Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:45 AM

New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus (23065 Views)

He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / White People Are Worshiping EBOLA Virus And It Looks Like They Are Doing Magic! / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by fiverrwin(f): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Privention better pass death ohhh
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Chuukwudi(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by omoredia: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Get today!

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Get Twitter and Instagram instant followers. No need to follow back. Its that easy! http://skylnk.co/kHPTWh
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by assana: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
smartkid00: Dia r thousandz of wayz,2 contact Ebola! fink abt de money dat passes 4rm one hand 2 anoda,de food itemz we buy n market dat passes 4rm hand 2 hand,etc Na only God de save us o.
Infact @ smartkidoo u r truly right.
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nice move.... Heaven helps those who help dem selves...Its well...

2 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Odunharry(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
grin

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by iceberylin(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
nobody wan Die BUT they wan go heaven smiley
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by UjSizzle(f): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
grin fear fear people

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by KOMBE: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
We don't need the fear of ebola to stop this unhealthy practice. Have since 2000 stopped taking holy communion.
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Arysexy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ebola: Catholic bishops opt for communion in hand
By akachukwu / August 16, 2014 / 0 Comments

Share Print Email

LAGOS – The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria has approved the reception of Holy Communion in the hand as a precautionary measure against the spread of the Ebola virus. This is contained in a statement issued in Lagos on Saturday by the Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Most Rev. Alfred Martins. The statement said although the traditional receipt of Holy Communion remained communion on the tongue, “the faithful must prepare for this alternative means of receiving it. “Due reverence to Jesus in the Holy Eucharist must be maintained. “It is important that when the faithful receive the Eucharistic bread in their hands, they must put it in their mouth, consume the host immediately before returning to their seats”, added the statement. It stressed that the traditional formula for receiving Communion must be maintained, adding that when the Priest says, “The Body of Christ”; the communicant responds: “Amen.” It emphasised that care must be taken not to allow the particles of the host to fall or scatter. “The communicant must keep his or her hands clean and maintain a reverential comportment that befits the Body of Christ.

“The Priest or Eucharistic Minister should give the Communion to the faithful themselves. The faithful are not permitted to take the host from the Ciborium or Paten.’’ The statement said the kneeling down and expressing adoration and reverence before receiving communion must be observed, adding that it was spiritually significant. “For in kneeling, a person makes himself/herself small before the presence of God before whom every knee shall bend (Phil. 2:10). “As Benedict XVI reminded; here his bodily gesture attains the status of a confession of faith, we must insist on this.’’ Martins, in the statement, prayed that the Lord Jesus present in the Holy Eucharist should heal Nigeria and protect her in these trying times. (NAN)

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Afrok(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ok... That's good. Well I've not been to church for like 2 weeks now, so I don't know if "our love song" after each service where we do hold hands is still being sang although no Ebola case is yet to be reported in PH city.
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by cold(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ahh..i get it now,self preservation is the first law of nature..Who wan die?Abeg heaven can wait

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Arysexy(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
The option of receiving communion in the hand has always been there, if u stretch out ur hand u will be given, for those that watch EWTN and other Catholic Tv channels, this has been the way the west receive communion, so it's not knew to the church. The reason why Nigeria church prefer hand to tongue is because of hygiene as u must have handled offertory money and also shook hand during sign of peace before communion time.

Some one raised this issue at church today, but the Rev Fr advised one get a Sanitizer or put ur offertory money in envelope so ur hand can be clean for hand to hand communion.

We shall overcome Ebola.

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by cold(m): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
musKeeto: At least, dem don sabi where Jesus power reach. Dem for no use their brain na. undecided
Dem no dey tell old man to comot for sun

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Indializzie(f): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Their christianity is questionable. Y dnt they close down d church as well,to prevent ebola.

3 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by thewarrior72: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
musKeeto: At least, dem don sabi where Jesus power reach. Dem for no use their brain na. undecided
Brain dead fellow tongue

2 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
na wa o...
something must kill a man na.Its cool their decision but i cant run from someone or neigbour cos of Ebola.If the thing catch me,i die go,i no better pass people wey don die jare.Nonsence!!!The same die wey una dey run go still jam una,na people wey dey run sef dey quick die.Una know how many times i don beg God and devil to kill me?no be me still dey drink palmi right now for my town?

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by TeenageMoney(m): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nice
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Ignatio(m): 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
During the sign of peace I shook only my sister and family friend.
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by poiZon: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
lynpetra: na wa o...
something must kill a man na.Its cool their decision but i cant run from someone or neigbour cos of Ebola.If the thing catch me,i die go,i no better pass people wey don die jare.Nonsence!!!The same die wey una dey run go still jam una,na people wey dey run sef dey quick die.Una know how many times i don beg God and devil to kill me?no be me still dey drink palmi right now for my town?

y u no add boosh meat? cheesy

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by poiZon: 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
communion now for church na serve urself o.
buffer things.

2 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by profeoo(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
ayusco85: Well I think the catholic church are more sensitive than other churches, taking proactive measures in preventing this ebola spread. In my church today, we were meant to shake our neighbours cry I almost turned him down, but I was like what the hell, abola hasn't reached the north angry. Buut I think all churches should follow in the foot steps of the catholic church in suspending some church practices that involve body contact.

That moment when ur pastor says "There is someone here in the congregation with ebola" grin
that shows there is lack of faith and trust in the church. Whatever happened to faith in God? Smh. Instead of such 'faithless decree,I think sanitizers should be encourage. Love never fails.....not even ebola should limit the ways we express love for our brothers!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by uzolexis(f): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon: communion now for church na serve urself o.
buffer things.

lmao grin grin grin this cracked me up

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon:
poiZon:

i dont like bush meat right from time cos i dont eat red meat,if not u think say because of ebola,i go kon stop wetin i dey enjoy?mtchewwww!!i cant live a 'too careful' life,just like my ex wud always say,"baby,everyone has got his/her bullet,when ur time comes it hits you.Sorry!but thats d fuccking life"

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by uzolexis(f): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
profeoo: that shows there is lack of faith and trust in the church. Whatever happened to faith in God? Smh. Instead of such 'faithless decree,I think sanitizers should be encourage. Love never fails.....not even ebola should limit the ways we express love for our brothers!!!!!!!
Christianity does not mean stupidity,these are preventive measures which are very reasonable,there's a reason God gave us brains...because we have faith we should not protect ourselves right??that is why Nigerian christians are easily brain washed cause we have refused to think....pls go and jump down from 3rd mainland bridge cause you have faith angry angry

6 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by ceejay80s(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
This one na small,
i no dey borow people biro for bank agaîn
the guy looked at me and said devil and i looked at him and said 'ebola' withìn 5mìns ,men in white protectíve cloth enta bank and took the man away...
End of Part 1
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by poiZon: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=lynpetra][/quote]

so no chewables with dis kind better palmy?
not even busicuits or kulikuli. i heard those collabos na bomb for bedMATICS!
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Me no feet wear handglove cos of ebola.Wetin sef,ebola ebola,una know how many people wey mot jam kill today?abi na people wey no wake up,abi na the ones wey die for prison,what of the ones wey die for labour room?mtcheew!preventive measure ko,me still dey hug,kiss,give Mouth Action to my bobo for lag,and his hospt na first consultant.If i die,make i die,and i no go even die sef.GOD SEF DON TELL ME SAY HIM NO NEED ME YET,SAY I TOO DRINK,I FIT ENTER HEAVEN OPEN OGOGORO JOINT WITH PEPPERED KPOMO.

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon:

so no chewables with dis kind better palmy?
not even busicuits or kulikuli. i heard those collabos na bomb for bedMATICS!
pepper soup dey my side na.Bros na village broom i dey take comot meat wey hang my teeth,toothpick dey break.God bless my elder brother union.Amen.
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by poiZon: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
lynpetra: pepper soup dey my side na.Bros na village broom i dey take comot meat wey hang my teeth,toothpick dey break.God bless my elder brother union.Amen.

can i CUM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere: Daddy Freeze Speaks Truth, I Watch His Videos / Philippines Sing In Igbo At The Lord's Chosen Church (Video) / Pastor Loses Election In Anambra, Faints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.