Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University (10026 Views)

Dickson Ndukwe-agbai (nigerian) Best Doctorate Student In UK University (photo) / 2008 Post Jamb Date 4 Uniben,oau & Unilorin. / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Getting a traffic doesn't determine the best but who has more population.

In Webometric ranking, there was a year OAU was ranked 8th in Africa and normally, no Nigerian schools makes it in Top10 when it comes to academic ranking.

Cocalola can't be used to compare institution. They are actually two different things.

We are not talking about money here but webometric ranking doesn't determine quality but quantity. grin
who told you that webometric ranking is all about crowd. I will excuse your ignorance on this issue and simply advise you to click on webometric for more information or continue in the realm of misinformation .

I gave you an highlight of Coca-Cola company to tell you the usefulness of advertisevent. Do not be deceive, Coca-Cola industry and any educational industry can be compare. Coca-Cola as a company engages in research and one of their recent development was diet coke. What did you notice about diet coke, when they discovered this new product, an online advertisement was done, let alone our educational sector. Do You think webometric will just give a skul best uni for no just reason? They world have look in the area of Their research and other viable factor to warrant oau such post.

Webometric is also a source of raising Nigeria educational system because it creates an avenue of bringing citizen who wish to invest in nigeria educational system to orchestrale their plans
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

You are wrong. NUC(Nigeria University Commision) ranking is the best and UI leads there followed by UNILAG.

It ranks on academic exellence, faclity etc
It's actually National University commissione and not Nigeria university commission cheesy

Are You talking atout the same ranking NUC outrightly debunkedgringrin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: It's actually National University commissione and not Nigeria university commission cheesy

Are You talking atout the same ranking NUC outrightly debunkedgringrin

LOL! See the best ranking here and they'll soon release another one for this year.

1) University of Ibadan

2) University of Lagos

3) University of Nigeria

4) Obafemi Awolowo University.

5) Ahmadu Bello University

6) University of Benin

http://www.urapcenter.org/2013/country.php?ccode=NG&rank=all
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! See the best ranking here and they'll soon release another one for this year.

1) University of Ibadan

2) University of Lagos

3) University of Nigeria

4) Obafemi Awolowo University.

5) Ahmadu Bello University

6) University of Benin

http://www.urapcenter.org/2013/country.php?ccode=NG&rank=all
NUC disassociated herself from the aforementioned ranking grin
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: NUC disassociated herself from the aforementioned ranking grin

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53622280.jpg[/img]
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Donkunxex(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
dridowu: Na their wahala be dat. But the truth remains THE FIRST AND THE BEST is still their Igwe.
yabatech
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: who told you that webometric ranking is all about crowd. I will excuse your ignorance on this issue and simply advise you to click on webometric for more information or continue in the realm of misinformation .

I gave you an highlight of Coca-Cola company to tell you the usefulness of advertisevent. Do not be deceive, Coca-Cola industry and any educational industry can be compare. Coca-Cola as a company engages in research and one of their recent development was diet coke. What did you notice about diet coke, when they discovered this new product, an online advertisement was done, let alone our educational sector. Do You think webometric will just give a skul best uni for no just reason? They world have look in the area of Their research and other viable factor to warrant oau such post.

Webometric is also a source of raising Nigeria educational system because it creates an avenue of bringing citizen who wish to invest in nigeria educational system to orchestrale their plans

Webometric is the best ranking org! We've heard you.

How many time have you people seen webometric personnel in your school doing inspection of the school facilities and how lectures is being conduct and its impact on student ?

But if they show OAU and UNILORIN peeps another org that rank universities, both schools will disagree with the ranking because OAU & UNILORIN are not in the 1st position.
You can see some matured school doesn't give a damn about what both school are contemplating on.

#E Warrior: OAU and UNILORIN
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: [b]beef kor, corn beef ni. You single handedly said UI is more popular than other uni and I refute your statement with fact. You are just being emotional and of such your statement reeks misunderstanding of the issue at hand.

[/b]WHO is an e_warrior here na? me or you? UI no dey the table of discussione and You brought Her in. WHO is a troll na?

How many time have you people seen webometric personnel in your school doing inspection of the school facilities and how lectures is being conduct and its impact on student ?

If covenant is so popular and better than 98% of Federal and state universities, I think they suppose to have more foreigners in their school than many universities in Nigeria.
Go to UI, UNILAG, ABU, OAU and co, you will see a lot of foreigners...

But if they show OAU and UNILORIN peeps another org that rank universities, both schools will disagree with the ranking because OAU & UNILORIN are not in the 1st position.
You can see some matured school doesn't give a damn about what both school are contemplating on.

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by ItzDavid(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
yeye pple rating yeye universities is it OAU that operates like Phcn or ilorin dat operates like boarding skul dat deserves the lead...una no dey shame..after arguing who the best is here in Nigeria..at African level u will stil be arguing for 80+ spot yet Nigeria is The giant of african and we hav d best economy..worldwide level notin dey to talk about that...Oau and ilorin do produce medical personnel why cant they engage them to find solution to the ebola situation since they are the best..wen USA refuses to give us Zmapp many dy talk trash..if there education system is lyk Phcn and boarding house type will be able to produce Zmapp..weda they rate u as 1st or last edu for dis country na wash...and sum daft entities are fond of luking for blunders..na ur family invent english? If u carry out investigation most of dem don spill at skul extra yr is sure 4 dem,sum hav not produce any tangible achievement till date,dy will gather themselves here and start forming "patrick obahiagbon" for us truly many are mad but few are roaming about
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by uceee(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
This is just the media insulting both schools by making it seem like they are fighting for who is "ranked" the best.

Every school is definitely striving to be the best, but these 2 schools are just advertising themselves by quoting rankings from 2 different sources that favour them.

The real competition to be the best is in what they do/are willing to do to make themselves stand out.

As far as am concerned, OAU can be rated the worst university in Nigeria. I won't care as far as I am getting the expected quality of education I went there to obtain.

These international ranking bodies do not know anything about Nigerian Universities. They just sit in their offices and compile some lists based on some vague criteria known only to them while some people here actually argue over those rankings.

The NUC which is responsible for accrediting Nigerian universities should rank them department by department, faculty by faculty. That will be a much better and more relevant ranking.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
uceee: This is just the media insulting both schools by making it seem like they are fighting for who is "ranked" the best.

Every school is definitely striving to be the best, but these 2 schools are just advertising themselves by quoting rankings from 2 different sources that favour them.

The real competition to be the best is in what they do/are willing to do to make themselves stand out.

As far as am concerned, OAU can be rated the worst university in Nigeria. I won't care as far as I am getting the expected quality of education I went there to obtain.

These international ranking bodies do not know anything about Nigerian Universities. They just sit in their offices and compile some lists based on some vague criteria known only to them while some people here actually argue over those rankings.

The NUC which is responsible for accrediting Nigerian universities should rank them department by department, faculty by faculty. That will be a much better and more relevant ranking.

Thanks for your comment. #Reasonable comment
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
ItzDavid: yeye pple rating yeye universities is it OAU that operates like Phcn or ilorin dat operates like boarding skul dat deserves the lead...una no dey shame..after arguing who the best is here in Nigeria..at African level u will stil be arguing for 80+ spot yet Nigeria is The giant of african and we hav d best economy..worldwide level notin dey to talk about that...Oau and ilorin do produce medical personnel why cant they engage them to find solution to the ebola situation since they are the best..wen USA refuses to give us Zmapp many dy talk trash..if there education system is lyk Phcn and boarding house type will be able to produce Zmapp..weda they rate u as 1st or last edu for dis country na wash...and sum daft entities are fond of luking for blunders..na ur family invent english? If u carry out investigation most of dem don spill at skul extra yr is sure 4 dem,sum hav not produce any tangible achievement till date,dy will gather themselves here and start forming "patrick obahiagbon" for us truly many are mad but few are roaming about

They might even be the one having carry over in GES or GNS in their school and they are here forming Mr know it all #AwonSmellos

#I don't even know the impact of OAU and UNILORIN teaching hospital in this country

Most recognize teaching hospital
UCH
LUTH
UNIBEN teaching hospital
ABUTH
UNN teaching hospital

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:
[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53622280.jpg[/img]
I have seen your post
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
isaajibola:

If covenant is so popular and better than 98% of Federal and state universities, I think they suppose to have more foreigners in their school than many universities in Nigeria.
Go to UI, UNILAG, ABU, OAU and co, you will see a lot of foreigners...

I have heard you. Other schools do not worry about this current ranking, so why are you peeved off about what Ï said concerning the two schools. If really you did not feel insecure about my post, you could have read my post and bye pass. Shikena

You do not have to counter my post to show/think you are better with reasoning. Why not make ur post and let us see the logic attachéd. It's better you swerve
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Leitner: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
isaajibola:

They might even be the one having carry over in GES or GNS in their school and they are here forming Mr know it all #AwonSmellos

#I don't even know the impact of OAU and UNILORIN teaching hospital in this country

UCH
LUTH
UNIBEN teaching hospital
ABUTH
UNN teaching hospital
In an attempt to appear smart,you ended up showcasing your ignorance to the whole world.

So in your myopic mind now,having good teaching hospital is the sole parameter for judging which university is best?.
I will just stop here coz expecting a logical and valid argument from someone like you is like chasing clouds.

And as for all the remaining haters,you'd do well to mention the name of your universities(evidently in some peoples case: Polytechnics) and maybe after then give us the pictorial evidence of the Zmapp your school produced in their archaic lab.

Nobody ever argued that "OAU was the best in Africa" or was "international standard",so where that argument stemmed from is still a mystery to me.

The valid statement still stands: "OAU is the best in Nigeria",whether it meets the international standard or not is entirely another thing. If you feel the above quoted words are wrong; pls do state your valid points (as some have done) to counter it instead of resulting to personal attacks.

#teamOAU. haters be hating from titi cool
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Alikaxon(m): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Fynestboi:

aint gat time for you.

Just stop lieing there s nothing to gain coz this is just a faceless forum.

Bro.. FF me back.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Leitner:
In an attempt to appear smart,you ended up showcasing your ignorance to the whole world.

So in your myopic mind now,having good teaching hospital is the sole parameter for judging which university is best?.
I will just stop here coz expecting a logical and valid argument from someone like you is like chasing clouds.

And as for all the remaining haters,you'd do well to mention the name of your universities(evidently in some peoples case: Polytechnics) and maybe after then give us the pictorial evidence of the Zmapp your school produced in their archaic lab.

Nobody ever argued that "OAU was the best in Africa" or was "international standard",so where that argument stemmed from is still a mystery to me.

The valid statement still stands: "OAU is the best in Nigeria",whether it meets the international standard or not is entirely another thing. If you feel the above quoted words are wrong; pls do state your valid points (as some have done) to counter it instead of resulting to personal attacks.

#teamOAU. haters be hating from titi cool

That means you feel insecure
Am not hating neither beefing.... OAU is the best in Nigeria but we didn't see their impact in this country #Atleast, you've heard about Harvard University and their impact in US.

#School that is on strike calling itself best Nigeria #Obviously the best UNI in Nigeria

Am enjoying the show
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
emekakelvin: I have heard you. Other schools do not worry about this current ranking, so why are you peeved off about what Ï said concerning the two schools. If really you did not feel insecure about my post, you could have read my post and bye pass. Shikena

You do not have to counter my post to show/think you are better with reasoning. Why not make ur post and let us see the logic attachéd. It's better you swerve

#Am not bothered about it at all #Just telling you the fact.

#NUC rank suppose to be the judging rank because they are the one accrediting and inspecting our Universities #No offence o
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by emekakelvin(m): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
isaajibola:

#Am not bothered about it at all #Just telling you the fact.

#NUC rank suppose to be the judging rank because they are the one accrediting and inspecting our Universities #No offence o

Fact

Can you kindly tell me where in my post I said nuc is not responsible for inspecting and accrediting Nigeria university? I only said nuc disassociated herself from the recent ranking that place unibadan first and nothing more.

You having issue with webometric ranking and finding a solace in nuc ranking to aid your discomfort shows you do not know how this ranking is being arranged. You do not understand how it's being done, but you are claiming superiority.

^^Like you said in your former post, Havard is place number one and will know their acheivement. Do you that it's not an American based ranking that place havard first, rather it's an Asia based ranking. So, why the fuss about webometric ranking.
As a matter of fact, I am done with this issue.

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 12:19am On Aug 21, 2014
emekakelvin:

Fact

Can you kindly tell me where in my post I said nuc is not responsible for inspecting and accrediting Nigeria university? I only said nuc disassociated herself from the recent ranking that place unibadan first and nothing more.

You having issue with webometric ranking and finding a solace in nuc ranking to aid your discomfort shows you do not know how this ranking is being arranged. You do not understand how it's being done, but you are claiming superiority.

^^Like you said in your former post, Havard is place number one and will know their acheivement. Do you that it's not an American based ranking that place havard first, rather it's an Asia based ranking. So, why the fuss about webometric ranking.
As a matter of fact, I am done with this issue.

You like twisting words o #Am just giving example and you taking it to another dimension

#But you agree with me that webometrics ranking is based on web presence not academic #Even its obvious, because its in their methodology.
#When next they rate Covenant university as the best university in Nigeria, don't debunk it o

#I think you'll get a job here with your 0AU certificate
*PickRace out of the discussion*

Young people making it out their
#Japhet Omojuwa. (FUNAAB graduate)
#Sowore Omoyele (UNILAG graduate) (Sahara reporters CEO )
#Ayo Sogunro (UNILAG)
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by davidmascot(m): 12:20am On Aug 21, 2014
isaajibola:

UCH
LUTH
UNIBEN teaching hospital
ABUTH
UNN teaching hospital
#facts by wikipedia. In terms of research productivity, Ife is ranked as the most
productive university in Nigeria by the National Universities
Commission (NUC) and by Shanghai University world
rankings as it relates to Africa. Ife has attracted young
Nigerian students because, for a long time, it had no lower
age limit for admission.
Research
Great Ife has pursued research vigorously and the results
have contributed immensely to human development in
various ways.
The medical research facilities are embodied in the
spawning teaching hospital, Obafemi Awolowo University
Teaching Hospital. Its consistently sited has a highly
reputable teaching hospital based on his numerous records.
The first Siamese twins to be separated in sub Saharan
Africa was carried out at its teaching hospital, Obafemi
Awolowo University Teaching Hospital.[15] Consequently, the
separation of Siamese twins has been successfully carried
out on different occasions while successful cochlear
implantation has been performed repeatedly in the
otorhinolaryngology unit.[6] The feat of the first Renal
Transplantation to be undertaken by a Team of Indigenous
Surgeons in any Public Institution in this Nigeria was
successfully carried out in the Department of Surgery of the
teaching hospital in May 2002. The ophthalmology unit has
continued to practice modern techniques like the small
incision cataract surgeries and is developing the Vitreo-
Retinal Surgery unit. With over 250 laparoscopic surgeries
performed since 2009 and a wide range of diagnostic and
therapeutic gastrointestinal, respiratory and urological
endoscopic procedures performed on routine basis, the
Department has blazed the trail in minimal access surgery
and surgical endoscopy. All arrangement is being made to
commence open heart surgery in the Department in the next
few months. Many lecturers in the Department are External
Examiners and Visiting Professors to other Medical Schools
in the country and a number serve as Examiners in the
Postgraduate Medical Colleges.
The University pioneered research on chemotherapeutic
effect of Fagara Xanthozyloides on sickle cell anaemia.
Invention of locally useful machines such as yam pounding
machine, cowpea sheller, palm oil digester and mechanical
cassava pulveriser/sifter and fryer.[16] She pioneered the
resuscitation and modernization of the traditional bronze-
casting technology.[16] She also pioneered the introduction
of entrepreneurship education at the undergraduate level
and this has now been adopted nationally and by the
National Universities Commission (NUC).[6] She is the
leading ICT University with a bandwidth of 113 Mbit/s as well
as a pioneer in iLab. The first iLab in Africa, south of Sahara
was developed and established in OAU in collaboration with MIT

1 Like

Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by isaajibola(m): 12:34am On Aug 21, 2014
davidmascot: #facts by wikipedia. In terms of research productivity, Ife is ranked as the most
age limit for admission.
Research
various ways.

#Other schools have their own record too

E warrior: OAU and UNILORIN
#watching in 3D
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by davidmascot(m): 12:40am On Aug 21, 2014
isaajibola:

#Other schools have their own record too

E warrior: OAU and UNILORIN
#watching in 3D
I just showed you the impact of OAU Teaching Hospital (what you asked for) nt its superiority to others......
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Ahmeen: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Ahmeen: 7:28am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Babafaros(m): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by PrinceMario(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2014
davidmascot: #facts by wikipedia. In terms of research productivity, Ife is ranked as the most
age limit for admission.
Research
various ways.
#Gbam
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
FrancisTony: In term of quality of graduate produced, OAU beat UNILORIN handsdown.

But, none of them deserves number one. undecided
wow... rili?
statistics? source?
have u started employing people that you now knw d quality of graduates?
or r u a graduate? how many graduates have u worked with professionally?
mtchw. . think before u post
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
DrHesjay: wow... rili?
statistics? source?
have u started employing people that you now knw d quality of graduates?
or r u a graduate? how many graduates have u worked with professionally?
mtchw. . think before u post

I noe get your time aswear. angry
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
FrancisTony:

I noe get your time aswear. angry
like seriously? that's interesting.
but I have yours ... u shld knw n jobless...
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
DrHesjay: like seriously? that's interesting.
but I have yours ... u shld knw n jobless...

lol. No time for argument.

I am not in the mood.
Re: OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
he he.. see arguments sha...
but seriously.. unilorites, u need not argue on this issue.. cos we knw d truth..
when u want to compare schools.. abeg no out unilorin n oau 2geda . if its UI,that's when u need to try so hard to argue it.. but when its oau..hahaa
Past glory or present achievements??
oau cannot stand Unilorin... just visit both schools.. check out facilities.. d lecturers ..
Visit oauthc n UITH .. compare things..
learning is not about past achievement of ur school or the beauty... with all their noise.. how many foreign students can they boast of?? in both their undergraduate n post graduate levels??
oau has not defeated unilorin in ant medical competition for the past 5yrs... y r they bragging??
just leave them biko.. let them continue to claim they r better than unilorin when they live in d 1900s.. n unilorin is far in 2040
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Go For Radiography, Medical Lab Science Or Biochemistry? / 78 Graduate With First Class At University Of Maiduguri / When Will 2013/2014 NECO Result Be Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.