Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,942 members, 7,956,557 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. (8840 Views)

Funny But True African Proverbs / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by floranbee1(f): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Una get time o
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by macof(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Op lemme add

1. Igboland is not oil rich, an Igbo gathering would never discuss "how to share our oil rich land". but yes they would discuss sharing of Land and resources.

2. The typical Yoruba mind is not as mathematical and technical as Igbo, Yoruba are more philosophical and psychological minded, never acting too quick but processing thoughts relating to general matters of life.

3. Yoruba women have more endowment of the body, sexy so to say but Igbo are prettier in general

4. Yoruba families stand more united, Igbo families are full of envy and bad blood.

5. Yoruba ladies more conscious about their appearance, with use of jewelery and beauty products not to forget the hair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
The poster saying Igbo land doesn't have oil should day whether abia and imo are in tiv land.
@ Op, Saying igbos don't believe in education is false. That our uneducated eventually succeed doesn't stem from unbelief in the educational system or that any group is less educated.
In other words, formal education doesn't define the destiny of an Igbo man like it will define for other tribes.
Igbos are the finest of Nigeria's technocrats in all fields: from computing, mathematics to medicine , enough said on that.
And the academic indices being reeled out over the years don't support your analysis. In addition, igbos usually constitute the second most populous student population outside igboland.

3 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
macof: Op lemme add

4. Yoruba families stand more united, Igbo families are full of envy and bad blood.

In a bid to tribalise the thread, u shot your self in the foot.
The mere fact that most of your homes are polygamous made your families more guilty than those of igbos.
Bad blood exists in your nuclear families not to talk of extended ones.
An Igbo man always boasts of a nuclear family and will carry his family around as he changes location. The strong sense of commitment is there.
The Yoruba man? where will he start from?
The igbos use the extended family system for settlement of disputes, marriage talks, kindred meetings irrespective of location in Nigeria, etc; the yorubas don't .
Competition is not bad blood

3 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by macof(m): 12:43am On Aug 24, 2014
ngozievergreen:
In a bid to tribalise the thread, u shot your self in the foot.
The mere fact that most of your homes are polygamous made your families more guilty than those of igbos.
Bad blood exists in your nuclear families not to talk of extended ones.
An Igbo man always boasts of a nuclear family and will carry his family around as he changes location. The strong sense of commitment is there.
The Yoruba man? where will he start from?
The igbos use the extended family system for settlement of disputes, marriage talks, kindred meetings irrespective of location in Nigeria, etc; the yorubas don't .
Competition is not bad blood

Oh believe me. I have Igbo extended relatives, in-laws and friends.
A typical Igbo extended family is not united at least not compared to a Yoruba family, where people would still come together to celebrate a common ancestor(we do this in my family)
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 24, 2014
macof:

Oh believe me. I have Igbo extended relatives, in-laws and friends.
A typical Igbo extended family is not united at least not compared to a Yoruba family, where people would still come together to celebrate a common ancestor(we do this in my family)

U don't know anything about Igbo and family system, dude.
Celebrating an ancestor is not the only way to show unity, our extended families unite for other reasons .
First of all, u guys pretend a lot in the front and stab in the back, we just don't pretend and that's what u see as envy. Its all about competition, that's all.
Do u host regular kindred meetings irrespective of location?

3 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
ebuetor: 8. Romantic(males)
Point blank the hausa males are just not romantic. The end. Surprisingly the igbos are next. Dont get me wrong, their is a difference between, spending money lavishly and being romantic. Let me make this clear.
While the igbo guys in love are know to be big spenders for the women they love.They dont stand close to being romantic in nature.
Igbo guys can be so direct, brash, rough, and they seems to have very little sweet words to say, so in place of words, they act(lavish spending) more. Most times the over confident males once they can grab any lady they find attractive, without her approval and say few words like, ''FINE BABE, how far?", and if the babe push them off the next tin you hear is, '' Ar begi , watin dey do you. Oya na carry go.''
Like the saying, '' i love you talk your own.'' Thats the way it is. So i want to believe becos of this limitation in their male folks of EGO and PRIDE, they rely on acting/spending on the woman than talking too much. Toasting is less practiced. Money is spent. Sex is quick. Marriage is a LONG thing.
While SOME igbo guys would love to marry a yoruba lady, becos ......*cough*....bride price isn't as expensive as their igbo sister's. Is it because of the economy?

The yorubas
What is the best example i can give to these male folks? Well have you seen a male cock on display of affection to a hen. Perfect example.The yoruba guys can dance , display(showing their intellectual talent), write long notes(if the need arises), seek the attention/council of her female friends, walk long distance, hang by the wall or window of the lady they love, come rain or shine, but most of all waiting PATIENTLY, telling STORIES to win her heart. And it continues like that even after marriage, respecting her, take her as equal, gisting about his daily experience with her. She will always have her ears filled with interesting stories,being with him. Most yoruba ladies that have dated igbo guys,i over heard, compliment them for their lavish spending, '' no be by mouth only.'' they would say....
Some, not all yoruba ladies would say, they prefer to date( not marry)an igbo guy. Becos they dont just love talk alone, but show it with action(lavish spending of appreciation). I said some, becos most yoruba ladies are not into money like that, but how much you can win her heart with your loyalty.

You are dead wrong; This notion about Igbo guys not being romantic is nothing but a display of stark Ignorance . You are using little educated Igbo traders in Lagos whom because of their inexposure are intimidated by Lagos girls to judge the whole Igbo guys all over the world. Keep thinking like that until an Igbo guy collect your girlfriend...lol

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by macof(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
ngozievergreen:

U don't know anything about Igbo and family system, dude.
Celebrating an ancestor is not the only way to show unity, our extended families unite for other reasons .
First of all, u guys pretend a lot in the front and stab in the back, we just don't pretend and that's what u see as envy. Its all about competition, that's all.
Do u host regular kindred meetings irrespective of location?

Competition is what you call taking your brothers property and leaving his widow out to rot

Competition is what you call not inviting your extended family over

Competition is what you call not helping a brother in need with the little you can

These I have seen with my eyes

Don't think you talking to someone who doesn't know how Igbo families roll. There's jst so little bond, everyone is hustling his own leaving family behind
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
macof:

Competition is what you call taking your brothers property and leaving his widow out to rot

Competition is what you call not helping a brother in need with the little you can

Don't think you talking to someone who doesn't know how Igbo families roll. There's jst so little bond, everyone is hustling his own leaving family behind

Again,you have failed in your quest. Nobody is more family conscious than the Igbo. Why?Because in every town they settle they form town,village and even kindred meetings that keep then united. Secondly,in my town I am yet to come across a widow that her husband's properties were taken from her after the death of the husband. We will even gather around and help in raising the children. This is not saying we dont have isolated incidents where late husbands siblings figbt his widow but that is in the very minority,just like you have even in yoruba land. When it comes to helping people you cant beat an Igbo man thats why you have alot of them very successful in their various trade. Go to head bridge Onitsha,the Orlu people dominate there because they were assisting each other to grow. Jewelry in Idumota is Umuoji controlled. Ladikpo market is Nnewi,Amichi controlled. So,you know nothing about the Igbo. What you have is an isolated incidents. I will not start bashing yoruba here because I dont wanna spoil this thread but watch what you say because we know you inside out.

5 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
tunde4eva: Nice analysis

Which tribe are u from?
middle'sbelt. And am mixed breed,if you know what i mean, one is from east the other is west. That's why am so honest with my observation. The only difficult time i got is to grade who is finer in yoruba and igbo guys. But eventually choosed yoruba guy's due to some criteria.

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by ketoprofen(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
ebuetor:
middle'sbelt. And am mixed breed,if you know what i mean, one is from east the other is west. That's why am so honest with my observation. The only difficult time i got is to grade who is finer in yoruba and igbo guys. But eventually choosed yoruba guy's due to some criteria.

Igbo guys are way finer than Yoruba guys . How u wan argue sef?
Every Yoruba guy is happy if u tell him he looks Igbo

2 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by ketoprofen(m): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
macof:

Do u people help yourselves at all? Many igbos have attributed their wealth and scholarships to their clansmen, Una dey do am?
That widow thing is mostly nollywood based, most of the widows I know took over their Hubby's biz and got richer.
U don't know how Igbo families roll, bro.
U stab yourselves the back a lot, so legendary . that's too bad.

3 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
There are some things you look into when concentrating on male facial out look and body presentation. Shape of head,nose, skin colour, eyes, lips. Shape of head alone disqualify the igbo guys, to start with. Other follow. Forget about dress sense now.
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by ketoprofen(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
What has shape of head or nose got to do with how cute sb looks.
Igbo people look more cute than yorubas, simple.
Check out Mr Nigeria contests and the celebrities, just in case you don't live among Igbo and Yoruba peoples.

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by ukukaegbu(m): 12:35am On Aug 31, 2014
ketoprofen:

Igbo guys are way finer than Yoruba guys . How u wan argue sef?
Every Yoruba guy is happy if u tell him he looks Igbo

He just wants to make some people feel happy. Even the Yoruba peeps know the truth. More like trying to balance it up after acknowledging that Igbo girls are prettier.

2 Likes

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by ketoprofen(m): 12:45am On Aug 31, 2014
ukukaegbu:

He just wants to make some people feel happy. Even the Yoruba peeps know the truth. More like trying to balance it up after acknowledging that Igbo girls are prettier.

Lolz.
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by nwafuluozoh: 11:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Funny but very true. Op you tried.
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
nwafuluozoh: Funny but very true. Op you tried.
thankyou.
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Agrika: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
*blushing*
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by cheruv: 12:12am On Sep 28, 2014
as Igbo, this increased my desire to marry a yellow ibo kos am of the red ibo variety
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dude you funnyooh
how can you judge a tribe by watching NOLLYWOOD MOVIES ?
grow up dude!

macof:

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by macof(m): 12:03am On Oct 03, 2014
adeitoro: Dude you funnyooh
how can you judge a tribe by watching NOLLYWOOD MOVIES ?
grow up dude!

who said anything about movies??
Get some sense
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 03, 2014
Because all you said expresses how nollywood replicates Igbo socio-cultural settings and attitudes to its fans.
I cannot conclude that Yorubas are fettish just because most scene I watched in their movies ascertain to such.
macof:

who said anything about movies??
Get some sense

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by macof(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2014
adeitoro: Because all you said expresses how nollywood replicates Igbo socio-cultural settings and attitudes to its fans.
I cannot conclude that Yorubas are fettish just because most scene I watched in their movies ascertain to such.

How does nollywood replicate Yorubas??
Fetishism is also part of the Igbo socio-cultural settings

Again...am nt talking abt movies but my experience with Igbo families
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by gatiano(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
classic! i can only imagine what would happen if the three tribes will just one day say "to hell southwest, southeast and northnorth, i am a blackman"
i read a book, "how to analyse people" according to the author, in life there are only five different kind of people regardless of tribe, race, gender or color.
they are , the alimentive, the thorascic, the muscular, the ossceous, the cerebral. all this five have different distinctive traits. according to your observations,
the igbos are cerebral muscular, pure muscular and alimentive muscular
the yorubas are cerebral alimentive, pure thorascic, cerebral thorascic, and in few cases osscceous with a mixture of any other
the hausas are pure ossceous.

it is very difficult to get a pure body type.
nice write up!

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Sheenor: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2014
Nice analysis indeed....but its obvious the op is been bias a little and very clear that he's an ibo or so......i will have point out where i think to •̸ϞƔ own opinion he's wrong about but i don't want to turn this beautiful thread into something else.... good one @Op anyways.
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Francman(m): 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ajambele!...kọlụ ịfe a jee nakpuo!!
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by red101(f): 2:45am On Dec 28, 2014
interesting but biased.
any yoruba people living in igboland who wants to volunteer to give us their "observation"?

1 Like

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by activefibre1(m): 5:20am On Jan 07, 2015
am yoruba....my 2cent observant is dat yoruba women get yash, ok, no..no no...i mean...bumbum,no...i mean bakasi, ok....backyard, or bumper, pass any tribe.

Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
activefibre1:
am yoruba....my 2cent observant is dat yoruba women get yash, ok, no..no no...i mean...bumbum,no...i mean bakasi, ok....backyard, or bumper, pass any tribe.
LOL you be real fiberactive.
Re: My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. by Godmother(f): 3:49am On Apr 04, 2015
davno:
We need to learn more about these Hausas. They don't even participate in d e-wars.

That's because the hausas are mostly peaceful and tame people.
Its only when money is involved and you try to cheat them that they raise their daggers.

@OP

Nice points, you got most of them so well, espcially about the yoruba man being book-savvy and educated and also being nonchallant about their environment.

The ibo man is also business savvy and can sell his mother to raise capital for business cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Romance Dictionary / The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.