Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University (10027 Views)

Dickson Ndukwe-agbai (nigerian) Best Doctorate Student In UK University (photo) / 2008 Post Jamb Date 4 Uniben,oau & Unilorin. / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by adelawn: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
oau is incomparable with better by far university,oau is operating as a 19 century varsity
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
DrHesjay: he he.. see arguments sha...
but seriously.. unilorites, u need not argue on this issue.. cos we knw d truth..
when u want to compare schools.. abeg no out unilorin n oau 2geda . if its UI,that's when u need to try so hard to argue it.. but when its oau..hahaa
Past glory or present achievements??
oau cannot stand Unilorin... just visit both schools.. check out facilities.. d lecturers ..
Visit oauthc n UITH .. compare things..
learning is not about past achievement of ur school or the beauty... with all their noise.. how many foreign students can they boast of?? in both their undergraduate n post graduate levels??
oau has not defeated unilorin in ant medical competition for the past 5yrs... y r they bragging??
just leave them biko.. let them continue to claim they r better than unilorin when they live in d 1900s.. n unilorin is far in 2040
grin grin grin

#Tell them o..... The bragging on top nothing is so irritating

#If 0AU is arguably the best in Nigeria, I think, getting job will be so easy for them and the unemployment rate of OAU will be less compared to other Universities.
And their students suppose to be in many top position in this country
#I know OAU is better than any school in ALUTA, no school can tackle them.... We even see the aluta spirit in them during an international student conference that was held in UI recently ( African students for Liberty)

#All those amazing structures, they can't even maintain it. To renovate is problem for the school.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Natifa(f): 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ahmeen:

so cos dangote is rich now,if u get richer dan im,dia is nthn to glory abt,afterall sumone has been dia!m I ryt?
sure! Som1 has bn dia b4 and som1 wil be dia after. So whats d big deal? And try as hard as i can, i wil neva be 1st richest person in d nation's history, i can only b richest person of THE MONENT. one dat wil somday b replaced cos am not going to be d last richest person either.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Ahmeen: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Leitner: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2014
isaajibola:

#Tell them o..... The bragging on top nothing is so irritating

#If 0AU is arguably the best in Nigeria, I think, getting job will be so easy for them and the unemployment rate of OAU will be less compared to other Universities.
And their students suppose to be in many top position in this country
#I know OAU is better than any school in ALUTA, no school can tackle them.... We even see the aluta spirit in them during an international student conference that was held in UI recently ( African students for Liberty)

#All those amazing structures, they can't even maintain it. To renovate is problem for the school.
If ah tear you slap,you go begin see your Period angry .

"OAU students occupy the highest cadre in the ladder of unemployment"
"OAU can't maintain their school's facilities"

Mr.Man,where do you keep digging all these BS from?!. You typed them in a way someone would think you had a reliable source to back them up.

Pls,for the last time,stop peddling lies around. If you wanna argue OAU is not the best; do that with valid points and not with points you dig from god knows where.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Tobbie9(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Leitner:

Mr.Man,where do you keep digging all these BS from?!. You typed them in a way someone would think you had a reliable source to back them up.

Pls,for the last time,stop peddling lies around. If you wanna argue OAU is not the best; do that with valid points and not with points you dig from god knows where.
the guy is a disgrace to unilorin or whatever schools he attends, talk about completely silly points
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tobbie9: the guy is a disgrace to unilorin or whatever schools he attends, talk about completely silly points
rili?
and wif all d errors in ur post? u r not a disgrace to ur own school.
I rili don't like it when u say so such things on Nairaland.. nobody is a disgrace to his/her school. most tyms... things don't appear the way they seem...
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Babafaros(m): 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
DrHesjay: rili?
and wif all d errors in ur post? u r not a disgrace to ur own school.
I rili don't like it when u say so such things on Nairaland.. nobody is a disgrace to his/her school. most tyms... things don't appear the way they seem...

Guy,Use Your sense na ooo,Why always looking for Ppl's error,Are u d Creator of English language,mtshewww
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Babafaros:

Guy,Use Your sense na ooo,Why always looking for Ppl's error,Are u d Creator of English language,mtshewww
Sir.. hope u read well before making comment? I don't mind lending my glasses out

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Babafaros(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
DrHesjay: Sir.. hope u read well before making comment? I don't mind lending my glasses out

mtschewww
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Babafaros:

mtschewww
this one u r e-hissing.. don't go n e-lean oo
I heard pple who hiss become lean...
I don't want u to lose weight ooo..
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Natifa(f): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ahmeen: modify ur post nd correct d MONENT,i know its typo error.u v proved me ryt,no prob sir/ma...so as much as Oau try,it can only b d best schl of d MOMENT,one dat was someday replaced by UNILORIN cos Oau cant b d only best school in the nation's history....interesting...
frm ur illustration pal, oau was dangote and i was unilorin. So why are u now switching roles in ur final analysis?
Unilorin should knw dat they arn't d 1st best sch and won't be d last.
Albeit, am glad they made it thus far.
Am also glad that u got my point,even if u don't accept it somtin tels me u understand it.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
Leitner:

#Do I say they occupy the highest cadre of unemployemt, I mean they are the one most company would like to hire.... #Labour market would have preferred OAU students than any other school.

#Is it not the OAU, that school management can't renovate the school building
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by rkarang: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
I have seen graduates from prestigious institutions who can't speak in front of six people intelligently. And I have been absolutely mesmerized by professionals who attended university I never heard of.

I maintain that which university you attend is less important than what you make of your opportunity during your course of studies.

Thank you readers smiley wink

3 Likes

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
rkarang: I have seen graduates from prestigious institutions who can't speak in front of six people intelligently. And I have been absolutely mesmerized by professionals who attended university I never heard of.

I maintain that which university you attend is less important than what you make of your opportunity during your course of studies.

Thank you readers smiley wink

That's it o..... #OAU too like bragging... I don't know their problem and the thing is most graduates Nigeria produced are still half baked.

#UNILORIN even attract more student than almighty OAU.

#If UI, UNILORIN, UNILAG, LAUTECH, UNIBEN, ABU and OOU grad apply for a job in one company where OAU grad also applied their too, those school graduates should just leave it for OAU because they won't hire them.
#The reason is just because OAU is the best and most sought school in Nigeria labour market.
Great IFE.... GREAT!!!!!
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
isaajibola:

#Do I say they occupy the highest cadre of unemployemt, I mean they are the one most company would like to hire.... #Labour market would have preferred OAU students than any other school.

#Is it not the OAU, that school management can't renovate the school building
Where is this fool getting his pionts from? He keeps clamouring on invalid points, OAU can maintain her structures? have u been to OAU before?if yes,tell me when? U sound like my futa friend who always 'beef' that OAU lives on past glories. just of recent in the cause of our chatting,he confessed to me that OAU is on his top list for his msc if he fails to get a scholarship to do it abroad. i believes his orientation about this great citadel of learning changed when he came over to ife to greet me. u cant understand until u exprience it! Most people spew gibberish base on what the heared from those whose OAU post utme had frustrated thier lives.

#Repping my great ife since 1942

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 11:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
PrinceMario: Where is this fool getting his pionts from? He keeps clamouring on invalid points, OAU can maintain her structures? have u been to OAU before?if yes,tell me when? U sound like my futa friend who always 'beef' that OAU lives on past glories. just of recent in the cause of our chatting,he confessed to me that OAU is on his top list for his msc if he fails to get a scholarship to do it abroad. i believes his orientation about this great citadel of learning changed when he came over to ife to greet me. u cant understand until u exprience it! Most people spew gibberish base on what the heared from those whose OAU post utme had frustrated thier lives.

#Repping my great ife since 1942

See this guy o #Have been into OAU many times, I even ate with some of your lecturers the last time I went there. (July 2013 at Centre for Distance Learning)

#I know that you will still point to OAU post utme..... Every candidate that point out the lapses of OAU now failed post utme #I can see you're frustrated and that's what make you think OAU is better than every Nigeria school.
#OAU is the best in Nigeria and 8 in Africa.... Great Ife

There are 2 schools in Nigeria, OAU and others
OAU leading the packs and others follow
#UI Vice chancellor is an OAU graduate
#UNILORIN VC is an OAU graduate
#LAUTECH VC is an OAU graduate
#Jonathan is an OAU graduate
#UNILAG VC is an OAU graduate

#Great Ife!!!! Great!!!!!!!! Oba Awon Universities
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by buzyguy: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2014
isaajibola:
See this guy o #Have been into OAU many times, I even ate with some of your lecturers the last time I went there. (July 2013 at Centre for Distance Learning)
#I know that you will still point to OAU post utme..... Every candidate that point out the lapses of OAU now failed post utme #I can see you're frustrated and that's what make you think OAU is better than every Nigeria school.
Even if u were to be applauded for ur strong love and the convictn that gr8t ife is the best,ur last inane quote has contextually depicted all ur arguments as being void and unapplicable because they all form from a senseless mind of ARO
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2014
buzyguy: Even if u were to be applauded for ur strong love and the convictn that gr8t ife is the best,ur last inane quote has contextually depicted all ur arguments as being void and unapplicable because they all form from a senseless mind of ARO

#Is that what you learning in school #Abusing when argue. The second guy called PRINCE MARIO, same thing with him.

Why can't you guyz quote me wrong instead of abusing.
#I think I have time for OAU peeps this time around.
#I have a lot of OAU students as friend and they don't behave like this and I met some during my IT and some personally.... Some graduated this year #Mech Engr and Economics.

#You guyz really need to change your orientation....

#If OAU is arguably the best, they suppose to be leading most discipline in this country #Fact
#Her student will be HOT CAKE in labour market #Fact
#Some OAU courses might not even better Mcpherson University courses not to talk of UNILAG, UI, UNILORIN, UNIBEN and co. #Fact

#Am proud of my alma mata anytime anyday.... Rep; Loyola College Ibadan, The Polytechnic Ibadan and University of ........ *Pick race*
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by seribroo56(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
isaajibola:

point of correction my vc(gbadegeshin) [lautech] is not an oau graduate
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
seribroo56: point of correction my vc(gbadegeshin) [lautech] is not an oau graduate

#Don't you read.... You suppose to have known that am just making jest of OAU students

#Prof Gbadegesin is from UI
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by seribroo56(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
isaajibola:

#Don't you read.... You suppose to have known that am just making jest of OAU students

#Prof Gbadegesin is from UI
exatly.i didnt know.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by ItzDavid(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Leitner:
In an attempt to appear smart,you ended up showcasing your ignorance to the whole world.

So in your myopic mind now,having good teaching hospital is the sole parameter for judging which university is best?.
I will just stop here coz expecting a logical and valid argument from someone like you is like chasing clouds.

And as for all the remaining haters,you'd do well to mention the name of your universities(evidently in some peoples case: Polytechnics) and maybe after then give us the pictorial evidence of the Zmapp your school produced in their archaic lab.

Nobody ever argued that "OAU was the best in Africa" or was "international standard",so where that argument stemmed from is still a mystery to me.

The valid statement still stands: "OAU is the best in Nigeria",whether it meets the international standard or not is entirely another thing. If you feel the above quoted words are wrong; pls do state your valid points (as some have done) to counter it instead of resulting to personal attacks.

#teamOAU. haters be hating from titi cool
clap 4 ursef You are correct jare my guy oau is d best i heard that OAU will soon ON..wen will you OFF.mumu-léè
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by dewaleshonekan: 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
OAUIFE is superior to ilorin in all spheres.Ilorin is created 4 numerical reasons coz d school waz a satelite campus of the Premier university.A fact dat d so called better by far graduates should have a recourse to.There's no basis 4 comparison coz in terms of Academic Excellence,OAUIFE is the best in Nigeria.ilorin is a feather weight institution in d mould of :unical,unimaid,udu,unijos.There products should learn how 2 gather fact b/4 subscribing 2 sensitive issues.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by rkarang: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
dewaleshonekan: OAUIFE is superior to ilorin in all spheres.Ilorin is created 4 numerical reasons coz d school waz a satelite campus of the Premier university.A fact dat d so called better by far graduates should have a recourse to.There's no basis 4 comparison coz in terms of Academic Excellence,OAUIFE is the best in Nigeria.ilorin is a feather weight institution in d mould of :unical,unimaid,udu,unijos.There products should learn how 2 gather fact b/4 subscribing 2 sensitive issues.

Another one bites the dust
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Babafaros(m): 1:47am On Nov 05, 2014
noordean:
chai !! i always laff weneva i c some frends of mine who eventually graduated with first class frm unilorin, after failing oau post utme twice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

78 Graduate With First Class At University Of Maiduguri / When Will 2013/2014 NECO Result Be Out / Olusegun Agagu Foundation Full Scholarships Scheme 2018 For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.