Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks (28456 Views)

Access Bank Scam Mails / Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / The New Scam Mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 10:20am On Aug 18, 2014
I will like to draw the attention of all nairalanders on the most recent SCAM mails sent to unsuspected public.Please read and beware,kindly inform your friends and loved ones not to fall for these stuffs.They are devising new means and if you are not detailed,they will clear your accounts.If you are not sure of any mail sent to you fro your bank,kindly walk into the nearest branch and verify.Meanwhile these silly boys sent me a bank mail even when i don't have any account with the mentioned bank.BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS IN CIRCULATION

ebusinessgroup@zenithbank.com
To Me
Aug 15 at 4:44 AM

Zenith Internet Banking Login Alert
There was a successfull login to your zenith internet banking account

Time: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 04:50 PM

If you did not initiate this login kindly email us at
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com,
for security measure

But if you initiated the login kindly ignore this mail

Kindly contact zenithdirct(our 24/7 Customer Interrative Center)On
01-2787000, 01-2927000, 01-4647000 or send an email to
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com, stating your account number and name.

Thank You.

Zenith Bank
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

CHECK THE MAIL YOU WERE ASKED TO CONTACT,THEY OMITTED A LETTER AND IF YOU DONT LOOK CAREFULLY YOU WILL ASSUME ITS ZENITH THEY WROTE......BUT ZENTH

48 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 10:26am On Aug 18, 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAIN ADDRESS OF FIRST BANK IS NOT WHAT THESE SCAMMERS WROTE HERE BUT THIS
www.firstbanknigeria.com. So take note
Alot of people have been defrauded unknowingly especially in this age of internet banking and the rest.I still say it,any information you are not sure of,kindly walk into the nearest branch and verify.

Dear Valued Customer,

We have launched our new internet banking plattform for maximum security and effective online banking activities

Kindly update all your records with us correctly to prevent service interruption/suspension.

.You can login using the following link https://www.1stbanknigeria-online.com/FBN/

-------------------------------

https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com/fbn/login.aspx

-------------------------------

Follow the above link and the update is mandatory for migration

For strong security purposes, your account will be suspended within the next 48 hours if you ignore this .
Thank you for banking with FirstBank.

Signed,

First Bank Nigeria Plc

Observe security policies.
To sign up for your free e-statement, and for enquiries on FirstBank products and services, please call 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000, SMS Short Code 30012 or email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com ****************************************************************************** This e-mail and the attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify the sender. If you are not the addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail or attachments are solely those of the sender and may not necessarily represent the views and opinions of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc. This e-mail may however contain information which is protected by legal, professional or other privileges. The contents of this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for all viruses and all reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present. You should however carry out your own virus checks before opening this e-mail or its attachments as First Bank Of Nigeria Plc cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or its attachments. ******************************************************************************

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by debbie(f): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2014
I will forward the format the use for GTbank and the rest.......please dont be gullible enough to fall for these things,especially when alot of money is presumed to be involved.

Finally it made front page,ok...time to dance atilogwu,with a plate of nkwobi and a glass of chilled juice....am off cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks so much for the info

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Itoroetti(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2014
God bless u for dis exposure.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by greall1: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ok
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Chuukwudi(m): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by dedons: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
...all scammers are janjaweedians and all janjaweedians are scammers...

APC must be responsible for this!

23 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by fpeter(f): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
na wa o!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by 2cato: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
The funny thing is thatThe rightful authorities are doing nothing about it. The banks and CBN are turning blind eye towards such development and this keep me wandering whether most of their staff are involve. Boys are not smilling.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Monarchmindset(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
bad guys
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
No be today na cheesy cheesy
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Donsammi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
nigerians.. Inventing new meth0d of scamming since 190o

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Chuukwudi: .
Bro so you sef de do this thing?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by kekakuz(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
naija
is there hope
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Ndyoo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nawaoooo....
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adanduka: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
I got the first bank email and I clicked on it. Some letters on my laptop keyboard seized up till date and I experience system errors while using it. Prior to this my system was in perfect condition.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by twin7: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
Well,this has been the format for a while now and banks do stress that "under no circumstance would they request this information via e-mail". In the end though, I think it all boils down to better enlightenment of the customers. I however believe if you are exposed enough to use these e-services, you really have no excuse. My opinion.

13 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
ilotriouzAY: Babe,no spoil market now
person must to chop
Go find job

18 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by dedons: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Chuukwudi: .
oga,are you stil jobless

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by jairusben(m): 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks alot pwetty
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ALOBAM: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fp shocked shocked shocked shocked *tears pant* grin cheesy cool tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by jnrbayano(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Many thanks Debbie

If they try me, I will be the one to collect the little they have from them.

Ndi ara!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nigerians........scamming since 1800s tongue

Paper excerpt from 02-October-1949 :

The Sunday Herald

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/28665036

9 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Big4wig(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
A friend of mine was caught with "materials" in the exam hall and people wher shouting "chew it chew it" little did they know it was a 300 paged chemistry textbook. cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ifyfaith: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Got the same thing too and i don't have an account with Zenith bank.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Godfullsam(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Only a greedy fool can fall victim of scam. You can not fall victim of scammers if you do not av desires to reap from where you did not sow.
Op thanks for the information anyway...

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by wellmax(m): 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is serious, people just have to be careful online,.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by chelseabmw(m): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks for the info OP

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by twosquare(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Saw that of gtb too in my mail...immediately i knew this can't be from them...delete am sharp sharp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. / 'Even In Heaven You Are Still A Sailor'; Friends Mourn Death Of Soldier. Photos / How To Make A Post In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.