Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,994 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? (2989 Views)

PHOTOS: Lady Gets The Shock Of Her Life After Opening A New Baby Cream / Nigerian Lesbian Aderonke Apata Pleads For UK Judge To Save Her Life / Should She End Her Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by bigheart2013(m): 3:44am On Aug 18, 2014
Last time I visited home I read of a young, helpless girl who was tricked into dating a cultist who threatened her life when she tried to quit. In her last attempt the shameless man made good his threat and poured acid on her. I was reading out the newspaper story to a neighbor at Lagos when her female visitor looked so sober and said she's in a very similar situation now and tears rolled down her cheek. She said her family was poor. She lived in fear and reached out to people who only gave empty words of advice to pray about it. She tried to quit several times but each time was intimidated into returning to the man, who's much older, richer, and connected with police. She knew her life was in danger and that "A bad friendship can never result in a good marriage" but was too afraid to quit.

I'm a novice in relationships and advised her since police couldn't help her maybe she should get a more powerful friend than the man...but my neighbor chipped in that it won't work in Nigeria; that it must be a gradual process to avoid violent end as I read. Very sad!

1. What practical, feasible steps can you give to young girls to end relationships like this without risking their lives especially if the man is either a dangerous cultist, militant, or violent and richer?

2. If you have ended a relationship like this before, how did you go about it?
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 18, 2014
Sad,but this happens every day, still,it's the police you go to,for the girl in question to get help,she'll need a lot of confidence and mental strength....if she has the confidence,then she needs a criminal lawyer and the police, gather the strength to identify the boyfriend/cultist who is threatening her,and get him arrested. ...that person might have to sign a refraining order. ..or any other contract that says nothing must happen to her or he'll be held responsible....

The girl just has to look for a police officer that hasn't been 'bought' ,but these situations are very difficult to handle.
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 6:09am On Aug 18, 2014
Very very simple situation. She can never leave that man as long as she lives the same way the man met her. She needs to change her life style totally to one tthat the man won't like to be seen associated or associating with. The police can't and won't help. Tell her to take a radical Christian look,start going to church very very very regularly, start dressing like the pope mother,anytime she is with the man friends she should be telling them to give their lives to christ and asking them to kneel down for prayers anywhere she sees them. She should even enrol in the bible school ,ask the man to enrol too and things like that,she should wake up in the morning around 4.30am to 5am ,ring loud small church bells around the house and call everyone for 1hr morning devotion.after 2 weeks she should tell the man that God wants to deliver his house from the powers of darkness. Believe me withing one month that man will get fed up and lastly she should be doing loud and noisy night vigils . The man will be the one to tell her that she isn't the woman he met that she has changed and will let her go$.but as long as she still lives the same way the man met her ,she wontt break free tell her to change her life style,totally,completely and radically and the man too will change towards her and push her away

23 Likes

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2014
Well she should be diagnosed with a deadly contagious disease....then simply join a xch seeking healing while completely changing her lifestyle following onatisi's example... Simple!

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2014
smartchoice: Well she should be diagnosed with a deadly contagious disease.... Simple!

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by laidol(f): 6:33am On Aug 18, 2014
The girl should start pretending n showing signs of ebola, he will run away himself

2 Likes

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2014
Tell her to tell the man that her Ex was Shekau.
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by thorpido(m): 6:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Onatisi's suggestion.The only practical way.
If she gets so illuminated by Light,darkness will turn away.

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 6:54am On Aug 18, 2014
thorpido: Onatisi's suggestion.The only practical way.
If she gets so illuminated by Light,darkness will turn away.
thanks bro. If I am dating a lady and suddenly she change to hare krishna worshipping by bringing incense and other indian things into my house I won't think twice to leave her. It is obvious that man still sees her as she was when they met.

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Morotov1(m): 6:58am On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: thanks bro. If I am dating a lady and suddenly she change to hare krishna worshipping by bringing incense and other indian things into my house I won't think twice to leave her. It is obvious that man still sees her as she was when they met.
You're one hell of a 1001 ways to break-up expert....Damn.

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Richy4(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2014
it is really simple. let her join Deeper life. go to the worst market in Nigeria, buy oversized skirts, 4yards of head gears different colour. and the most horrible shoes ever worn by human.

if he sees you he will never know it was you. tell him to join you in your new found church. tell him that u are a new creature. old things has passed away bla bla bla...... he will ask u never to set foot in his house.

then change location. so all this movies no dey teach una any thing abi?

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Morotov1: You're one hell of a 1001 ways to break-up expert....Damn.
broooooos haba . Na woman teach me ooooo
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by thorpido(m): 7:52am On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: thanks bro. If I am dating a lady and suddenly she change to hare krishna worshipping by bringing incense and other indian things into my house I won't think twice to leave her. It is obvious that man still sees her as she was when they met.
Na so.She doesn't have to struggle with him.
Just change the hair to braids alone,no attachment.Wear drab clothes and when he calls or needs her,she should tell him to come and pick her up in church.Make him look for her around the church and surely he will get tired and pissed off eventually.

2 Likes

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by desirewhet(m): 9:36am On Aug 18, 2014
If she claim to b a hard core xtian, d man may even bcom very haPpy knowing dat his gf is born again, makin him more obsessed wt ha! If she runs off, ha family wil b @risk of not seein ha again! . Police aren't ur friends always, wat u nid do is bcom a nun.
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 10:26am On Aug 18, 2014
desirewhet: If she claim to b a hard core xtian, d man may even bcom very haPpy knowing dat his gf is born again, makin him more obsessed wt ha! If she runs off, ha family wil b @risk of not seein ha again! . Police aren't ur friends always, wat u nid do is bcom a nun.
no un religious man can tolerate a religious nuisance in his house or environment.

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2014
nobody tricked her into dating a cultist. campus girls go after cult guys cos they want to be among the big babes and their long throat 4 stolen money and phones push them into the wrong hands. I've seen it happen many times. Their boy friends will steal Z10, GALAXY, Q10 etc from other students and give it to them, they will be happy. Later they will think they can easily dump the guy and go free. I feel no sympathy 4 such useless girls. sHE SHOULD GO N refund the guy all the stolen monies , jewelries and gadgets she collected or die in the relationship. NONSENSE !
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by DeeMain(m): 10:44am On Aug 18, 2014
Genuinely give your life to Christ and become committed to your church/fellowship in school. Start serving in various capacities there.
Tell him of your new status. Bid him bye respectfully but with all seriousness.

Let your pastor/leaders know about the situation. If they are bold and mature , and filled with the Spirit, they'd talk to him and he'll listen.

Learn to pray violently. Violent situations demands violent response.
Just praying and speaking the word about the situation will work just fine.

Police case may or may not escalate things. Don't rule it out though. No violence or verbal abuse from your side. Never.

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2014
smartchoice: Well she should be diagnosed with a deadly contagious disease....then simply join a xch seeking healing while completely changing her lifestyle following onatisi's example... Simple!
[size=16pt]THAT'S WHERE EBOLA COMES INTO PLAY grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2014
DeeMain: Genuinely give your life to Christ and become committed to your church/fellowship in school. Start serving in various capacities there.
Tell him of your new status. Bid him bye respectfully but with all seriousness.

Let your pastor/leaders know about the situation. If they are bold and mature , and filled with the Spirit, they'd talk to him and he'll listen.

Learn to pray violently. Violent situations demands violent response.
Just praying and speaking the word about the situation will work just fine.

Police case may or may not escalate things. Don't rule it out though. No violence or verbal abuse from your side. Never.
[size=15pt]nigerians always religious in times of trouble. na wa o ![/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by DeeMain(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2014
lofty900: [size=15pt]nigerians always religious in times of trouble. na wa o ![/size]

We haff heard!

Religious? Naa.Christ-like Christian lifestyle? Yea.

What about a smart option for her from you instead of criticising what you don't understand?

3 Likes

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2014
DeeMain:

We haff heard!

Religious? Naa.Christ-like Christian lifestyle? Yea.

What about a smart option for her from you instead of criticising what you don't understand?
religion does not solve every single problem. if only we can understand this, the world will be a better place. by the way it's criticizing. thank u

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by DeeMain(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2014
[quote[b][/b] author=lofty900][/b]religion does not solve every single problem. if only we can understand this, the world will be a better place. by the way it's [b]criticizing. thank u [/quote]

Thanks for ferreting that out. Smart you. You see, criticize and criticise(Britian), actually are two correct spellings of the same word bruv.

In your omni-wisdom, where in my statement did I say it does? Where is your logic? What argument are you addressing?Who's playing the drums you are dancing to?

3 Likes

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2014
DeeMain:

Thanks for ferreting that out. Smart you. You see, criticize and criticise(Britian), actually are two correct spellings of the same word bruv.

In your omni-wisdom, where in my statement did I say it does? Where is your logic? What argument are you addressing?Who's playing the drums you are dancing to?
alright, no need 2 fight
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
lofty900: alright, no need 2 fight
I wonder oo wettin cause fight. No be dem sister ,mother or daughter dey involved,even tthe op sef never visit the thread since he open am . Why ppl go dey fight on top another man matter,I tire ooo
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: I wonder oo wettin cause fight. No be dem sister ,mother or daughter dey involved,even tthe op sef never visit the thread since he open am . Why ppl go dey fight on top another man matter,I tire ooo
i tire ooo my brother
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by bigheart2013(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Wished we could get real practical suggestions not as dramatic as some suggestions above. Not everyone enjoys being a 'drama queen'. She could solve one problem and create another.

1. I absolutely support the idea of trying to get his attention off her by changing her lifestyle but how can she do that without creating more drama? But one thing we forget is that this so-called man probably has 'tasted' her before and know how 'sweet' she is. That may be his motivating factor here not really love or care for her.

2. I also beg to disagree with the poster that said most girls who find themselves with cultist did so in search for money, fame, or validation. Cultists are boys and often from good homes, but simply following self-destructive paths. Some of them also need help to get out of it but can't for fear of being killed by their colleagues.

How about reporting to her school chaplain? Isn't this suppose to be one of the duties of school chaplains or are they usually afraid too?

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
So will the. Chaplin be following her all about? She doesn't want to change and yet she wants freedom . Ok oo goodluck
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by Amhappy(f): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: So will the. Chaplin be following her all about? She doesn't want to change and yet she wants freedom . Ok oo goodluck
Great suggestion you have up there. @Op she either do what this bro said or disappear or wait to get dumped/killed.

1 Like

Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by onatisi(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Amhappy: Great suggestion you have up there. @Op she either do what this bro said or disappear or wait to get dumped/killed.
madam,dem no dey teach persin,the girl will learn with experience .
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by bigheart2013(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
This may sound funny because a girl is involved, however it's no different from a man who cannot quit a very stressful job with a harassing boss because he has to put food on the table for his family. Usually people in this type of situations feel powerless and helpless. Only outsiders can help them.
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by desirewhet(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
onatisi: no un religious man can tolerate a religious nuisance in his house or environment.

Cos u neva jam.....in dis world...anytin does happen
Re: How Can She End Relationship With A Violent Cultist Without Risking Her Life? by baby124: 1:33am On Aug 19, 2014
If he's obsessed with her, even if she rub sh*i t on her body, he is going no where. Best thing she can do is slowly and steadily withdraw. Let him get tired and dump her. If she knows what she is doing, she will know how to make him dump her with his ego intact. O pari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls My Fellow Nairalanders I Seriously Need Ur Help.. / Advice Needed: Prepaid Meter Or Estimated Billing? / Another Family Wahala, Nairalanders. I Need Advice(s).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.