Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics (9020 Views)

Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation / Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 5:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said the state will meet the demand of potable water supply to the residents by 2020. The governor gave the assurance on Tuesday after inspecting the ongoing construction in the Adiyan waterworks. He said the project was designed to put an end to scarcity of potable water supply to the residents. The governor, who also inaugurated an 18 classroom block at Sonmori Senior Comprehensive High School, College Road, Ifako Ijaiye and First African Primary School, Iju–Ishaga, said the All Progressives Congress would continue to provide dividends of democracy to the people. Fashola said, “The construction work in the Adiyan waterworks phase II is in top gear. The contractor has shown that his men could work at night and hopefully, this will speed up the construction of the waterworks. “This is the third major waterworks in the state. The first was the Iju waterworks which was built in 1910. There was no major intervention in the state until 1991 when Adiyan waterworks phase I was constructed. That was a long time and the population continued to grow in the state. “This is direct government funding. The long term plan is that we will need more of this to be able to hit the water demands of the residents of the state. The plan is that by 2020, we should be able to meet the plan of the citizens of the state.” The governor explained that provision of water alone was never the answer to water scarcity, but the conservation of water. He said, “Like all utilities, one can never oversupply. So, to have adequate supply, it requires minimisation of waste and water conservation. “Work on the Ifako-Ijaiye mini stadium is ongoing and it will be completed on time. It is a commitment I made to them and I assured them that I will deliver it. And hopefully, we will finish it before 2015.”

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 5:25am On Aug 20, 2014
Also today, students in Ifako Ijaye and Iju Ishaga received new new school buildings..

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by bcomputer101: 5:44am On Aug 20, 2014
How i wish photocopy of brain is possible.

I would have photocopy Fashola brain and give it to GEJ.

So as to know what development is all about.

*Kudos BRF*

50 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by eaglechild: 5:53am On Aug 20, 2014
Why can't we do anything standard in Lagos?

What is this shabby contraption I'm seeing?

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Mynd44: 6:28am On Aug 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by justi4jesu(f): 6:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Amen.......hopefully things will get better..
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by holyboss: 6:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by datguru: 6:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Story for the gods

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by CharlieMaria(m): 6:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Nice.
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 20, 2014
By 2020, it will become vision 2045

17 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Neduzze5(m): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2014
What kind of nonsense is this? Meeting water demands in almost 6 years from now? Damn! These politicians have no care for their citizens.

May God help us all. Amen!! cry

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by sammieguze(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2014
Well.... The 6 years period is not my problem but the fact that even at the end of that 6 years, there maybe still be nothing to show for it... That's if the project is not abandoned along the way.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by LMAyedun(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2014
Vision 2020
The problem with this kinda project is, lack of continuity on the path of our politicians and Gov't.

A new Gov't will come into power neglecting old & uncompleted projects to start another which he won't complete as well.
Lack of Continuity is a major problem killing this nation.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by kaywiluv(f): 6:36am On Aug 20, 2014
Election package

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by mohammad11: 6:36am On Aug 20, 2014
If na him go dey for the office I for have partial believe on this vision 2020,
but it wont be him by that time.
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by fweshyboi(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
This ppl gat no brain.. Is water the problem of we Lagosian?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by sleekdre: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Potable water by 2020 is not news!!! What happened to 2015? Its water we are talking about here. Later peeps will call GEJ clueless..just saying.

...hehehehehe and runs away from thread!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Ptoocool(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥..

22 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by QMark: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Nice
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
2020 when he will be conveniently out of office.
besides, is that red mud?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2014
hahaha, I just love the way the OP, Cleverishly changed the title....
well I have something for you, It's better you changed it, because we know Nigeria meets target it sets for itself.
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by holyboss: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2014
I smell 3rd term campaign smiley

Boh what's my own anyway, I don't liv in lagos.

Lemme also use dis moment to commend d effort of those who created d Nairaland Beta APP #thumbsUp.....if not for a app, I doublt if I wud av made a first page comment tonguetongue #dancingShoki

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by alaladakosta(f): 6:38am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerian politicians,promising us stuff since 362bc.

Anyways.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by lilprinze: 6:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigeria would have been a better place if all our governors and politicians would stop using their brains to loot our money and use their brains like the way fashola is using his brain.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by holyboss: 6:39am On Aug 20, 2014
I smell 3rd term campaign smiley

Boh what's my own anyway, I don't liv in lagos.

Lemme also use dis moment to commend d effort of those who created d Nairaland Beta APP #thumbsUp.....if not for a app, I doubt if I wud av made a first page comment tonguetongue #dancingShoki

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Gifted4all(m): 6:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Lagos is working.keep it up

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by ratiken(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2014
Rubbish propaganda. I see plastic water tanks and civil structures that can easily qualify for residential building foundation.

Lagos is full of intrigues, deception and propaganda. His next action will be to bash FG for not doing enough to provide portable water.
Very Predictable Evils.

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by freshness2020: 6:42am On Aug 20, 2014
2020.... OP I suspect ♈όϋ !
♈όϋ and Fashola get hidden plans..
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 20, 2014
not water

we need constant light abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Ransom Paid To Free 21 Chibok Girls – DHQ / Demonstrate Capacity To Earn Rail Contracts — Amaechi Tells Local Contractors / Kogi Flood Victims Reject N3,000 Compensation From State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.