Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled (49325 Views)

NYSC 2014 BATCH C Abuja Corpers, Let's Meet Here!!! / NYSC 2014 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by 2Pistols: 9:43am On Aug 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by jaybros: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2014
2Pistols: Mr know it all, can you write a similar report on why the Batch C orientation will be unaffected by this 'outbreak'? Stop trying to pull sense out of your butthole because it just sounds as bad as where it came from.

Eiya! What a pity!.... Its obvious the cancellation of the camp was better after all, we really don't need over 1000youths living in close contact with a person with so much vulgar loaded in his mind.
As for the batch C, we pray as a nation that d EVD wouldve been controlled to d barest minimum,
And TECHNICALLY as a graduate, we should all know that if it turns out otherwise, theirs could also be changed or even suspended indefinitely.
But...enjoy your right to your opinion "2pistols"....
I would never insult you bro/sis......its a forum, as educated persons, we should just learn to pass our message without issuing out insults. You don't know me and I don't know you.
But no hard feelings her with me, I don't have energy for hate, there's so much in d world already....Love wins

4 Likes

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by jaybros: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2014
Aha! And thanks for the commendation of "Mr know it all"....@2pistols
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by 2Pistols: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2014
jaybros: Aha! And thanks for the commendation of "Mr know it all"....@2pistols
I think I know why this gaybros guy doesn't like our petition. It's because we got posted to Lagos and you didn't. You know camp would be a horrendous experience for you (wherever you were posted to) that's why you're glad it was cancelled. Everyone knows what goes down at iyana ipaja and because you weren't going to be involved in the moment, you decide to counter anyone who tries to oppose.

You lost your first argument and instead of accepting defeat, you turned around to insult my personality. Round of applause for this guy please.

Well it's good that you've been spared the hell which would have been the summary of your september, I am happy for you. But don't expect to see any more replies from me, I don't play too well with half wits.

2 Likes

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by jaybros: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Hey Mr/miss 2pistols....icant stop lafin u kno. On d contrary, I'm a lagos based guy, livin not far from iyana ipaja camp, I could have served in lag if I wanted, but I'll b defeating thw whole essence of the nysc, I'm glad you're coming to lag, I wish u d very best, pls do play ur part to keep lag clean and safe.
I love d north, I schooled there. Its a lot more organized n peaceful.
Enjoy. I actually looked fwd to d camp experience but I support d fg n nysc's new schedule.
Enjoy ur life bro/sis

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by djdoxxx(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Now dat our camping activities have been disrupted;atleast we gats catch our own fun for camp....gonna open a thread for we d kogi state stream2 corpers...so we may work on something....08169552020 is moi whatsapp digit.

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by SenatorJames(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Have a successful camping.
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Sampson4: 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
So r we to enter the d camp before our different registration date
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by lawrence35(m): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
jaybros:

Yea bro, according to d press release, we'll be given d relocation form there in kaduna. I just don't know if they will drop maybe a list of states to choose from. During our school's orientation for NYSC, we were told Lagos, Abuja, Rivers and Ogun states are out of the possible relocation lists....let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks for the info...
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
One of the sad aspects of Leadership involves taking tough decisions... You think camp is play? Studying hw ebola is transmitted it is very clear that cancelling the camp is commendable... During various drills we will definitely sweat profusely, cough, bathe, some people will share others buckets, slippers, even sleep on other bunks etc. Yes maybe the chances of ebola outbreak are kinda slim... But its a good excuse. If they allow us go to camp & God forbids an outbreak occurs at any of the camps then your parents will criticise n blame FG for not cancelling the camp. Better safe than sorry ooo, better to have no camp tales than tell pathetic ones of fear & anxiety. If not for the fact stream 1 were already in camp during the early stages of the discovery they would have suffered the same fate, they are just lucky.... If you unhappy with the decison. WAIT FOR BATCH C then #simple

3 Likes

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Also if majority of us in stream 2 are so keen on camping then instead of complaining, protesting or. Rebelling why not look for the best way forward , I suggest contacting the DG urging him to give us 'stream 2'(affected states) preference over the batch C, thus we'll get a months break from our PPA to converge at camp and have a proper orientation by october/november (if the national health emergency has been lifted by then). Because even the batch C will have stream 2. What do u guys say?

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by jaybros: 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
skidskid: One of the sad aspects of Leadership involves taking tough decisions... You think camp is play? Studying hw ebola is transmitted it is very clear that cancelling the camp is commendable... During various drills we will definitely sweat profusely, cough, bathe, some people will share others buckets, slippers, even sleep on other bunks etc. Yes maybe the chances of ebola outbreak are kinda slim... But its a good excuse. If they allow us go to camp & God forbids an outbreak occurs at any of the camps then your parents will criticise n blame FG for not cancelling the camp. Better safe than sorry ooo, better to have no camp tales than tell pathetic ones of fear & anxiety. If not for the fact stream 1 were already in camp during the early stages of the discovery they would have suffered the same fate, they are just lucky.... If you unhappy with the decison. WAIT FOR BATCH C then #simple

True talk!!!!
D disadvantages outweighs the advantages....
Objectivity is what we need!
Nice one !
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by jaybros: 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
skidskid: Also if majority of us in stream 2 are so keen on camping then instead of complaining, protesting or. Rebelling why not look for the best way forward , I suggest contacting the DG urging him to give us 'stream 2'(affected states) preference over the batch C, thus we'll get a months break from our PPA to converge at camp and have a proper orientation by october/november (if the national health emergency has been lifted by then). Because even the batch C will have stream 2. What do u guys say?

If this health emergency is not solved/lifted....
I don't see batch C even holding at all....
They might issue all of them exemption letters..
Cos an un-noticed outbreak in any camp means the whole 36 states possible gets atleast 2 infected-from-camp corper entering to share it....unknowingly
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Sampson4: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2014
Pls if u r posted to Osun state.......pls call or whatsapp me with my number..08067106325.....because even me am thinking of what to do.....but we still be in d camp before our different registration date...
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by klosedino: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2014
Pls can somone b in d camp b4 d date of his geo political day
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by labimbola: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Pls can some1 go 2 camp b4 his geo-political date expecially wen u coming 4rm a far location nd wat else re we nao gonna take along?
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
labimbola: Pls can some1 go 2 camp b4 his geo-political date expecially wen u coming 4rm a far location nd wat else re we nao gonna take along?

If you have someone who resides in that state then u're good to go Atleast u stay in the person's house if u're not allowed to sleep in Camp. But if u have no one, try communicate with d 'first day guyz' and see if there's a possibility of u moving in before ur zone. If not, na comfirm OYO oo grin
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Hadassah00: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2014
jaybros: Just got this BC....*try to verify*

News update about NYSC stream ii batch B. The Stream II State Coordinators had a meeting with the
Director General Brig. Gen. J. B. Olawumi yesterday 18th
August, 2014 at the NYSC National Directorate Headquarters,
Abuja.
At the end of the meeting which lasted for about 2 hours and
ended at about 5:58 PM, management was able to reach a
consensus that >>
There will be no conventional camp for Stream II Corps
Members ie (No Lectures, Drills, Parade, etc) only registration
which should not exceed 2days at most and they leave the
camp. They will come back in 2weeks for their posting letter.
This is very to curb all chances of prospective corps members
contacting the deadly Ebola Virus while trying to serve their
father land.
Relocation forms will also be filled alongside registration for
those interested & successful Corps members gets their
relocation letters immediately & report to the State of
relocation in 2weeks.
Corps Members will open accounts as usual & receive all
their allowances ie bicycle, transport & 1st monthly allowance
usually given on camp.
The Stream II date starts Sept 1st and ends Sept 8th (8days
only). So Stream II NYSC staff & other camp officials are
spending just 8days on camp.
NOTE: If a Corps member registers and is issued kits & gets
all allowances, he/she leaves the camp till 2wks time to
collect posting letter.
So in a nutshell no Orientation Course for Stream II Corps
members.
Once fine-tuning is completed, updates will be posted on our
website before the week runs out. The DG NYSC will grant
some press interview on the matter soonest.
Above is the summary of the update on Stream II.
You will be informed of other developments on it
subsequently.
Thanks.
This is gettin more nd more interestin. Pls hw authentic is dis report?
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
18th August? That's old news na. Today is 25th. Don't tell me u don't know about this already.

Hadassah00:
This is gettin more nd more interestin. Pls hw authentic is dis report?
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Unichizzy(f): 2:43am On Aug 26, 2014
I wish you help fight our course. This is the voice of the NYSC batch B (stream 2) prospective corps members. We were supposed to arrive in our various camps as traditionally scheduled by the NYSC management as at the 4th day of August, 2014 but prior to that day, we were notified that the prospective corps members would be divided into two sections  stream 1 (which commenced on the 4th of August) and stream 2 (scheduled to start on the 1st day of september, 2014) due to the insurgency in some states and renovations in the case of Lagos camp. We were also told that each prospective corps member would know the stream he/she falls in upon the retrieval of call up letters from their various institutions. We have complied with the arrangement of the NYSC management by staying back at home; waiting, dreaming of the Almighty September 1st to start the journey of serving our father's land which has been the dream of every Nigerian child opportuned to pass through the four walls of the university only to have our hope shattered by the news of the cancellation of the 3weeks orientation camp session. According to NYSC management, they said it was to prevent the spread of Ebola which has been imported into the country even before the stream 1 corps members left for camp but come to think of it; if the cancellation was to prevent the spread of the aforementioned virus what then can the president say about the presidential campaigns going on in many states of the federation? That too should be cancelled to prevent the spread of the so called virus  if stream 2 corps members cannot go to caqmp... Please my point is, they should not have started this if they knew they would not finish it. We the stream 2 NYSC corps members wish to enjoy the same measures, skills acquisition, entreprenuerership lectures and orientation given to our stream 1 counter parts cos we all are out to serve our father's land and their should be no disparity for we are equal and on the same footing.

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Unichizzy(f): 2:47am On Aug 26, 2014
if its for our betterment then what about the presidential campaigns going on in the country with loads of peeps pushing for space and all that... is it also an anti ebola measure or is it dt some people wants to sideline the money budgeted for the stream 2 corps members orientation exercise?
CORRUPTION IN HIGH PLACES AT ANY SLIGHTEST OPPORTUNITY

2 Likes

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by labimbola: 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
3weeks camp cancelled or not cancelled does not bother me, wat bothers me is d 2weeks in btw d registration nd collection of posting letter, whre re dey expecting us 2 be 4 dos weeks, travel back dat long dist(10-12hrs) back hme nd den travel d same long dist back 4 d posting ryt?? Afta 1st travelling dat dist 2 camp @ 1st. Do I look lyk a travelling agent. I don't think so, some1 pls say something diff 4rm wat am thinking.pls

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by JayZ55: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
So no mami activity.... serious matta. coz na dat one I only reason for that bush I swear lol
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by chibuezecu(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
Do you need redeployment

Call: 08093786217

BBM: 221925EC
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by chibuezecu(m): 7:53am On Aug 27, 2014
208 fake Batch B corp members sent home in Niger State and a corp member courses tention for refusing to stand National Anthem.
More details soon................

NOTE: NO cancelation or orientation camp
BE WARNED!!!

For posting, re-deployment, advice etc

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by prixxy7(f): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
chibuezecu: 208 fake Batch B corp members sent home in Niger State and a corp member courses tention for refusing to stand National Anthem.
More details soon................

NOTE: NO cancelation or orientation camp
BE WARNED!!

For posting, re-deployment, advice etc

pls @ bolded, wea did U̶̲̥̅̊ get d news from?
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by spartacusdove(m): 10:56am On Aug 27, 2014
I am against the cancellation of our orientation exercise, EVD has been 'contained'. sign a petition against it here;
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/12583467#bbfb=913272373
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by amosquitoe(m): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
only prayer can reverse it...lets pray

1 Like

Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by remixs(m): 3:28am On Aug 28, 2014
please how true is this information you re posting let know.Is there anybody posted to Adamawa state but camping in Niger,under south west zone should contact my no 08062134529 so we relate when we reach camp.
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Ckof: 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
The real reason d orientation program is cancelled is only known to dem bt I know it's Nt because of Ebola, dats jst an excuse. It hurts wen I read bout it especially after all d stuffs I bought n I was rily lookin forward to snapping pictures bt thank God I had COBES experience as an undergraduate. Wd hold on to dat even if I don't av nysc camp experience.
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Tolumas: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2014
If u ar goin 2 Nassarawa state 4rm suleja 4 NYSC stream 2, pls cal or whatapp me on 08033327945 or ping me 2A5C561E, tanx
Re: Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled by Chibliss2: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pls what is happening in camp cos i heard they are not registering it according to the time table again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kebbi Corpers Decamped For Smoking Weed And Other Drugs At NYSC Camp / Male Corper Proposed To Female Corper (Drama) / Corper Stabbed In His Eye By Girlfriend For Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.