Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks (28701 Views)

Access Bank Scam Mails / Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / The New Scam Mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by deolu2000(m): 12:54am On Aug 19, 2014
dedons: ...all scammers are janjaweedians and all janjaweedians are scammers...

APC must be responsible for this!
smh for u
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by beelon1020(m): 5:55am On Aug 19, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by H2oo(m): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2014
kennygee: Got the same thing too and i don't have an account with Zenith bank.

I also get Ȋ̝̊̅† like every 2 weeks, and I don't have an account with the bank. Even though I wanted to open an account sometime this year, these mails made ♍ε change my mind.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by davades(m): 8:39am On Aug 19, 2014
Even a GTB and FirstBank messages was always sent to me when I don't even have an account with any of the two!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Revolva(m): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2014
dem no fit catch me lie lie
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by thunderrider: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2014
Godfullsam: Only a greedy fool can fall victim of scam. You can not fall victim of scammers if you do not av desires to reap from where you did not sow.
Op thanks for the information anyway...

Guy be wary of Scammers from within

not all that ended uo being duped were greedy
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by abdul4me(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
I received several mails from bank addresses which I am not operating any account with, Obviously I knew it were all scams. But recently, I decided to follow up with one of such mail and ended like this:
tongue Checked the email header and discovered that the senders IP is a randomly generated IP.
tongue I followed the link in the text "http://wwww.zenithbank.com/internetbanking/login/security.aspx?". They took advantage of the function for attaching link to text in a mail by showing you this Zenith bank login page URL in text but behind the scene is a URL linking you to their password harvest server side page.
tongue following the link above, I landed on a page that is on another server and domain different from ZENITH Bank.
tongue Checking the source code for the landed page, I discovered that the guy saved page from ZENITH Bank website because all folders carried "_files" in the name.
tongue Filling the form with nonsense texts and clicked submit button as if I were falling victim, the page loaded to an action page with weird address and redirected me to zenith bank real website (http://wwww.zenithbank.com/internetbanking/login/security.aspx?).

How not to fall victim
1) always check the URL attached to links in a mail before clicking on it and most importantly, if you don't have account with the bank sending you the mail, just delete it
2) Be sure you take your banker's instructions regarding online submission of personal details.
3) Always read terms and condition attached to any bank form before submission. If you always read the banks TOC, you will hardly fall victims to any of these scams.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by MrDoGood(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2014
omon dem reach were i dey too oh.
hahahaha lol
small children
me wen e hate ecobank with passion.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM, EcoBank <tjrszkpz@ecofuelskenya.com> wrote:

> Dear mrdogood5050@gmail.com
> Your email address associated to your EcoBank account account must be
> verified. Please login to your account now in order to verify your email
> address.
> *Account Login <http://www.addialeto.net/ke/eco/>*
>
> Regards,
> EcoBank Customer Care
> ___________________
>
> *This communication contains confidential and privileged information for
> the use of the designated recipient above. Distribution, reproduction, or
> any other use of this transmission by any party other than the intended is
> prohibited.*
>
>
>
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ubanett(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
What about all thèse customs officiers selling cars on this forum. Ndi à la, unu choro irim
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by begwong: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
5252World: ''Get access to over 83 million phone numbers in Nigeria for your campaigns, products launch, seminars, religious meetings, etc. All the numbers are sorted by states and are valid. Call 2347068389181 to get yours now. Please do not send texts to this number.''
Scaammer,how comes your phone number is registered as GIFT CASH
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 11:42am On Aug 21, 2014
A NEW MAIL FROM CHIEF SCAMMER ,PLEASE BE MINDFUL WHEN YOU SEE THIS ONE BELOW

Dear Esteemed Customer,

It has come to our notice that many of our customers online account has been compromised.

In order to enhance the security of online transactions as per regulatory guidelines for additional level of authentication.

We need an accurate verification to your Zenith Online banking For Security Reason.

Login Here: https://ibank.zenithbank.com/internetbanking/index.jsp

We strongly advice you to prevent your account from being Terminated.

Thank You for Banking With Us,
Online Customer Services
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2014
They are supposedly trying to help you solve your problems...please dont click,but religiously press the DELETE ICON ON YOUR MAIL,,,,THANKS
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by mployer(m): 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
UjSizzle:
I hope that's a joke. Do you even know the nigger
Love youuuu kiss
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by cycline404(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
debbie: I will forward the format the use for GTbank and the rest.......please dont be gullible enough to fall for these things,especially when alot of money is presumed to be involved.

Finally it made front page,ok...time to dance atilogwu,with a plate of nkwobi and a glass of chilled juice....am off cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by xtripple: 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Foolish banks , they will be happy to see you being scammed, illiterate staff and management only care how to implore their own way of stealing customers unnecessary . instead of making people have knowledge of this modern scam, just write a notice on entrance of the bank pass simple information to their customers or even send common SMS to all customers. They will not because they steal too
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by megliz(f): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
Most of these scammers are reading these posts and feeling good about it. But the sad news is that whatever you do today has a reward good or bad and if u don't reap it directly, your children will reap it. Now I feel so bad for being off nairaland for a long time .. This thread was actually on before I was scammed and defrauded of everything in my account. Let's see how far they can go before being caught. Useless people. I am still looking for that Osahen Judith my money was transfered to .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? / Some Important Dates Of 2016. / Man Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie With Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.