Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University (10020 Views)

Dickson Ndukwe-agbai (nigerian) Best Doctorate Student In UK University (photo) / 2008 Post Jamb Date 4 Uniben,oau & Unilorin. / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Akinsete19(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

*Bross! You can lie O*. When it comes to sincere admission and real test of knowledge in aptitude test, I can award OAU 75% and UNILORIN doesn't deserve up to average score sef. undecided

Unilorin is known as number one notorius school when it comes to admission runse in Nigeria.

Btw, are you a Unilorin graduate or Undergraduate? *Your english na die* embarassed

*I found it hard to comprehend what you wrote.* Smh
grin grin grin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
proffemi: I don't think this shameless pissing contest flatters either university. What are the big achievements of OAU, Ilorin or any Nigerian university for that matter? The Ebola issue has exposed our shame for the world to see once again...poor funding or no poor funding, there is little cutting edge research going on in our universities. Rather than indulging in this silly game, perhaps the universities should reflect more on how far they have let down the country?

Best university in Nigeria? Pfft. Can there really be a "best" among underachievers?

Pffft! You like crictising our Nigerian tertiary institution for no reason.

Do Nigeria look like where Ebola was originated? STFU pls

How does poor funding of Ebola issue depicts our educational system or you mean to say government?.

How many research have Southafrican, Kenyan, Ghanian, Egyptian etc Universities that are ranked above us carried out?. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by proffemi: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
FrancisTony: Pffft! You like crictising our Nigerian tertiary institution for no reason.Do Nigeria look like where Ebola was originated? STFU plsHow does poor funding of Ebola issue depicts our educational system or you mean to say government?.How many research have Southafrican, Kenyan, Ghanian, Egyptian etc Universities that are ranked above us carried out?. Mtcheew

Oh, yes. The other side of the equation: Nigerians who, knowing nothing about an issue, still shout the loudest.
I am a lecturer and researcher in one of these two universities, so I know what I am talking about. You on the other hand, probably need to think more before you speak.

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Rilwayne001: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
hizroyalflynes: unilorin is far better than Oau when it comes to what really benefit edu..in terms of beautifulness oau scoop that buh candidate competency oau is no where near unilorin expect for the fact that you have sure contacts or very lucky u cant get admission into unilorin expect u pass very well and dat cant be said of oau...strike-wise yes many z its d reason y it is rated..pls dis reason is nt tangible enof..y using 6+yrs to study a 4yrs course...discipline-wise unilorin is more disciplined dan oau tho they its kinda strict u misbehave u face tanke no story..unilorin is better dan oau security-wise becux dre is little to no cult activities tho God is the real security...Many z oau produce d best graduate daz a lie unilorin might nt hav much 1st&2nd klass becuz the lecturers aint smiling dy demand much more wic many cant match nt lyk oau daz is livin on past glory unilorin is better by far

You dont have to yarn all this ilorin english here..

Unilorin is better by far, everyone knows that.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Rilwayne001: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Bross! You can lie O. When it comes to sincere admission and real test of knowledge in aptitude test, I can award OAU 75% and UNILORIN doesn't deserve up to average score sef. undecided

Unilorin is known as number one notorius school when it comes to admission runse in Nigeria.

Btw, are you a Unilorin graduate or Undergraduate? Your english na die embarassed

I found it hard to comprehend what you wrote. Smh

grin grin this boi eh...u never seize to make me laff grin grin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Akinsete19(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You dont have to yarn all this ilorin english here..

Unilorin is better by far, everyone knows that.
yea better by far in manipulation of admission
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by jaryeh(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
I used to find this kinda (baseless) argument amusing. Well, comparing UNILORIN with OAU is an insult on OAU. However, OAU, just like other Nigerian varsities, is a bull crap!

Let's just hope everything will be all right some day. May God help Nigeria.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by noordean(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
chai !! i always laff weneva i c some frends of mine who eventually graduated with first class frm unilorin, after failing oau post utme twice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Fynestboi: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
noordean: chai !! i always laff weneva i c some frends of mine who eventually graduated with first class frm unilorin, after failing oau post utme twice

gringringrin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
Una dey here dey argue nonsense......smh for u guys. Coke is better than fanta oh no fanta is better than coke, all rubbish!!
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Bross! You can lie O. When it comes to sincere admission and real test of knowledge in aptitude test, I can award OAU 75% and UNILORIN doesn't deserve up to average score sef. undecided

Btw, are you a Unilorin graduate or Undergraduate? Your english na die embarassed

I found it hard to comprehend what you wrote. Smh
unilorin do indulge in admission runs whoa!! Can u get me sum1 dat can help do d runs 4 sum1 dat scored 201 in jamb and 42 in post utme cuz datz wat a guy got and he is studying mass com at oau and what a sorry case and u are smh..nawa o simple english u cant grab..
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
unilorin do indulge in admission runs whoa!! Can u get me sum1 dat can help do d runs 4 sum1 dat scored 201 in jamb and 42 in post utme cuz datz wat a guy got and he is studying mass com at oau and what a sorry case and u are smh..nawa o simple english u cant grab..

You still murdered english in your lame comeback. What a product of the 'so called better by far' institution. Dude, be punctuating appropriately for better reading.

Btw, your post reek 'lies' because OAU P.utme is never over 100 but 400 and I don't know how they can admit 42 over 400 in P.utme. Smh! undecided
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Leitner: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
unilorin do indulge in admission runs whoa!! Can u get me sum1 dat can help do d runs 4 sum1 dat scored 201 in jamb and 42 in post utme cuz datz wat a guy got and he is studying mass com at oau and what a sorry case and u are smh.. nawa o simple english u cant grab ..
How would anybody grab what you've wrote up there?. Your command of English is Atrocious. You've simply committed a grave offense to every single soul that speaks the Language.

This is the kind of products UNILORIN are churning out and still,they want to compare themselves with OAU?!
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
lol. .. oau as a uni does not use the percentage ratio in term of ammission:, rather she use the totality of ur jamb and pume divided score by two to get ur aggregate.

Again, there is no masscomm in oau

4 Likes

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Babafaros(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
emekakelvin: lol. .. oau as a uni does not use the percentage ratio in term of ammission:, rather she use the totality of ur jamb and pume divided score by two to get ur aggregate.

lol
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Babafaros(m): 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
@Francistony&emekakelvin

lol,I don"t knw If Dere is anoda OAU dat conductz POSTJAMB over 100% and even offerz mass comm,na guy na one.....
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 12:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Babafaros: @Francistony&emekakelvin

lol,I don"t knw If Dere is anoda OAU dat conductz POSTJAMB over 100% and even offerz mass comm,na guy na one.....
he did not get his fact right before airing his opinion and in the long run, it resulted in him being busted

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Fynestboi: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

bros eee shockedshocked masscoom in oau shockedshockedshocked

42 in pume total what? And you sure? Its oau pume and not unilorin angry

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2014
Is it not the same WEBOMETRICs that rank school based on their web presence? Let both schOol continue fighting each other because of that. Webometrics methodology: The Ranking Web or Webometrics is the largest academic ranking of Higher Education Institutions. Since 2004 and every six months an independent, objective, free, open scientific exercise is performed by the Cybermetrics Lab (Spanish National Research Council, CSIC) for the providing reliable, multidimensional, updated and useful information about the performance of universities from all over the world based on their web presence and impact.

The same webomtrics that ranked Landmark university above many government universities and ranked AUCHI polytechnic
above many universities in their last 2 or 3 years ranking.

Now, when NUC rank Nigerian universities, they will disagree because its Nigerian organization.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
mass comm nKo yoruba technology ni
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by noordean(m): 7:10am On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
ur moniker is noted.

masscom in oau??
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Danny4show(m): 8:51am On Aug 19, 2014
emekakelvin: lol. .. oau as a uni does not use the percentage ratio in term of ammission:, rather she use the totality of ur jamb and pume divided score by two to get ur aggregate.

admission and not ammission grin

admission and not ammission
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

You still murdered english in your lame comeback. What a product of the 'so called better by far' institution. Dude, be punctuating appropriately for better reading.

Btw, your post reek 'lies' because OAU P.utme is never over 100 but 400 and I don't know how they can admit 42 over 400 in P.utme. Smh! undecided
you dey mind the fool. saying someone was admitted with a putme score of 42 of the 400marks attainable. he meant to say unilorin,i guess their putme is based on 100marks.BTW,OAU kno get masscomm. Lier!
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
Masscomm in OAU God is watching you in 3D.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes: unilorin is far better than Oau when it comes to what really benefit edu..in terms of beautifulness oau scoop that buh candidate competency oau is no where near unilorin expect for the fact that you have sure contacts or very lucky u cant get admission into unilorin expect u pass very well and dat cant be said of oau...strike-wise yes many z its d reason y it is rated..pls dis reason is nt tangible enof..y using 6+yrs to study a 4yrs course...discipline-wise unilorin is more disciplined dan oau tho they its kinda strict u misbehave u face tanke no story..unilorin is better dan oau security-wise becux dre is little to no cult activities tho God is the real security...Many z oau produce d best graduate daz a lie unilorin might nt hav much 1st&2nd klass becuz the lecturers aint smiling dy demand much more wic many cant match nt lyk oau daz is livin on past glory unilorin is better by far

I hardly grasp what you are insinuating here. BTW,i wont count your grammatical blunders as a norm for unilorin students. though,we shall know them by their spoken and written English.
Saying OAU admission processes is not fair is a blatant lie. i've said once,i was 0.5 mark above OAU cutoff when i entered into my course of choice without knocking any lecturers' door. And i'm not even from the west,i hail from Kogi state.
And none of my friends entered unilorin without 'runsing' it despite the fact that their putme score was convincing.
PS: Two of them failed OAU post jamb before resorting to that glorified secondary school.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by jaryeh(m): 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Una don spoil market for UNILORIN o. Wicked guys!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Ahmeen: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Tolexander: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

tell him OAU has no mass com dpt!
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by davidmascot(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
NA GOD GO PURNISH YOUR MOUTH THERE .There is nothing like masscom in oau and postutme result is over 400.Odeeeeeeeee.....
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Leitner: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ahmeen: U made a mistake in d 2nd line of ur comment...its either what you wrote or what you have written...correct me pls

It was a typo(AC)

Obviously,it should be "What you wrote". "Wrote",past tense of "Write" in the sentence already indicates his action took place in the past and "have" in the sentence is pointless as it does the same job.

"What you've written" is also correct since "Written" only does not really indicate the action happened in the past so having "Have" in the sentence which indicates it happened in the past is necessary and correct.

But bros,why you wan open your guy yansh like dis nau grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
noordean: chai !! i always laff weneva i c some frends of mine who eventually graduated with first class frm unilorin, after failing oau post utme twice
no wonder a frnd of mine also pass oau post utme but decided to opt for unilorin in d just concluded post utme and scored 42 out of 100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NPDC/SEPLAT 2014: Shortlisted Candidates Come In. / I Want To Do My Masters Abroad / JAMB: CHANGE Of UTME Subject Combination Is Now Available Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.