Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo (29538 Views)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by bnovative(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Soknown: The Governor is doing averagely ok compared to other states, But when you compare the huge revenue accruing to this state and the relatively small population ( about 6 million) and heavy debt profile one might have a rethink. He has laid a good infrastructure foundation, I think he could have done more in programs that impact directly on Akwa-Ibom citizens. I don't know about his programs on health, Education, Employment/Entrepreneur support. I don't reside in Akwa-ibom but do visit once in a while. it would be nice to hear from indigenes on the programs I mentioned.
can u post the debt profile of akwa ibom state? And coming to census, it's appalling how u guys concoct figures to suit any purpose; the same way we were told that Kano is more populated than Lagos. How on earth do people claim Akwa ibom has a population of 6million? smh
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by kobonaire(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus: I wouldn't know about all those things you listed as my stay there was barely a week and mostly recreational.
But talking about boring, I don't think so...at least there were some real nice places to chill.
Cool, I'll have to put that city down in my travel plans then ...
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ujoinme: 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Keneking: No matter how, this men would not avoid the wrath of EFCC. Even that woman is not excluded... shocked
you mean your own deranged EFCC? SMH

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by kobonaire(m): 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Itoroetti: which state are u from?i know u will claim lagos.
you know it, las gidi baby wink
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by whitecat007: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
Commissioning blvd while he's not releasing funds for Lagos state to fight ebola. What a crazy president!!
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ujoinme: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
bnovative:
can u post the debt profile of akwa ibom state? And coming to census, it's appalling how u guys concoct figures to suit any purpose; the same way we were told that Kano is more populated than Lagos. How on earth do people claim Akwa ibom has a population of 6million? smh

lagos state population as at 2006 census was 9.112 million with a growth rate of 3.24% today lagos state population is estimated at 18 -20million.
Akwa Ibom population as at 2006 census was 3.902million with a growth rate of 3.36% so the estimated 5 to 6 million pop. for akwa ibom is quite conservative if you do the calculation compared to the 18 to 20 million that is often used for lagos state.
http://www.population.gov.ng/images/Vol%2003%20Table%20DSx%20LGAPop%20by%20SDistrict-PDF.pdf

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ritux: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
If our Governors are all working like this, we won't complain too much about their looting. In fact we won't even notice their looting

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Image123(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
jmaine: And some people will come here and tell us that Akpabio is a mediocre governor . . . .

Nice one Gov Akpabio . . .. . Absolutely free, no tolling . . . . .

Akpabio has tooooo much free money than not to work like this. He's a performer nonetheless. i wish all the other south south governors were this functional, and also the FG. Note that akwa ibom is affording to pay Akpabio more than 200million naira annually FOR PENSION. You can hardly compare the no eye blinking wealth of the south south to others.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by phemybof(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
anonimi:

Why you too like to find trouble like this cheesy
You wan make our supporter of APC friends of the Amunisin (Enslavement) People's Congress, APC come "catch you" ni
Their own slogan na Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo - raise taxes & IGR from the people to fill your own pocket shocked shocked

I hope the state government will find a way to lease these hospitality projects to private investors on long term lease for enduring sustainability and profitability to the people of Akwa Ibom state.

Meanwhile OP what is the source of the story and pictures? As in is it also available online on another web site where it can be downloaded easily for further broadcast?
that is why the SOUTHWEST is ahead and well developed than every other parts of this Nation. all advanced countries are financing their projects wt taxpayers money. SOUTHWEST can survive in the absent of crude oil, unlike SOUTHEAST 99%depending on National cake.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ujoinme: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Image123:

Akpabio has tooooo much free money than not to work like this. He's a performer nonetheless. i wish all the other south south governors were this functional, and also the FG. Note that akwa ibom is affording to pay Akpabio more than 200million naira annually FOR PENSION. You can hardly compare the no eye blinking wealth of the south south to others.
Do you know how much your governor is getting as pension? Most Nigerian gov. have fat pensions for life. The good news for Akwa Ibom is that they have a listening gov. because of the Nation wide protest against the pension bill the obnoxious pension laws has been abolished in Akwa Ibom State by the same governor.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by millionaireman: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
IGBOSON1: There's more to a boulevard than just a multi-lane highway! Try Sunset Boulevard for a start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ompe8z_48LI
The Boulevard in Uyo may be enjoyed by Akwaibomites of the next century. Perhaps 90% of Akwaibomites of this century may not have cars to enjoy a private drive on the boulevard. Vanity - priorities of some Nigerian leaders.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Iban en no uyoh
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ujoinme: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
IGBOSON1: There's more to a boulevard than just a multi-lane highway! Try Sunset Boulevard for a start!

sunset boulevard was not built in a day it took years of constant additions to make it what it is today.
We in Akwa Ibom are proud of our goodluck boulevard and we despise not the years of our little begining for we know the end thereof shall be great - Selah.

You should advise your governor to come and take a walk on the goodluck boulevard peradventure some luck will rub off on him so he can also start or begin constructing a boulevard in your state.
A journey of a million miles begins with a step Akwa Ibom is taking/ laying its future foundation God on our side we will get there.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by anonimi: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
phemybof: that is why the SOUTHWEST is ahead and well developed than every other parts of this Nation. all advanced countries are financing their projects wt taxpayers money. SOUTHWEST can survive in the absent of crude oil, unlike SOUTHEAST 99%depending on National cake.

So why has the supposedly non-oil dependent Southwest NOT proposed resource CONTROL for all states in the [at least two] constitutional amendments since 1999

BTW, Akwa Ibom is not in the South East.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Rapsainot(m): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
ayusco85:

Are u allergic to speaking english? This a forum whr english is used to communicate, not some vanacula
I'm allergic to you. STFU
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ayusco85(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
NkanuBoy:
Are u well at all?

Wat a silly question. undecided oh, let me return the favour, "Do u ve have ebola"? Nonsense
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ayusco85(m): 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rapsainot: I'm allergic to you. STFU

So u can speak english grin dats funny
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Tstark(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Una suffering no go ever end. A road is a basic amenity in any civilized country, in Nigeria its a big achievement when a president actually does something he is MEANT to do. You're all jumping up and celebrating cos he commissioned a road that will be full of pot holes in less than 2 years? SMH

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by poiZon: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Even EZEKIEL ATANG atang akak ke AKWA ABASI IBOM STATE AMA ado ok,

issolait..
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by thegeneral84: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
kobonaire: it's implied ... less traffic mean lower population density, fewer folks that can afford vehicles, fewer economic/job opportunities etc
less traffic might also mean a relatively well planned town. the previous governor of Akwa Ibom State was an Architect and he decongested the the central Ibom connection with a plaza and couple of bypasses. overnight the congested Ibom connection became free. what is happening here might just be an extension of a similar good town planning

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Itoroetti(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
kobonaire: you know it, las gidi baby wink

ogbomosho man claiming lasgidi.be proud of ur state.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by kobonaire(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
thegeneral84:
less traffic might also mean a relatively well planned town. the previous governor of Akwa Ibom State was an Architect and he decongested the the central Ibom connection with a plaza and couple of bypasses. overnight the congested Ibom connection became free. what is happening here might just be an extension of a similar good town planning
while true even that has a limit .... London, NYC etc are traffic congested cities ... also very happening places.
Don't get me wrong .... Uyo is a well planned and clean city I agree, it's also a 'boring' place
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by kobonaire(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Itoroetti: ogbomosho man claiming lasgidi.be proud of ur state.
you've got my ethnicity wrong .... besides you do not need to be a particular ethnicity/religion or even race to live/rep Lagos .... why do some NLers view things through a filter? There is beauty in diversity my guy wink
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Norajones(f): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Im proudly an akwa ibomite,,Akwa ibom ado ok..

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Superstar007(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Soknown: The Governor is doing averagely ok compared to other states, But when you compare the huge revenue accruing to this state and the relatively small population ( about 6 million) and heavy debt profile one might have a rethink. He has laid a good infrastructure foundation, I think he could have done more in programs that impact directly on Akwa-Ibom citizens. I don't know about his programs on health, Education, Employment/Entrepreneur support. I don't reside in Akwa-ibom but do visit once in a while. it would be nice to hear from indigenes on the programs I mentioned.

Currently, there is a free education programme going on in the state since Mr. Akpabio emerged as Governor and health wise, there is also an ongoing free medical care for infants and old people aged 65yrs+. The man is good!

Akwa Ibom ayayai. Yak Abasi adiong Akwa Ibom!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by brushparke(m): 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
millionaireman:
The Boulevard in Uyo may be enjoyed by Akwaibomites of the next century. Perhaps 90% of Akwaibomites of this century may not have cars to enjoy a private drive on the boulevard. Vanity - priorities of some Nigerian leaders.

You really believe 90% of Akwa Ibomites don't have cars? This is the problem with living in Lagos all your life.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by brushparke(m): 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
You won't know because you are glued to Nairaland. Travel that s how you learn.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by slightlyMad(f): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
when you compare the meager project to what fashola is doing here.
Fashola wont even commission stuff like this.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
slightlyMad: when you compare the meager project to what fashola is doing here.
Fashola wont even commission stuff like this.

I thought they said Fashola commissioned street lights?

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by eduxerxes: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
donnypool:

lol you dey crace o
I served in Akwa Ibom state. Therefore I know what's up with that state. Dude wishing he's 4rm there because dem build fly-over, boulevard, roads etc...make I keep quiet joooooor
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Michyeddy(f): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
If you not from Akwa ibom you missing out grin
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by zurine(f): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
my God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Osinbajo, Saraki And Dogara Ahead Of His Trip (pics) / Fshaw Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi Left EFCC Because It's Time (Screenshots) / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Omujuwa And CAC To Explain Why She Was Listed As A Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.