Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee (37389 Views)

Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets / Ali Zeidan, Libyan Prime-Minister Kidnapped By Armed Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by protonz(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
diz guyz rockz!!!!
go freedom fighters
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Jummaima(f): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Onegai: There's a very simple reason armed men attacked an isolation clinic:

BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THE VACCINE/CURE THAT CANADA, US AND OTHER COUNTRIES SENT WAS THERE.
And they also want medical supplies.

Desperate people resort to desperate measures, sadly.

Simples.
that was my first guess too . To steal d vaccines.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Awoofawo(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Amhappy: They carry gun to go steal wetin? Ebola? Some people dey kolo.

The target is probably the Zmapp drug caches! That what come to my mind!

Soon the drug would be on black-market cool

Some people no dey fear death sha o! cool
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by ginaaskia4: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ghana should secure their border, and also Nigeria should close border for the main time. So that this people will nt continue where Patrick stop.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Oloriburuku ni awon americans yii sha. They want to finish africa patapata. GOD pass dem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by ceejayluv(m): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
drealaz24: From: Udoka Austin Amakor

-God is watching but we too have to watch our
backs
-Should we trust them with their so called vaccine
when it comes?
-Africa, its time to start thinking, time to start
asking questions
-We have lived with monkeys, chimpanzees,
gorillas, wild animals that have always been part of
our delicacies and never had ebola
-Why now and why always Africa. HIV/AIDS in
Africa 1st likewise ebola?
JUST THINKING ALOUD
Dude, I put it to you that ALL the vaccines you were given were western-developed.

Go through these links....

www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001460.html

www.oddee.com/item_90608.aspx

www.discovery.com/tv-shows/curiosity/topics/10-worst-epidemics.htm

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

Every region has had and will have its fair share of epidemics..

There's the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (camel flu) being battled in the middle east right now... With hundreds of infections and dozens of deaths so far.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by simdam500(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tval: Are they cursed?

1. How would you attack an isolation ward meant for infected patients? Isn't that madness?

2. Seems the re.tarded mofos don't know how contagious the virus is.

3. This is just another strategy to spread the deadly virus.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by simdam500(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Jakumo: If this story is true then every one of those armed men who broke into an isolation ward will by now be infected, and will die horribly in less than a month.
if that the case it fine, but if it the reverse meaning they intend to spread it... Hmmmmm smh
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by zurine(f): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
hmm
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Lyth: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sealeddeal:
Half-baked news(essence of quack journalism) = Source: VANGUARD

Here is a more complete version if not d full version(complete wit pix) = http://news.sky.com/story/1320190/ebola-spread-feared-as-sufferers-flee-mob.
NB: if u wnt ryl news dnt rely on nairaland's FP alone, rather jst use it as a spring board.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by babseg(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yeah...learning all about science from a sci-fi film......instead of from the experts!

Don't you know that some sci fi movies are manifestation of what it's already in the science world or what's about to be done in the near future.

I hv listened to some well known with scientists saying they some times give advice to film makers when they come to them.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
babseg:

Don't you know that some sci fi movies are manifestation of what it's already in the science world or what's about to be done in the near future.

Yes......so why didn't I learn my medicine from watching House or Star Wars?....Why did i have to go to medical school....when I could have ....by your reasoning...stayed at home and learned from watching the movies?

I refer you to the website Polite Dissent. Now don't be shy...google for it.

I hv listened to some well known with scientists saying they some times give advice to film makers when they come to them.

And thus because he has heard some film directors talk about the veneer of science they put on their sci-fi films....he knows everything about biomedical science.

Sorry son....but you know nothing about biomedical science. It isn't shameful to acknowledge that.... I myself know nothing about engineering or fine arts!

2 Likes

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by 3kay945(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
This is just funny to me. grin grin grin
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by raphy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
In my own view it seems like the robbers chairman have ebola and they want to go steal drugs that can heal him.that's what my guidian angels just revealed to me in a vision and I believe.oh God save nigeria I pray you.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by deeobserver209(m): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Onegai:

Africa always had outbreaks of diseases. Yoruba people carved a deity to worship the god of Smallpox (deadlier than ebola) called "sopona", hoping that by worshipping him, he would spare them. I know other tribes had gods to different diseases, and others would chase sick people into the evil forest (I can confirm that happened in Edo and Delta states, in the past, under the Bini Kingdom).

FG stopped teaching History in school, so you never knew this.

Stop claiming "dirty no dey kill black man", that's the reason we're in this mess now. Because we CHOOSE to be ignorant and are happy in our ignorance.

Of course am not claiming that diseases don't kill Africans. As you pointed out we had smallpox, and other deadly diseases as well.
However my claim is not just vane. I read a lot of history books myself. I know the history of Ebola virus. I know the biological nature of the virus. So as far as am concerned, Ebola virus was biologically engineered and modified.
You're entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by deeobserver209(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Man,you don't get it. A bad health care system,....and an underresourced health care system....Ebola just had an easy road in.

I'll leave you with this quote....maybe you will get it then.Plus...if you think African cities are hygenic....you better have another think coming!

Better read the quoted above....and the article where it is culled from. Perhaps you will understand what I mean.

Having problems does not mean one is inferior....it means one has been given a wonderful opportunity to solve such problems.

Ebola can be beat....and Uganda has shown us how.! Are we willing to learn?
You are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by vanstanzy(m): 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sealeddeal:
Source: VANGUARD
Abeg those 29 ebola patients better remain in Liberia o. No more travel to Nigeria abeg. We have suffered enof; Boko haram, civil strife, corruption, poverty and the hosts, now ebola, na wetin sef?
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by babseg(m): 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes......so why didn't I learn my medicine from watching House or Star Wars?....Why did i have to go to medical school....when I could have ....by your reasoning...stayed at home and learned from watching the movies?

I refer you to the website Polite Dissent. Now don't be shy...google for it.

And thus because he has heard some film directors talk about the veneer of science they put on their sci-fi films....he knows everything about biomedical science.

Sorry son....but you know nothing about biomedical science. It isn't shameful to acknowledge that.... I myself know nothing about engineering or fine arts!

U don't get it and I don't think u r a biomedical student.

Did I say u should be learning ur biomedical whatever from the screen?

And besides I don't think I was the one you were referring to a website. So wake up and stop mixing things up
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by caniva(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
I suspect PDP Governors
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
babseg:

U don't get it and I don't think u r a biomedical student.

Did I say u should be learning ur biomedical whatever from the screen?

And besides I don't think I was the one you were referring to a website. So wake up and stop mixing things up

I am a doctor, dear chap....and as such I know more about these things than you do.

Good night!

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by babseg(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I am a doctor, dear chap....and as such I know more about these things than you do.

Good night!

I'm a doctor too and please stop bragging bush doctor. angry
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
babseg:

I'm a doctor too and please stop bragging bush doctor. angry

Then you should know that most of what you see in the movies is artistic license.

Still check out Polite dissent though...good for a doctor like you !

Good evening.

And forgive me....but you are not a medical doctor....because doctors do not get their medical knowledge from sci fi films.

And you would know how to prevent Ebola......but your comments show you do not.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by babseg(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Then you should know that most of what you see in the movies is artistic license.

Still check out Polite dissent though...good for a doctor like you !

Good evening.

And forgive me....but you are not a medical doctor....because doctors do not get their medical knowledge from sci fi films.

And you would know how to prevent Ebola......but your comments show you do not.

So when did I say all sci fi movies are real. I only said sometimes. You should also take time to be watching some sci fi so u won't be bragging as a medical student or whatever.

I hv known abt hologram long time b4 it was used during Obamas election. It was used by cnn then.

I got to know about it in sci fi. As a biomedical whatever u r u should be watching some sci fi to get more insight.

Stop rubbishing sci fi they are manifestation of our future. Take it or u leave it
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by ignis: 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
what's the intention of the robbers? I guess it's to frustrate the government and increase the spread rate of Ebola....

May God visit all the robbers with Ebola, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by ocelot2006(m): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
It's high time Liberia ' s fully quarantined and locked off. This is stupidity of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by fineyemi(m): 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dose armed men ar speciffically lukin 4 d ebola cure. Few of dem myt even b carrying d stigma all round. Dose armed men ar really stupid.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Wisdytech(m): 1:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Where are we hearding to AFRICA? Cos this looks like end time signs! Please can we get PRAYERS STARTED CONTINENT-WIDE?
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by anonymous6(f): 2:42am On Aug 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by Awoofawo(m): 6:43am On Aug 18, 2014
babseg:

So when did I say all sci fi movies are real. I only said sometimes. You should also take time to be watching some sci fi so u won't be bragging as a medical student or whatever.

I hv known abt hologram long time b4 it was used during Obamas election. It was used by cnn then.

I got to know about it in sci fi. As a biomedical whatever u r u should be watching some sci fi to get more insight.

Stop rubbishing sci fi they are manifestation of our future. Take it or u leave it

You self stop trading saliva with people who have chosen to be blind to the reality of all that is going on around them!

Many films and books actually have coded signal hide in them!

Most of them are being used to prepare humanity for.............the day of............

Many things are hide in plain view; we see them everyday but never notice them until the less expect eventualities happen! cool
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by godsI(m): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2014
US govt and its diabolic agents are not happy and confortable with the way Ebola is contained, they want larger spread, they have payed their secret agents to carry out that act in order to cause more spread. Nigerian good leadership should be extra wary as a truck of Liberians Ebola carriers may soon try to bang into Nigerian porous border as the end game here is to cause a widespread all over. The Demonic Govt. Is seriously feeling sick with the way Nigeria is handling the case of Ebola, since Nigeria has lost only three indigens since the inception. Nigeria shall overcome! Just watch! The gods is always watching.
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by yollychika(f): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2014
y dem dey flee, nor be die dem dey die .........na wa fo happenings of diz generation#walks away with ma walking stick#
Re: Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee by babseg(m): 8:03am On Aug 18, 2014
Awoofawo:

You self stop trading saliva with people who have chosen to be blind to the reality of all that is going on around them!

Many films and books actually have coded signal hide in them!

Most of them are being used to prepare humanity for.............the day of............

Many things are hide in plain view; we see them everyday but never notice them until the less expect eventualities happen! cool

Ma guy u for no talk say I'm trading saliva.

You are very right. There are lots of hidden messages in most movies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

World Leaders Who Have Congratulated Joe Biden (List) / He Was A Talented Person: Putin mourns former caterer, Prigozhin / Donald Trump On The Cover Of Playboy Magazine In 1990 Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.