Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks (28457 Views)

Access Bank Scam Mails / Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / The New Scam Mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
I reply dis dude with my bank account then I told him after confirm d money in my account,I'll send him recharge card.

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Debbie,

Where's the one for GTB?
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Ballotelle(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Big4wig: A friend of mine was caught with "materials" in the exam hall and people wher shouting "chew it chew it" little did they know it was a 300 paged chemistry textbook. cheesy
MAKE E CHEW AM NA, i kant naf
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by abhosts(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
These crooks thrive because most people are not security conscious when it comes to the Internet. These guys mostly make use of hacked websites to commit their dark schemes but the Authorities can apprehend them by following the Trail of the Money stolen from compromised bank accounts.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by UjSizzle(f): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
adanduka: I got the first bank email and I clicked on it. Some letters on my laptop keyboard seized up till date and I experience system errors while using it. Prior to this my system was in perfect condition.
Ah so you fell for click-a-bait pele grin
You should also try to avoid opening attachments.

The kind of mails I receive now just tire me. For the past month my name has been Canady and Janet undecided
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by UjSizzle(f): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
jopex: I reply dis dude with my bank account then I told him after confirm d money in my account,I'll send him recharge card.
I hope that's a joke. Do you even know the nigger
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by getukudo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
I get this mails too. I even get alert from FCMB, GTBANK and Firstbank as well. undecided I mean email alerts. And I don't have accounts in any of the banks I've mentioned.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by inteli: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
see them!

1. Greetings from my side and how are you doing? I hope you are doing very good today.

I am Dr Paul Sawadogo the chief Medical consultant at Suka Clinic Ouagadougou and I have a Patient who hails from Singapore but unfortunately is in coma right now due to complications from a Cancer disease and she has the sum of $5.3 Million United States(Five Million Three Hundred Thousand) Dollars she wants me to transfer to you

Please, I will like you to contact me for further details as this is a very sensitive issue that needs urgent attention from you and this is of utmost secrecy as such you must keep it a top secret.reply me on [mrs.tanruby30@gmail.com]

Your friend,
Dr. Paul on behalf of

Mrs.Tan Ruby

Hello Dearest,

My name is Nancy Kabore Laboso, I saw your profile
today and become interested in you. Please reply to me at my email
address (nancykaborelabo@gmail.com) I have much more to discuss with you

Thank you.

Nancy Kabore laboso.

3. Dear Colleagues,

It is a great pleasure to invite you to the International conference on human rights and Elimination of Discrimination in all its Forms which will be held from July 22nd to 1st August 2014 in California United states and Saint-Louis Senegal. This Conference will bring together practitioners, researchers and educators from around the world who are engaged in human rights issues.

Note that all interested delegate that requires entry visa to attend this meeting in the United States abs Senegal will be assisted by the organization, in obtaining visa in their passport. Free air round trip tickets to attend this meeting will be provided to all participants. The conference welcomes paper presentation from any interested participants willing to present papers during the meeting.

For more information, please contact Dr. Julie Dundon via Email: info_ichred2014@qq.com

Please share the information with your colleagues.

Sincerely,
Dr Kate Spencer
Member Activities oordinatorr
Email: katespencer@qq.com

4. LETS BE GOOD FRIEND

Friendship is sharing with laugher & Happiness!
Friendship is helping each other when it seems there's no hope!
Friendship is taking time to encourage one another!

In Friendship you and I can learn from each other also offer good advice to our selves especially in some circumstances that is beyond our control.

There's a miracle called "Friendship." Oh what a miracle in just keeping it real! The "Friendship" dwells way down deep in the heart and soul of a person or individuals.

You don't know how this "Friendship" happens. It just happens so soulfully. It is a light from the "Friendship" that provides sunlight to the soul whenever it happens. But you know and you have to recognize the gift from above.

My name is Juliet Wake from United States of America , hope to tell you more about myself as soon as I hear from you.

cya!

juliet

5. I am Mrs. Nicole Maoris , I am a dying woman who have decided to donate what I have to you churches motherless babies less privileged/widows’ was diagnosed for cancer for about 2 years ago. I have been touched by god to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband to you for good work of god. I have asked god to forgive me and believe he has because he is a merciful god I will be going in for an operation soon.

I decided to will/donate the sum of 2.5 million dollars to you for the good work of god, and also to help the motherless and less privilege and also forth assistance of the widows. At
the moment I cannot take any telephone calls right now due to the fact that my relatives (that have squandered the funds agave them for this purpose before) are around me and my health status also. I have adjusted my will and my lawyer is aware.

I wish you all the best and may the god bless you abundantly, and please use the funds judiciously and always extend the good work to others. As soon you get back to me, I shall give you info on what I need from you then you will contact the bank and tell them I have willed those properties to you by quoting my personal file routing and account information. And I have also notified the bank that I am willing that properties to you for a good, effective and prudent work. I know I don't know you but I have been directed to do this by god.

Respond urgently through this address mrsnicolemoris29@gmail.com

Yours faithful friend,
Mrs. Nicole Maoris ,

6. Wife and I Pedro Quezada won 338 Million USD in a Powerball lottery 6-49 in March, 2013 and I have decided to donate the sum of 2M USD to you. Contact me via my personal email for more details (qpedro23@yahoo.com) You can verify our story by visiting the web page below. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299067/Powerball-winner-Pedro-Quezada-shocked-ticket-worth-338million.html
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by DonaldGenes(m): 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
They nearly spam me but I was three steps ahead of them..
Check my screenshot

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Bede2u(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
See wat d bastards sent me

Dear valued customer,

You have been successfully migrated to the new FirstOnline, our enhanced internet banking solution

Kindly update all your records with us correctly to prevent service interruption/suspension.

KINDLY FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTION

1. Go to https://www.1stbanknigeria-online.com/corp/.

2.Enter Your Current USERID & PASSWORD & a TOKEN CODE

3. It is mandatory to enter the code generated by your FBN hardware token device

4. Lastly, Provide the Answer to your secret questions

5. If you found this message in your spam folder, please kindly move the message to your inbox to enable you click the upgrade link
KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO IN PUT YOUR TOKEN CODE FOR SUCCESSFUL UPDATES TO OUR NEW SITE

You must Synchronize your token to avoid locking of your token thereby making it impossible to carry out transactions online.

Thank you for banking with us.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Toks2008(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2014

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by timmy7(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Godfullsam: Only a greedy fool can fall victim of scam. You can not fall victim of scammers if you do not av desires to reap from where you did not sow.
Op thanks for the information anyway...

Mbanuuu! What is "greed" or "reaping where you did not sow" in someone being scammed trying to update his or her details on some scammers' platform I'll rather call them ignorant fool. Even some so called smart people fall for this...
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by jahbiz: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
5252World: Get access to over 83 million phone numbers in Nigeria for your campaigns, products launch, seminars, religious meetings, etc. All the numbers are sorted by states and are valid. Call 2347068389181 to get yours now. Please do not send texts to this number.
So you are one of their agents. U sell our phone numbers to them and they start sending me msgs saying I'v won #250,000 from **lacasera drink and win promo** when i dont even take a sip.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
To see the masked email address , click " details" when you open the email. There original email address will display. Not that of bank.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by babestella: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
GOOD ONE
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by ceejay80s(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
U guys funny, una get tíme to reply bank emails, weda na real email or not ,ì ignore or delete, i wonder if the bank acct wey ì open dey las vegas wey i no fìt enter there and do my transaction
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Deepfreezer(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie: I will forward the format the use for GTbank and the rest.......please dont be gullible enough to fall for these things,especially when alot of money is presumed to be involved.

Finally it made front page,ok...time to dance atilogwu,with a plate of nkwobi and a glass of chilled juice....am off cheesy cheesy cheesy
you are too smart to be a lady. nice job.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by topas100(m): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Tnx 4 d info
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
adanduka: I got the first bank email and I clicked on it. Some letters on my laptop keyboard seized up till date and I experience system errors while using it. Prior to this my system was in perfect condition.
Your laptop has been infected by, among other badoos, a 'keylogger'. Someone is spying on your password(s).
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by iceberylin(m): 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
daveP: i got one and wrote ' hehe' in the reply box. Lol guy how far, u don stick to one section again?
hehe.........Not yet o....
i just busy sha to be master of ALl
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by gidjah(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=debbie]I will forward the format the use for GTbank and the rest.......please dont be gullible enough to fall for these thing.U TRY MY DEAR, PLS DANCE LIK OKOSO JARE!

Finally it made front page,ok...time to dance
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by gidjah(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Big4wig: A friend of mine was caught with "materials" in the exam hall and people wher shouting "chew it chew it" little did they know it was a 300 paged chemistry textbook. cheesy
U R A BAGGAR CIVILIAN FOR DAT JOKE U MADE!!.hahahaha!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by gidjah(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
Godfullsam: Only a greedy fool can fall victim of scam. You can not fall victim of scammers if u do not av desires 2reap from where u did not sow.
BULSHIT TALK BOY!this case is diffrent pls,we all want to get tins done easily
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie: I will like to draw the attention of all nairalanders on the most recent SCAM mails sent to unsuspected public.Please read and beware,kindly inform your friends and loved ones not to fall for these stuffs.They are devising new means and if you are not detailed,they will clear your accounts.If you are not sure of any mail sent to you fro your bank,kindly walk into the nearest branch and verify.Meanwhile these silly boys sent me a bank mail even when i don't have any account with the mentioned bank.BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS IN CIRCULATION

ebusinessgroup@zenithbank.com
To Me
Aug 15 at 4:44 AM

Zenith Internet Banking Login Alert
There was a successfull login to your zenith internet banking account

Time: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 04:50 PM

If you did not initiate this login kindly email us at
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com,
for security measure

But if you initiated the login kindly ignore this mail

Kindly contact zenithdirct(our 24/7 Customer Interrative Center)On
01-2787000, 01-2927000, 01-4647000 or send an email to
zenithdirect@zenthbank.com, stating your account number and name.

Thank You.

Zenith Bank
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

CHECK THE MAIL YOU WERE ASKED TO CONTACT,THEY OMITTED A LETTER AND IF YOU DONT LOOK CAREFULLY YOU WILL ASSUME ITS ZENITH THEY WROTE......BUT ZENTH
yeah,i usually ignore scam mails but when i got a similar message to the one quoted(not from zenith), i immediately ran to the bank to comfirm. since then,i have'nt received any scam mail. this is clearly the work of some corrupt staff in the bank.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by calaharry: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
debbie: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAIN ADDRESS OF FIRST BANK IS NOT WHAT THESE SCAMMERS WROTE HERE BUT THIS
www.firstbanknigeria.com. So take note
Alot of people have been defrauded unknowingly especially in this age of internet banking and the rest.I still say it,any information you are not sure of,kindly walk into the nearest branch and verify.

Dear Valued Customer,

We have launched our new internet banking plattform for maximum security and effective online banking activities

Kindly update all your records with us correctly to prevent service interruption/suspension.

.You can login using the following link https://www.1stbanknigeria-online.com/FBN/

-------------------------------

https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com/fbn/login.aspx

-------------------------------

Follow the above link and the update is mandatory for migration

For strong security purposes, your account will be suspended within the next 48 hours if you ignore this .
Thank you for banking with FirstBank.

Signed,

First Bank Nigeria Plc

Observe security policies.
To sign up for your free e-statement, and for enquiries on FirstBank products and services, please call 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000, SMS Short Code 30012 or email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com ****************************************************************************** This e-mail and the attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify the sender. If you are not the addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail or attachments are solely those of the sender and may not necessarily represent the views and opinions of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc. This e-mail may however contain information which is protected by legal, professional or other privileges. The contents of this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for all viruses and all reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present. You should however carry out your own virus checks before opening this e-mail or its attachments as First Bank Of Nigeria Plc cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or its attachments. ******************************************************************************
Handiwork of bank ex-staff who used to work in their IT. Banks should step up their IT when old staff leave
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adanduka: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
ezeuba:
You have a bot on your laptop. Please kindly format and start afresh; don't rely on your antivirus.

Thanks a lot. I've just been managing it like that and using the screen keyboard.
I'm a novice when it comes to the computer, so I'll like to know what happens if I format it. Will I lose my documents?
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adanduka: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
doofanc:

Your computer has most likely been infected with a malware. I hope you are not using it for any financial transaction? Because you risk losing your money. I suggest you get a good antivirus and run a through scan.

I used a free antivirus I downloaded but it didn't detect anything. I'll go get a good one, maybe Norton. I guess I'll format too like many people have suggested.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adanduka: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
adekennis: Please,format your system ASAP and change ur passwords ..that's remote spy..they are seeing everything on your laptop

Thanks for the info. It's much appreciated.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adanduka: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
UjSizzle:
Ah so you fell for click-a-bait pele grin
You should also try to avoid opening attachments.

The kind of mails I receive now just tire me. For the past month my name has been Canady and Janet undecided

My dear, I fell o. I was asked to upgrade to the new more secure online banking platform and the website seemed right.
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by adanduka: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: Your laptop has been infected by, among other badoos, a 'keylogger'. Someone is spying on your password(s).

OK. Lesson learnt!
Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by excelabbey(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
........a typical example!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These SCAM Mails From Banks by daveP(m): 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
iceberylin:
hehe.........Not yet o....
i just busy sha to be master of ALl
okay now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. / 'Even In Heaven You Are Still A Sailor'; Friends Mourn Death Of Soldier. Photos / How To Make A Post In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.