Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics (9021 Views)

Osun Begins N2bn Ede Water Works Rehabilitation / Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Gbawe: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Louislewis: Fashola...more grease to your elbow. Can other leaders and representatives see what "Providing Water" for the masses is all about? It is always a shame seeing governors, chairmen, etc, commissioning 14th century projects called "Borehole" in the name of providing water for the masses. What a backward shame to this nation.

Indeed. Anyone with a moderately technical and/or dissective mind will immediately appreciate the scale of this project and the solution it is capable of delivering. These are the sort of ambitious projects Nigerians, in every State of our Nation, need to bridge the infrastructural chasm decades of corruption, copious looting and indolent leadership has caused. It really is deplorable that basic amenities others take for granted worldwide remain a distant dream for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Pls, kindly explain why you'r excited by the fact that Fashola INSPECTED a project whereas you attacked those of us who commended the ongoing Abuja Light rail. Below was your response to my one of my posts on thread about the Abuja Light rail

You celebrate a project with an uncertain completion date whereas you condemned the Abuja Light Rail project simply because it will be completed next year and not today? What motivates you to take these contrasting and shameful positions on NL?
Here is an excerpt from the RAIL blabla
Sincere9gerian: Earlier, the Director, Special Programme Implementation Unit of SURE-P in the FCT, Mr. Kashim Ali, said the contract for the light rail project was awarded in 2009 to CCECC Nigeria Limited at the cost of N106 billion.

Ali said work on the project was delayed due to paucity of funds for about three years, adding however, that it had attained 52.7 per cent completion and would be completed at the end of 2015.

He said the project was being jointly funded by the Federal Government and EXIM Bank of China, with the Chinese bank providing a concessional loan of $500 million.
You see the bold? It is Future tense. We have Seen so many future "completion" of project by the FG since February 2010. Should I list them?

aresa: Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said the state will meet the demand of potable water supply to the residents by 2020. The governor gave the assurance on Tuesday after inspecting the ongoing construction in the Adiyan waterworks. He said the project was designed to put an end to scarcity of potable water supply to the residents. . The plan is that by 2020, we should be able to meet the plan of the citizens of the state.” The governor explained that provision of water alone was never the answer to water scarcity, but the conservation of water. He said, “Like all utilities, one can never oversupply. So, to have adequate supply, it requires minimisation of waste and water conservation. “Work on the Ifako-Ijaiye mini stadium is ongoing and it will be completed on time. It is a commitment I made to them and I assured them that I will deliver it. And hopefully, we will finish it before 2015.”
Please pay concentration to the emboldened and see how the Governor BACKS his Words with Action that is on Ground. Pictures DON'T lie cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2014
Gbawe: It really is deplorable to see the state of the mind of the average Nigerian as exemplified by contributions on Nairaland. If a Nation's human resources indicate the strength of that Nation then one can conclude Nigeria is a very weak nation. This is a project being handled for Lagos State by the Salini Impregilo group which is an established and international construction sector participant with many laudable projects to its name. I am personally glad Lagos is investing in large-scale infrastructural and engineering projects that can drastically bridge decade-old deficits to meet the needs and challenges of one of the most populous cities in the World. It really is deplorable that the provision of potable water remains a serious challenge for most Nigerian States. As a Lagosian, I am happy to see efforts like this aimed at tackling this problem.

http://www.salini-impregilo.com/en/projects/in-progress/dams-hydroelectric-plants-hydraulic-works/construction-of-adiyan-waterworks-phase-ii.html

Please Chief Gbawe, with due respect Sir, You can replace the emboldened with "A section of Nigerians" that are resistant to good things of governance

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by babestella: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: Governor Fashola Is Working
APC is Working
The Best Man For The Job...
The Best Party For the Job

Don't tell that you wouldn't do better than uncle Fash if given an opportunity to man the top job.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista:
You see the bold? It is Future tense. We have Seen so many future "completion" of project by the FG since February 2010. Should I list them?

Please pay concentration to the emboldened and see how the Governor BACKS his Words with Action that is on Ground. Pictures DON'T lie cheesy cheesy cheesy
The Abuja Light Rail report says will be completed at the end of 2015 while this thread says the Lagos water works would be completed before 2015. Work is ongoing on both projects so why your madness on the Abuja Light rail thread?

If you talk about missed targets, it applies to all tiers of govt, and even we as individuals do miss targets. Or have you met all your targets for this year? Where is the 4th Mainland Bridge promised by Tinubu's party since 1999?

For me, the most important thing in any project is whether work is going on or not.

So my guy, you'r already in a big mess so stop digging further. You'r not making sense.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by whitecat007: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2014
The village didirin, what did you say again?

Jonathan did not commission as little as a bird cage when he was in Fasola's position as a governor and he has been a president for almost 6 years now with nothing to show for it but, stealing tens of $$B and stashed in his hoes hairy purses. He was also a vice president before then. Try again OLODO, I can tell you don't know how many fingers are there on your hands. Go and swallow a hot bulb joor! Apoda gbemu!

Lagos has not received a kobo from Fg to fight EBOLA! The retardeen has done it again! He doesn't care about securing lives in Nigeria. Fashola is setting up ebola treatment centres and taking care of the victims without any help from the federal govt, quote me anywhere.

FLYFIRE:
YOU DAFTNESS IS SECOND TO NONE BOY. YOU ABUSE SOMEONE WHO IS JUST THREE & HALF YEARS BECAUSE HE IS NOT FORM APC & HAS NOT DONE EVERYTHING BUT NOT YOUR HYPOCRITE GOVERNOR WHO IS FROM APC & HAS BEEN THERE FOR SEVEN & HALF YEARS BECAUSE HE CAN NOT DO EVERYTHINE AT ONCE. GOOD LOGIC. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, MORE THAN 80% OF THINGS DONE IN LAGOS IS BY PRIVATE SECTOR. THE OTHER DAY HE `COMMISSIONED` TEJUOSHO MARKET THAT WAS BUILT BY FIRST BANK & MADE IT LOOK AS IF HIS GOVT BUILT IT. ON EBOLA, I CAN SEND YOU A LIST OF DONORS WHOSE MONEY & MATERIALS ARE AT WORK IN NIGERIA. FGN ALSO SENT MONEY & MATERIALS TO ALL THE STATES. YOU PEOPLE ARE FULL OF DECEIT & BY GOD`S GRACE YOU WILL LOSE GREATLY IN 2015. ODE OSHI

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
You'r already in a big mess so stop digging further. You'r not making sense.
Come on bro I responded to you. You can dig further and I will be glad to respond. You know it is sweet when comparing the brightness of a candle light and light from the Sun grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2014
babestella:

Don't tell that you wouldn't do better than uncle Fash if given an opportunity to man the top job.
Ofcourse I can and will do better. He isn't perfect and I know areas of improvement. Even If I do my best, some other SINCERE leader will come onboard and dwarf my achievement. That is what will call governance

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by whitecat007: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Good grief!! Thanks! Fasola backs his word up with actions while Jonathan is all about lies. That's it! The paid PDP are at their day jobs here. This is what they are paid to do, lie to Nigerians and sell their future for less than 100,000 per month or 5,000 per post.

barcanista:

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by whitecat007: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2014
Well anyone can say anything but, the reality is if we can keep getting the likes of Fashola from now on, then we are going to take our position in the league of great countries of the world.
babestella:

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
The Abuja Light Rail report says will be completed at the end of 2015 while this thread says the Lagos water works would be completed before 2015. Work is ongoing on both projects so why your madness on the Abuja Light rail thread?

If you talk about missed targets, it applies to all tiers of govt, and even we as individuals do miss targets. Or have you met all your targets for this year? Where is the 4th Mainland Bridge promised by Tinubu's party since 1999?

For me, the most important thing in any project is whether work is going on or not.

So my guy, you'r already in a big mess so stop digging further. You'r not making sense.
I don't understand what you mean. A rail that started few years ago will be completed in 2015 yet NO Picture for us to assess level of Progress. bros abeg Advice Dr. Jona to work on his "Promises" and "wills" so that Nigeria will enjoy the benefit of DEMOCRACY. As at today, we are only enduring him in pains and hope he performs with the little time left to election. Please Allow Performing Governors to deliver. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Gbawe: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: Please Chief Gbawe, with due respect Sir, You can replace the emboldened with "A section of Nigerians" that are resistant to good things of governance

You make a good point actually in relation to Nigeria today. It is indeed a section of Nigerians who automatically and ignorantly attempt to dismiss and ridicule the achievements of others, no matter how laudable or innovatively effective such is, because of primitive bad belle. This project, for example, is the sort any educated mind will praise. Yet, below is the contribution of the sort of Nigerian you talk about who is only too happy to speak ignorantly.

The ignoramus has no information at all on the project, beyond what he sees, and has no interest in obtaining said information that can make him a productive contributor to discussion. Instead he is happy to speak ignorantly to satisfy his caveman-like backwardness. This is a superb project being handled by an expert international construction group handling several projects in Nigeria currently. Yet the worthless human resources, from "a section of Nigerians" can only contribute the usual bad belle-driven idiocy. Shameful really. Laughable the ignoramus below is talking about "standard" when he does not even appreciate how ignorant he sounds judging a project with a relatively small amount of pictures and virtually nil relevant data or even a project rendering to base his talk of "standard" on.

eaglechild: Why can't we do anything standard in Lagos?

What is this shabby contraption I'm seeing?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by eaglechild: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gbawe:

You make a good point actually in relation to Nigeria today. It is indeed a section of Nigerians who automatically and ignorantly attempt to dismiss and ridicule the achievements of others, no matter how laudable or innovatively effective such is, because of primitive bad belle. This project, for example, is the sort any educated mind will praise. Yet, below is the contribution of the sort of Nigerians you talk about who is only too happy to speak ignorantly.

The ignoramus has no information at all on the project, beyond what he sees, and has no interest in obtaining said information that can make him a productive contributor to discussion. Instead he is happy to speak ignorantly to satisfy his caveman-like backwardness. This is a superb project being handled by an expert international construction group handling several projects in Nigeria currently. Yet the worthless human resources, from "a section of Nigerians" can only contribute the usual bad belle-driven idiocy. Shameful really. Laughable the ignoramus below is talking about "standard" when he does not even appreciate how ignorant he sounds judging a project with a relatively small amount of pictures and virtually nil relevant data or even a project rendering to base his talk of "standard" on.

Your epistle will not make the project any less shabby.
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by juman(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
The next governor of lagos should also passionately focus on electricity provision.

The governor has not done well on improving provision of light.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
APC rats in the house grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gbawe:

You make a good point actually in relation to Nigeria today. It is indeed a section of Nigerians who automatically and ignorantly attempt to dismiss and ridicule the achievements of others, no matter how laudable or innovatively effective such is, because of primitive bad belle. This project, for example, is the sort any educated mind will praise. Yet, below is the contribution of the sort of Nigerian you talk about who is only too happy to speak ignorantly.

You have spoken excellently. The people on the other side of the divide are used to mediocre performance of their principals. They play politics with EVERYTHING. They usually and shamelessly try in vain to talk down performing Governors and leaders because they see such performance as threat to the political existence of their overlords. Most unfortunate of it is that they realise within themselves that they are wallowing in self-delusion. It's a pitiable misery that they are in and most shamefully, they are not willing to change ground even when it stares at them. All we have to do is help them by reaching out to innocent minds so as to kick-out the overlords of these people and cause them to be politically and mentally rehabilitated.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Gbawe: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:
Your epistle will not make the project any less shabby.

"Shabby" only to a semi-illiterate and pitiful ignoramus like you. You are a disgrace to your nation with how, before non-Nigerians reading, you are not ashamed to display myopic bad belle which exposes hideous ignorance and pathetic lack of knowledge. You are an example of a youth worthless to Nigeria because of your preference for blind hatred of others instead of embracing the path of enlightenment/personal development and a dedication to being part of the solution through knowledge acquisition.

Do you even know what water treatment plants look like to note they are not tall skyscrapers made of glass? Mumu, I have taken the liberty of supplying the pictures of a water treatment plants to disabuse you of your ignorance. Kindly go and do something worthwhile with your life instead of coming here to just automatically attempt to belittle laudable initiatives of others out of nothing other than ignorant prejudice and hate.

[img]http://info.opersan.com.br/Portals/138299/images/tratamento%20%C3%A1gua%20industrial.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by eaglechild: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gbawe:

"Shabby" only to a semi-illiterate and pitiful ignoramus like you. You are a disgrace to your nation with how, before non-Nigerians reading, you are not ashamed to display myopic bad belle which exposes hideous ignorance and pathetic lack of knowledge. You are an example of a youth worthless to Nigeria because of your preference for blind hatred of others instead of embracing the path of enlightenment/personal development and a dedication to being part of the solution through knowledge acquisition.

Do you even know what water treatment plants look like to note they are not tall skyscrapers made of glass? Mumu, I have taken the liberty of supplying the pictures of a water treatment plants to disabuse you of your ignorance. Kindly go and do something worthwhile with your life instead of coming here to just automatically attempt to belittle laudable initiatives of others out of nothing other than ignorant prejudice and hate.

[img]http://info.opersan.com.br/Portals/138299/images/tratamento%20%C3%A1gua%20industrial.jpg[/img]

Don't get yourself all worked up.

I have been to water treatment plants and the pictures I see their remain shabby.

Maybe it is camera but I am simply not impressed.
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Gbawe: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: You have spoken excellently. The people on the other side of the divide are used to mediocre performance of their principals. They play politics with EVERYTHING. They usually and shamelessly try in vain to talk down performing Governors and leaders because they see such performance as threat to the political existence of their overlords. Most unfortunate of it is that they realise within themselves that they are wallowing in self-delusion. It's a pitiable misery that they are in and most shamefully, they are not willing to change ground even when it stares at them. All we have to do is help them by reaching out to innocent minds so as to kick-out the overlords of these people and cause them to be politically and mentally rehabilitated.

The part in bold red above is absolutely correct and even recognised as a specific pattern of human behaviour. Some people are pathetic and their behaviour conforms to the saying below. The effort to always denigrate Fashola and Lagos mainly come from the same set of SE/PDP bigots. This is the sort of project all Nigerians should be united in welcoming yet we know those too destroyed by hate of others to the extent they only remain interested in talking negatively even when their is absolutely no need for such.

"People who are intimidated by you talk bad about you with hope that others won't find you so appealing."

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by Gbawe: 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:

I have been to water treatment plants and the pictures I see their remain shabby.

Sharap !!! You are an ignoramus. There is no standard look for a water treatment plant - and that is my point. Many factors and engineering considerations determine design and construction plan. How can you then tell what is "shabby" without even seeing a comprehensive rendering of the treatment plant?

All you saw are pictures showing different sections and perspective of a project that does not even look at 50% construction stage yet your 'expert eyes' saw shabby? Dude, best to just conclude you spoke hastily because of bad belle and stop digging yourself deeper into the hole of ignorance you are already in.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
itsIYKE: Another project never to be heard of again,.

He built 15 water works already all over Lagos state and even a power plant to supply to Iju water works, the same power your worthless uncles in Abuja refused to supply to pump water from the water works into our pipes.

Funny enough, your own village governor knows nothing about water works so I wont even ask you if he's built any...
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:

You managed to figure out that a construction site picture take with rain water everywhere looks shabby just by looking at the picture? What's a construction site to supposed to look like?

Are you a water plant construction engineer or designer and if you are, do you mind showing us your work or whatever gave you the knowledge and authority to bore us with your ignorance and village ramblings..

You hate mongering and angry people come up with the dumbest and illiterate crap for real...
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
juman: The next governor of lagos should also passionately focus on electricity provision.

The governor has not done well on improving provision of light.

Unfortunately, he can not and it's not even wise under the present arrangement. We need absolute freedom to generate and transmit with fresh power infrastructure from bottom up.

Wasting your money to generate power and later sending it into the worthless hole we call transmission lines or National grid with little benefits makes no sense...
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by davo3286: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Then it was the year 2000 and now 2020? undecided
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Same day....

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Coming from incompetent and corrupt loosers with endless lies and deceptions about stable power supply and this and that MW every day and every year with no end in sight..

Would you like me to embarass you with the billions your masters looted from the water resources funds?

Keep quiet sometimes abeg....
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by comos: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
I am yet to come across any tap that gets its water supply from Lagos water corporation.
Please if have seen, let me know the location

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by comos: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
no be only 2020
na 2200

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by aresa: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
comos: I am yet to come across any tap that gets its water supply from Lagos water corporation.
Please if have seen, let me know the location

Trust me, you can not see anything from your village.
Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by tit(f): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Fashola is a disgrace.

If any Lagosian is still fooled by his fototricks,
the person deserves to be tinubu's slave.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by comos: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
aresa:
Trust me, you can not see anything from your village.
yes, It is impossible for me to see things from my village, I can only see them where I reside.
Please let me know the area in Lagos where Tap is getting their water supply from Lagos water corporation

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics by delishpot: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ha ha, na so dem take start with vission 2000, when 2000 reach dem say vision 2010 undecided, we say ok e nor far make we sidon dey look. 2010 come reach, dem say no chance say now na vission 2015. we say ah ah, why nau? Why all this ping pong with our heads nau? Dem say e nor easy o, we say ok, we go wait shebi na 5 yrs time? Dem say yes! We say ok we go wait, now 2015 don remain small dem don bring 2020. Lol.
For dia mind our mumu nor get part 2. Well make dem know say we know their wayo, we know say come 2020 not a drop of water go run for naija taps we know say na empty words and we know say we no get hope in them. So no need for all this postponing dates. Just come out straight and tell us that we should not look forward to anything tangible from you guys. Shior yeye dey smell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol Subsidy To Exceed $3.85bn Estimate - Financial Derivatives Company (FDC) / Fashola Urges Court To Dismiss Falana’s Suit On Oshodi/Apapa Road / Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.