Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,911 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Scared Of Going Into A Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of Going Into A Relationship (775 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by fromusa: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years because of lack of commitment on his part and I got to know that his elder brother introduced a girl from their village to him and he went home to check the girl out and the girl has agreed, now I am very scared of entering into a new relationship because I don't know how to trust a man again, please how do I get over this fear?
Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
By telling yourself:

NO RISK, NO FUN.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by KanwuliaJara: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
The inability to deal with rejection AND MOVE ON. . . . . . is a major HALLMARK of low self-esteem! kiss

Because of one man? undecided

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
7 days' fasting and prayers
Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by crackhaus: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
Only you can help yourself.
Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
OP, you need to give yourself enough time to heal. rushing into another relationship would tempt you to make another man suffer for mistakes he didnt commit. Understand that MEN ARE DIFFERENT AND CAN NEVER BE THE SAME. In your next relationship, make sure you keep an open mind, keep your expectations low and always tell yourself the truth. Try as much as you can not to fall in love too quickly so that you can make rational decisions as regards the kind of men you open up to. Be positive. ALL MEN CAN NEVER BE THE SAME.

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by eleojo23: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
It's quite an unfortunate experience but no need to be scared. The poster above me has said the truth. You just have to treat this as one of the disappointments that one experiences in life. Don't give up so easily. You can grieve the hurt for a while but don't let it keep you down.
Re: Scared Of Going Into A Relationship by Fxwarrior: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Op a man who will marry you doesn't need more than a year at most of courtship to make up his mind.Yours took 2 years which could have entered 4 years stringing you along. Am not saying this to spite or anger you but only stating the obvious. You ll be surprised he will marry this girl within 6 months of contact.

Who knows how many men you told you were in a relationship because of this mofo. Well in your next relationship tell him on time albeit codedly not to appear desperate what you want.If he's not ready then bounce. Time waits for no one and remember not to be intimate before marriage.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Do Parents? / What Important Item Have You Forgotten In A Public Transport? / 300 Likes For My Mum On Her Birthday.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.