 40 hours a week, or what if she HAS to work , because the husband does not have a job at the moment
She needs to work , othwerwise there will be no money for food , insurance and for rent of the house?
And don`t tell me should quit her job , they cannot risk to loose the house and live in a carton box, grin

Baby Jinx:

This is a clip to accompany the guide posted, it shows us what to do and how to do it. Please for the sake of our families, watch this video. I convinced my husband to install a small black and white TV for me in our kitchen so I can watch these inspirational tapes while I cook his food. I think it makes my food sweeter, at least that’s what he tells me, he says he can taste my obedience and submission in the food.

You too can gift your husband with this kind of experience; all you have to do is pay attention.

May our husbands live long.

A Good Naija wife.

Enjoy.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7T6VqK3Hbs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 2:30am On Oct 22, 2008
I get the feeling you not a Naija woman, so you won't understand.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by monatoetje: 2:34am On Oct 22, 2008
No , i`m not and why won`t i understand it?
99% of the people who responded in this thread , and who happen to be Nigerians DO NOT UNDERSTAND your ways of reasoning either. wink

Baby Jinx:

I get the feeling you not a Naija woman, so you won't understand.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 2:45am On Oct 22, 2008
I'm sorry you feel that way, I won't argue with you because good Naija wife argues or raises her voice for that matter. We'll handle it the civilized way, if you are married, my husband will pen a letter to your husband and they can both settle it.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by KarmaMod(f): 2:47am On Oct 22, 2008
Sisi, you are killing me angry
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 2:53am On Oct 22, 2008
Rotflmao! I'm killing myself too! Yeeesh, can you believe there are women like that in real life? Are they mad?!!!!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by omoge(f): 3:19am On Oct 22, 2008
wasa ki/ka ya yuwa fa. menine ki/ka chi? sour doya? grin
alright jikin na ina yin dadi cool
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by omoge(f): 3:20am On Oct 22, 2008
sai gobe ina yin barichi wink
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by namun(f): 5:22am On Oct 22, 2008
no problem being a house wife if d man opens up a mighty boutique or business for me. so id be going 2 d shop once in 2 supervise. if you decide to leave ur job for a man who is not ADEQUATELY ABLE TO TAKE CAR OF YOU, then its like if anything happens 2 d man or there is a fight he's going 2 throw iu out witout lukin bak and den ud go under d bridge if u dont ve someone 2 mange wit. luk at a lot of ur mates dat fell out of love selling biscuit on d roadsoide
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by namun(f): 5:25am On Oct 22, 2008
staying at home is an option for one who wants 2 suffer
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by namun(f): 5:40am On Oct 22, 2008
please, who posted such athing as stupid and unrealistic as dis article. im not against submitting to ur husband because the bible says so but the bible doesnt say slavery cos everything u wrote ere is about the man no body ever remebers dat God mandates d man to LOVE his wife d way xrist loves d church. a man dat loves u would not take it as his birthright to be un faithful but would respect u and treat u as d most important thing in his life

1 Like

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by monatoetje: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2008
The only mad person in this topic is you wink

I have nothing against women who choose to stay at home mums and who believe in the things you believe in. That`s your right , however i do have a HUGE problem with narrow minded people LIKE you who say that modern society`s are work of the devil.

Baby Jinx:

Rotflmao! I'm killing myself too! Yeeesh, can you believe there are women like that in real life? Are they mad?!!!!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Hugger: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2008
This is rubbish. A woman is not a slave and I think this is written by a woman trying to make sure no woman accepts Biblical injunctions.
The bible does not say a woman is a slave but a help meet. The man needs the woman but he is the head of the family. There are roles for both husband and wife within a family.

For anyone to ridicule a good family set up and to imply that the woman who stays submissive is a fool is absolute nonsense. As someone stated, submission is not stupidity but acknowledgement that the man is head of the family. Submission also does not mean that the woman has no voice. The madness of the world is making too many people infer things and try proving things that are basically wrong.

My mother is submissive in our family and she is not a slave. She actually has a higher educational qualification than my dad because my dad was working in Northampton after his first degree while my mum did other studies and she was still working until recently. Getting these things right is important and there's no point in ridiculing it.

An attempt to destroy the basis of the family is what the poster is about.

If anyone choses to live without acknowledging the man as head of family, it's fine because each to their own. you dont have to use sinister means to try and make Nigerians follow the unsuccessful women's lib style of living.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Feel Betrayed By My Wife. : What Do I Do? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? / Make Your Home More Beautiful With Our "pandemic season" Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.