Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,885 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? (6370 Views)

Look At Where Love Have Landed Me / Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by festy: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2005
do u think he/she is wrong
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Duncan(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2005
Well friends, i really like us to understand what LOVE means in its true sense. Love is not what people takes it to be today. What people see as Love today is not Love but LUST. Now down to what love means... It means Sacrifice. Doing something for somebody out of compassion and without expecting something in returns.

Now lets address the What transpires between two people: Loving someone is knowing the person, and knowing someone is loving him; it's difficult for you to say you love somebody when you have not known him/her. If you found yourself saying you love someone when you have not known him/her, then you are actually lusting after him/her. People, feel attraction for each other base on so many factors..... But here is the point...Loving someone has little or nothing to do with money but Attraction does. If you are not perceived to be rich....you probably may not get attracted to somebody.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by seunsmith2(m): 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2005
[color=#990000][/color]
Love Anything To do with money. Love Comes straight from the heart and its unconditional.
We shouldn't be saying love has something to do with money. If is because of money we love, am afraid to tell you we all making a mistake. If the money finished today that means we will go in our ways. My opinion is that we should love right from our heart so we will be able to understand ourselves.

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2005
My point exactly, seun-smith. cheesy
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by blackweaver(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2005
anyone who has read 'rich dad poor dad' will be familiar with the phrase "The lack of money is the root of all evil" o boy without that money the love will have a very hard time staying alive, yes money can make love much more enjoyable
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2005
If you put your hope and love in money then, yes, the lack of it is the root of evil.

But it's not wise to base your love on money. You will get disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by kamakula: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2005
it is not wise to love a homeless man either. . .so what are you saying?
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2005
homeless men don't deserve to be loved?
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2005
Nope.... he's just saying it's not wise to get married to one because the both of u might end up homeless grin
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 12:14am On Sep 28, 2005
What of those people who are affluent but tragedy strikes and they end up homeless?

What about those people in New Orleans that had everything wiped out and now are homeless?

Having money one day does not mean that you will have money the next. Does that mean that the couple should get divorced?

1 Like

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by kamakula: 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2005
I didn't say the couple would get divorced; my comments were focused for those not yet in love, so, my question to you is:

Would you date a homeless man? Simple yes or no.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2005
good question man! cheesy
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2005
Well, I have dated a homeless man.  When I met him he was just sleeping on vairous friend's couches. cheesy

but your comment was love, that it's not wise to love a homeless man.  All I said was: everyone deserves to be loved.

kamakula: it is not wise to love a homeless man either. . .so what are you saying?

goodguy said:

goodguy: Nope.... he's just saying it's not wise to get married to one because the both of u might end up homeless

And you never mentioned marriage so I responded to him saying that life throws you curves, you never know your outcome.

All I'm saying is that it's not wise to base your love on money.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by kamakula: 2:10am On Sep 29, 2005
So, when you were dating this guy who was sleeping from couch to couch, you were saying to yourself, this is a relationship I see going somewhere?

Or were you thinking, you know, if he gets his own place, we might become serious.

Or was it, if this becomes serious, he can come live with me.

Or you were just dating for fun?

I ask because I find it hard to believe anyone would seriously date a homeless guy
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 3:18am On Sep 29, 2005
Good questions!

We dated for 2 years so it was serious. I saw that the relationship could go somewhere because I saw that he had potential. He needed someone to support him, not look down on him because of his situation.

I helped him get established. I got him in school and enouraged him throughout.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by kamakula: 6:08am On Sep 29, 2005
thanks for your honest answer, changes my esteem for ppl a little :-)
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2005
@vexxy: are u still with him?
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2005
No, goodguy. This relationship happened from 1999 to 2001.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by nddy(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2005
my own stands on this issue is that majority of gurls are after the money, likeness is like an allien word to them
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2005
@vexxy: what seperated u ? rolleyes
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2005
He cheated undecided
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2005
i c cool
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by gina34(f): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2005
He is a SOB for doing that to you. shocked
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2005
what is SOB?
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Adetola(m): 1:19am On Oct 02, 2005
Money comes and goes but when true love comes it stays forever. Money is essential to love but this now depends on ur own perception of love. Money should not bea yardstick 4 measuring love. feelings shld come 1st
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 3:01am On Oct 02, 2005
cheesy Thanks, Gina. It's alright grin

Adetola, I agree.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by asanga(m): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2005
Love means a lot it goes beyond money but our soceity today has centered it on money. This is because no girl will go out with a man without expecting @least ice-cream and no man will give any lady free ice-cream without sleeping with lady.

This is what the soceity calls love, this is not love.

Love gives no condition.

asanga himself
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by gina34(f): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2005
@goodguy SOB means *SON OF A BITCH* tongue
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 11:53pm On Oct 08, 2005
thanks gina wink
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by saalma(f): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2005
hi guys,
personally in my opinion,love has every thing to do with money.not every thing persay but a lot of things especially in nigeria today.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by eveseh(f): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2006
Adetola:

Money comes and goes but when true love comes it stays forever. Money is essential to love but this now depends on your own perception of love. Money should not bea yardstick 4 measuring love. feelings shld come 1st

kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by babymine(f): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2006
Love without money? It can't work. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Her Right Boob Is Bigger Than The Left One. / What Makes You Follow Who You Follow Here On Nairaland? / Ladies Can You Marry FAT Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.