Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:50 PM

Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks (28717 Views)

Access Bank Scam Mails / Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / The New Scam Mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by doofanc: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
adanduka: I got the first bank email and I clicked on it. Some letters on my laptop keyboard seized up till date and I experience system errors while using it. Prior to this my system was in perfect condition.

Your computer has most likely been infected with a malware. I hope you are not using it for any financial transaction? Because you risk losing your money. I suggest you get a good antivirus and run a through scan.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Burger01(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
This format don dey tay tay.

Just ignore any online updating. Simply walk in to the nearest branch of your bank and do any update if need be.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
hummmmmm,but the knowledge used for all these stuffs is called what? someone sits down and design a whole website and it looks like the original.well well well undecided
MAJOLAUTOS:

This is not talent. Talent always requires 100% of human application to certain technical problems. This is S undecidedCAM not TALENT!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adekennis(m): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Please,format your system ASAP and change ur passwords ..that's remote spy..they are seeing everything on your laptop
adanduka: I got the first bank email and I clicked on it. Some letters on my laptop keyboard seized up till date and I experience system errors while using it. Prior to this my system was in perfect condition.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Chimex388: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie: I will like to draw the attention of all nairalanders on the most recent SCAM mails sent to unsuspected public.Please read and beware,kindly inform your friends and loved ones not to fall for these stuffs.They are devising new means and if you are not detailed,they will clear your accounts.If you are not sure of any mail sent to you fro your bank,kindly walk into the nearest branch and verify.Meanwhile these silly boys sent me a bank mail even when i don't have any account with the mentioned bank.BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS IN CIRCULATION

ebusinessgroup@zenithbank.com
To Me
Aug 15 at 4:44 AM

Zenith Internet Banking Login Alert
There was a successfull login to your zenith internet banking account

Time: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 04:50 PM

If you did not initiate this login kindly email us at
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com,
for security measure

But if you initiated the login kindly ignore this mail

Kindly contact zenithdirct(our 24/7 Customer Interrative Center)On
01-2787000, 01-2927000, 01-4647000 or send an email to
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com, stating your account number and name.

Thank You.

Zenith Bank
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

CHECK THE MAIL YOU WERE ASKED TO CONTACT,THEY OMITTED A LETTER AND IF YOU DONT LOOK CAREFULLY YOU WILL ASSUME ITS ZENITH THEY WROTE......BUT ZENTH
Say no to internet banking!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adekennis(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
There is no help from any insider sir,what they are doing is simply preying on ignorance pple...all they do is to get your bank info and have your card cloned..
balash: Very Funny!! I got the first bank mail twice now but I have been kinda wary cox I dnt have an account with first bank so I wasn't so disturbed but since u just said there's one for Gtb also then I will just be ready incase they send me that also but what I know is that this people can't do all this shits without the help of any insider! Am waiting for the day my money will be deducted without my prior directive that day GTB branch anywhere I walk into will know they have an educated madman as a visitor because this shits can't be done without the help of an insider.they should find the mole b4 I help them out...
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by cirmuell(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
With Gmail, all go to spam box. So I don't pay attention to 'em anyway undecided
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adekennis(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
You are absolutely right
ITbomb: I have been seeing many from banks and yahoomail

The people most susceptible to this scam are those that use email app and especially iPad and iPhone users and safari browser.

The scammers uses the feature that hid the full email address and display only the name of the mail owner which can be customised at will.

Seeing Yahoomail email address and logo, some people might not even check for the full address of the sender.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by daveP(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
iceberylin: maga no need Pay
i got one and wrote ' hehe' in the reply box. Lol

guy how far, u don stick to one section again?
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by dharn10(m): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
i Got the same mail from zenith.... though, i have an account with them but i dont av any money there. and i plan to contact the bank as soon as am less busy. tnx for the update. God bless.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Billygee2u: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
2cato: The funny thing is thatThe rightful authorities are doing nothing about it. The banks and CBN are turning blind eye towards such development and this keep me wandering whether most of their staff are involve. Boys are not smilling.

the mouse in the house informed the bush mouse that ,there's meat in the kitchen .
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by majamajic(m): 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
I got from first bank meanwhile I dont bank with first bank. .. grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by 1stola: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
dedons: ...all scammers are janjaweedians and all janjaweedians are scammers...

APC must be responsible for this!
which day will you have sense
at your age
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ebola boys ?
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ghettodreamz(m): 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie:
CHECK THE MAIL YOU WERE ASKED TO CONTACT,THEY OMITTED A LETTER AND IF YOU DONT LOOK CAREFULLY YOU WILL ASSUME ITS ZENITH THEY WROTE......BUT ZENTH
[b]

Thank you for bringing this to the notice of everyone.

Please note, all these guys need is just your login details, once you followed the link provided in the mail, you get directed to a cloned site that looks just like the original bank site you trading with. Meanwhile, every personal information you entered while on the fake site gets obtained and forwarded to the guys at the other end, either to their email address or CPANEL host, as the case may be.

In hacking, this type of attack is called phishing, and believe me, thousands of bank login details of account holders from various countries abound in some particular places on the internet being traded for next to nothing for third parties, and once these people get hold of your details, the end result is always a bitter one.

Funnily, some people use the same password for all their online accounts, and such people are more vulnerable to email and attack of this nature amidst others.

To protect yourself from this scam - Always be wary of unsolicited emails you get from third parties or strangers, any emails asking you to send or reveal your financial or personal details for an undisclosed huge amount of money in return. Any mails you get from your bank asking you to part or send some certain confidential information about your account, should be sent straight into your email trash can, don't even bother opening it. Sometimes, clicking on some of these links could be disastrous as well, because it's very easy to hide malicious virus with a link or image file which the email might direct you to click on to be directed to the supposed bank site. This can be achieved using RATs and some keyloggers softwares being binded with a file or supposed website url.

In the end, you are left with a compromised system, and every single activities carried out on your personal computer are no more secured, and unknown to you, your email or totality of your system becomes monitored and this same way millions of people have lost several millions of dollars (I lost almost 1M to this same bait) few years ago.

-Make sure you check the sender address of every email you are receiving from your bank to crosscheck you are reading email from the right authority.

-Under no circumstance should you send your bank details or personal info to people you don't know.

-Do not respond to any email informing you of being a lucky winner in a competition or lottery you never register or applied for in the first place.

-Do not respond to job offers you didn't apply for in the first place.

-Always ensure you have a good, solid and updated antivirus with good antispam, malware and firewall intrusion detection and blocker features/capabilities.

-Use different passwords for all your online accounts.

-Ensure you make your password a very hard to guess, either by combining letters and numbers together, or better still with some special characters.

-Avoid using simple names, such as pet names, your first name or last name for your password, this makes it so easy to be guessed, or obtained using hacking techniques such as bruteforce attack, dictionary attack, among others. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by wisemen045(m): 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
balash: Very Funny!! I got the first bank mail twice now but I have been kinda wary cox I dnt have an account with first bank so I wasn't so disturbed but since u just said there's one for Gtb also then I will just be ready incase they send me that also but what I know is that this people can't do all this shits without the help of any insider! Am waiting for the day my money will be deducted without my prior directive that day GTB branch anywhere I walk into will know they have an educated madman as a visitor because this shits can't be done without the help of an insider.they should find the mole b4 I help them out...

There is one for almost all the bank's in Nigeria. And I have received all. In fact, I have started receiving for banks in India. The group behind it have been so persistent. When they saw I was not falling for the scam, they changed format and started sending for business partnership. So far, I have received from a Nigerian Prince willing to share his late dad's confiscated loot in CBN with me. I have received from ''Okonjo Iweala'' and 'Dizeani of PTDF Ministry'. And just this morning I received the below from a Mr. Ezenwa asking me if I could handle a project for him. The way to beat them is to be informed, seek clarification when in doubt and never be greedy. No short cut to success in life.

Dear friend,
Compliment.

[i] We've been trying to reach you several times without success. We are trying if this email can get into your inbox to explain our investment intentions to you.

We are contacting you briefly based on the upcoming project Investment that will commence shortly in your country, as I presently have a client who is interested to investing in your country, but She has never done business in your country before. I wish we find it imperative to work in partnership with you.

Hence upon receipt of this letter, I implore you to kindly respond to us with your Data and your Company profile and also let us know how possible it is to work together in partnership with you under the following conditions below:

1. My client's investment fund is almost ready but willing and able to invest immediately.

2. My client will pay you commission based on the agreed percentage of the investment fund for logistics and protocols upon the conclusion of the project.

3. My client desires absolute confidentiality in the handling and management of this project within 10 years.

We must draw your attention to the fact that I have kept the information's here in this letter stated brief; as I do not know if you will receive this letter and or what your response will be, If you do have the interest and the capability to partner with her under the above stated conditions, we will appreciate your immediate response sent back to us.

We will appreciate that you include your Data and profile of your company for we to appreciate your personality better as advised above.

We look forward to your response and our partner.

Sincerely Yours.

Engr Fred Zen.
+226 745 220 00[/i]

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Johnnoo(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
I've seen this before. Also be careful to observe the email address, besides you bank can never request such details ***use your head***
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
From the domain history here:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=1stbanknigeria-online.com
The domain has been existing since 2001, meaning they've been scamming people since 2001... Will report the domain to the host anyway.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ghettodreamz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
madridfc: From the domain history here:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=1stbanknigeria-online.com
The domain has been existing since 2001, meaning they've been scamming people since 2001... Will report the domain to the host anyway.

You wan spoil their market cheesy grin grin
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by MORNDEW(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
dedons: ...all scammers are janjaweedians and all janjaweedians are scammers...

APC must be responsible for this!
are u suffering from a disease dat d doctors dont know? Or ur case is beyond our pastors. Nd all those who gave u like for this are in d same category wit u. Dats if u ar not d one giving urself like with oda accts.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Gboliwe: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
I have gotten this sort of email on my public mail box from about the whole banks in nigeria. The guys behind this fraud should be apprehended and dealt with.

When I see the mail, I just click "option", delete!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ideology(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie:

Dear Valued Customer,

We have launched our new internet banking plattform for maximum security and effective online banking activities

Kindly update all your records with us correctly to prevent service interruption/suspens

Signed,

First Bank Nigeria Plc

Observe security policies.
To sign up for your free e-statement, and for enquiries on FirstBank products and services, please call 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000, SMS Short Code 30012 or email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com ****************************************************************************** This e-mail and the attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify the sender. If you are not the addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail or attachments are solely those of the sender and may not necessarily represent the views and opinions of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc. This e-mail may however contain information which is protected by legal, professional or other privileges. The contents of this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for all viruses and all reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present. You should however carry out your own virus checks before opening this e-mail or its attachments as First Bank Of Nigeria Plc cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or its attachments. ******************************************************************************

I got this 2weeks ago, they even asked for my username, password, secret word, unfortunately I don't use first bank.

Also got from gtb.

Note:

Don't click any link from bank mail,
all mails uses by banks are non-response mail, u can't reply.
Don't expose ur official mail, use a Different email for social media
Any thing u didn't apply for, ignore mails in that regard

In fact, only desparate folks are easily duped
These scammers are on nairaland too
They copy email through social media

None of the emails are correct bank email address
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ideology(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
cirmuell: With Gmail, all go to spam box. So I don't pay attention to 'em anyway undecided

Seriously gmail sabi filter mails, I don't know how they achieved that,
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by bitweezy: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
2cato: The funny thing is thatThe rightful authorities are doing nothing about it. The banks and CBN are turning blind eye towards such development and this keep me wandering whether most of their staff are involve. Boys are not smilling.

If you ever receive such a mail for First Bank, Kindly forward to "abuse@firstbanknigeria.com" for appropriate action
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by cirmuell(m): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
ideology:

Seriously gmail sabi filter mails, I don't know how they achieved that,
lol, thats what makes them better.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by 2cato: 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
bitweezy:

If you ever receive such a mail for First Bank, Kindly forward to "abuse@firstbanknigeria.com" for appropriate action
thanks.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie: I will like to draw the attention of all nairalanders on the most recent SCAM mails sent to unsuspected public.Please read and beware,kindly inform your friends and loved ones not to fall for these stuffs.They are devising new means and if you are not detailed,they will clear your accounts.If you are not sure of any mail sent to you fro your bank,kindly walk into the nearest branch and verify.Meanwhile these silly boys sent me a bank mail even when i don't have any account with the mentioned bank.BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS IN CIRCULATION

ebusinessgroup@zenithbank.com
To Me
Aug 15 at 4:44 AM

Zenith Internet Banking Login Alert
There was a successfull login to your zenith internet banking account

Time: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 04:50 PM

If you did not initiate this login kindly email us at
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com,
for security measure

But if you initiated the login kindly ignore this mail

Kindly contact zenithdirct(our 24/7 Customer Interrative Center)On
01-2787000, 01-2927000, 01-4647000 or send an email to
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com, stating your account number and name.

Thank You.

Zenith Bank
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

i suspect u sef.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
i have seen you cheesy.[quote author=jjy][/quote]
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
To catch a rat u need to think lyk a rat, and lay down the peanut butter..
Boy no spoil biz 4 boiz o o!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ilotriouzAY(m): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
barcanista: Go find job

bros wetin now
dis one no be job
corprate scammer tongue
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
ilotriouzAY:

bros wetin now
dis one no be job
corprate scammer tongue
cheesy cheesy cheesy EFCC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Important Dates Of 2016. / Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) / Man Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie With Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.