Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

The Great Nation Of Biafra - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Great Nation Of Biafra (7778 Views)

Libya: Nation Of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan Calls Obama A Killer / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! / The Great Nation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ellyptical: 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2008
L + G,
This thread is specially dedicated to the nation of Biafra. It's main aim is to eulogize our great nation that was nearly nipped in the bud - because we Biafrans know it wasn't.
Great Biafrans, fell free to express your respect, admiration, loyalty and longing for the great Nation of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by doyin13(m): 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2008
Long live bIAFRA

lONG lIVE bIAFRANS

mAY thOSE wHo want to destroy our destiiny be eRadiCatED

Ibo iGBO kWENU

1 Like

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Gamine(f): 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2008
Is this the same person calling me Blood thirsty?

This guy, you must have bumped your head. undecided

Biafra ko.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2008
enyimba enyimba. biafra kwenu
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ellyptical: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2008
L + G,
in responce to gamine's statement, you may want to follow events to know what may have lead to the whole "blood thirsty" issue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176005.128.html#msg2970107

Do not forget to return this thread after you have read and judged for yourself.
Obrigado.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ezeagu(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2008
Isn't "Biafra" a European name?
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ellyptical: 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2008
A little talk on Biafra (extracted from an earlier post)

When I think of what Biafra would have been if we had seceded, i really feel like weeping but at the same time it makes me see what we could achieve in the midst of war. It also reminds me that Biafra can and will become that great and independent nation. Biafra would have and has the capacity to be an African Technology Superpower and when I say it I mean it with evidence. It takes the natural gift of being technologically gifted to be able to achieve these in the midst of terrible war:-
[b]"In the three years of the war necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years of heroic bound, we leapt across the great chasm that separates knowledge from know-how. We built rockets, and we designed and built our own delivery systems. We guided our rockets. We guided them far; we guided them accurately. For three years, blockaded without hope of import, we maintained all our vehicles. The state extracted and refined petrol, individuals refined petrol in their back gardens. We built and maintained our airports, maintained them under heavy bombardment. Despite the heavy bombardment, we recovered so quickly after each raid that we were able to maintain the record for the busiest airport in the continent of Africa. We spoke to the world through telecommunication system engineered by local ingenuity; the world heard us and spoke back to us! We built armored cars and tanks. We modified aircraft from trainer to fighters, from passenger aircraft to bombers. In the three years of freedom we had broken the technological barrier. . . .[/b]
http://www.igbocalgary.ca/aboutus.html
That was the speech delivered towards the end of the war by Ojukwu. It was also on wikipedia.
What the Igbos achieved in the 3 years of turmoil, the failed Nigeria has not been able to achieve even up till her last 48th Anniversary! . . . . at least a functioning refinery!
Why then will the jealous and cunning Yoruba and Unimaginative/backward Hausa people not be afraid of letting Biafra go for fear that Biafra will overtake them in a short while? Do you know that if you speak to any elderly man that was of age during the war, he'll still tell you how the Igbos built bombs locally! My neighbor told me a lot. The locally made bombs were called "ogbunigwe" which means "massive killer" in igbo language. They were made from gunpowder which was in turn made from garri!
I was told the Igbos built a biafra radio station and mounted the antennas on palm trees! The lousy nigerian army must have been busy looking for the MTN-mast-like transmitter from which they were broadcasting to biafrans . . . no knowing we had perfected stealth military techniques. The Uli air strip was simply a road that was converted to an airforce base. . . .not just an ordinary airforce base but a stealth airforce base that was invisible from airspace during the day and used to launch night counter strikes!

Read this too
Further feelings of injustice were caused by Nigeria, during the war, changing its currency so that Biafran supplies of pre-war Nigerian currency were no longer honoured and then, at the end of the war, offering only N£20 to easterners on exchange of their Biafran currency. This was seen as a deliberate policy to hold back the Igbo middle class, leaving them with little wealth to expand their business interests. - wikipedia
Every Igbo man lost all the money he had in banks and was entitled to 20 naira ONLY!!! Today we virtually control the economy of Nigeria in Business, Importation, Automobiles and even in Economic Administration . . . .the likes of Soludos and the Okonjo-Iwealas. What a fast come-back. Has the hausa man been able to meet up even when they have had power for almost as long as i have been on this earth as a child and a youth.
Igbos are destined to be great. The hausa man and the yoruba man are afraid of where they see us going and they are determined that since they may not have the natural inborn gifts that are required to reach there, they must hold us down with them. The God of the Jews is still the God of the Igbos! Like the Jews (of whom we descended) we will get to the promised land of Biafra.
Its simple logic!
When a man is sinking, he tries to hold on to any thing he sees to stay help him stay afloat or to drag it down with himself. Whereas a man who knows that he can stay afloat will always try to let go of any unnecessary weight that will drag him down.
The Igbos know they can stay afloat and are ready to let go of any unnecessary burden. The Yorubas and the Hausas are by their actions telling us that they are sinking! Holding on to the Igbos to stay afloat!

. . .leer y reflexionar
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by presido1: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2008
We are GREAT.
We will remain GREAT.
Long Live Our Great Land(BIAFRA)
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by QuotaSyste(m): 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2008
tpia:

@ this user id calling himself Ellyptical (whoever you are):

isnt there a website and forum specifically dedicated to doing exactly that?

Biafraworld.com?

How una life go better for Africa when una no dey find ways of improving yourselves but always prefer starting internet wahala? Everyday na sotay one trouble after another.

Ok- I express my longing, respect,admiration and loyalty for the great nation of Biafra (even though I'm not Biafran).

Its an open forum- anyone got a problem with my doing so?
You are the only person at problem with your self. If not, you wouldn't rant your rubbish above. You are visibly afraid. Imagine how you are the first person to call on this thread. The most three names that instills fear on you nigerians are OJUKWU, BIAFRA and IGBO and one happens to be the tittle of this thread. If i want to create more fear in you and your fellow nigerians, i will just open another thread with either IGBO or OJUKWU as the tittle.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by QuotaSyste(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2008
doyin13:

Long live bIAFRA

lONG lIVE bIAFRANS

mAY thOSE wHo want to destroy our destiiny be eRadiCatED

Ibo iGBO kWENU
Yeah, your destiny of leaning on, peching on and being parasites to Ndigbo for your own daily survival. We must destroy it. Lazy group, go work, live on your own and feed your selves without leaning on Ndigbo.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 12:10am On Oct 22, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Yeah, your destiny of leaning on, peching on and being parasites to Ndigbo for your own daily survival. We must destroy it. Lazy group, go work, live on your own and feed your selves without leaning on Ndigbo.

he he the man is keeping the igbos down, evil awusa and Yoruba people.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ElosAgos(m): 12:38am On Oct 22, 2008
@ALL

WE MUST NOT TALK ALWAYS.

LET'S TRY TO LISTEN AND "SOMETIMES" KEEP OUR MOUTH SHUT.

PLEASE

must we win every case?
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 12:47am On Oct 22, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2008
Elos Agos:

@ALL

WE MUST NOT TALK ALWAYS.

LET'S TRY TO LISTEN AND "SOMETIMES" KEEP OUR MOUTH SHUT.

PLEASE

must we win every case?

Honest Question . . . is the above code for "SHUT UP BECAUSE I CAN NOT STAND YOU ALL NOT TAKING MY SIDE OF THE DEBATE"? lol
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by BabyJinx: 12:54am On Oct 22, 2008
Tee hee hee
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Gamine(f): 1:09am On Oct 22, 2008
Seriously the day some Igbo people will get over themselves!

and actually get a life, i will Kill Three Cows and make suya for una.

my malo brothers will gladly gimme.

Chei! biafra this n that.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by naijaking1: 1:20am On Oct 22, 2008
Is creation of Biafra the answer? As an Igbo man, I don't think separation of our people is the answer. We have given way too much for Nigeria for us to just pack up and leave. We've paid our dues, or are paying our dues; we just have to find a way gain political advantage, and get what truely belongs to us. The late sultan of Sokoto was quoted as saying the Allah gave them the whole of Nigeria to islamize, and eventually dip the quoran in the ocean, so they started jihads from there towards the south. My opinion is that God gave us the whole Nigeria to conquer and settle, to establish churches, business, hotels, and good schools--- from Calabar to Katsina, to the Sahara desert.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 1:29am On Oct 22, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by plusQueen: 1:32am On Oct 22, 2008
tpia:

can you explain how your attitude or statement here differs from the Sultan's own?

why do you" flourish" in these "Igbo threads"  like algae?
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by lucabrasi(m): 1:38am On Oct 22, 2008
i wasnt going t contribute in this thread till i saw this
naijaking1:

Is creation of Biafra the answer? As an Igbo man, I don't think separation of our people is the answer. We have given way too much for Nigeria for us to just pack up and leave. We've paid our dues, or are paying our dues; we just have to find a way gain political advantage, and get what truely belongs to us. The late sultan of Sokoto was quoted as saying the Allah gave them the whole of Nigeria to islamize, and eventually dip the quoran in the ocean, so they started jihads from there towards the south. My opinion is that God gave us the whole Nigeria to conquer and settle, to establish churches, business, hotels, and good schools--- from Calabar to Katsina, to the Sahara desert.
dude u r making a lot of  sense in fact this is the best comment i have read so far both on this thread and some others,rather than running from pillar to post with conspiracy theories,simply go out and do you thing, lagos state is a yoruba state supposedly but ibos controll alaba,ladipo spare parts market yet no one has burned their shops or harrased them, same as other parts of nigeria excluding the north
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 2:01am On Oct 22, 2008
naijaking1:

i hope you realize you are sounding a lot like europeans when they explored travelled to africa and the americas.

1 Like

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by naijaking1: 2:31am On Oct 22, 2008
tpia:

can you explain how your attitude or statement here differs from the Sultan's own?
It's the corollary. The sultan used guns and horses just like the Sudanese supporters of APC of today. He raided northern states, conquered genuine Hausa states, but he met resistance along the Nupe/Tiv axis before he could come down to Igbo land. Today, nobody is advocating supporter of APC techniques, but by assimilation and contact, Igbo ideas will reach the Sahara, just as it's been spreading throughout the west African coast.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 2:35am On Oct 22, 2008
uthman dan fodio wasn't a sultan
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by naijaking1: 2:45am On Oct 22, 2008
lucabrasi:

i wasnt going t contribute in this thread till i saw thisdude u r making a lot of  sense in fact this is the best comment i have read so far both on this thread and some others,rather than running from pillar to post with conspiracy theories,simply go out and do you thing, lagos state is a yoruba state supposedly but ibos controll alaba,ladipo spare parts market yet no one has burned their shops or harrased them, same as other parts of nigeria excluding the north
Political survival is not very different from Charles Darwin's law of natural selection. Before the Independence, the Mbaise/Owerri area was judged the most denslely populated part of West Africa, today, and after decades of census manipulation, Igbos are "counted" as a minority. Despite the figure released by the census takers, and despite massacre of Igbos during the war, the reality on the ground remains starkly different from the ones on census papers. The Igbos, like the Yorubas, Ijaws, Nupes, etc have certain positive attributes they can and will contribute to the Nigerian nation. Empty religious conquests without adequate educational, economic, and cultural backup is usually futile.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by naijaking1: 2:57am On Oct 22, 2008
bawomolo:

uthman dan fodio wasn't a sultan

What's your point?

Do you know the yearly game/celebration where brightly dressed horse men ride around with arms, and on horsebacks? The emir of Kano is supposed to kick off the game as a celebration and a re-inactment of how they raided "pagan" Banzai bokwai villages of Idoma/Nupe people. This celebration also takes place in Sokoto and other "real Hausa/Fulani" states.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 5:08am On Oct 22, 2008
naijaking1:

What's your point?

Do you know the yearly game/celebration where brightly dressed horse men ride around with arms, and on horsebacks? The emir of Kano is supposed to kick off the game as a celebration and a re-inactment of how they raided "pagan" Banzai bokwai villages of Idoma/Nupe people. This celebration also takes place in Sokoto and other "real Hausa/Fulani" states.

if u have read my posts, you would know am not a fan of religious. uthman dan fodio was a religious scholar who led a rebellion against the hausa monarch he felt were repressive and weren't following true islam, then he set on to conquer the pagans and animists. similar reform movements happened in west africa.

my point is jihad or millitary revolution isn't the way to go. why exactly do you want to force ideas on a group of people, whether they be igbo, yoruba or hausa. people should learn to be more tolerant
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by naijaking1: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2008
@bawomolo
Dan fodio raided, masquared, and pillaged Hausa people for decades. Kano fell despite its walls, Zaria too, despite the bravery of Queen Amina, Katsina, etc. Each of these emirates have a fulani clan ruling hausa people today. Call it assimilation, purification, jihad, or whatever you like, I call it supporter of APC. His predecessor continued this jihad until stopped by the British. Whenever a man wakes up and decides that he needs to forcefully teach his brother a better way to practice his religion or culture, I call it war. I don't preach war. My position is that Nigerians will adopt Igbo ways of doing things, ie trading, industry, and even language with time, because somehow it works better. That's what I mean by conquering Nigeria with Igbo ideas. False policies, just like badly formed cells will die off, and be replaced by tried and tested policies, such as honesty, hardwork, Igbo-ameze, and real democracy.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ellyptical: 6:39am On Oct 22, 2008
@tpia,
I didn't need to be told the first time i saw it in a mail sent to me that L+G meant Ladies and Gentlemen.
L+G, M+B means ladies and gentlemen, men and brethren
Obrigado
. . . . just in case you dont know what that means, google-translate it. Its Portuguese.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ibime(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2008
According to the CIA, Nigeria may break up by 2015. The sooner the better IMO, as long as it is a peaceful break-up.

Even on Nairaland, we can see that we are not together.

Who remembers a country called The Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes? (Reminds me of the Kingdom of the Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas). That was the former name for Yugoslavia.

That same Kingdom is now called Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Kosovo.

Anyway, you Nigerians should deal with your problems. Thank God I am British.  cool
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by TeniBaba: 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2008
Can somebody explain something to me? Is secession only possible through strife? Cos I really think we should let these people go. I believe it will take away nothing except mutual disrespect. Let us allow them to work toward realising their full yellow sun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Sudan Locks Out Somalis / The Indians Lie Again! / Afghan Christians Weep As Taliban Takeover Their Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.